Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which flower colors/options do you like best? (see photos at bottom of page)
Light to Medium pinks with blue hydrangeas 10 45.45%
Light to Dark pinks 2 9.09%
Dark pinks/magentas with some cornflowers & gerbera daises 7 31.82%
No pink - pick another color 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #16
Ann117
DIS Veteran

Everything looks beautiful. You are doing a wonderful job getting everything together is such a short time.
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #17
auntpunkin
Mouseketeer

Lisa, I just read through your PJ. I loved that you got teary eyed when you found 'your' dress! Everything looks wonderful so far! I am doing the same colors you are! My bridesmaid are wearing black dresses though. But I know your problems with the blue and pink flowers, I'm having the same issue right now; I don't want a baby shower and there are just no photos out there of what I have in mind. Here are a couple photos I've found that may help...

I'm thinking of doing that last bouquet with dark pink roses instead of the white...

I can't wait to hear more of your plans!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3nkrxpxttc8gktlp.png[/img]

Our Planning Journal!
auntpunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2009, 01:34 PM   #18
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntpunkin View Post
Lisa, I just read through your PJ. I loved that you got teary eyed when you found 'your' dress! Everything looks wonderful so far! I am doing the same colors you are! My bridesmaid are wearing black dresses though. But I know your problems with the blue and pink flowers, I'm having the same issue right now; I don't want a baby shower and there are just no photos out there of what I have in mind. Here are a couple photos I've found that may help...

I'm thinking of doing that last bouquet with dark pink roses instead of the white...

I can't wait to hear more of your plans!
Thanks! Love your PJ! (Glad your son is ok!) I actually just happened to find that first photo the other day too!! Also, I have been considering pink roses with hydrangeas as well. It is such a hard decision. My mother also found this photo which I really like the colors in:

I am so bad with flowers and colors! The good thing is that the florist we are using has a really great reputation in our area and they do tons of weddings! I called to give our deposit yesterday and the guy was so nice! He said they would take really good care of me I feel good that I have a florist that knows what they are doing! I feel confident that they can figure out something that will work to what I want and still look great with all the dresses!

We went to one florist that gave us a price of $200 for just the brides bouquet! That was with some stephanotis and a few jewels - but the rest of the bouquet would have been hydrangea and roses which are definitely not worth an extra $100 - they wanted $800 for the bridal party flowers and the lady was absolutely no help and all of the flowers in their store looked lie they were dying! (Plus we had heard afterwards that a few people got flowers that were dying from them) The florist we are using has a much better reputation and they are only charging us $400 for all the bridal party flowers. Seriously, that is half of what the other place wanted!!!

The florist we are using actually has videos on you tube of their work:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BelvedereFlowers!

Their flowers are so beautiful!!

---------------

'85-Ramada Inn||'90-Days Inn||'95-POR||'97-Holiday Inn||'99-ASM/AS Sport||
Fall '00-WDWCP||'04-CBR||'05-AKL||'06-POLY/POP||'09-DCL Disneymoon
||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!

Last edited by LeesyUD; 05-31-2009 at 01:40 PM.
LeesyUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:57 PM   #19
auntpunkin
Mouseketeer

Oh, that's such a pretty bouquet! I'm so glad you found such a great florist! My Disney florist keeps talking about blue delphinium, that may be an option for you too. I can't wait to see how your flowers turn out, you have to make sure to keep us posted.

Our Planning Journal!
Old 05-31-2009, 04:05 PM   #20
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

OOh Lisa, I like that last bouquet! Those colors are gorgeous!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:07 PM   #21
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Ok so I think I have decided to leave the blue out of the flowers and do all pinks bc I found a bouquet on my florists' website that I absolutely love! The funny part is I looked at it several times but I was so focused on having blue in the flowers I didn't pay much attention. They did these for a small sunday wedding recently. So I think I will have him do this or something just like it:

Here is what the colors look like photoshopped next to the cornflower blue:

And here is a video of the flowers on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjoyP...eature=channel

The only catch is that I may have to leave out the calla lilies if they are going to make the bouquet cost more. But I will be talking with the florist in a few weeks and i can see then if he can do the bouquet like this or if we would need to make modifications to fit my budget.

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:31 PM   #22
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

your flower choice is so beautiful

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:41 PM   #23
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_tink8i8 View Post
your flower choice is so beautiful
Thanks - I loooooove pink!!

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!
Old 05-31-2009, 09:42 PM   #24
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

So as I mentioned before, we have been wanting to get married for a few years now. And pretty much from the get go I had decided I wanted a 'when you wish upon a star theme'. Of course, the crazy planner I am, I started looking into star themed stuff for the wedding almost right away.

I was looking online at things remembered and I saw these beautiful star shaped boxes for about $40 each that would be great as bridesmaids gifts. I kept wanting to get theme but money was tight and we had to postpone our wedding bc of finances. I knew I was not going to be able to ge them so I figured I would just need to find something later on. Well about 7 or 8 months ago I saw that they had new star boxes that were just as beautiful. However at the time I was working as a temp and so we couldn't shell out the $200 bucks for them.

I kept checking back to see if they were still selling them bc I knew I really wanted them. Well about 2 months ago I got hired on full time and got a great pay increase. So I checked back up on the boxes and I was shocked!! They had them on clearance for $10 each!! On top of that, I got a discount shipping code and in the end I paid $45 for 4 of these boxes!! I could not believe it! What luck is that?! I was originally going to have 4 bridesmaids in my wedding but we have made it a much smaller wedding than originally planned and moved the date up so now I just have 2. However, since I have 2 flower girls, I will make those the flower girl gifts as well.

The boxes have some light blue crystals on them (which is perfect since blue is one of my colors) and they come with a little pouch of silver stones that say "Make a wish", "Love", "Hope", "Peace", and "Dreams". (The boxes were sponsored by the Make a Wish Foundation and some of the proceeds from teh purchase of the boxes went to the foundation). The center has a silver star which I will have engraved with their names. Here are the boxes and the stones:

Since I got the boxes so inexpensively, I wanted to get them a nice necklace to go with it. I decided to stop in Macy's one day when I was at the mall with my mother and we found these beautiful star necklaces. They are sterling silver with Cubic Zirconia. They were originally $80 each and I got them for around $30 each! I was going to try to put them in the boxes some how. However, the sales women gave me two really nice black velor boxes to put them in. So I have to decide if I want to try to find something really small to put the necklaces in to put them in the boxes or if I should give the boxes and necklaces separate. If I do them separate I thought I could put the black box in one of those mesh pouches and put some star confetti in with the box and mesh bag. I do like the way they look in the black boxes. I think it shows the necklaces off very nicely.

Here are pictures of the necklaces and how they look in the black box:

Any thoughts on whether I should give the box and necklace separately or try to work them into the boxes some how so everything is together?

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!

Last edited by LeesyUD; 08-17-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #25
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

So a quick update - I decided that I hate my invitations and I should have done my own to begin with. So after much time and money wasted I have created by own design and I am getting prices from a local printer. If all else fails I will print them myself. For some reason the color is coming out aqua in the jpeg file of my invitation but it should be close to cornflower blue. Here is the design I did:

You can't see the edges on the white part but basically the bottom portion will be all white

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!
Old 06-10-2009, 12:58 AM   #26
auntpunkin
Mouseketeer

I love those star boxes!!! I wish I would've caught those on sale! I think I'd give the boxes and necklaces separately if the necklace came with such a nice box.

And your invites are awesome! I've become a big cheerleader for "if you do it yourself, you get exactly what you want!" Everything your doing is coming out so nicely, I can't wait for your wedding!

Our Planning Journal!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #27
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

Just read through your PJ so far. Everything looks great! You are getting married the day after me!!!! It's coming up fast!!! OH, and by the way, we have the same shoes!!!

Can't wait to read more!!!
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #28
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntpunkin View Post
I love those star boxes!!! I wish I would've caught those on sale! I think I'd give the boxes and necklaces separately if the necklace came with such a nice box.

And your invites are awesome! I've become a big cheerleader for "if you do it yourself, you get exactly what you want!" Everything your doing is coming out so nicely, I can't wait for your wedding!
I actually meant to post the deal I got on the wedding boards as a suggestion to other brides, but but I totally forgot bc I was so busy at the time!

I love your invitations by the way! I saw yours and a few others and I was decided to just go for it and make my own, and unfortunately will toss the other ones.

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!
Old 06-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #29
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa,
I love the flowers and the star boxes!!! You're doing a great job with everything!! When Kori gets married, I'll have to get you to help me with her wedding. When Wendi got married, we also threw out the first invitations and reordered new ones that were so much nicer. What a waste of money. But it was worth it to have the invitations that we really wanted. I'll talk to you soon!!
Joan
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept., 2015 AS Sports Aug.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #30
LeesyUD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
Hi Lisa,
I love the flowers and the star boxes!!! You're doing a great job with everything!! When Kori gets married, I'll have to get you to help me with her wedding. When Wendi got married, we also threw out the first invitations and reordered new ones that were so much nicer. What a waste of money. But it was worth it to have the invitations that we really wanted. I'll talk to you soon!!
Joan
thanks - I found a printer in Media who is going to print my invitations for a decent price. I really didn't want to be a waste and through out the first ones but I was soooo unhappy with them I realized. I think they should turn out really nice. I should be getting them on Monday and then I will have to quickly mail them out on Tuesday. But I have envelopes so I can start getting those ready in the meantime.

---------------

||Sept. 2011 - AKL!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: