Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which flower colors/options do you like best? (see photos at bottom of page)
Light to Medium pinks with blue hydrangeas 10 45.45%
Light to Dark pinks 2 9.09%
Dark pinks/magentas with some cornflowers & gerbera daises 7 31.82%
No pink - pick another color 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #31
briarbear
Earning My Ears

I love your web page. What a great way to keep friends/family informed. I think your choice on the star boxs was spot on. I would love that as a bridesmaids gift. Your girls are lucky.
briarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #32
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa!
Just getting caught with my DIS reading. Love your plans so far, what great ideas! Your flower choice is beautiful, and I love the star boxes and star necklaces, what a memorable theme....
Anita
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #33
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by briarbear View Post
I love your web page. What a great way to keep friends/family informed. I think your choice on the star boxs was spot on. I would love that as a bridesmaids gift. Your girls are lucky.
Thanks, I fell in love with wedding window when I saw all the options they had to customize things! I was just down right lucky to be able to get those boxes on sale too! It just kinda worked out to m advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Hi Lisa!
Just getting caught with my DIS reading. Love your plans so far, what great ideas! Your flower choice is beautiful, and I love the star boxes and star necklaces, what a memorable theme....
Anita
Thanks I am very excited about our theme - I thought it was Disney but in a subdued way. Unfortunately there is only one other person there that shares our great love for Disney so we decided not to go too over the top. But I think it will be great and magical

---------------

'85-Ramada Inn||'90-Days Inn||'95-POR||'97-Holiday Inn||'99-ASM/AS Sport||
Fall '00-WDWCP||'04-CBR||'05-AKL||'06-POLY/POP||'09-DCL Disneymoon
||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!

Last edited by LeesyUD; 06-24-2009 at 09:47 PM.
LeesyUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #34
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

I love your wedding plans, you're getting so close! I think the last flowers look lovely and your dress is gorgeous!

The boxes are really cute. All your plans look great!
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #35
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Ok so I have some updates this week. Let's start off with the family drama 6 weeks before my wedding.

Let me start by mentioning that my family had the unfortunate experience last year of the death of my aunt Susan (my mother's only sibling) who battled with colon cancer for about 5 years. She was only 50 years old. I have to preface this story by saying that she was a wonderful woman and the nicest person in the world. Unfortunately, her husband (my "uncle") was not. He always bossed her around and then sat on the couch and watched TV when he got home while she cooked, cleaned and took care of the kids. When she passed away he held the funeral on a Friday instead of a Saturday so he could save $300 and get right back to work on Saturday. Well he didn't shed a tear at the funeral, but he did feel sensitive enough to take a whole day off work to "mourn". Oh and did I mentioned that 2 weeks before she died she got in 2 car accidents within a few days and in her poor health he handed her a broom to clean? Also he didn't want to tell his 3 children that their mother was dying so the oldest moved away to Ohio only to be shocked that his mother died not long after.

Fast forward about 7 or 8 months. Uncle Lou gets a girlfriend already in widowed grief group. I am all for moving on, but ugh!

Fast forward a few more months to this past week - it was the one year anniversary of her death last week. And for some reason my cousin her oldest son chose that week to get married - and they did not have a wedding date before my Aunt passed. We thought that was weird but everything just got weirder the day of the wedding. Weird and frustrating stuff that happened:

1. They light a candle and gave cancer bracelets out and made a donation to charity in honor of my aunt - that was very nice.

2. During the ceremony my uncles girlfriend walked down the aisle where it would have been my aunt! (They have only been dating for like 4 months!) After the ceremony she was then gathering the wedding party and the grandmothers for pictures like she was running the show - ugh

3. They had a small wedding of about 50 people and only 6 tables, however it was a long and narrow room. I knew there was going to be drama when I found our table because me & DF, my brother, mother, father and grandmother were all the way in the back of the room at a small table in the corner where we couldn't see anything and were sitting with two of the MOB's friends whom we never met.

That is when the drama really started. My mother was so insulted and upset, I had to take her outside and she was crying more that when my aunt had died probably. She was mainly furious that they put my 80 year old grandmother back there who still lives down the street from my uncle and cooks and cleans for him and my youngest cousin. And of course she was mad for herself because they are my aunt's only family. And finally me and my brother were back there - the only cousins. Meanwhile all my uncles friends and their friends were up front or at least in front of us and his girlfriend was at the table with him up front. I had to keep my mom calm bc she really wanted to go off on someone...but as wrong as it was, we didn't want to ruin their wedding.

Unfortunately, it was hard for any of us to truly have a good time after that. We sucked it up, stayed for a few hours and left (we couldn't see or hear anything anyway). Also my cousin and his now wife stopped by our table for like one minute even though they had been to all the other tables already and their was only 50 people. We didn't see or talk to them the rest of the time. And no one said anything about us being back there. In fact the only person that came up to us was my youngest cousin who kept coming back to hang out with us. My uncle stopped back once and one other person for 2 seconds. No one else bothered to come back and the MOB did not say one word to us or even acknowledge us.

We were so upset because it felt like they were trying to show they cared with the lighting of the candle and the donation, but in the end it seemed all for show because they didn't even put my grandmother at least with them. It was like they forgot about us with the passing of my Aunt. Actually I was so upset that I got physically sick in the middle of the night from all the stress of the day that built up and had to call in sick to work the next day on monday because I was still sick and upset.

The next day my mother called my uncle to see what happened and he said that the seating got messed up - even though he still couldn't explain it after calling the MOB. My mother said some words and expletives that I never thought I would hear come out of her mouth and then she hung up on him.

Now I am concerned about people getting upset at my wedding in 6 weeks. My cousin is on his honeymoon so I don't think he knows how upset my mom is. I mailed all the invitations out this week except for my cousin's and his now wife and my uncle's because we were considering not inviting them after the way my uncle talked to my mother. But the issue is that my youngest cousin of 16 is in my wedding party and we don't want to ruin things for her. Plus Dave and I want to honor my Aunt and do what she would want and invite them. We ultimately want to take the high road and be the better people about it.

I still may call my cousin when he gets back so he knows what happened and perhaps get an answer for my mom on why they were back there to put her at ease a bit more.

Anyway that is my long winded story. I am still upset bc I feel like the memory of my Aunt was tarnished this week and not truly respected.

On a side but related note....Dave and I have decided definitely that we are going to donate to charity instead of favors in honor of my Aunt, probably to give Kids the World since we really like the charity. I was worried about upsetting her husband and kids by doing that but we had considered it for a while and now I just don't care - I am going to make sure that my Aunt is honored in a way that I want and that we keep her memory alive and make sure she is there in spirit.

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!

Last edited by LeesyUD; 06-18-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #36
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to hear about your family. That's awful that they did that on the anniversary of your aunt's death. It sounds like they are all full of themselves and don't care about anyone else. It just sucks. I don't understand why people have to be that way.

I think your plans sound good, hopefully they do not cause any more trouble for you, especially since your cousin is in your wedding. I love that you are doing a donation, that's a great idea and you can honor your aunt, the way she should have been in the first place.

LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #37
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your family. That's awful that they did that on the anniversary of your aunt's death. It sounds like they are all full of themselves and don't care about anyone else. It just sucks. I don't understand why people have to be that way.

I think your plans sound good, hopefully they do not cause any more trouble for you, especially since your cousin is in your wedding. I love that you are doing a donation, that's a great idea and you can honor your aunt, the way she should have been in the first place.

yea it was a yucky situation - they didn't do it on the actual anniversary of her death but they did it like 5 days after - just a weird week to pick

also we had decided early on that rather than toast from champagne glasses, we are toasting from some martini glasses she got us for one of our last Christmases together - they have engagement rings on them - here is the pic i took of them:

Also we put up a dedication page to her on our wedding website a few weeks ago:

http://daveandlisaswedding.weddingwindow.com/indx.cfm

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #38
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesyUD View Post
yea it was a yucky situation - they didn't do it on the actual anniversary of her death but they did it like 5 days after - just a weird week to pick

also we had decided early on that rather than toast from champagne glasses, we are toasting from some martini glasses she got us for one of our last Christmases together - they have engagement rings on them - here is the pic i took of them:

Also we put up a dedication page to her on our wedding website a few weeks ago:

http://daveandlisaswedding.weddingwindow.com/indx.cfm
I love those martini glasses!
Old 06-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #39
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I love those martini glasses!
yea they are really beautiful - I still keep them in their boxes because I am so afraid I will break them or something - after the wedding df and I will do some sort of display for them

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #40
Ann117
DIS Veteran

I am sorry to hear about your family drama. I hope all goes well at your wedding. Also I love the martini glasses they are so cute!!
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #41
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann117 View Post
I am sorry to hear about your family drama. I hope all goes well at your wedding. Also I love the martini glasses they are so cute!!
Thanks - I actually have an update on the family drama. A day or two later my uncle called and profusely apologized to my mother. She said he has never been that nice to her...ever. He said he loves our family and doesn't want to see us hurt...in 28 years my uncle has never said anything like this. Anyway my mother explained why she got so upset and things seem to be ok now. (we still are not fond of him but at least he showed some sort of empathy). We are still kind of bothered that the bride's family hasn't at least tried to apologize considering the fact that my uncle told them how upset my mom was. But oh well. They are family and again I am trying to honor my aunt and act how she would. So time to move on.

However, there is new family drama which is that my grandmother has not been doing well lately. She has had mental problems for as long as I can remember - psychotic depression I believe they diagnosed it as. She has been doing fantastic the last five years though! It seemed like when my aunt got sick she came out of her world she was living in and has been more normal than I think I have seen her in the past 20 years.

Unfortunately, my mother has been getting calls this past week from my grandmother that she is hearing sirens, she is yelling at my mother and calling her 8 times a day at work, forgetting conversations completely, and is calling my uncle the devil (ok so she may have a point with that but she also "heard the devil on the radio" about 10 years ago).

We are hoping she just needs a medication increase and that she is actually still taking her meds. But while we are working on getting her to a doctor I am on pins and needles. It will be hard enough to not have my aunt at my wedding, but my grandmother is my only grand parent left and she was doing so good for so long, that it will be heart breaking if she is not fully "present" at the wedding. I just hope that we can figure it out before anything progresses bc otherwise she could end up having to go to the psychiatric hospital if it gets too bad.

I guess I will just need to wait and see what happens and what we can do to prevent that.

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #42
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Only 5 1/2 weeks to go!!! I am sooo excited!! I have some more updates on the planning, particularly the invitations, a wedding website update, and the "engagement" photo session we did.

I had been contemplating throwing out my invitations because I slowly was hating them. Well, I am definitely getting rid of those because I did my own design as I had previously mentioned and got them printed at a local printer. I think they turned out very nicely and I am soooo much happier with them.

We decided we were definitely going to do just online RSVP and calls for those who do not have internet access (which is maybe like 5% of our guests). We sent the invitations last week on June 16 and invited about 95 people. So far we have had 17 responses (not including us, immediate family and bridal party) and 42 attending (including us, immediate family and bridal party). We seem to be getting pretty good responses so far and people are loving the online RSVP!

Our wedding website overall has been a big hit actually and I absolutely love having it! I decided I wanted something to really make people laugh on the website so I came up with the idea of doing fake FAQ's about me and Dave. Here are what we added to the website (they are cracking people up so far):

--------------------------------
FAQs about Lisa
How did Lisa get to be so awesome?
Sometimes people are born with a natural awesomeness that cannot be explained. In the case of Lisa Bulley, scientists and geniuses all over the world have been baffled for years over the awesomeness that lies within her. While we are no closer to understanding where this ever growing awesomeness comes from, experts say it will continue to be present in Lisa for many, many. many years to come.

Is there anyone more awesome than Lisa?
NO.

Where can I get a Lisa of my very own?
Lisa is one of a kind and is not available for retail. However, public cameos can be arranged for a nominal fee. Contact fiance David Walls for details.

How can I be more like Lisa?
We recommend that you do not try being more like Lisa at home. Feedback and testing have showed that those that try to be more like Lisa fail miserably. This can lead to severe mental health problems and feelings of inadequacy. Should you feel the need to be more like Lisa, call the 1-800-NOT-LISA hotline. Operators are there to assist you.

Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?
Lisa stole the cookie from the cookie jar.

FAQs about Dave

What do I do if I encounter a "Dave"?
If he is sleeping, we recommend you keep your distance. A grumpy Dave can be very dangerous.
If he's mobile, be sure to check his IV of Diet Coke to ensure happiness and proper motivation throughout the day.
Be sure to set all clocks to "D.S.T" (Dave Standard Time), which is the same as regular time, but
always seems to run about 15 minutes late.

How can I learn more about Dave?
To learn more about Dave, go to your public library, and ask the librarian about these classic novels: "The Boy Who Slept Too Much", "Greatest Man Alive", and "Is He STILL Sleeping?".

I want a new pet. Can I take a "Dave" home?

Due to excessive slobbering and need for constant grooming, we do not recommend Dave as a pet.
----------------------------------------

We just love being silly and making people laugh

Also here are pics of the new invitations - not the best pictures ever, but not bad either:

We also had a photo session with DF's best man recently but are still trying to get all the pics from him. Once I do I will share my favorites and my frustration with the photos that I have had

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!

Last edited by LeesyUD; 06-24-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:41 PM   #43
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesyUD View Post
Only 5 1/2 weeks to go!!! I am sooo excited!! I have some more updates on the planning, particularly the invitations, a wedding website update, and the "engagement" photo session we did.

I had been contemplating throwing out my invitations because I slowly was hating them. Well, I am definitely getting rid of those because I did my own design as I had previously mentioned and got them printed at a local printer. I think they turned out very nicely and I am soooo much happier with them.

We decided we were definitely going to do just online RSVP and calls for those who do not have internet access (which is maybe like 5% of our guests). We sent the invitations last week on June 16 and invited about 95 people. So far we have had 17 responses (not including us, immediate family and bridal party) and 42 attending (including us, immediate family and bridal party). We seem to be getting pretty good responses so far and people are loving the online RSVP!

Our wedding website overall has been a big hit actually and I absolutely love having it! I decided I wanted something to really make people laugh on the website so I came up with the idea of doing fake FAQ's about me and Dave. Here are what we added to the website (they are cracking people up so far):

--------------------------------
FAQs about Lisa
How did Lisa get to be so awesome?
Sometimes people are born with a natural awesomeness that cannot be explained. In the case of Lisa Bulley, scientists and geniuses all over the world have been baffled for years over the awesomeness that lies within her. While we are no closer to understanding where this ever growing awesomeness comes from, experts say it will continue to be present in Lisa for many, many. many years to come.

Is there anyone more awesome than Lisa?
NO.

Where can I get a Lisa of my very own?
Lisa is one of a kind and is not available for retail. However, public cameos can be arranged for a nominal fee. Contact fiance David Walls for details.

How can I be more like Lisa?
We recommend that you do not try being more like Lisa at home. Feedback and testing have showed that those that try to be more like Lisa fail miserably. This can lead to severe mental health problems and feelings of inadequacy. Should you feel the need to be more like Lisa, call the 1-800-NOT-LISA hotline. Operators are there to assist you.

Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?
Lisa stole the cookie from the cookie jar.

FAQs about Dave

What do I do if I encounter a "Dave"?
If he is sleeping, we recommend you keep your distance. A grumpy Dave can be very dangerous.
If he's mobile, be sure to check his IV of Diet Coke to ensure happiness and proper motivation throughout the day.
Be sure to set all clocks to "D.S.T" (Dave Standard Time), which is the same as regular time, but
always seems to run about 15 minutes late.

How can I learn more about Dave?
To learn more about Dave, go to your public library, and ask the librarian about these classic novels: "The Boy Who Slept Too Much", "Greatest Man Alive", and "Is He STILL Sleeping?".

I want a new pet. Can I take a "Dave" home?

Due to excessive slobbering and need for constant grooming, we do not recommend Dave as a pet.
----------------------------------------

We just love being silly and making people laugh

Also here are pics of the new invitations - not the best pictures ever, but not bad either:

We also had a photo session with DF's best man recently but are still trying to get all the pics from him. Once I do I will share my favorites and my frustration with the photos that I have had
I wondered who stole that last cookie..........

Love, love, love the invitations!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #44
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

oh lisa!!! im terribly sorry about the loss of your aunt. in no way am i sticking up for your cousin or uncle(who sounds like a complete shrew!) but it is possible they havent even a year later mourned the passing of your aunt susan. im sorry if im sounding like a grief councelor! lol we just went through a molar pregnancy and are going through grief councelling rite now. perhaps in some weird way they chose that day to honour her. i did say weird! lol

your wedding plans look fabulous! and dont worry about meeting online and considering it a dark secret!!! dh and i met online over ten years ago in a chat room, our tenth wedding anny is this october! if people roll thier eyes or go eww tell em to buzz off! lol

i love the idea that yorue going to donate to a charity in susans name vs a favour to each guest. im sure all of your guests will be very very touched!

and i promise the family drama will pass...eventually...seems im always in the middle of family drama as well!

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:45 AM   #45
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca View Post
oh lisa!!! im terribly sorry about the loss of your aunt. in no way am i sticking up for your cousin or uncle(who sounds like a complete shrew!) but it is possible they havent even a year later mourned the passing of your aunt susan. im sorry if im sounding like a grief councelor! lol we just went through a molar pregnancy and are going through grief councelling rite now. perhaps in some weird way they chose that day to honour her. i did say weird! lol

your wedding plans look fabulous! and dont worry about meeting online and considering it a dark secret!!! dh and i met online over ten years ago in a chat room, our tenth wedding anny is this october! if people roll thier eyes or go eww tell em to buzz off! lol

i love the idea that yorue going to donate to a charity in susans name vs a favour to each guest. im sure all of your guests will be very very touched!

and i promise the family drama will pass...eventually...seems im always in the middle of family drama as well!
I wish it was a delayed mourning, but unfortunately, that side of my family for some reason never really had the emotions that most people do. Everything just always seemed to roll off their shoulders too easily. (to a weird degree) On occasions where most people would be sad, they hardly seem affected. (My aunt was actually even like that to a degree - not much really phased her).

My youngest cousin at 15 years old (now 16) has not even yet had any type of reaction at the passing of my aunt and never says she misses her mom or anything. It has never phased her even in the slightest and at that age it should have had at lease some sort of effect. Only one of my cousins had a really bad reaction to her death, but other than that the other two kids and father had no or very little emotion over it.

I do think that they were trying to honor her at the wedding but it was just that if you know my family, there didn't seem to be any emotion behind it. It's hard to explain. But things have worked out and everyone is different so they will handle the passing of my aunt the way they need to. And everything should be fine at the wedding now thank goodness.

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: