Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #76
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

I'm Back---Artist Point #1

I have missed you all and hope that you missed me. It has been crazy here with my apartment renovation and without my laptop I am with out my mind. Hope you all had a happy 4th of July and I want to also extend our sympathy for the tragic monorail accident...our thoughts and prays go to Austin's family.

We left off with dinner at Artist Point. This was wonderful and for anyone thinking to try this I highly recommend it. Our server Jim was one of the best if not the best of the trip and his passion for the food shined. We were very lucky to be there during the very start of the 2 week salmon season that makes this restaurant so proud with its signature dish. It was not very busy and for that the atmosphere was very romantic...i really think that this is the hidden gem of the signature restaurants on property. We had an early dinner because we were seeing the 9pm Cirque du Solei later that night, so that also my have had something to do with the fact that it was not overly busy.

We had a window seat and kept hoping to see the geyser go off but something was wrong with it and we never saw it. The view was perfect though so it really didn't matter.

We discussed the menu and Jim had overheard that I was planning to share the mushroom soup with DH and that I would try his app as it had an ingredient that I was very hesitant about trying...venison
When the apps came out the soup was split already into smaller bowls so that we could infact share with ease. WOW doesn't even begin so tell you all how delicious and complex this soup was...I will be going back just for this alone. The Venison pot sticker were surprising and Jim was 100% right...the pork added to it made them so great and not gamey at all. They had such a unique flavor that we were fighting over them. Now would I have an actual piece of venison.... I don't know as I can't seem to forget about want it is and Bambi keeps flashing in my eyes...so we shall see.

Up next I am happy to report that the bison/buffalo steak is back and the short ribs are gone!!!!!!!! And fear not I will not be absent anymore
Tinkfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 AM   #77
Cookie Princess
My vote would be chocolate lava cake with ice cream from CA Grill
I am most certainly going to be sampling those liquid treats

I wanna hear more....YUMMY so far!! Great job!
Cookie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2009, 07:23 AM   #78
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Great reviews and I love your hats!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #79
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

Artist Point sounds great so far! I'm with you on eating Bambi. I just can't get that sweet little face out of my mind when I see venison on a menu.

I'm looking forward to more of your reviews

butiflfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #80
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

Artist Point #2

As I mentioned before the salmon season is only 2-3 weeks a year and after talking to Jim I guess it is a big deal at Artist Point. People make their reservations here around the season so that they can have the cedar salmon in season and of course that is what DH got. The presentation was awesome...they really bringing it to the table on a cedar plank and if you ask they will give you the piece to take home (we did...they also gave us a piece that we can use ourselves that hasn't been used yet) DH said the dish was melt in your mouth perfection.

Before we left I had watched the menus and was worried because the dish I wanted...the buffalo steak...had been changed to short ribs Well I am happy to report that when we got there the first thing I noticed was that the new and improved version of the buffalo strip is back!!!!!!!!
This dish was so yummy...it was a nice size steak that was served on goat cheese polenta, ancho-cherry compote, baby golden beets asparagus and a dark chocolate red whine reduction

I have never had polenta before and was worried but Jim said that this made the dish so I stuck with it.....I am a major polenta fan now and must say that I will always compare polenta to this dish. The sauce was amazing with the cherry up front and the chocolate in the back to finish the flavor of the dish, very subtle. My only complaint was that of my own fault...I should have said medium rare not medium because after it sat it was almost too done....buffalo should be pink but I don't like rare/bloody so in a restaurant I always say medium and have good results...in the future I will know for this location and this is a hint for those out there that like this type of meat.
We both finished with the signature dish for dessert the berry cobbler...this was light and fresh and everything you think when you think summer I was scrapping my plate

We were also given champagne and our menu had printed on it
"Artist Point Wishes "Mr. and Mrs. _____ A Magical Honeymoon!" as a keepsake
Jim also gave us some recipes one including the Portobello soup so if anyone wants me to share let me know....I also have the recipe for the cobbler.
As an added bonus as we were complementing Jim to the manager we got to meet the head chef Alfonso whom I raved to up and down for our meal...he gave us his card and told us to let him know when we came back in town. He also said that not only the disboard family was upset about the short ribs on the menu...he was very upset that the change happened from above because of manufacturing and $$$$$ he is happy to report that this was one case where Disney Gods listened and the striploin is here to stay and he is pleased with how he improved upon it.

Next is Hollywood Studios with Breakfast at H&V

Last edited by Tinkfan10; 07-12-2009 at 08:28 PM. Reason: pic
Old 07-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #81
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

On Saturday the 6th of June we went to Hollywood Studios for Star Wars. If anyone wants info just ask away. For this reason I wanted a 8:00am ADR for H&V to get ahead of the crowds. Great idea as after breakfast we divided and conquered to allow for both getting in line for Chewy and Fast Passes for Toy Story Mania. The characters are cute, but we had no idea who they were They do a dance and they are very attentive to everyone even adults. We were even given a Celebrate card for our Honeymoon that they had all signed. The variety was okay...as far as breakfast buffets went this was our least favorite, but that saying we were still happy with it, just compared to the others it was just okay.

I liked the breakfast fajitas the best...it was all hot and clean so no worries there.

When we were finished we were able to get photopass pics done before the gates opened b/c he was just getting ready for the crowds..YAY

We had popcorn for a snack during the starwars parade and Lunch was at Sci-Fi. This is a really fun place to eat with great milkshakes but in the future we are just going to grab a quick service...the sandwiches at Staring Rolls looked great and that is what I wished we had done.
Both the BLT soup and Spinach Dip were good

We didn't take pics of the milkshakes i got vanilla and DH got Cookies and Cream so very good.
The burger was just okay and DH was not a huge fan of the ribs again they were just okay...I want to again say that the meal was not bad at all, it was hot, on time, and good but compared to the other areas we had eaten at and would eat at it just didn't measure up.

with the milkshakes and the rich app and entree we both chose fruit for dessert...it was at this point in the trip that we were really feeling the deluxe pains....we just didn't want 3 courses all the time so found ways around it.

I only ate half my burger and half my fruit...this day was bad for me looking back were food was concerned as it was hot and my visitor was honing in on the honeymoon tripso again my opinion this day was effected.
Next dinner at Spoodles
Old 07-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #82
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update...my husband would love that salmon...

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #83
SheenaXena21
DIS Veteran

I had the buffalo steak at the Concourse Steakhouse when it was still open. It was one of the best pieces of meat I've had. That place was good, I don't know why they changed it...

Congrats!!!! (on your marriage)

SheenaXena21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #84
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

Spoodles RIP

As excited as I am about Cat Cora coming to disney I am sorry to see Spoodles go. I had never eaten there so before it left I wanted to experience it. We picked a bad day to go as it was an 8 pm ADR after our Star Wars day...it was hot...we were tired...and I was fighting hellish womanly issues. We got there and sat down and to be truthful I could have laid down and fallen asleep. DH got the mussels as the app and loved them....these are meant to be split I am convinced but I do eat any seafood if you all recall so he was on his own....he LOVED them. I had the traditional greek salad and it was refreshing and wonderful.

The main course was not a hit with DH for two reasons...the mussels had filled him up and he had never had a shank before other then a turkey leg...the lamb shank was not something he liked and he ate a couple bites and was done.
I had the pork and loved it with the gnocci but only ate half as my appetite was none existent...i wish i had been feeling better because this was so good and i know i would have enjoyed it more on another night.

This was another night that the Deluxe plan hit us hard and was were not wanting dessert...nothing looked good and we had no taste for it but tried something light and simple...DH had icecream and I had the Panna Cotta really good and airy but again only a few bites and I was ready to go...all I wanted to do was go back to the room and go to bed.

Next is the best of the review Victoria and Alberts Chef's table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #85
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

The Chef's Table at Victoria and Alberts

The best part of the dining review is about to begin. We were so lucky to get the Chef's Table on the first phone call try for Sunday June 7th. The night was a true master piece in food and I hope the pics give it justice. A warning though as there are so many this will be a multi post event. Up front let me say that Chef Hummel was not there that night but we enjoyed our time with Chef Aime (not sure of the spelling). Again I eat no seafood and i asked that the intestinal products be left out...as for DH he allowed no restrictions. I was really hoping for elk and quail as i had seen them in previous reviews but found out that they are more of a winter item, so all the more reason to go back soon. Stay tooned and if there are any questions don't hesitate.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #86
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

ohhhhh your chefs table meal sounds right up my alley! no seafood and intestine stuff can't wait to hear about it....i've been wondering what they do with those restrictions
disneygirlinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #87
luckytobeme88
Proud mom of soon-to-be MIT Freshman!! Don't stop short at your limit! Your limit is where you stop trying. Application fee $70. Getting accepted $Priceless

How did I miss your wonderful review all these time? Looking forward to reading your V & A report and more..
luckytobeme88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #88
MarieA
DIS Veteran

Loving your reviews!! Can't wait to see V & A Chef's Table.

5/2010 HHI, BLT, 5/2011 - BCV, 5/2012 - BCV, 11/2012 - BCV, 5/2013 - BCV, 5/2014 - BCV

MarieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #89
stace1214
Mouseketeer

I love your reviews!!! I can't wait to read about V & A's- one place I really, really want to go!!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #90
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

Inside the Chef's Table

When dining at V & A it is important to understand that you are not there simply for the food...it is a journey of the senses and the atmosphere has everything to do with adding to that experience. When I started researching this location I always was thirsty for pictures of what is looks like inside beyond the food. This is the most elegant restaurant I have ever been in and the most exquisite dining adventure of my life. For anyone that questions if the Chef's Table is romantic for just 2 people the answer is 100% yes. When you first walk in it is just wow then in the very back is this wonderful little nook just for you. On the table DH had the rose and bracelet from Disney Florist on the table waiting. This made me cry it was so touching and wonderful. We were given champagne and water and we then waited for the chef to come over. So first let me show you all what we saw...I will show the pics of the dining room later. We began at 5:30 and didn't end till almost 10...so get ready for the magic
Doors to the restaurant

Desert is in a separate location with a window to the main kitchen...I would love to be locked in there

Table

Seating

Other side

My gift

The bucket and bench for my purse

what we saw....the action....everyone had a job it was like an amazing dance choreographed and without chaos

the egg man...all he did was cut the tops off the eggs and clean them so that they could use the shell as one of the amuse

Stay tuned for the food

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: