Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #511
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by feet1 View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE the TR so far! Can't wait for more!

Good to see ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I can see the headline now.................woman arrested for asaulting husband with his murse....

The baklava at marakesh is my dh's favorite. he normally doesn't get that excited about food but I laugh hysterically when he eats it because he has the same facial expression as.......well, another time.

sucking the marrow out of the bones???
I can hardly eat chicken off the bone, I always stop eating before it gets to it otherwise it grosses me out!

Not chicken marrow. Delicious lamb and cow marrow.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 06-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #512
DisneylandForever
At Walt's in DLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Behind me a woman had slipped and fallen (my back was turned) so all of a sudden I saw Nate run over leaving Keith in mid-sentence. Nate felt bad that he just ran off while you were talking, Keith. He hoped you didn't think he was rude.
I did think he was rude! In fact, tell him the friendship is off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
Keith go for it with extra points, you know you want to.
I'm surrounded by enablers!

Quote:

Keith & Gab:

Look at my sweet Gabby! I miss her! I miss all of the kids!

Quote:
I forgot to add the part about Nate getting grossed out at dinner. Jenny was sucking the marrow out of the bones. She said it's the best part. I don't have pictures but Keith & Tracy might......
Oh... I've got pictures.

Guess it's my turn now!

Last edited by DisneylandForever; 06-08-2009 at 04:38 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #513
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneylandForever View Post

Are you defriending him?

Quote:

Likewise!

Quote:

And she, you.

Quote:
Oh... I've got pictures.

Quote:
Guess it's my turn now!

So I just wanted to post a little DVC update. We have points that need to be used by next November and since we aren't planning on any Disney (well that might change as Keith is purdy persuasive) I called Member Services today to inquire about Mexico. There is a resort we'd love to stay in next Feb. that can either be booked thru RCI or Club Intrawest, exact same place. If booked thru Club Intrawest, it will cost 161 point for 7 nights in a Studio. If booked thru RCI it will only cost 123 for a Studio and 160 for a 1 bedroom the exact same week. I tripled checked with the CM to make sure I understood and it's right. It makes NO sense but heck, I am going with RCI. RCI does not have our info yet so I have to call back Wed. The CM also gave me some helpful tips in case I am waitlisted.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #514
jenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev1016 View Post
Great update, Jenna!
Sorry it had its rough patches though. But I'm glad you made it on Soarin'. It's one of my top 3 rides, and if there was a way for me to build one and put it in my garage, I'd do it!

I love getting "soda drunk" at Club Cool!

Kirsteen: Thanks for the well wishes! I think is doing much better, but he's still a little fussy.

Have a great day everyone!
Thanks Emily! The day did have its rough patches, but really what trip is there that doesn't involve some sort of conflict. I did enjoy Soarin' and it is now in my top 10 favs. The question is did I ever make it to the front row......You'll have to wait & see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
Great update Jenna, sorry you had a wee barney with Nate but it sounds like you'd made it up by the end of the night with a wee swalley on the balcony so all good.

Well done on going on Soarin', I love that ride it feels amazingly free

Och Cherie you're banter's so good you can't blame a girl for trying, I'd just love to experience it in person some time
Hi Kirsteen! It was always nice to end the night sitting on the balcony, just talking to good friends.

Married in WDW at the Wedding Pavilion- May 22, 1996
Old 06-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #515
jenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Great update! I forgot that was your first time Soarin'. I added the title and link to the table of contents but you should edit your title because
you flew baybee!!!!!!

Chloe does look like she's getting a talking to. I also forgot this was the day that Michael helped that raggy RN who fell in front of Nemo and the morning I peed like 500x.

Love the pictures but it just makes me miss everyone SO much.

A wee barney? Diggin' it Kirsteen!

And "yay rope drop"? And I was so proud of us for getting there early.

Your kids were quiet as mice because we didn't even hear you guys come back.

Our balcony at the OKW was heavenly! Seriously, I love that place!!!!!!
I like how you put "Jenna soars" in the title.

I miss everyone too! Do you believe that it was one month ago today that we left for this adventure?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feet1 View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE the TR so far! Can't wait for more!
Hi Laura! Thanks for the compliments! We sure have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I can see the headline now.................woman arrested for asaulting husband with his murse....

The baklava at marakesh is my dh's favorite. he normally doesn't get that excited about food but I laugh hysterically when he eats it because he has the same facial expression as.......well, another time.

sucking the marrow out of the bones???
I can hardly eat chicken off the bone, I always stop eating before it gets to it otherwise it grosses me out!
I would have assaulted him too if there wasn't a group of people around.

Nate's all-time favorite dessert is baklava, and he said he liked mine better. Even though he hated me at that point, at least he still gave me compliment.

And I am peeing my pants visualizing your dh's facial expression eating baklava!

Old 06-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #516
DisneylandForever
At Walt's in DLP

Keith and Tracy's Day Two, 5/12 - Epcot

So Tracy and I, a day after arriving via the redeye, dragged our butts out of bed at the crack of what seemed like dawn, since Jenny was quite adamant about arriving at Epcot by ropedrop. Okeedokee. We got up and somehow managed to make ourselves relatively presentable in the little time allotted that morning. Using our window as a bus schedule, I sat on the bed and waited till I saw a bus come with the fewest electronic letters on its ticker. After only about three minutes, it appeared in the distance. The ticker was not changing names to accommodate multiple destinations, nor were there so many letters that the name stretched out to reached both ends. Nope, this ticker displayed only one word, small enough to be nestled in its center. I texted Jenny, then said aloud, “It’s coming Tracy.”

A few moments later “The Jens” and their respective crews boarded the bus. We all talked about how much fun the previous night was, and how hot the weather was. I had on a tank so I didn’t mind it. I was just excited to be going to my favorite park. The CoP is my favorite attraction in WDW, but I much prefer being in Epcot more so than pretty much any other Disney park (the lone exception being Disneyland in Anaheim). Upon our arrival we were excited that we made it with a good eight minutes to spare! Er, so we thought. As many of you already know, we were actually 52 minutes late. How could we not have known it was EMH that day? It was nobody’s fault (besides Jenny’s), so we just shrugged and entered the park.

Michael and I jogged to The Land. I thought we were gonna get Soarin’ Fps and then go ride something else, but when the gang eventually caught up to us, the standby was only 15 minutes or so, so we went on it. I enjoy Soarin’, but to be honest I don’t ride it much while in WDW because it’s one of the few rides I enjoy in California Adventure, therefore I ride it there often. But I went with the crowd, and was actually excited to see Jenna “man-ing up” and coming aboard. Apparently she saw my town’s most famous landmark, and not much else. Oh, and she was able to smell the oranges, which is always accompanied oddly enough by Latin-sounding music. I always exit that ride offended! Okay just kidding. But not really. No, I am. Kidding, not offended. Moving on.

We all headed to Nemo and had to wait while Jenny took her first of 14 pee breaks that day. Nate and I were chatting away, and then I must have said something that really offended him, because he just took off running. A single tear down my cheek later, I realized that behind me a woman had fallen. Michael and I trotted over to help. Michael is a freakin’ EMT, so I don’t know what I could have done, other than say, “put ice on it.” So in a way I was just there for moral support. As an athlete I have had my share of ankle injuries in the past, and I know just what to do upon sustaining one. But Michael was about two steps ahead of me. After the excitement we rode Nemo, then went to my favorite “ride” in Epcot, Spaceship Earth. It was Jenny and fam’s first time, and they all loved it. After Nemo Michael and I went to Test Track to get some FPs, and from there the consensus seemed to be Mexico for lunch. Jenna and her family headed to China, and after telling her how good the orange chicken was there, I got a sudden craving for it myself. Couple that with the fact that most of the dishes at the Cantina De San Angel contain cheese (y soy allergico a queso), and I was off to Lotus Blossom to retrieve a to-go order. As our meal was winding down, Gabby and Chloe began feeding the birds. One of them almost swallowed Gabby, but settled for her churro instead. Then a group of particularly hungry ones decided that Chloe was small enough to carry off, if they could just gather enough troops. The small army made their move:

But alas, their effort was thwarted by a kid at another table throwing them some chips. So after lunch the food coma kicked in, and combine that with the 90+ degree heat, we had some tired children on our hands. The kids did not want to leave however, so I came up with the (what would prove to be a bonehead) idea of just renting a double stroller so they could rest/nap. Jenny and Michael, and the kids, come to think of it, all thought it was a great idea, so Michael and I went to retrieve one. Well, it was only a good idea in theory. Not 20 minutes later, the kids were still tired, a little cranky, and much too hot. Jenny and I tried to take Chloe and Josh to see The American Adventure (my favorite “attraction” at Epcot), but about five minutes in, Chloe had to pee. I stayed with Josh and he stayed awake long enough to mildly enjoy it. I can’t remember why Tracy didn’t go, but while they were waiting for us, she snapped these two pics:

After the show we all realized it was just a little too hot to stay in the park for another four or five hours till dinner, and we all adjourned back to our respective rooms. Tracy and I relaxed for a bit. I think we took a short nap, then went to the pool for a while. That little break worked, because by the time we were showered and ready to return to Epcot we were totally refreshed!

Tracy and I brought our ponchos cuz the clouds were black. It was pouring by the time we got back to Epcot, and I remember waiting at the entrance for a while. I was just playing with the kids so I didn’t really know what the hold-up was, until just reading Jenna’s update. LOL! So that’s why we were waiting! Eh, I didn’t mind. It didn't rain long.

We arrived at Marrakesh on time, and were seated against a wall towards the back. All the kids (and myself) began drawing on the disposable paper table cloth with the crayons provided. Tracy snapped a few pics:

Emma and Chris

Josh and Gabby

Jon

Gabby, Chloe, Me

So Nate must be a way cooler dude than Michael or myself, since we were busy tripping over each others' tongues to get a pic of the belly dancer, while he sat there and embodied coolness. Michael beat me to the dance floor, so for my revenge I decided to snap a pic of him snapping a pic of the dancer instead of just snapping a pic of the dancer. Eh, it almost worked. He moved:

Dinner was freakin’ awesome!

After dinner Jenny was quite pleased to be the recipient of several lamb bones, complete with marrow. She happily took a stick to dig it out:

And when it wasn’t coming out fast enough, it was time for plan B:

After dinner a tired Chloe and a marrow-ful Jenny had a staring contest:

Tracy tried to join in, but they must do things differently in Canada. I had to explain to her that in staring contests, two people stare at one another. They don’t stare at other people who are staring at each other:

After a yummy dinner Jenny and Tracy got some alcoholic slushies:

I took a sip of both and almost puked each time.

Tracy and I skipped IllumiNations that night in favor of riding some rides. Later most of us went to Test Track, others went to Soarin’. Here are a couple of studs in line for Test Track:

And here are our ride photos. We actually got to ride it twice!

Tracy had gone with Jenna so after riding Test Track I hopped on the bus back to OKW with Jenny & co., while Tracy got chauffeured in a lovely SUV. It was a nice ending to a very fun day. And we were just getting started!

Up next (from me): Me and Tracy’s Day Three, 5/13 – DHS, Epcot, DtD, and the best photo I’ve ever been a part of in the history of my WDW trips!

Last edited by DisneylandForever; 06-08-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #517
jenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good to see ya!

That didn't gross me out. What grossed me out was the way you clean your cell phone.

Quote:

Oh... I've got pictures.

Guess it's my turn now!
Yes it is your turn!

Nate is still going on and on about how he feels bad that he was so rude. And then a week later, you call me and I have to cut you off as Emma was being called to dance. It's a wonder you still want to be friends with either of us!

Quote:
So I just wanted to post a little DVC update. We have points that need to be used by next November and since we aren't planning on any Disney (well that might change as Keith is purdy persuasive) I called Member Services today to inquire about Mexico. There is a resort we'd love to stay in next Feb. that can either be booked thru RCI or Club Intrawest, exact same place. If booked thru Club Intrawest, it will cost 161 point for 7 nights in a Studio. If booked thru RCI it will only cost 123 for a Studio and 160 for a 1 bedroom the exact same week. I tripled checked with the CM to make sure I understood and it's right. It makes NO sense but heck, I am going with RCI. RCI does not have our info yet so I have to call back Wed. The CM also gave me some helpful tips in case I am waitlisted.
That's crazy that the points are different! What kind of fuzzy Disney math is that? But yay on Mexico!!

Old 06-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #518
jenna
DIS Veteran

Great update Keith!!

Quote:

So Nate must be a way cooler dude than Michael or myself, since we were busy tripping over each others' tongues to get a pic of the belly dancer, while he sat there and embodied coolness.
I think Nate was probably either debating whether to ask her out as he was envisioning himself single again or deciding that he didn't want to deal with another woman in his life ever again because we are all just moody (w)itches!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #519
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Popped Tendon

Dropped his murse

Love all the updates

crack me up
Old 06-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #520
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
:
either way...makes me wanna puke!
I can't eat lamb either...yuck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna;32189322[COLOR="red"
And I am peeing my pants visualizing your dh's facial expression eating baklava![/COLOR]
let's not tell him I said that.....I think I'd get my computer priveleges revoked if he knew!

Quote:
That didn't gross me out. What grossed me out was the way you clean your cell phone.
what does she do? lick it?

I shudder to ask.......
Old 06-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #521
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

okay, i can honestly say i've never seen anyone eat lamb bone marrow. so what's the benefit of that? is it good for you or does it taste good or both?

and i too have to know about the cell phone cleaning.

Quote:
what is that dude doing in the front row? it looks like he might be having stomach pains.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #522
rentayenta

At least I will weed out the weak and undeserving rif-raf by showing my humanity!

Like any good mother, when something needs cleaning, it gets cleaned by a mother's spit. I had been wiping my phone all day without hope of seeing the screen and licked it. I licked it. So what, big deal, I licked it. It was my phone in my pocket. I own it. I am sure most of you have had worse near your tongue. Now let's move on!

Great update Keith! I love the stare down photo. I didn't even remember it. Is this when Joshua started with Short Round and Dr. Jones? Okay, Michael just said it was. And who knew you spoka duh Spanich?!

Joshua can imitate Short Round from the 2nd Indiana Jones movie like no one's bidnez. I think I ended up paying him over $20 during the course of the trip trying to get him to say: You said stay Dr. Jones and Hey lady you call, him Dr. Jones! Even know, I will cry laughing when he does it!

Dawn, marrow is so yummy. I know, I know, ewwww................... But it's rich and full of flavor. I have eaten it all my life. Nothing went to waste during dinner when I was growing up. I spent lots of time with my grandma, full blooded ornery Hungarian granny, and trust me, no food went to waste.

So let's recap: I sucked the marrow and Jenna threw the murse! No wonder we get along so well.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:23 AM   #523
rentayenta

Our resort in Mexico:

http://www.clubintrawest.com/public/...tanejo_map.asp

Old 06-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #524
Bev1016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I sucked the marrow and Jenna threw the murse!
In my mind and heart, this is now the name of your trip report.

I'm off to look at the link to your resort!
09/07: Big family trip to POFQ
12/08: CSR with the Bean!
Me: DH: Yoda:

Old 06-09-2009, 01:43 AM   #525
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:

So what, big deal, I licked it. It was my phone in my pocket. I own it. I am sure most of you have had worse near your tongue. Now let's move on!

:

reminds me of some friends of mine, husband and wife, and they won't drink from the same cup...my comment is I'm sure you've shared worse.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: