Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #646
Bev1016
DIS Veteran

Enjoy Five Guys, Jenny! When I lived in DC I loved it and I was happy when they came here.
(That wasn't a very good talk-down, was it? )

I'm getting a weight loss ticker up today. You gals are just too darned inspiring!
09/07: Big family trip to POFQ
12/08: CSR with the Bean!
Me: DH: Yoda:

Old 06-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #647
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I do Wii Fit. I do the Yoga, Strength Training, and Areobics. Right now it takes me 35-45min. depending on how much time I have. I do usually do some of the yoga 2 times.

Love the Wii Fit! There is a new game Wii Active that my friend loves. I was thinking about renting it first to see how I like it.

Quote:
My dh and I just celebrated our 10th in May.

Congrats! Ain't love grand?!

Quote:
That is my hardest thing to do right now is drinking water.

And that's like the only thing that's easy for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev1016 View Post
Enjoy Five Guys, Jenny! When I lived in DC I loved it and I was happy when they came here.
(That wasn't a very good talk-down, was it? )

I am sad to say that 5 Guys was so not worth it. I feel like I have 5 guys sitting in my stomach. I ate 910 calories and could have had like 3 Snickers instead. I am home from work and going for a nice long walk/run.

Quote:
I'm getting a weight loss ticker up today. You gals are just too darned inspiring!

Get that ticker up!!!! We are here for support! Can I tell you flipped the switch for me? Well it was 2 things really. The first was turning 40. That number is a HUGE motivator and the second was that every June/July I think what if I had really started to get healthy on january 1st like I always promise myself? So last December I decided that I hated Jan 1st and Dec 21st was a much better day to begin. It's all about mind games.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #648
rentayenta

Oh Kei-eith!!!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #649
DisneylandForever
At Walt's in DLP

Wednesday, 5/13 – DHS, Epcot, DtD

On this day Tracy and I had 8pm dinner reservations for Raglan Road, and knew we wanted to start off in DHS. Other than that we were gonna play it by ear. We ended up in DHS not long after it opened, and decided to skip TSM in favor of getting RnR fastpasses. After retrieving them we decided to ride it, since it was less than a 15-minute wait. We then meandered over towards the Great Movie Ride, and rode that too. After GMR I was starving, so we went to the ABC Commissary. I had a burger, and Tracy had a chicken thing. As we ate I got to see them recap all of the seasons of Lost for the 20th time. I’ve never watched a single episode of that show, but I know who everyone is because every time I eat at the Commissary I see that condensed series recap! I’m not sure why we eat there every trip. lol

After lunch we stopped at one of my favorite stores, The Writer’s Shop next to Sci-Fi Drive-In. We were only there for about five minutes before Tracy pulled the anti-Keith, and decided to wait for me outside (even though I wait for her the entire time whenever she shops! lol). It’s okay though because God got her for me. Apparently it was too loud in the store to hear her shriek, but when I came outside, she immediately grabbed me and had me take a picture of this mannequin.

Um, okay. It’s a kid excited about ice cream.

But then she had me go in for a close-up. And now, thanks to that moment, that freakin’ piece of plastic has replaced the little clown doll from Poltergeist as my number one dream-haunter. I still wake up shivering.

VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK

And, for funsies, here is another angle.

Not quite sure what the purpose of that mannequin was, other than to scare kids into behaving (or crap themselves), give people contemplating suicide that little extra push they needed, or just to give Freddy Krueger nightmares, we decided to move on, a little worse for the wear.

I purchased a frozen treat to combat the 90 degrees I was being pelted with moments after Tracy assured me I was allowed to bring it into my favorite DHS attraction, One Man’s Dream. I didn’t think I was allowed, but she spoke with the tone that only a person who just saw somebody enter said attraction holding a tasty frozen treat of their own would, so I of course believed her.

“You can’t bring that in here.”

It was the second time in minutes that Tracy had foiled me. I wish I could say it was the last.

We meandered down the road leading to ToT (Sunset, right?), and stopped in a few shops along the way. Tracy is not a big spender, but she loves to window shop. I don’t mind it, really. I daydream a lot anyway so I can just watch something in my head for a while. When she was done we used our FPs for RnR, and decided it was time to leave DHS. On the way out we stopped at the Disney Clothing shop on the first main street (Hollywood, right?), and I saw a shirt that I wasn’t sure if I found offensive or not.

We decided to head to Epcot, and to pay Tracy back for her afternoon of thwarting, I made her little butt run to catch the boat that was sitting at the dock. Tracy runs several times a week, but, like Jenny, she has little nubs in place of legs that don’t allow her to move at the same pace as even a semi-tall person. As hungry as I was for sweet payback, I ran slowly (I know, what a gentleman!), and luckily the boat captain saw us and waited. We boarded, the boat took off, and 20 minutes later we were in Epcot.

Epcot is my favorite park. In reading about it, I had learned that there was a talking water fountain somewhere in the park. No, really! If you don’t believe me, click here.

I thought I knew where it was, but I was unable to locate it. I asked a few CMs, but they were no help. The day before Michael and I had tried to locate it on our way to retrieve Test Track (aka FastTrack) FPs, but to no avail. This had become a mission, and Guest Relations, with their fancy plaid-vested CMs, were just the chaps I needed to recruit. Tracy didn’t mind the opportunity to window shop in Mouse Gear. No, really. She didn’t!

As I entered GR, the line was short in length, but not in time. Usually people go there for resolution to complicated matters, and this day proved no different. A CM came out from the side door and began talking to people in line, trying to see if he could be of assistance. I instantly hoped I would be called up to the desk before he got to me, because dammit, he wasn’t wearing a plaid vest!

He came up to me, and ended up being the coolest freakin’ CM I had ever encountered.

I regaled him with tales of a fountain so magical, it would speak to you as you imbibed its water. He was intrigued. He had never heard of such a thing, but assured me he would get to the bottom of my query. I sat and waited, and he came out to tell me that I must mean the magical brass bowl-thing in the China shop, that hummed when you rubbed it. I begged to differ. I went into further detail, and outlined its possible former location. He adjourned to the back once more, and came out with semi-good news. “It may still exist, but it might be gone. Let’s go to where it should be according to my friend.”

Let’s go indeed.

My new best friend Elton and I traveled the 100 feet over to the Fountain of Nations, and took a left towards Mouse Gear. We looked around, and at first we didn’t see anything. But then we found it! A stainless steel box with two water fountains jutting out. Sure that was the right location, we both tested the fountain. But alas, the talking feature was no more. I was sad because even though it’s not a huge deal, I love little stuff like that. It’s one of the touches that sets Disney far and away above other places. We went inside Mouse Gear to peruse the very book that mentioned the fountain just to make sure, and that was it. By then Tracy had found me, and was probably humored by the fact that I had dragged this poor CM all the way to Mouse Gear from GR. But he was so friendly and fun to talk to, we had a blast just hangin’ out. Upon exiting Mouse Gear, he and I simultaneously came up with an idea, and that idea manifested into one of my favorite all time pics!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the talking water fountain in Epcot:

Tracy and I hung out in Epcot a bit longer, and on the way out I stopped at GR (knowing Elton was off work) and filled out an awesome comment card in his favor. We went back to the hotel and relaxed/swam/showered/changed, and headed to DtD for our 8pm Raglan Road ressie.

Since I have blabbed on as usual, I’ll wrap it up. Dinner at RR was okay. As soon as we got to DtD I had a weird flu-like feeling, but did my best to shake it off. For dessert that night I ordered the fruit plate thinking a few vitamins might fix me up. And I gotta tell you, either it did just that, or I had a 24 minus 22 hour virus! Because after dinner I was fine. And relieved.

Here are a few more pics from that day:

Me in front of (the also super cool but now defunct) Epcot Tribute Museum:

Tracy admiring the construction of Jenny’s new home:

Tracy in Raglan Road:

Tracy’s dessert:

My little life-saving dessert:

Coming soon (from me), Day Four, 5/14, MK & Epcot!

Last edited by DisneylandForever; 07-07-2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: never met a typo I didn't wanna punch in the face
Old 06-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #650
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Just wanted to say that I have officially lost
25 lbs!!!!!!!

:
Jenny, that is so exciting! You should feel very proud of yourself.
Thanks to my meds and foot the only time I loose weight is when I take my clothes off. But I'm hoping after my foot surgery I can get back to walking. ok, so my friends ben & jerry don't help either.

Keith, I love the talking water fountain!! I don't think I've ever seen a picture like that before!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #651
rentayenta

I cannot tell you guys how flippin' funny the talking fountain story is in person. Keith's ability to tell that story coupled with his descriptions was hilarious, I thought Michael was going to pee his pants!

That scary wax kid looks even creepier in that big photo vs the little camera shot! And I agree, he rivals any wicked clown, even the one at the BWV!

Tracy admiring the construction of my new home. Say it again Keith!

I am sorry you didn't love RR. I wonder if it was because you weren't feeling great? What did you order? And because you were healed right after eating, maybe RR has magic healing powers? Just sayin'.................

Old 06-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #652
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Jenny, that is so exciting! You should feel very proud of yourself.
Thanks to my meds and foot the only time I loose weight is when I take my clothes off. But I'm hoping after my foot surgery I can get back to walking. ok, so my friends ben & jerry don't help either.

Thank you so much sweetie. I am quite proud. It sure wasn't easy at times but oh so worth it. And as far as Ben & Jerry, they are not the kindest of men! When are you getting surgery?

Old 06-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #653
redlight
DIS Veteran

25 pounds! Awesome! I'm halfway there myself.

I wish my mom had warned me about those guys Ben and Jerry.

Amy
Old 06-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #654
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
25 pounds! Awesome! I'm halfway there myself.

Congrats on your weight loss!!!! WTG! Darn you Ben, darn you Jerry!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #655
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneylandForever View Post
But then she had me go in for a close-up. And now, thanks to that moment, that freakin’ piece of plastic has replaced the little clown doll from Poltergeist as my number one dream-haunter. I still wake up shivering.

VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK

that is just......STRANGE. that's the only word i can think of. JUST STRANGE. i'm very confused and disturbed right now.

Quote:
I regaled him with tales of a fountain so magical, it would speak to you as you imbibed its water.

Quote:

that is AWESOME!!!!!! kinda like "push" except that the CM is doing a REALLY bad job of disguising himself!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #656
passthepixiedust
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We were only there for about five minutes before Tracy pulled the anti-Keith, and decided to wait for me outside (even though I wait for her the entire time whenever she shops! lol)
Um.... the difference being that you read ENTIRE BOOKS in that store! And they have about 20 other items to look at. 20 items that never change. Ever. lol!
Quote:
she immediately grabbed me and had me take a picture of this mannequin.
Quote:

Um, okay. It’s a kid excited about ice cream.

VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK

You should have seen how freaked out I was when I saw it! I was admiring the details in the display and..... I may not have screamed, but there was definitely an audible gasp and a startled jump back.

Quote:
We decided to head to Epcot, and to pay Tracy back for her afternoon of thwarting, I made her little butt run to catch the boat that was sitting at the dock. Tracy runs several times a week, but, like Jenny, she has little nubs in place of legs that don’t allow her to move at the same pace as even a semi-tall person. As hungry as I was for sweet payback, I ran slowly (I know, what a gentleman!), and luckily the boat captain saw us and waited. We boarded, the boat took off, and 20 minutes later we were in Epcot.
Gentleman, my..... butt. I can generally keep up just fine, thank you very much, but you find an excuse to run EVERY SINGLE TIME I WEAR FLIP FLOPS! lol!

Quote:

I am sorry you didn't love RR. I wonder if it was because you weren't feeling great? What did you order? And because you were healed right after eating, maybe RR has magic healing powers? Just sayin'.................
My dinner was delicious, but surprisingly, I didn't like the famous Bread and Butter pudding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
that is just......STRANGE. that's the only word i can think of. JUST STRANGE. i'm very confused and disturbed right now.
I know, right? I dragged Keith over right away to see if I was just imagining how freaky it was! In WDW?!?!?!?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #657
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
. And as far as Ben & Jerry, they are not the kindest of men! When are you getting surgery?
My surgery is July 6 and d.jay is having knee surgery a week from friday. He'll be up and around the next day but I'll have to spend a week in bed with my foot elevated.

My sweet naive size 2 mom had no idea who ben and jerry were so she could warn me.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #658
passthepixiedust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
My surgery is July 6 and d.jay is having knee surgery a week from friday. He'll be up and around the next day but I'll have to spend a week in bed with my foot elevated.
Oh my! I hope you will be waited on hand and foot!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #659
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That story is AWESOME!!!! Most CMs are good, but this goes beyond that and makes any WDW trip special.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #660
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry I'm so late to post, but I've been busy. Only 4 more sleeps until we leave for the most Magical Place in the World!!

Jenny loved you Animal Kingdom day. You got some really great family shots. And congrats on the weight loss. You're an inspiration to us all.

Keith you report gave me every emotion from fear to delight. I'm so disappointed the fountain doesn't work anymore. I could imagine showing off this little gem to DD, sister and niece on Monday. And what a great CM!

Can't wait to read more.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Rate This Thread