Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #796
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi again I will be checking for the UPDATE tonite when I get home from work!!

Tricks are just fine Thanks !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 07-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #797
BigGoofy44
Mouseketeer

I understand, it is a busy weekend, especially with everybody getting ready for the Independence Day festivities. I, unfortunately, have to work tomorrow until 9 pm. Hopefully I'll be able to catch some fireworks after I get off work.
October 2009 - BWV / Wife's B-day at WDW

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #798
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

Smaller sizes also rock!!! What is a UK 12 in US sizes? Unless that's too personal to answer?

I love that you bought so much the girls don't need their older clothes! Do not buy the Photopass until after you see the pictures they take. Our Photopass photos this trip were not worth buying, really. There were like 4 good ones so I opted not to purchase. Just a thought.
Thank honey, I'm not sure what a UK12 is in US I think it's either a 10 or an 8 (Jo's probably a better person to ask )

Thanks for the heads up on the Photopass, I was considering pre-purchasing because I thought it was cheaper but I may just wait and look at the pics when we get home before making a decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGoofy44 View Post
I'm guessing everybody's busy with summer activities. I'm just bored here at work.
Quote:
I have been a bad DISser! I did leave work early yesterday and am off until Tuesday. I promise my update tonight although it might be just me and you reading it. Keith and Tracy are at the lake and Jenna is on her way to her inlaws. Not sure where the rest are?
Hey folks, sorry I've been a bit remiss on the old Dis but got a last minute order on Sat for a cake that is needed for today so on top of making preparations for my wee soiree next Sat and planning my own birthday cake I've been kinda caught up in other things but I'm still here and desperate for a we TR update if you've got one going spare

BTW check out my ticker.....
FOUR WEEKS TODAY...Yeah Baybeeeeee
Old 07-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #799
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

so what be goin on up in he-ya?

i've been gone dealing with real life....work and a mother of a toothache. how are you guys?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #800
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hi again I will be checking for the UPDATE tonite when I get home from work!!

Tricks are just fine Thanks !!

I am sorry to say that the update won't be posted tonight. July 3rd around this house is every bit as busy as the winter holiday season! I am truly sitting for the first time since this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGoofy44 View Post
I understand, it is a busy weekend, especially with everybody getting ready for the Independence Day festivities. I, unfortunately, have to work tomorrow until 9 pm. Hopefully I'll be able to catch some fireworks after I get off work.

I am sorry you have to work. Here's a DIS firework:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
Thank honey, I'm not sure what a UK12 is in US I think it's either a 10 or an 8 (Jo's probably a better person to ask )

Thanks for the heads up on the Photopass, I was considering pre-purchasing because I thought it was cheaper but I may just wait and look at the pics when we get home before making a decision

Hey folks, sorry I've been a bit remiss on the old Dis but got a last minute order on Sat for a cake that is needed for today so on top of making preparations for my wee soiree next Sat and planning my own birthday cake I've been kinda caught up in other things but I'm still here and desperate for a we TR update if you've got one going spare

BTW check out my ticker.....
FOUR WEEKS TODAY...Yeah Baybeeeeee

Four weeks???? Awesome!!!!!! You must be beside yourself with excitement! That's right your bday is next week. the BIG 4 Oh!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
so what be goin on up in he-ya?

i've been gone dealing with real life....work and a mother of a toothache. how are you guys?

Just slackin' doll. Sorry about the tooth. Anything fabby planned for manana?

Like I said earlier, July 4th is truly longer and more tiring than Christmas Day! We have to be to the FD by 9:30 so the kids can ride the engine in the parade. Then we are having people over for a BBQ. I bought so much food today. Michael thinks I am insane but I would rather have too much than not enough. I shopped all day and prepped for manana. I still have to clean the powder room but since that's where the newest addition stays when we are not home, I can't really do it until right before our friends arrive. After the BBQ and hopefully lots of drinkies we have about 10 options of where to watch DH's city's fireworks. The best place rocks but it takes like forever to get home due to the traffic.

Happy
July 4th !!!!!

Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Dec 2013 Disneyland trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
Old 07-04-2009, 12:00 AM   #801
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Just slackin' doll. Sorry about the tooth. Anything fabby planned for manana?

Like I said earlier, July 4th is truly longer and more tiring than Christmas Day! We have to be to the FD by 9:30 so the kids can ride the engine in the parade. Then we are having people over for a BBQ. I bought so much food today. Michael thinks I am insane but I would rather have too much than not enough. I shopped all day and prepped for manana. I still have to clean the powder room but since that's where the newest addition stays when we are not home, I can't really do it until right before our friends arrive. After the BBQ and hopefully lots of drinkies we have about 10 options of where to watch DH's city's fireworks. The best place rocks but it takes like forever to get home due to the traffic.

Happy
July 4th !!!!!

we're doing our usual. staying at home! the reason we don't even try to go anywhere is because our neighbors spend about 3 grand on fireworks every year so we just sit in the front yard and enjoy. plus the neighborhood behind us has a big lake and they do a big show from at boat in the water every year and we can see it from our house. our other neighbor is having a huge cook out so we'll just hang around here. it's nice because we can drink and not worry about driving anywhere!

sounds like you guys have some fun stuff planned! hope it's a good day - i'd love to see pictures!

by the way did you hear that our favorite girl just resigned her position as governor of alaska?
Old 07-04-2009, 02:12 AM   #802
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I really miss Utah on the 4th. All the little towns have parades and celebrations. Here where I live, truley the end of the world, they don't do anything........except for a really lame firework show that lasts 2 minutes. And they've banned all fireworks in the city. Yes, I'm a little ticked. We're debating the 2 hour drive to the nearest place that resembles the rest of america on July 4th.

Ok......sorry..it's late and I thought I could complain to someone who hasn't heard it before from me.

Reading about your plans makes me very nastolgic for the 4th's from my youth. It is great that your kids still have fun on the fire engine.....heck, I'd have fun riding in it.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:46 AM   #803
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

ood Morning All !!
Cherie sorry about your lack of FIREWORKS! Do ya wanna borow some of ours !! We have had 4th f July for a good month nowWe are off to local amusement park that has a really great Firework show each year !!

For whoever asked about UK v US sizes !! In 1971 when I came over here I wore a size 12 UK and was delighted to be a 10 over here !! A gal don't forget a drop in sizes even if it took an Oceon to do it !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 07-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #804
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
For whoever asked about UK v US sizes !! In 1971 when I came over here I wore a size 12 UK and was delighted to be a 10 over here !! A gal don't forget a drop in sizes even if it took an Oceon to do it !!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #805
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
A UK 12 is a US 8 WTG Kirsteen on getting to a 12, I seem to be creeping the other way

Quote:
There is a money back guarantee on the pre-purchase

Quote:
Have fun whatever you do!

Quote:
There are 2 dress sizes difference now so your size 12 would have become an 8
Old 07-05-2009, 02:37 AM   #806
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Four weeks???? Awesome!!!!!! You must be beside yourself with excitement! That's right your bday is next week. the BIG 4 Oh!!!!!!!!

Our docs came from Disney UK yesterday so getting serious hyper in our house, Becci came down from her bed yesterday morning because she heard me squealing and jumping about with excitement and was appauled that I said it was much better than my birthday

Yes my vile birthday is on Tuesday but we don't have any plans because my party is on Saturday and all attention is being concentrated on doing things for that. I'm starting my birthday cake today

[COLOR="blue"]
We have to be to the FD by 9:30 so the kids can ride the engine in the parade. Then we are having people over for a BBQ. I bought so much food today. Michael thinks I am insane but I would rather have too much than not enough. I shopped all day and prepped for manana. I still have to clean the powder room but since that's where the newest addition stays when we are not home, I can't really do it until right before our friends arrive. After the BBQ and hopefully lots of drinkies we have about 10 options of where to watch DH's city's fireworks. The best place rocks but it takes like forever to get home due to the traffic.
[SIZE="6"][CENTER][COLOR="blue"]

I totally agree with you I'd much rather be left with a pile of food than risk running out...not very environmentally responsible but sometimes OCD and being green just find it impossible to walk hand in hand

Sounds like you'll have had a fabby time hope everyones 4th of July was fantastic
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
A UK 12 is a US 8 WTG Kirsteen on getting to a 12, I seem to be creeping the other way

There is a money back guarantee on the pre-purchase

Have fun whatever you do!

There are 2 dress sizes difference now so your size 12 would have become an 8
OMG I'm a size 8 last time I was a size age I was probably aged 8 as well. I'm sure your weight is staying the same Jo it's just that we're more aware of how we look in the summer and sometimes our minds play tricks and make us think we're bigger when we're realy not (its the exposure of flesh that doesn't normally see the light of day that does it)

Still debating the PhotoPass and probably will until 30July but good to know we could get a refund if the pics turn out pants. What is really swaying me towards getting it is the fact that Niamh and Cayla are doing BBB and there is a photographer there so that could be really cool (plus I'm realy mince at taking photo's)
Old 07-05-2009, 04:33 AM   #807
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Still debating the PhotoPass and probably will until 30July but good to know we could get a refund if the pics turn out pants. What is really swaying me towards getting it is the fact that Niamh and Cayla are doing BBB and there is a photographer there so that could be really cool (plus I'm realy mince at taking photo's)
Did you know that whatever BBB package you do you can still do the photoshoot for free and it gets added to your PP? The MK location is in Exposition Hall on Main Street and you just queue up We also love the holding Tink and Simba photos and getting the TT ride photos on our card. We also really loved the Captain Hook photos, BTW I'm not on commision
Old 07-05-2009, 06:59 AM   #808
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Did you know that whatever BBB package you do you can still do the photoshoot for free and it gets added to your PP? The MK location is in Exposition Hall on Main Street and you just queue up We also love the holding Tink and Simba photos and getting the TT ride photos on our card. We also really loved the Captain Hook photos, BTW I'm not on commision

FANTASTIC, I didn't know you could still do the photoshoot if you were doing one of the cheaper packages, I have a feeling I might go for it. As you said if the picies are rubbish we can always get a refund but to be honest what's the chances of not getting at least some really good photos when you're there for 2weeks. It would also be great for Jo and Boyd to have some nice posed pics of Cayla on her birthday.

I so love having you as a friend Jo you're so knowledgeable
Old 07-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #809
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
I so love having you as a friend Jo you're so knowledgeable
Awww Kirsteen you're too sweet, guess there was a reason why I was chosen for the panel
Old 07-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #810
DisneylandForever
At Walt's in DLP

Hi all! Sorry I've been kinda busy lately. I'll try my best to recall what we did on this day...

Thursday, 5/14 – MK, Epcot

On our way to the bus stop, I had to drop off some DVDs, so Tracy took a few pics of the OKW.

Me after returning the movies. Not sure what I was doing.

Cheeeese!

While on the bus Tracy snapped a pic of us, and because of the motion the background looked kinda cool. And she may have mentioned her "artsy" pic a few more times that day.

I remember at the MK we wanted to hit the rides we had missed before, so we did a few Fantasyland rides. At this point in the trip I had only ridden the CoP once, which is unheard of! So I got another one in, and on the way out of MK we stopped at the Main St. Bakery. Apparently Tracy had a hankering for an ice cold treat the size of her head.

45 minutes later, she finished her ice cream and we hopped the monorail to Epcot. Without little ones around Tracy seized the opportunity to tour World Showcase at a very leisurely pace. I actually got to see a few things I had never seen before. There was this cool little Terra Cotta Army in China that would later convince me to lead them into battle…

We had dinner reservations at Narcoossee’s that night, but we ended up skipping it. I think we stayed in Epcot longer than we should have, and didn’t have time to go all the way back to the hotel to change. We technically met the standards for their dress code, but we still felt a little uncomfortable about going there in what we were wearing. It ended up being a win/win, because A) it saved us a TS credit, and B) we ended up going to one of my favorite places, Cape May Cafe! I love Cape May because of the food, the dessert, and the fact that it gives me an excuse to visit our home resort. Plus it’s pretty hard for me to not be happy at a buffet. And for those of you who don’t know us, these little babies are reason alone for Tracy and I to wander on in:

The waiter was very friendly, and he thought I was Arabic like him. I’m not, but I do know a word or two in Arabic, so I tried to say, “hello.” I ended up saying “welcome” instead. lol. He corrected me, and also answered me when I asked him how to say “thank you.” After saying shukran, we headed back into Epcot. Neither Tracy or I are huge fans of IllumiNations, but I like the music, we both love WS at night, so we have a tradition of starting at one end of WS and walking around to the other during the show. That way I still get to hear it without having to look at that stupid globe, and she gets to walk around WS at night.

After getting back to the room I realized that, in spite of my strong love for the drink G2, I wasn’t going to be able to finish the 50 pack that Jenna had purchased for me. At the end of that evening I only had 1 1/2 days left, so I put about four aside, and decided I should return the rest as opposed to tossing them. Jenny was in the room with Gabby so I headed on over. Tracy was really tired and was asleep before I even left. Not long after arriving at their super dope Grand Villa, the rest of the gang showed up, and I got to play with the kids for a while. Jenny took a few pics (which I see she already posted). The next day would be mine and Tracy’s last full day, so I wanted to get back and get some sleep. My homeboy Nate drove me back to my room (thank goodness too, because it was a 25-minute walk just to get there), and I watched a little bit of the Laker game before catching some Z’s.

Coming soon (from me), 5/15 (our last full day)!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: