Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #91
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I just started my TR !!!Comcheck out!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #92
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
If you pre-order the photo pass CD it's cheaper check out this link
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

I think there's such a thing as ordering too early too. Someone said the time limit is 60 days. I'm 27 days out now, plus I'll have 30 days from the end of my trip to upload photos. You have the right to develop all the pictures on the CD. Since DH won't be there to take any pictures of me and DD isn't the greatest photographer yet I think this will be only way you'll be able to tell I went.

Can I pre-order still? I have the cards but haven't registered them yet?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #93
jenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthepixiedust View Post
I see that Jenna's little green light is on, I hope that means she is busy typing up her Day 1!
Usually it means that I left the computer on again & walked away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGoofy44 View Post
Hey Jenny and Jenna! Welcome back. I'm so looking forward to reading your trip report. I need to get back to working on my ptr, it will have me thinking more about Disney and less about work.

I'm looking forward to hearing the "fairly exciting news. Hope you don't drag it out too long.
Hi!

Guess she already spilled the beans from what I've read......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I think her little green light is always on.
What's that supposed to mean?!

Quote:

Just talked to Jenna and she's over her head in last minute school luau preparation so I don't foresee an update tonight unless it's while her cake is baking.
Yes, it's been quite a busy few days. Chris came home on Thursday and said, "Mom, our luau is tomorrow and my teacher would love for you to come in & help and bring food in for it." I knew the luau wuld be sometime soon after we got home, but not that soon! Needless to say I had to go to the grocery store to get some supplies. I ended up making pineapple stuffing, ono butter mochi (a coconut, buttery cake/dessert) and pina coladas (non-alcoholic, of course) for the kids. The pina coladas were a hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloarms View Post
What is Nate's special water?
You don't want to know........
Quote:
Because we have a some new readers and a ton of lurkers, I thought that starting with the final version of the itinerary would be a good place to begin; as well as a who the heck is going on this magical Disney trip. Guess how many times we followed the below plan?
We had an itinerary?

Quote:
In addition to what we were going to do I'd like to share a little history about our motley crew. Basically we all met on another Disney board. Yup, I said, I own it here anyway. I have known Keith for over 4 years, Tracy for a little over 2, and Jenna et al for just about 2 years. I can tell you that Jenna and I were raised by the same insane muthas, not really but we could have been because we share such similar histories. She is truly one of the nicest, funniest women I have ever met and I am proud to call her my friend. Our families hit it off immediately when we met in 2007 and they even came and spent with the holidays with us. We will vacation as a group for many years to come. We have traveled to Yellowstone together with our families and currently have a few vacays in the works. If it were up to Michael and I, they'd buy the 1/2 acre down the street from us and build their dream home.
Awwwww....you are so sweet!

Married in WDW at the Wedding Pavilion- May 22, 1996
Old 05-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #94
jenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGoofy44 View Post
Well, the wife is actually wanting us to consider the DDP or DxDP. Other than that nothing really new yet. Although there may be something soon so stay tuned.
Oooooo......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev1016 View Post
Well, this is it for me until next Saturday.
I hope to return to lots and lots of cool trip report stuff!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Sorry I didn't get to wish you safe travels & a great trip! Tell us all the details when you return!

Quote:
I seriously could not wait for Day 7 in the trippie to spill the news.
Didn't think you could!

Quote:

I text Jenna and Keith and told them and asked Jenna not to tell the kids until we got back. David* French kissed me, called the driver to take us back to AKV, and that's all she wrote.
That is the funniest thing.....French-kissed you........ So, what did he do to Michael?

I just about died when you texted me that Michael bought DVC. I went over to Nate & whispered in his ear so the kids didn't hear. He was super-excited too!

Quote:
I am going to have to start our travel day part of this report later today. Jenna is so busy with house guests until Tuesday and since it's raining here and everyone is gone, it's a great time.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful holiday weekend (those who partake in Memorial Day).
House guests just left! So that's why I'm here. Nate is working on our pics. I'll start posting my travel day, but may have to add the pics in later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
that would have been SO amazing but I wouldn't want you to take advantage of your honey's good nature...or would I. I have to admit I'm over the moon that there is such a good chance that Jenna's going to be thereit will just be the cherry on top of the cake if she manages (no pressure or guilt trip there Jenna)
None what-so-ever! I think Nate even discussed having the kids stay with his parents(which they readily agreed to) with them when they were here, so things are definitely progressing towards an August trip!

Quote:
You will love Jenna and her family.
Well, they may love me, but I'll let them form their own opinions on Nate. And the kids will not be coming this time. Even though I think Emma and Niamh would get along fabulously, Nate & I would like a little break from our little s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hi I am back and on board for this TR !! Will be starting ine soon!!
Welcome home Rosie! Hope your trip was as great as ours! Did the rain affect you?

Old 05-25-2009, 02:30 PM   #95
jenna
DIS Veteran

Jenna's Days T-2 & T-1 (Friday, May 8th & Saturday, May 9th)

I always have the best intentions of leaving for these trips around 5 in the afternoon. The kids get home from school at 4:00 so that gives us an hour to finalize the last minute things, right? Wrong! We are lucky if we leave by 8:00 usually. This time though, I think we made it out of the house about 7:00. Of course, I had to make two quick stops, so it probably was closer to 8 by the time we got on the highway though. We picked up Arby's (gotta love 5 sandwiches for $5.95) for dinner and ate on the way.

Now there is one benefit of leaving later......we can take the route that takes us through DC traffic-free. This is the quickest route, but if you are stuck in the traffic on the Beltway, it can add hours. At 1:00 am though, you miss rush-hour.

The kids did great on the ride! We stopped right before we got to the PA/MD border to buy Powerball tickets for the week. (I play Jenny's numbers for her 2x a week since she doesn't have the lottery in Utah. If we win, we will split the money!) Chris & Emma came in with me to use the bathroom and I got Nate & me coffees before we left. Nate decided to top off the gas since we were already there and had used half a tank to get through PA. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the tickets because they had already shut down the machine for the night. I knew I could get them in NC or SC so I wasn't too upset.

We got back in the car & drove. And drove. And drove. We took another break somewhere in VA and made sure all the kids got out to use the bathroom. I think this was around 2 am or so. Chris had been awake still up to this point as he doesn't like to miss anything. I had brought the set of Twilight books to re-read as something to do. The whole trip I think I only read as much as halfway through the first book.

I took over driving at this point for a bit. Nate slept and so did Chris, but if you ask Chris he says he was awake the whole time. I probably drove for a couple of hours. We stopped to switch drivers again, got gas, and then I slept.

I must have slept for most of NC because I don't remember seeing all of the "South of the Border" billboards. One thing we didn't do this time down is stop at the infamous South of the Border. There are much nicer rest room facilities on I-95, thank you very much. We stopped for gas and continued our drive. I took back over at this point as I was well rested. I also got my Powerball ticket for that night's drawing, but I wasn't able to pre-buy for the rest of the trip. We would have to find somewhere in FL to get the tickets later in the week. I managed to drive through most of SC and into Georgia while Nate slept.

The rest of the drive was as uneventful as the start. It was great to be in the South again! It was in the 70's at 7:00 in the morning so I knew we were in for some hot weather!

We all celebrated once we hit the Florida border! I sent pictures via my phone to Jenny of the Welcome to Florida sign at the visitor's center. We got our samples of OJ and grapefruit juice & were back on the road. It is still about a 3 & 1/2 hrs. drive from the border. Just when you think you are almost there.......

We stopped at Sonic on I-4 to get my mandatory slushy! I love me some Sonic. We don't have any near where we live so when I get the chance to stop, I do! 4 Slushies & a soda cost us less than $4. Gotta love Happy Hour!

I took a picture of the gate with my phone at 4:20 and sent it to Jenny. We had made it!

I went in to check in at Pop Century & I think we were in our room by 4:45. We were in the 50's section. I had to laugh when I saw that giant "Lady" & "Tramp." It was exactly where Jenny wanted to stay so I had to send her another photo!

First order of business at Pop- showers! After driving for how many hours straight, it felt gooooood! The kids got baths & we were on our way to MK!

More to follow later!

Old 05-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #96
rentayenta

Yay!!!! I still have the pics you sent from traveling and arriving if you want me to post them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Usually it means that I left the computer on again & walked away.

Ha ha ha!!!!!

Quote:
Guess she already spilled the beans from what I've read......

I really tried but I am powerless against the force of Disney.

Quote:
What's that supposed to mean?!

Nothing but good stuff.

Quote:
Yes, it's been quite a busy few days. Chris came home on Thursday and said, "Mom, our luau is tomorrow and my teacher would love for you to come in & help and bring food in for it." I knew the luau would be sometime soon after we got home, but not that soon! Needless to say I had to go to the grocery store to get some supplies. I ended up making pineapple stuffing, ono butter mochi (a coconut, buttery cake/dessert) and pina coladas (non-alcoholic, of course) for the kids. The pina coladas were a hit!

C'mon, fess up. You know you boozed up the 2nd grade! The food sounds fabulous!

Quote:
We had an itinerary?

I used it for toilet paper!

Quote:
Awwwww....you are so sweet!

I think you might be the first person in my entire life to ever describe me as sweet.

Quote:
That is the funniest thing.....French-kissed you........So, what did he do to Michael?

You are the only one to catch that!!!

Quote:
I just about died when you texted me that Michael bought DVC.I went over to Nate & whispered in his ear so the kids didn't hear. He was super-excited too!

I am still in shock but my list of questions to ask is ever growing. I was so excited to tell you!

Quote:
House guests just left! So that's why I'm here. Nate is working on our pics. I'll start posting my travel day, but may have to add the pics in later.
How was the visit? Can't wait to see the pics of Emma.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #97
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
booked prefered viewing reservations for Wishes and Illuminations
The Epcot ones are good, they're normally near Morocco but don't bother with the MK ones if they're the same as when we were there, they're right near the ice cream shop near the noodle place. Loads of trees in the way and rubbish view!

Quote:
Delta agent asked me how I would like to pay for our $15 per bag fee? What the heck? When did Delta start doing that? Here’s the kicker: we packed an en extra nearly empty bag for souvenirs so we had to pay $15 for a bag we didn’t need…..yet.
Wow that's a lot, especially as you say it's one way!!!

Quote:
Want see some pictures of my family thoroughly enjoying themselves during the 4 a.m. layover in Hotlanta?
You all look so tired, was the flight cheaper because it was at night?

Quote:
And then the final euphoria of driving under the one of the most heartwarming signs in Orlando Although the Hess gas station sign pitters my patter as well Again, because we arrived at night last time we were unable to the get the shot I so desired while driving into WDW but not this time.

Woooohoooo you're there

Quote:
The UK gets all of the good perks! I'll ask Jo when I "see" her. I forget we have a go-to girl!

Quote:
We picked up Arby's (gotta love 5 sandwiches for $5.95) for dinner and ate on the way.
Wow bargain

Quote:
I went in to check in at Pop Century & I think we were in our room by 4:45. We were in the 50's section. I had to laugh when I saw that giant "Lady" & "Tramp." It was exactly where Jenny wanted to stay so I had to send her another photo!
Yay
Old 05-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #98
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can I pre-order still? I have the cards but haven't registered them yet?

I don't know. But it's worth a try also add this discount code to save 15% 9VISARD15. Let me know if it works.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 05-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #99
passthepixiedust
DIS Veteran

Yay! You both started!

Post Disney blues are officially kicking in. I know we are going back soon, but still......

Keep the updates coming to cheer me up!
Old 05-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #100
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Jenna,.,....sounds like you had a very uneventful drive

I love Sonic..We always have commercials for them, but there are none around here...such a tease
Old 05-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #101
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

First order of business at Pop- showers! After driving for how many hours straight, it felt gooooood! The kids got baths & we were on our way to MK!

More to follow later!
I'm shooting for 50s next month too.

I haven't done the all night drive since 1999. We were so excited. We left around 6 p.m. and got there about 6 a.m., cleaned up at the hotel, caught a McDonald's breakfast then hit DS. We were so excited to be there it didn't hit us until later that night. This was my oldest 2's first trip.

Love me some Sonic at happy hour. We send someone from work for this. It's called our "Afternoon Delight".

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 05-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #102
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Me thinks the queen of dragging trippies out might get awfully thirsty munching on that popcorn.
:
Yep , I need a dr.pepper now!

I can't believe he bought dvc!!! You've been putting something in his kool-aid haven't you.?

I hate layovers, but layovers with kids is like being in the 7th level of hell, at least that's my observation.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #103
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hello Winkers !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #104
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post

Wow that's a lot, especially as you say it's one way!!!

Honestly, I don't know why they just don't add on $15 per ticket and say one bag is included. It's just sounds better that way.

Quote:
You all look so tired, was the flight cheaper because it was at night?

Not a penny cheaper. Last time we left early, had a layover, got to MCO around 8 pm and to the hotel about an hour later. The bags didn't get to our room until after midnight. We basically wasted an entire day traveling so I thought a red-eye might be better.

Quote:
Woooohoooo you're there

Unreal. Heavenly.

Quote:
I don't know. But it's worth a try also add this discount code to save 15% 9VISARD15. Let me know if it works.

I will try it tomorrow!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthepixiedust View Post
Yay! You both started!

Post Disney blues are officially kicking in. I know we are going back soon, but still......

Keep the updates coming to cheer me up!

I feel ya! My blues haven't set in but I am still on a DVC high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post

I love Sonic..We always have commercials for them, but there are none around here...such a tease

We have one a mile from our house. Sonic's Happy Hour is the only legal Happy Hour in Utah. I am not kidding!!!! I keep using Sonic as a bargaining tool to lure Jenna et al out west.

Quote:
I'm shooting for 50s next month too.

I am so jealous! That Lady is more than I can handle!!! Are the huge icons as neat as they appear?

Quote:
Love me some Sonic at happy hour. We send someone from work for this. It's called our "Afternoon Delight".

Their ice is the best!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Yep , I need a dr.pepper now!

I think you need something a little stronger!

Quote:
I can't believe he bought dvc!!! You've been putting something in his kool-aid haven't you.?

I have been spiking his drink for over 16 years. Maybe the accumulation finally broke him. I don't care why he bought it or what her name is, I am happy as a pig in poo!

Quote:
I hate layovers, but layovers with kids is like being in the 7th level of hell, at least that's my observation.

Truer words were never spoken. It was pure hell! Next time I will pony up and find an early non-stop.

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-25-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #105
rentayenta

Jenna's pics thus far in her report..........................

Because I am a total geek and kept the phone pics Jenna sent I am going to post them for her with her permission. These were posted in the pre-trippie but since we have some new readers and a few lurkers, we thought we should repost them as a picture tells the story best. I don't know what happened to the one of them in the Florida Visitor's Center?

Jenna and company crossing the Florida state line. I think Florida may have forgot it was the Sunshine State this May.

Besides a negative pregnancy test, this is the next best thing to see

Ad finally, the biggest coolest piece of 50 ft. pop art in all the World. Jenna et al scored a room in the 50's section!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: