Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #151
lindsey clare
Mouseketeer

what a great thread. Tinkfan10, my DH and i read through every page last night while we ate our dinner You've got some great photos and even better reviews! i adore reading about the Chef's Table - it really does look like a wonderful experience.

April 1988: Disneyland
December 1988: Disneyland
May 2008: Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea - trip report here

November-December 2010: Walt Disney World
lindsey clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #152
Jennyfer
Earning My Ears

I thoroughly enjoyed your reviews! Sounds like you had a wonderful honeymoon!
Jennyfer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #153
wezee
Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams about Mickey Mouse?

Oh my, your review of Jiko sounded exactly like our experience in Sept. 2008. I thought our servers name was Oscar, but maybe it was Omar, because we were treated exactly the same way. And our impression of their mac and filet matched yours exactly. We were so disgusted with our server, that we did not order dessert because I couldn't bear the thought of adding to our total bill...thus adding to his tip.

Next Magical Moment: Sept. 2013
March 1995 Off site, Feb 2000 POFQ, March 2006 POFQ (25th Anniv.)March 2007 POFQ, Oct. 2007 POFQ, Sept. 2008 POFQ, Oct. 2009 POFQ, March 2010 POFQ,Sept 2010 POFQ, Feb 2011 POFQ, Oct. 2011 POFQ (30th Anniv.)., POFQ Sept 2012,
wezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:49 AM   #154
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

wonderful reviews and photos....some how our photos made me drool......Thanks for taking the time to do this for all of us

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #155
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

lovely reviews

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #156
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

Final thoughts...Long

WOW sorry I have been away so long. I can't tell you how excited I am that people are still reading my review. I have been such a DISBOARD fan its like a family

Important things I learned in being here for a while and in posting a review:

Remember that just because one person doesn't like a restaurant or has a bad experience doesn't mean you should write it off or change your plans. Magic may happen for you

If you are celebrating something at Disney especially with their current theme let them know and make a big deal about it. We never went in to any location expecting but when it happened it was wonderful and made it that much more memorable. Pixie Dust is not always a given and doesn't happen everywhere but I think our hats helped us many times... everyone that saw us knew we had just gotten married and many even thought we had gotten married on property.

Be careful if you show the magic to someone that has never been exposed to it....I fear I have created a Disney Monster in my husband....he already is making lists of the must do's for next time starting with PUSH and DEVINE (both were missed this trip, while we tried to find them). In all my years I don't think I have visited as many characters as I did this trip because DH had to meet them all and is still bummed that he missed Chip and Dale

Food that DIS helped me find that I highly recommend:
Funny they are all snack credits

The Cookie Sandwich at Mainstreet Bakery...OMG that thing was out of this world....a must and I think a start of a tradition during spectromagic.

DOLE WHIP...this I already talked DH's ear off and its funny that just the other day he said "you know what sounds good right now...Dole whip"
Remember found in two locations: Adventureland and Poly in their food court.

Mickey Cake from Boardwalk Bakery....one of the best uses of a snack credit and so good that I went back on our last day for another one Yes you can share them but after one bite you won't want to.

Zebra Domes from AKL: you can get them at BOMA's Dinner or as we did at MARA in their take out. Indescribable Yummy little bites of heaven.

Grey Goose Lemon Slush in France----hot summer day and this drink I will dream of these until next time...warning...not on meal plan

Now for our favorites and the places we are putting on our list for next time:

Favorite Breakfasts (TS): BOMA and Crystal Palace with Norway as a runner up....there is no rule that says the grown ups can't eat with the Characters
Lunch/Dinner (TS): Artist Point, Flying Fish, Le Celliar, and Cindy's Royal Table
QS: Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich

Over rated-(won't be going back)-Kona, Jiko, and Biergarten

Deluxe Plan: This is ALOT ALOT ALOT of food and I know unless you have experienced it you may not think it is (that was us) but really it is a lot of food You are eating all the time and snacking is more an after thought. Snacks that made a difference were the juice bars and frozen lemonade/cokes to keep you cool without being heavy with dairy or more food. In the future we plan to stay with the regular Dining Plan and pay for a meal or two out of pocket and to pay for any snacks we may want in addition to the one we would get...which I think will be plenty.

Places we want to try:
More QS (especially if we do the regular plan) like Sunshine Seasons and some of the QS in World Showcase and MK

Instead of eating at HS go to Beach Club or Boardwalk....lunch at Beaches & Cream would be nice to get away from the park
However, in HS I really want to try Starring Rolls especially after reading more reviews here.

Return to at a different time: Tusker House and Boma we did breakfast but I really would like to go back to Boma for dinner.

New Fireworks location: We loved California Grill but compared to Artist Point and Flying Fish it didn't carry over...we would love to return but next time we want to try Narcoossees for a different view of Wishes (or the new show)...this will also allow DH to have a seafood location again to try.

Out of this world experience: VICTORIA and ALBERTS this will be a must do on major anniversaries and we plan to try for the dining room then after time I would love to do the chef's table again....this dinner was the best experience and a memory that will always stay with us.
It will be interesting to see the new changes in the MK as they start to redo Fantasy Land...there are alot of new places that sound like they may be good new dining options to try.

I will continue to follow the Dis to see what stands out...for example....MICKEYNICKI after your review how could I have missed the cinnamon rolls at POFQ so want one of those.
Also...a major dream would be to go the Food and Wine Festival...that looks like it is right up our alley.

Okay...this is alot to read so sorry it was long...I wanted to be complete...again if there are any questions about where we ate ask away and good eating to all of you.
Tinkfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #157
kiwicassie
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the awesome reviews! (Bonus points for the zebra domes pic, now I'm hungry!)

50+ trips so far to the World

WDWCP 2003
kiwicassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #158
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your Disneymoon
I read and enjoyed every word

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: