Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #136
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

Ohhh..I hate when bad service ruins a dining experience!

I still remember our horrible server named Angela at the Kona cafe many years ago. We still haven't been back and it was always our very favorite place to eat.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:28 PM   #137
Shenanigoat
I shall call him squishy. And he shall be mine. And he shall be my squishy.

Service is one of the main key ingrediants to a good meal, it can make crappy food seem better and good food seem terrible. That's horrible that you had that experiance. When I go to Jiko I'll be looking out to make sure I don't get your server.
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #138
thejman
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear about your bad experience at Jiko It is true a bad server can spoil your dining experience. Enjoying your reviews.
thejman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #139
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

I finished my paper at about 3am

Yes, France for a year had a huge impact on me. Next time I go back I have to combine my obsessions and go to Disneyland Paris!
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #140
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
I finished my paper at about 3am

Yes, France for a year had a huge impact on me. Next time I go back I have to combine my obsessions and go to Disneyland Paris!
Funny I have said the same thing...there wasn't time when I was there to go to DLP and boy do i want to go.
Tinkfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #141
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

Boma, Wolfgang Puck and Goofy's

After our experience at Jiko we were a little worried about Boma, but didn't want the one experience to cloud the other. To all out there that have suggested Boma for breakfast Thank you so much. This meal made up for all of Jiko and we look so forward to returning for dinner to sample all the exotica food Boma has to offer. This breakfast is both familiar and unique which makes it a good comfort zone for those that are a tad picky.

Again a major draw for me here was the omlette station so that I could decide my eggs. Two things here were the yummy tomatoes and the curry biscuits and gravy. WOW!!! I have no idea what they were and maybe one of you who was smart enough to take pics of the actual buffet know better then I do. I had seconds of both.

Here is the quinoa (spelling??) like oatmeal but didn't like it and the brioche french toast yummy

pastry and fruit.
I definitely recommend this meal and can't wait to go back!!!!
We went to Sea World that day spent about 30 for all food and snacks and the pic i took i accidentally deleted sorry
That night we decided to head over for dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express...this was the only unplanned meal of the trip and boy am I glad we decided to eat dinner with a meal credit rather then do dinner at Sea World. We have a WGP Express here in Columbus Ohio but one dish they don't have is the quesadilla YUMMY!!!!! THis is a true gem for the dining plan and a great value as it counts as only a QS....this is a must.

We also went over to Goofy's to get make your own snacks
I got the marshmallow in chocolate with sprinkles and this was sugar on sugar on sugar and took me days to finish.

DH got the rice crispy that I understand they don't do anymore and he finished his in the airport two days later see there was not room for snacks.

And pics of the shop

This store is great to use snack credits but be warned they have a really small selection of what qualifies as a snack and it was frustrating...a fav were the premade rice crispies, the chip and dale pretzels, and the mickey animal crackers.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #142
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

thanks for the update, we love Boma Breakfast buffet...I think its my husband favorite breakfast.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #143
jeminni
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

I want that quesadilla. 10 more days....
Old 09-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #144
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

POFQ Breakfast and California Grill

We ate here several times but this was the only day I ever remembered the camera...Sorry I missed the beignet picture but they were yummy and just like everyone raves about. MickeyNickie after reading your review I am sorry I missed the cinnamon rolls here, that is a must for next time. The breakfast was always very good...loved the sausage. It was a great value to use a snack credit to get a bowl of fruit to share.

After breakfast we went to DTD and went up in the balloon and then had an out of pocket snack

That night was our last dinner and I picked California Grill so we could see the fireworks over the MK.
We had a window seat that was so perfect....we didn't have to even go out to the deck because the view was great and we got to hear the music piped in. We also watched the water pageant from there which was a delight that I had hoped for.
Service was good and relaxing...we made it known we didn't want to rush.
My app. was the sonoma goat cheese ravioli

This was one of my favorites of the trip it was lite and filled with flavor. The sauce was so good with the bread.
DH had the Lobster risotto which he raved about

For our main course I had the Lamb chops and wow was this good...it even had a veggie in it that i had never seen before which was new and fun.

DH had the Filet and he said it was good very tender and flavorfull.

One dish I would like to try next time is their famous pork tenderloin with polenta.
For dessert I got the Trio of temptation and this was the most refreshing and tasty dessert I think of the trip for me. I loved that it wasn't heavy.
It was cheesecake with pistachio cookie and chocolate banana sauce, white chocolate mousse with passion fruit puree and then California strawberries with mojito sabayon

DH got the the chocolate cake with ice cream so very him

This dinner was fabulous and the perfect way to end the magic...I would like to try Narcossas next time I think during the Fireworks for a new restaurant and to give DH more seafood options.

Next is the conclusion with Kona and Earl of Sandwich.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #145
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

Last day in Disney

YAY!!!!! We have finally made it through 11 days of Disney Deluxe Dining. I had read so much about Kona so we thought it would be nice to go their for our last breakfast. The meal was good but I don't know if we would make a special trip over there and their are other places I would like to try, so good but not memorable. I got the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes with ham and this was very yummy but way way way too much. I only made it through about half before throwing in the towel, I recommend splitting this.

I also got the French Press Kona Coffee which I thought I would have to pay out of pocket for, but they allowed as part of the meal plan The juice also was very good and tropical

DH got the Steak and Eggs a usual for him but hey...he liked it enough said.

After breakfast we walked around a bit and before leaving made a trip down to Capt. Cooks for one last Dole Whip before leaving
:ya y:
We had saved snack credits to do this and then went and sat by the pool, which wasn't open yet so don't worry we weren't pool hopping.
Poly has a beautiful pool and beach area and I feel that it would the one deluxe that I would like to stay at in the future.

We returned to POFQ to pack up everything and because we had an evening flight we went to Earl of Sandwich for a late lunch. WOW this place was supper yummy and a must for any trip. Great use of QS. I also had the EarlGray Lemonade and that needs to be bottled and sold everywhere.

Mine was The Original 1762 - fresh roasted beef, cheddar and creamy horseradish sauce and now I can't remember what DH got but I think it was the club. THis is a return to in the future.

Enjoy and I will be back for a recap discussion of all the places to sum up and talk about the meal plan.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #146
cait131
Earning My Ears

Your review was really fun to read and it sounds like you two had an awesome honeymoon! We ate at California Grill and watched fireworks on the last trip and ordered many of the same things you did.. we loved it all too! Your review of V & A was really thorough and makes me want to go there even more... someday!

May 23 - 28 Disneyland & Exploring California
cait131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #147
dd50
DIS Veteran

I love EoS and is a must if on a food plan or not.
dd50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #148
plutosgirl
DIS Veteran

Great reviews!! Thanks!

AS Movies December 2009
POR FQ October 2008
POP October 2006
CBR May 2004
Contemporary November '70's

plutosgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #149
gellybean
DIS Veteran

Just read your review, start-to-finish and loved all your info. The Victoria and Albert's Chef table is a dream of DH's but I've always been too chicken to try it, as I have some definite dislikes of certain foods. Glad to know they were so accomodating and that you still enjoyed your experience, discerning tastes and all!!

I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy Jiko!! We loved it during our trip last January. We lucked out and got Shellie, a server that has a fabulous reputation here on the Dis and she was AWESOME! It was by far the best meal of our trip. BUT I understand totally how you feel about putting a less than favorable review up of a Disboard popular restaurant. We ate at Narcoosee's and just didn't get what the big deal was. Maybe we ordered the wrong thing, maybe it was our server, maybe it was because we were so impressed with Jiko the night before that there was no way for it to live up to our expectations. I'm glad you shared your experience! Good or bad, Disers wanna know

I hope you are enjoying your newlywed year!! Time flies !

Thanks again for all the great reviews!!!

Read all about our special needs, miracle daughter Violet @ http://youjustmightfindyougetwhatyouneed.blogspot.com/

September 2012 PTR - I actually just squealed with excitement!! We are going back! Baby girl's 1st trip!! Nemo Suite at AoA
gellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #150
LMO429
DIS Veteran

just got done reading all your dinig reviews! you did a fabulous job!!!!!

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: