Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which flower colors/options do you like best? (see photos at bottom of page)
Light to Medium pinks with blue hydrangeas 10 45.45%
Light to Dark pinks 2 9.09%
Dark pinks/magentas with some cornflowers & gerbera daises 7 31.82%
No pink - pick another color 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #76
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

Just caught up with your PJ! Can you believe your wedding is 2 weeks away!? Isn't that crazy!? It's going to be here before you know it!

Alright, first of all, I'm very sorry to hear about your co worker. She will be in my thoughts and prayers as she transitions in to a new phase of her life. I'm very glad that it wasn't as bad as it could have been and she is physically okay now. It breaks my heart to hear what happened to her, I was almost in tears.

Next, I'm glad you took care of the BM. He sounds like a real jerk and I think it was a good decision. You don't need people like that around on the happiest day of your life!

And last, I'm sorry about the drama at DF's work. It doesn't sound like a good place to work. But by the sounds of it, you two work through stuff very well. I think it is great how you two worked through the issues and realized how his job was effecting you and your lives. This proves that you two will have a strong marriage! Good luck with the prospects of new jobs. I wish him the best!!!
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #77
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Hello again folks! I haven't posted anything recently because I have been so busy and we got a nasty (and very smart) Trojan virus on my home computer that took DF over 3 days to get rid of!

I have one week left til the wedding and I am nervous and excited all at the same time! Thank goodness all the drama is over!!

I have some photos to share on recent purchases/happenings! I will probably separate it in a few posts back to back.

First up: The Bridal Shower

My DM & DMIL have most of the pictures on their cameras but I did take pics of a few things. My mom held the shower at a cute little Italian restaurant in the town I grew up in called Giampinos.

My mother is so cute and wanted to carry my when you wish upon a star theme and my main color (cornflower blue) through to the bridal shower. She asked the bakery where she got her cake to try to do the star design from my invitations. We were laughing about it because it came out like a birthday/4th of july cake...but it was still cute:

Centerpieces:

Favors:

Pic of me and Future MIL:

---------------

'85-Ramada Inn||'90-Days Inn||'95-POR||'97-Holiday Inn||'99-ASM/AS Sport||
Fall '00-WDWCP||'04-CBR||'05-AKL||'06-POLY/POP||'09-DCL Disneymoon
||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!
LeesyUD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #78
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

I think that cake is cute!!!!

Can you believe we only have 1 week left!!!! I know how excited you must be because I AM TOO!!!!! It's almost here!!!!!
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:22 AM   #79
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Alright Next up is some items for the wedding ceremony and reception I will be using for decor etc..

Ceremony Decor

1. Originally I had planned on using and arch that the venue had for ceremonies. However we recently got upgraded to the bigger ballroom! This is great because now we can set up and actual isle instead of everyone sitting at their tables. So I wanted to have something a little nicer for the ceremony than the arch with artificial flowers. We found two cute white pedestals at AC Moore for $6+ each! (don't have a pic right now of them). On top of them we are going to use the vases below (AC Moore - $7 each with coupon) and my florist will do arrangements in them that will go with my flowers. Here are the vases:

And I have confirmed that this is what I will be doing for my bouquet bc I just love it!!!

2. Bows for the parents rows will be made from this ribbon:

Reception Items

Cake topper - In the end we decided to go with something simple and contemporary for our cake topper. Our caked is going to be 3 tiers - rasberry swirl on bottom, and chocloate chip on middle and top tiers. It will be an all ivory cake and the design will have diamond etching with white dots (pin cushion look) on the top and bottom tiers. The middle tier will have just bigger white dots, no etching. We also will have white icing roses all around the bottom of the cake and about 6 or 7 of the roses spaced on the top edge of the cake. Here is the topper we are putting in the middle:

Guestbook (Engravable Frame)
- I had been going back and forth with a few ideas for a guest book. My mom was helping me and I showed her an engravable frame I saw at www.idoengravables.com. It was more expensive than I really wanted to pay for a guestbook type of thing (about $150 with some extra stuff)...but I thought it was so cool. Plus DF and I really don't have any frames and I thought it would be put to better use than a normal guestbook. I had pretty much decided that I was going to get that. My mom said she would chip in a bit for it to help me and to wait a few days to order it til she could get me the money for it. Well she ended up paying for it herself and suprised me with it at the shower. As I had planned to, she had them professional engrave it with our names, wedding date, and "wishes do come true". She also got me the extra engraving pen I wanted (in case one got lost) and a practice mat (so guests can practice using the special pen before they engrave into the actual frame). It also comes with a special cloth used to clean the engravable mat part. She also got me the cake topper and a cake serving set. Here is the engravable frame I will be using as my guestbook at the wedding:

It also came with a nice instruction card that you can display in a frame. At the shower, a friend of mine got me some Disney stuff including a cute 4x6 silver mickey head frame. The card was meant for a 5x7 frame, but I was able to cut it down to fit in that frame and will be using it like this at the wedding:

Finally we knew we wanted to display the slipper I got when DF proposed in WDW at the wedding somewhere. I forgot I had this cute blue pillow from years ago that says "looking for prince charming!" and has Cinderella's coach on it. So as long as we can make the slipper stay on the pillow ok, we will probably display it like this:

We are also brining our nice flat screen monitor from home and hooking it up to DF's laptop so we can have a powerpoint slide show of us, when gets walk in. We will probably put the slipper and pillow next to the screen.

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!
Old 07-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #80
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess22 View Post
I think that cake is cute!!!!

Can you believe we only have 1 week left!!!! I know how excited you must be because I AM TOO!!!!! It's almost here!!!!!
I know I am sooo excited...I am so jealous you are going on a cruise first...I could use that right now haha! I am also about to post some pics of my hair and makeup trial to get some opinions bc I am sooo confused right now ugh!

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!
Old 07-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #81
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

New Wedding Dress Photos:

Here are some photos I took of me in my dress at my last fitting. We eneded up adding sheer straps/sleeves to the dress. Please excuse the belly...I will be wearing some good spanks and bettter bra so it should look alot better the day of. Also the necklace i had bought does not seem to show well in pictures so I will probably be just wearing a drop pearl that my mother has to go with the earings I bought. Unfortuantely I can't do anything about my flabby arms. But I think everything will look better once I am all put together:

And here are some pics of the dress on its own:

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!

Last edited by LeesyUD; 07-25-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #82
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Hair and Makeup Trial - Need Opinions

A casual friend of mine who is a hair dresser said she would do my hair and makeup for the wedding as her wedding gift to me, which is awesome of her!

Here is the hair and makeup from the trial (ignore the lipstick...I am picking out a new shade this weekend to wear the day of):

Makeup up close (excuse the unwaxed eyebrows - they will be done):

I loved everything when I was there when I looked in the mirror - I thought it was perfect! But then I got home and looked at the pictures and had some concerns and delayed thoughts. So I could use some honest opinions on these things:

1. Eye Makeup - I think it looks great but I am concerned the colors might be too dark or too bold - should I have her do more neutral colors or leave as is?

2. Hair - I realized two things after I got home. The first is that I realized that I had told her to do low curls and the veil on top. But for some reason it just hit me that I will be covering up all those beautiful curls for the ceremony. Do you think it would be horrible if I ask her if she can put the curls higher for the veil to go underneath? I expressed some of my concerns about the hair already to her but not this in particular. She said she can always change my hair and that is was up to me. So I think it would be ok but I jsut feel bad being a pain in the butt. Also I realized that the way the hair is pulled back is giving me a major widows peak and making my face look a bit too round. So I think I going to have her pull my hair back across and curls higher up, kind of like this (played with it myself to get a general idea):

What do you guys think? Need some honest opinions - and I am being too difficult?

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!
Old 07-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #83
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

The cake was so cute for the bridal shower.

I like the cake topper and the engraveable frame is the same one I have been looking at getting, good choice

Okay, if you want honest, I don't care for the makeup (the eye makeup that is). I do agree with you that the eye makeup is a little much. You should has something that makes your eyes glow, I just think it is too dark. And if you are questioning it, that should tell you something. You could do a nice shimmery pink, or gold/silver, something more neutral I think something in the pink family would look nice.

Your hair looks cute, I love the curls (I'm thinking of doing something similar, just higher on my head) and if it would make you feel better putting it higher, then tell her, it may be her gift, but it's your wedding day.
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #84
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
The cake was so cute for the bridal shower.

I like the cake topper and the engraveable frame is the same one I have been looking at getting, good choice

Okay, if you want honest, I don't care for the makeup (the eye makeup that is). I do agree with you that the eye makeup is a little much. You should has something that makes your eyes glow, I just think it is too dark. And if you are questioning it, that should tell you something. You could do a nice shimmery pink, or gold/silver, something more neutral I think something in the pink family would look nice.

Your hair looks cute, I love the curls (I'm thinking of doing something similar, just higher on my head) and if it would make you feel better putting it higher, then tell her, it may be her gift, but it's your wedding day.
Thank you, I do appreciate your honesty. I am having difficulties with the makeup thing, bc the girl that is doing it likes to wear dark eyeshadow and likes to do makeup that way...but I don't normally wear it that dark...I was thinking about pink and playing around with it...it is just tough because I don't want to offend her or be too difficult...but your right it is my day. I will have to talk to her again. Thanks!

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!
Old 07-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #85
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

Lisa - wanting something done a specific way is ok

I am with you on the eye shadow - it would be great for an evening out, but i agree it is a tad heavy on the dark side.

If you don't like how the makeup came out, go to a MAC counter at MACYs and see if they can give you colirs for your eyes. The dark eyes and pink lips and blush are contrasting for me. I like the lip color and the blush color, just not loving the eyes

i really like the hair higher - i agree with you 100%. your stylist should be able to accomodate that easily and make suggestions for what fits YOU best. If she doesn't or can't do what you really want, thank her nicely for the gift and go elsewhere. You don't want to have a lot of I wish I hads when you look at your pics for the next 50 years

you are the bride, it is your day (ok, and a tiny bit dave's too)
Old 07-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #86
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa_ View Post
Lisa - wanting something done a specific way is ok

I am with you on the eye shadow - it would be great for an evening out, but i agree it is a tad heavy on the dark side.

If you don't like how the makeup came out, go to a MAC counter at MACYs and see if they can give you colirs for your eyes. The dark eyes and pink lips and blush are contrasting for me. I like the lip color and the blush color, just not loving the eyes

i really like the hair higher - i agree with you 100%. your stylist should be able to accomodate that easily and make suggestions for what fits YOU best. If she doesn't or can't do what you really want, thank her nicely for the gift and go elsewhere. You don't want to have a lot of I wish I hads when you look at your pics for the next 50 years

you are the bride, it is your day (ok, and a tiny bit dave's too)
Thanks you for the advice, Jody. In fact, I normally use MAC makeup and I need to get a lipstick anyway so I was planning on going this week. My friend doing the hair and makeup actually gets a really good discount at MAC so she said she could get me some makeup if I wanted. So I meeting up with her on Tuesday to get lipstick and I am going to talk to her then and pick out some different eye shadows.

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #87
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

oh good! that is an excellant discount they receive.

I am sure you will find some awesome colors
Old 07-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #88
CDNTech
Mouseketeer

Checking in late... but another vote for the changes you made to your hair and lighter eyes.

I love the higher curls and hair swept off to the side of your face... it looks gorgeous on you and you'll be able to wear your veil under your curls and show them off.

I also agree that a softer pink (with maybe purple accents?) on your eyes would look much better... not a huge fan of the dark eyes. The lips/cheeks look awesome though... love the dewey look of your lips.

Disneyland Feb'07, Oct'07 First Trip Home AKL & BCV Jan/Feb '09, AKV Aug '09
Going back home... AKV Concierge Jan 2010

CDNTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:20 AM   #89
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Lisa-I agree with Pumbaa_ that the eyes and lipcolor seem to contrast each other. I'd also add that I think the larger problem with the eye color is its redness (I know it's not actually RED). It just seems to make your eyes look red instead of highlighting them. There may be a more neutral/cooler color that would work better.

And a trip to MAC a couple times to try on the colors would definitely help firm it up in your mind.

But, I really love the hair!
tiggerrifficheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #90
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys!! I really needed honest opinions bc I liked the eye makeup when I saw it in the mirror at her place, but in pictures it has a totally different effect. I think it will be easier when I meet her at MAC bc I can show her exactly what I want. And I agree....I think the pink/purlpish eyes would look really good....I tried doing some of that myself but couldn't get it to show right...but I just realized I didn't have any coverup or foundation on at the time so it wouldn't have stood out as much. I am going to try some different colors with her there so she can see what it is I want.

Regarding the hair, I am also going to let her know that I want the bangs across (I just feel like that is more me) and that I would like the curls on top so I can show them off with the veil underneath.

Thank you sooooo much again!! You are all a very big help!!

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: