Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009, 01:12 AM   #496
Bev1016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Poor baby Where did he get strep?
We're not sure. He was on antibiotics for an ear infection most of the time we were in DL, and he hadn't been in day care for a week because we were in California. Based on our calculations, there was about a three-day window where he could have gotten infected.

I hope you're enjoying the storm! I usually enjoy summer storms, as long as I can stay inside and the power doesn't go out.
09/07: Big family trip to POFQ
12/08: CSR with the Bean!
Me: DH: Yoda:

Old 06-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #497
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev1016 View Post
We're not sure. He was on antibiotics for an ear infection most of the time we were in DL, and he hadn't been in day care for a week because we were in California. Based on our calculations, there was about a three-day window where he could have gotten infected. `

I am glad he's feeling better now. It's so sad when they are sick.

Quote:
I hope you're enjoying the storm! I usually enjoy summer storms, as long as I can stay inside and the power doesn't go out.

The storm was awesome and we kept power. I am crisis today for the ER and am there now. I predict being busy with this weather.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #498
jenna
DIS Veteran

Hi everybody!

I'm working on my update right now!

Married in WDW at the Wedding Pavilion- May 22, 1996
Old 06-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #499
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Hi everybody!

I'm working on my update right now!

Yay!

Old 06-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #500
jenna
DIS Veteran

Jenna's point of view for our Epcot day:

We woke up early in order to make rope drop as Jenny said. And we were ready!! We were on time! We were an hour late. We all got a chuckle out of that one, but figured what could we do, let's go to Soarin' for FP. The wait wasn't too long for Soarin' so we got in the stand-by line after we got our FP's. Now, I've never ridden Soarin' before. I know, I know.....it's one of everybody's favorite rides. But, I'm a chicken, remember?! I'm terrified of heights. Up to this point, I could lean on the crutch of Emma being too small to ride and had no interest in doing the baby swap. But as we learned the day before when she went on Star Tours, she was now over 40" and a whole new world of rides opened up to her! So I sucked it up and got in line, all along cringing at the warnings about how people with fear of heights, motion sickness, etc shouldn't ride.

Now, I've heard that the third row doesn't go as high as the others so I figured I'd hold out for a third row. When we got up to the loading lanes, everyone got front row which is supposedly the best since you don't see feet in front of you. Luckily there were 12 of us and since each row only seats 10, 2 of us had to sit in the second row. I volunteered and Nate agreed to babysit me. I wasn't thrilled that it was still the second row, but closed my eyes & hoped for the best. I opened them to find myself sailing over the Golden Gate bridge and promptly closed them again. By the end of the ride I had them only half closed and had loosened the death grip on Nate. I still think he may have some fingernail marks in his arm. I did love the pine & orange smells and find myself missing that now.

Back on solid ground, we headed over to Nemo. Before riding, we hung around outside by the gulls while Jenny & Tracy ran in to the restroom. The kids were pin trading with nearby cast members (and each other) and Keith, Nate & I were chatting. Behind me a woman had slipped and fallen (my back was turned) so all of a sudden I saw Nate run over leaving Keith in mid-sentence. Nate felt bad that he just ran off while you were talking, Keith. He hoped you didn't think he was rude. Anyhow, the woman had really twisted her ankle and her tendon popped. Nate was grossed out and tracked down Michael the paramedic to take over. We alerted the cast member to get help. Jenny & Tracy had returned and with help on the way, we rode Nemo. After Nemo & Turtle Talk with Crush, we hit Spaceship Earth and there was actually a line for it!

After SE, Michael ran and got FP's for Test Track. We headed over to World Showcase for some lunch. Jenny's gang was in the mood for Mexican, but my stomach couldn't handle that today. We decided China was close & we'd eat at the Lotus Blossom. Keith recommended the orange chicken which I had and it was delish! Nate had the beef noodle soup bowl which was also very good! And for dessert, the caramel ginger ice cream was definetely worth the calories. At this point, we finished up & I texted Keith to find up where to meet. Jenny didn't have her cell phone so I couldn't track her down. We headed to Mexico to see if they were there, but on our way we stopped for a pic & autograph with Mulan. I swore we took a picture, but I can't find it anywhere. Jenny's gang wasn't in sight at Mexico & we thought they might have gone into ride the boat ride. I texted Keith again and didn't hear anything. I guess at that point, Keith & Michael had gone to rent the stroller and Jenny, Tracy & the kids came to China to find us. When we finally met up, we started off to tour some more
of World Showcase. My kids started with their melt-down....."Dad, I thought you were taking us swimming today." So to avoid a scene, we decide to head back to OKW for a swim. On our way out, we stopped at Club Cool for some refreshments. The kids love getting "soda-drunk" as they call it. Then they wanted ice cream.

Got back to the room, changed, and headed to the big pool. I decided to check out the fitness room since I decide that I can still try to lose weight on vacation. Nate took the kids in the pool and I did 45 minutes on the treadmill. Funny, but I was the only one in there.
I jumped in the pool to cool off and it felt good. I took a turn down the slide and then watched the kids while Nate did the slide. I wasn't in the pool more than 10 minutes when the sky started looking very threatening. All of a sudden the wind picked up, thunder rumbled & the lifeguards cleared the pool. We made it to the car just in time for the downpour. Jenny had texted me that they were back in the room napping so I threatened the kids not to make any noise when we got back to the room.

After a shower & change of clothes it was off to Epcot for dinner. Now my kids & Jenny's gang were raring to go so Jenny said they would take them while I finished getting ready. The deluge of rain had stopped at that point, so the boys weren't wearing their ponchos. Jenny texted me that they didn't have them while they were waiting for the bus. I was taking them
out as the bus was leaving. Nate & I drove over to Epcot and then went to meet everyone at the front. The downpour started up again & Nate went to meet the bus so the kids could have their ponchos. What he didn't realize was the bus drops off at any stop. He went all the way over to the OKW stop and was waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Now, I would have called him, but his cell phone was in his murse which he had given me to hold. Jenny's gang came over to me and I asked if Nate had met them. By the obvious drowned-rat condition of my kids, he didn't. By this time, we would have to run to make our dinner ressie at Marrakesh. I knew Jenny was getting upset & she had Keith & Tracy head over to check in. Nate finally showed back up, and which point I was boiling over. I may not show it often, but I have quite a temper. Time for my melt-down of the day. Nate & I had a few choice words with each other, I threw his murse on the ground, and stormed off. I had my room key but not my ticket or the car keys. I figured I'd just take the bus back to the room. Nate called me & said they needed us to check in also. He met me to give me my ticket & started off to make Marrakesh. He walks faster so he went ahead. I made sure he got to Marrakesh and checked in with everyone. They got seated, but I stayed out in World Showcase trying to cool down a bit. It helped that Keith & Jenny were texting me about Keith & Michael putting ones in each others
pants. I finally joined them, but was too upset to eat. The waiter did bring me a plate of desserts though. I don't think Nate & I spoke much that night. It was a pleasant evening at Epcot & we went back to Future World to ride more. While everyone was riding Test Track, Tracy and I went back over to ride Soarin' again. She was gracious enough to ride in the second row with me. The cast member thought we were nuts bypassing the available first row seats. I was able to handle keeping my eyes open this time. Everyone except Nate had headed back to the room already, but Nate waited for Tracy & I to drive us back. We dropped her off at her room and went back to ours. The adults sat on the balcony enjoying some adult beverages while the kids played the Playstation inside.

Last edited by jenna; 06-08-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: forgot the color
Old 06-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #501
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Hellooooo there, pure hunners of blethering going on guys.

I'm probaby going to miss out things here but hey ho.

Emily for the wee man, hope he's feeling better soon

Keith go for it with extra points, you know you want to.

Jenny, nae luck doll being stuck working crisis hope it's quiet for you.

Cherie, you know the best vaca would be to go to WDW at the beginning of Aug, you could link your hormonal teenager with mine and we could party with Jenna....go on get your Scottish donkey in gear and get it booked

I've been a tad busy past few days so please excuse me if I'm not keeping up with the cool kid chat, just counting down the next three weeks 'til school finishes up for summer and I can relax a wee bit
Old 06-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #502
jenna
DIS Veteran

Busing it to Epcot.....Yay Rope Drop!

Josh & Chris always liked to be in the front:

Was Chloe trying to talk her way out of trouble?

Keith & Gab:

Chris & Jon at Norway:

Getting soda-drunk:

Chris & his Mickey bar:

Old 06-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #503
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
Cherie, you know the best vaca would be to go to WDW at the beginning of Aug, you could link your hormonal teenager with mine and we could party with Jenna....go on get your Scottish donkey in gear and get it booked
I would love to go to disneyworld, but my budget can't afford getting my scottish donkey on a plane, not to mention the other 5 I'd have to take with me.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #504
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet

Chloe does look like she had some 'splainin to do in that picture!

The popped tendon almost made me loose my breakfast.....just thinking about it.

It's too bad you didn't realy get to enjoy marrakesh. it's one of my favorites, we skipped it last time and we all wished we hadn't.

I have to admit that I chuckled when you said you droped his murse on the ground and walked away........I don't think many women could say that.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #505
Bev1016
DIS Veteran

Great update, Jenna!
Sorry it had its rough patches though. But I'm glad you made it on Soarin'. It's one of my top 3 rides, and if there was a way for me to build one and put it in my garage, I'd do it!

I love getting "soda drunk" at Club Cool!

Kirsteen: Thanks for the well wishes! I think is doing much better, but he's still a little fussy.

Have a great day everyone!
09/07: Big family trip to POFQ
12/08: CSR with the Bean!
Me: DH: Yoda:

Old 06-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #506
jenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Chloe does look like she had some 'splainin to do in that picture!

The popped tendon almost made me loose my breakfast.....just thinking about it.

It's too bad you didn't realy get to enjoy marrakesh. it's one of my favorites, we skipped it last time and we all wished we hadn't.

I have to admit that I chuckled when you said you droped his murse on the ground and walked away........I don't think many women could say that.
I don't think many woman could! I can laugh about it now but I was furious then! I really would have like to have hit him with it!

I think I would have enjoyed the food at Marrakesh.....desset was certainly good!

I forgot to add the part about Nate getting grossed out at dinner. Jenny was sucking the marrow out of the bones. She said it's the best part. I don't have pictures but Keith & Tracy might......

Old 06-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #507
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Great update Jenna, sorry you had a wee barney with Nate but it sounds like you'd made it up by the end of the night with a wee swalley on the balcony so all good.

Well done on going on Soarin', I love that ride it feels amazingly free

Och Cherie you're banter's so good you can't blame a girl for trying, I'd just love to experience it in person some time
Old 06-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #508
rentayenta

Great update! I forgot that was your first time Soarin'. I added the title and link to the table of contents but you should edit your title because
you flew baybee!!!!!!

Chloe does look like she's getting a talking to. I also forgot this was the day that Michael helped that raggy RN who fell in front of Nemo and the morning I peed like 500x.

Love the pictures but it just makes me miss everyone SO much.

A wee barney? Diggin' it Kirsteen!

And "yay rope drop"? And I was so proud of us for getting there early.

Your kids were quiet as mice because we didn't even hear you guys come back.

Our balcony at the OKW was heavenly! Seriously, I love that place!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #509
feet1
Mouseketeer

LOVE LOVE LOVE the TR so far! Can't wait for more!

1984 (I was 9) - off site 1989 - off site 1992 -CBR 2006 - POFQ 2007 - WL
Sept 19-27 2013 POFQ

Old 06-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #510
winkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
I don't think many woman could! I can laugh about it now but I was furious then! I really would have like to have hit him with it!

I think I would have enjoyed the food at Marrakesh.....desset was certainly good!

I forgot to add the part about Nate getting grossed out at dinner. Jenny was sucking the marrow out of the bones. She said it's the best part. I don't have pictures but Keith & Tracy might......
I can see the headline now.................woman arrested for asaulting husband with his murse....

The baklava at marakesh is my dh's favorite. he normally doesn't get that excited about food but I laugh hysterically when he eats it because he has the same facial expression as.......well, another time.

sucking the marrow out of the bones???
I can hardly eat chicken off the bone, I always stop eating before it gets to it otherwise it grosses me out!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: