Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2009, 11:49 PM   #61
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

everything looks amazing!!! i never thought to eat at flying fish due to my aversion to seafood too but WOW!
disneygirlinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #62
flame_chick
Earning My Ears

great reviews, I am glad I found this section!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2009, 03:28 AM   #63
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Loving the review thanks!!!

We were coming to the end of our 6 week vacation when you were there. You missed all the rain!!

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:34 AM   #64
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

I've been a FF fan for a long time, just LOVE the place! You surely got the royal treatment, congrats!!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #65
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Man oh man, I cannot wait to eat at Flying Fish! I am not a fish/seafood eater either but am starting to try some things. That crabcake looked wonderful! May have to have DH order it so I can try a few bites!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #66
ozziewags
I'm a believer!!
I Love Disney!
Tag Fairies know all, see all and TELL all, so watch what you say!! ;)

We have never eaten here, but have an ADR for next week. I am really looking forward to it! Thanks for the reviews and pictures! Awesome.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #67
Ms. Heimlich
I'm a beautiful butterfly, too!

Flying Fish!

We also LOVED the FF when we went there.

So glad you liked it as well.

I also LOVE your hats. They are tooo cute!

Keep up the reviews - they are GREAT!

Thanks for posting.
Ms. Heimlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:39 PM   #68
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

Norway Breakfast

To anyone out there trying to pick a good princess interaction for your family this is the place. Try to grab the 8am ADR as going through EPCOT empty was the neatest thing ever. Belle in her yellow dress was at the door and we got all the true princesses...Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. I was so happy that we got Ariel as it seemed like Mulan had replaced her for a while.

The food was very good as well there was a large variety of fruit and some pastries also for the salmon lovers there is a cold lock bar DH in his new found love for salmon was in heaven of this. The plate was yummy with eggs (asked them to cook them dry for me and they did) amazing potatoes and bacon/sausage. It could be refilled but as we had lunch plans for Le Celliar we only ate on portion. Best part was that we saw all princesses, ate and got out just before 9 with time to get to walk on Test Track and Mission Space.

Tinkfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #69
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

Lunch Le Celliar

This meal was everything every one here said it would be. It was a very hot day in Epcot and you could tell that rain was coming that day by lunch time. We had a 12:45 ADR which was perfect because it was far enough away from breakfast that we were hungry. our server Megan was good...not the best of the trip but attentive and helpful. We stayed with the popular choices and many of you have seen them but another view sometimes is good.
Inside was very romantic and we were seated in a little quiet corner which was very nice. This was taken from the table

DH was very excited to learn that he could have a fruit smoothie as his drink so he got the mango one and loved it. The bread was too die for but I only ate a small piece as i wanted to enjoy my meal without getting too full

We both got the Cheddar soup and OMG GOOD I would have been happier with a cup to save more room as the soup is filling but the bowl come with the Deluxe plan so hey. what is a few more calories on the honeymoon.

I had the mushroom filet (medium) and DH had the strip same way but with a side of mushrooms. WARNING if you get a side at this restaurant be prepared to split them with the table HUGE serving size and needless to say we left most of the mushrooms behind. My filet was one of the best steaks I have ever had and the risotto was fabulous, anyone who subs this for potatoes is crazy DH loved his as well and said the mushrooms were so flavorful he hated to waste them.

Dessert was a highlight...the moose was perfect not sweet but more of real french style chocolate moose that is semi sweet and the perfect ending to a rich meal. Had it been rich I could not have been able to eat it, and the maple cookie antlers were different and something I would love to snack on all the time...recipe anyone?
DH had the chocolate cake and this was rich...he ate half and was done but after a thick fruit smoothie, thick soup, large portion of mushrooms, a large steak and bread the tummy was full which is funny b/c he seems to be a bottemless pit

Would we go back YES YES YES Well worth the hipe and even if not on the dining plan I would go to pay out of pocket for it well worth every penny and I hope next trip I get as lucky to get an ADR for either lunch or dinner.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:22 AM   #70
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Great reviews.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:41 AM   #71
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

mmmm i love that cheddar soup!
disneygirlinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #72
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

French snacks and Biergarten

After lunch we spent the rest of the day in the World Showcase. First stop was the Grey Goose Slush....my fav drink of the trip and something I have got to learn how to make...wowso good and refreshing in the heat. DH got a new one they were trying it was pink and I have no idea what was in it but he loved it....I tasted it and yes it was good but mine was better

During an afternoon rain I went into the Bakery in France and got a Napoleon very good and just like the ones i used to get in France when I was there. I took pics of the cases but so have others so if you want to see them let me know.

Forgot to add the COKE tasting from earlier in the day...Beverly lived up to its ick factor and DH loved my face. I really enjoyed the one from Israel though it was like a combo of 7Up and Mountain Dew

I would have loved to have had more snacks around the world and I really wanted the Peach Snapps tea thing in China but time and tummy room didn't all...that was the one issue with Deluxe the meals were fine but snacking in between was not possible which hurt me a couple times. Dinner was at Biergarten which DH wanted to try. We had a 7:30 ADR as late as I would dare because of finding a seat for ILLUMINATIONS. Not bad but just eh DH lived in Germany for a bit in the ARMY so he wanted this dinner even though I don't really care for any sausage or German food. I got a bit of everything to try and eat about half....pork was okay kinda dry, schnizal was dry, like the cucumber salad and interesting I have never had red cabbage and I liked that. They also had a German type pot roast meat that was good.

I found inside way too loud and annoying with the entertainment...just not my thing...I am more the Chefs de France or Tutto Italiano person but hey. It did look neat inside, very good theming

Dessert was not that great either and I am a sweet person took bites of each and then left the rest so I could tell you that no dessert stood out, the strudel a big fan item for me was just okay and nothing better then Sarah Lee, pudding was pudding, Bavarian cheesecake was weird, and rhubarb thing was way too tart.

Would we go back no, are we glad we ate here yes, it was still an okay meal and like I said nothing was bad it just wasn't my tastes and DH agreed that it was fun but next time he would like to do something different. If you plan to go here please still do because everyone has different likes and dislikes. Service was good and eating with others was fun but again too loud to talk to anyone so it didn't matter.
Typhoon Lagoon and Artist Point are next so stay tuned

Last edited by Tinkfan10; 07-11-2009 at 06:29 PM. Reason: pic
Old 06-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #73
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

Love your Flying Fish review, we are going on our upcoming trip, and now I am looking forward to it even more .
Old 06-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #74
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

Typhoon Lagoon

No pics sorry....Breakfast was in the POFQ food court very good, no trouble and I must say I hate sausage or anything in a casing but I could have eaten a whole plate of the little things on the bounty platter...yummy. Must be Disney Magic We got fruit a lot with snack credits which was nice when it came to breakfast. After seeing other's reviews I wish I had gotten one of the cinnamon rolls what was I thinking?

Lunch at TL was really good DH got a cheeseburger nothing really to write home about but I got the pulled pork sandwich and boy was that good very flavorful and fresh. We had mickey bars for dessert as well. Eating at the water park was total surfs up dude here

Up next is the second best meal of the trip Artist Point sorry these are taking so long, but I came home from the Honeymoon to find black mold in my shower at my apartment resulting in a new tub/shower that has now resulted in new walls and the painter made a mess of everything and now I am getting new floors seriously I didn't want a renovations and I am happy for an upgrade but seriously if you can't do something right then why bother all this and tomorrow is one month since the wedding so much for celebrating
Old 06-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #75
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

Loving your reviews!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: