Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Amanda & Eric 03/03/10- WP/WHP/Sago Cay Centerpiece Ideas!

I am so excited to be able to start a PJ...I won't feel so silly looking at Wedding stuff!!

Our Story

Almost a year ago I had just broken up with a guy who was ALL wrong for me (can we say white washed tapered jeans?) So I decided to go online to some dating sites...just to meet some people, maybe go on a few dates, just get out of the house. I then recieved an email from Eric...something about the way he wrote to me, or looked forward to my emails to him that intrigued me. About a month after we started emailing we had our first date. It was truely love at first sight We had the most romantic first date I have EVER been on!!

Eric and I live about 45 minutes apart and try to see each other between 2 and 3 times a week. We recently decided to move in together (one month and counting!!). I think we have been talking about marriage since a week after our first date .

Here's us...one of my best friends Lauren (JazzyLolo) took this:

I love this one thought...so silly

The Proposal

So like I said, we have been talking about marriage for a while and even went ring shopping about a month ago. HOWEVER...Eric is always telling me that it will happen...someday He mentioned once it would happen this year by Christmas, but it would never be on a day I would expect (holidays or anniversaries).

Sunday night he suprised me by taking me to the spot of our first date, reading me a poem he wrote himself, and getting down on one knee...UBER romantic. It was perfect.

Apparently the PLAN was to propose on our upcoming trip to Disney on our anniversary So much for unexpected. But he said something about Sunday just felt right and he had to do.

Here's my ring

Our Plans

So we haven't decided on much...except it WILL be at Disney. Today I think we agreed on a date 3/9/10 but I still have to call DFTW...and convince my father. He isn't exactly thrilled we are engaged yet and thinks we should wait. I think it has something to do with this being my second marriage.

We are aiming for something small...probably about 40 people. I am excited to have my PJ because I want to keep the planning low key because of my father...for now

Last edited by MainStMandy; 08-10-2009 at 03:55 PM.
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

Awe Amanda you're ring is beautiful!

Glad you started your PJ! Can't wait to hear more.
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Thank you!! My fingers look so chubby in that pic though
Old 04-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
figment fan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Thank you!! My fingers look so chubby in that pic though
Oh no they dont! I think everyone's fingers look a little bit chubby because we're all afraid they'll fall off so we make sure those babies are snug!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #5
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment fan21 View Post
Oh no they dont! I think everyone's fingers look a little bit chubby because we're all afraid they'll fall off so we make sure those babies are snug!
That could be!!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
redlight
DIS Veteran

YAY. Congratulations! I look forward to hearing more.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

You Started... Again your ring is gorgeous and i'm looking forward to reading all about your plans..i'm sure your dad will come around soon.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Yay!! I'm so excited you started your PJ!!! And I just have to tell you again how gorgeous your ring is!!! Can't wait to hear about your plans. Good luck convincing your DF (isn't it awesome to type that btw?) and DD about at DFTW, I know you can do it
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #9
Jazzylolo
"Eating greens is a special treat, It makes long ears and great big feet. But it sure is awful stuff to eat."

Yay I'm still so giddy! I need to stop looking at your ring though because I am starting to not like mine! Yours is so gorgeous and mine is so...not original. Do you think it is ok to change my ring after only a year and a half of marriage lol?

I can't wait for all the planning to truly begin...especially can't wait to see what dress you get. I don't know why but I am anxious to see Just try not to think about your dad, he'll come around Just remember Dory when you get frustrated, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming!" Only replace swimming with planning! Ok...now I think I sound crazy...too much editing!

Jazzylolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:37 AM   #10
figment fan21

I second Jazzy! Being a bride with family issues as well, I LIVE by the Dory philosophy of "just keep swimming". Don't worry about anyone else right now. It's you and your DF's special day and you do what will make the two of you happy!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #11
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
YAY. Congratulations! I look forward to hearing more.
Thank you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
You Started... Again your ring is gorgeous and i'm looking forward to reading all about your plans..i'm sure your dad will come around soon.
YAY!! HI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Yay!! I'm so excited you started your PJ!!! And I just have to tell you again how gorgeous your ring is!!! Can't wait to hear about your plans. Good luck convincing your DF (isn't it awesome to type that btw?) and DD about at DFTW, I know you can do it
Thanks...I am so excited to start planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzylolo View Post
Yay I'm still so giddy! I need to stop looking at your ring though because I am starting to not like mine! Yours is so gorgeous and mine is so...not original. Do you think it is ok to change my ring after only a year and a half of marriage lol?

I can't wait for all the planning to truly begin...especially can't wait to see what dress you get. I don't know why but I am anxious to see Just try not to think about your dad, he'll come around Just remember Dory when you get frustrated, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming!" Only replace swimming with planning! Ok...now I think I sound crazy...too much editing!
Lol OMG Lauren I love you. I feel like I have so long until the wedding that there isn't much to do. If I get bored later I will post some VERY early ideas I have...including a dress I fell in love with!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment fan21 View Post
I second Jazzy! Being a bride with family issues as well, I LIVE by the Dory philosophy of "just keep swimming". Don't worry about anyone else right now. It's you and your DF's special day and you do what will make the two of you happy!
Thank you Between you and Lauren you made me cry...aparently I am an over emotional bride all of a sudden!! I am just going to keep the wedding talk to a minimum around my dad. I guess he has it in his head I just want to get married because I am turning 30 this year So not true though...
Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #12
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzylolo View Post

Lol and yes I think Pat would kill you for picking out another ring already!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #13
Jazzylolo
"Eating greens is a special treat, It makes long ears and great big feet. But it sure is awful stuff to eat."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Lol and yes I think Pat would kill you for picking out another ring already!
Fine...I give it a few months

As for putting up some general ideas. Definitely do! I made a lot of my decisions (i.e. wedding ring!!) without really thinking about what I really wanted and I ended up with photography I hated, bridesmaid dresses that looked like bags on my girls, wedding songs I didn't want. Now you just have plenty of time to put as much thought into everything!

Sorry if I made you cry...didn't mean to!

Jazzylolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #14
Caribbeanprincess
Princess of the Caribbean Seas

Yay Mandy! I'm so exicted! I can't wait to see all the progress of planning a Disney wedding, that way I have a sort of guy for my future wedding.
Have fun!

*subscribes*

Me 25 ~[SIZE="1"][COLOR="lime"]Trips: April 1996 - Offsite ~ July 1998 - Offsite ~ April 2006 - Offsite ~ December 2007 - Offsite ~ December 2008 -Disney's BoardWalk Inn ~ June 2009 - Disney's AllStar Music ~ December/January 2010-2011 - Disney's AllStar Movies ~ December 2011 - Pop Century ~ December 2012 - Pop Century
Caribbeanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #15
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Congrats!! So glad you found a guy who doesn't wear white washed tapered jeans! Can't wait to read more!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: