Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

I scream... you scream... we all scream for DISNEY WORLD!!! May 09TR new update 9.19

We are back from a WONDERFUL week in Disney! We got a lot done and A LOT of great memories. We rode everything we wanted to get done, and even saw the space shuttle launch! We stayed off site this time for the first time in 4 trips, and decided we will not be staying off site again. It was a big hassle being dependent on the car, and not having the luxury to get back to the hotel so easily. Anywhoo... without furthur ado... let me introduce you to the cast.

First off me!

I''m Leanne a 22 year old lover and fanatic of all things disney!!! I was the planner of this trip, and was very pleased with how the trip went. DM and I had already started planning our next trip before we left. DH said by far this trip was better than the last b/c there was structure and not what are we going to do now, what about now, like the last trip that mom planned (not to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT lol) Mom agreed with him as well.

Up Next... DH

Tim a 27 year old coming to find the love of disney! He suprises me more and more everyday by how much he loves disney more and more. the closer we get to starting our own family, the more he loves it. He found a new love for animal kingdom this year. He propsed on the last trip, so he said he didn't enjoy the parks to much b/c he was so stressed (I can't imagine why he would be lol) He can't wait til he are a family of three and go to disney. He really enoyed being there and seeing all the baby gear. He is a gadget gooro, and likes to fiddle with things all the time!

And next.. Mom

DMom-63 is definetly liking Disney more and more since I dis and find out all the neat little things. She said she can't believe all the trips they have taken and never knew about how many little details that go into making disney so magical. She has already started planning the next trip for December 2011 and staying at BLT or contempoary depending upon if we can trade into DVC through RCI.

And Last but not least... dear old Dad!

DDad-67.This is the man responsible for my love of disney!!! I am definetly a daddy's girl! Always have been, always will be!!! Can't wait to make him a grandfather. My brother is 15 years older than me, and when his kids we little they lived in germany. He is in the military. The closest they've been to us is 5 hours and that was only for 2 years when they were 13 and 14. They never got to experience the spoiling factor of being grandparents as we don't see them more than a couple times per year. He is also very exctied for our next trip. It will be our first time at christmas. We have always gone in july and august until our last trip in 07 which was in March and this past trip was May. We are SOOO Excited!!!

And just for fun... our precious little girl that had to be left at home

Sorry I couldn't pick just one
Bella-2 year old Springer Spaniel. She is so very rotten!!! She stayed with DH parent's for the week, and had a good time, but seemed to be very happy when we were home.

Up next... Day 1.1 And we're off!!!

Last edited by Leleluvsdis; 09-19-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Signing on for more! I often say that trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation. Thanks for your contribution to my sanity.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I also meant to say that I totally understand the hassle of staying offsite. I won't ever do it again unless that's the ONLY way we can go to WDW.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Ohh...Very excited to hear more

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
Old 05-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #5
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Signing on for more! I often say that trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation. Thanks for your contribution to my sanity.
Thanks! I completely understand reading the trip reports. I like reading them to get ideas for our next trip, and your welcome for my contribution
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I also meant to say that I totally understand the hassle of staying offsite. I won't ever do it again unless that's the ONLY way we can go to WDW.
It was a hassle. It was nice b/c all we had to pay was transfer fee for RCI, but not have disney transport, EMH, etc. it was very much a pain in the badonk. We didn't realize how tiring it would be, and how much we really did use the EMH when we were on site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Ohh...Very excited to hear more
Thanks for joining!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Day 1.1 And we're off

So this is going to be a very brief update as I have to pictures.

We had planned to leave around 6pm when everyone got off work on Thursday. We left as planned!!! Tim and I got to Mom and Dad about 5:30pm quickly packed our luggage into their van, set the address on the navigation for the hotel we were staying at in Savannah, GA, and we were off.

First let me back up... I had earlier dropped Bella at DH parents who were keeping her for the week. I must say she made this trip very hard to leave First off I took the suitcase out and laid it on the bed open, went out of the room to get our cloths and returned to find Bella sitting in the suitcase Talk about guilt trip!!! I do have a picture of this, but it's on my phone, so I'll post later. Then, when I took her to DH parent's house, I cried when I left, b/c of this... normally when bella is tired, or wants to cuddle she will jump up and push her paws on you hands, and you pick her up and she will snuggle in. If we've been gone for a while she'll give a hug, and nestle her chin into your neck. I don't have a picture of the exact moment, but of one from several months ago.

Well sure enough I went to leave and give her a kiss on the head like I always do, and she wants to be picked up She tucked her legs into me, and snuggled so tight Then comes the lump in my throat, and the thoughts of... we can take her... we'll put her in the kennel at disney and we can go see her whenever we want... that it... oh wait... we can't have her at the hotel Thursday night I guess we much leave her. Then as if she can read my mind, she raises her head and gives me a big ol' lick up my cheek and across my nose and chin, gets down, gets her stuffie, and lays down and watches me leave Oh I just love her!!! But rest assured, DH and I checked out the kennel situation while we were there this trip, and she will be coming with us next trip!!!
Anywhoo... on with the trip... uckuhm... We stayed at the wingate savannah, ga as we had plans to eat at paula deans friday afternoon. I wish I would have taken pictures, but it was a little about 2am when we finally got to the hotel, so needless to say, it was not at the top of my priority list Sorry! That's about it for Thurday
Up next... Day 2.1 We're puttin some south in our Mouth!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:32 AM   #7
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Day 2.1 We're puttin' south in our mouth!!!

We got up Friday morning, and I was too excited to Paula Deans and puttin' some south in my mouth!!! WOOT WOOT so again no pictures Anywhoo... we have no problems finding it and it was more then I imagined. We got the buffet. I wish I would have gotten and entree off the menu as it was more her special recipies, but oh well it was still good. The one thing I really liked, is how they put mint in their tea... it made it really refreshing ahhhh!!! And on with the pictures
When we got there we got a resi for 11am and it was 10:30. We went across the street to the sidewalk like we were told, and waited to be called. Time to eat!!!

Yes that is a real bell he's ring while he's hollering COOOOMMMMMEEEEE AAANNNDDDD GGGEEETTT IIIITTTTT!!!!!!!

Pictures of the resturant

Then we were seated

And we got cheese biscuits and hoecakes

And that's all the pictures I have b/c we we're SOOO hungry. I had a hard time getting pics of our food on this trip. We did a lot of resturants we hadn't done before so we were so excited!!!
Up next... Day 2.2 Are we there yet? How bout now? or now?

Last edited by Leleluvsdis; 06-08-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:10 AM   #8
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Are we there yet?................. Love the report so far.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 05-26-2009, 04:54 AM   #9
MEK
DIS Veteran

I woke up super early this morning and found your TR. Really enjoying the start of it! My stomach was starting growl in anticipation of some food pics. What a tease!

Your dog looks so sweet. No wonder you had trouble leaving her.

Looking forward to more!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I've taken a break the last couple days... life has gotten VERY crazy!!! We had to put my 15yo pound puppy down last friday, worked all weekend, memorial Day came and then went even faster, rained tuesday so we tryed to watch mall cop that we had gotten on monday only to find out our big screen that has been on it's last leg for a while, but hopeing to make it a couple more months, will no longer play movies, unless you like the black and white type, or the nothing but sounds type, back to work wednesday, but not before DH cleans the gutters out to find out we have a hole in our roof over our front porch that has rotted through 2 layers of shingles, roof paper, and sheeting. So that's my week, and he're my checkbook... cha-ching cha-ching cha-ching... and now me ugh what a week!!! Anywhoo... I will try and post an update tomarrow, I would now, but I'm at work and don't have my pics... See ya tomarrow!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #11
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your puppy. You have had a very busy week, maybe you can rest on the weekend and catch up here.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 06-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #12
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

ERRRR... so I was going to so an update, but when I got on my page I saw where my photobook cleaning yesterday messed up my pictures. Let me see if I can fix them...
Old 06-04-2009, 01:27 AM   #13
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Day 2.2 Are we there yet? How bout? and now?

Ok so... I don't feel like fixing the rest of the pictures right now, I'll work on it tomarrow... anywhoo

I left off at the second part of day 2

After we left Paula Dean's we only had 5 hours to drive, but I swear it was longer than the 7 we had driven Thursday night, or so it seemed to take much MUCH longer.

Then DH did a little of this

Then we started to get a little goofy, or DH did after a little sugar and a nap

Much better

So then we finally saw these

Then I saw this

We are oh so close!!!

I can't remember where this was, but I liked it.

And then we FINALLY pulled in the resort

We didn't hit much traffic and overall had good timing. Sorry this is mostly pictures, but it was a very boring afternoon

Up next Day 2.3 The best sandwiches in all of WDW... Earl of Sandwich!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #14
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Hi Leanne! I found your TR. Looks like you're off to a great start! Can't wait to see more.

P.S. Sorry you had to put your puppy down too. Sounds like the first weeks back from the trip are shaping up like mine. Hopefully it's all over and we get movin' on with good/fun stuff.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 06-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #15
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Those road signs are always so much fun to see. I love the big Mickey head, I have never seen it. When I saw the picture of the bridge my knees went weak. I am TERRIFIED of high bridges, I almost have a full blown panic attack when we have to cross one. Anyway, keep it coming

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: