Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
andeesings
Mouseketeer

Surprise Anniversary Dessert Party

So actually this is a good question you gals might actually have the answer to-- my parents' 40th anniversary is this year- we all love Disney it's very special to all of us. I wanted to throw them a surprise dessert party on a THURSDAY night (September 25th 2014). But we also have a teeny guest count- 6, possibly 11 as I'm not sure if my cousin is coming with her family. Do you know where I might be able to have it with that small a guest count and what the minimums are?

And can we even have the dessert party on the weeknight? It's only Fridays and Saturdays that are blocked off, right?
Old 02-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Yes, and only *some* Saturdays, and only during Food & Wine (granted, it lasts like half the year now...).

Definitely tell them you have 10 or more people—they are getting less and less interested in helping very small groups. UK Pubside fits 10 but can be tricky to convince them is really an option. Japan's Bonsai Terrace fits 10. There are small viewing areas in France, Norway, Canada and Morocco that they usually recommend for groups under 20. I would not accept Africa or China if they suggest them—terrible views.

For these smaller locations you're looking at venue fees of $100-$250 and food and beverage minimums of $230-$460, plus a $12.95 viewing fee for anyone who doesn't have park admission.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

What phone number do you call to book something like that? I'm in a similar situation and would love to do something special for my parents 35th anniversary. We are also a small group of 12 or so.

mjaclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #4
lurkyloo

It's 321-939-7278. I have a section of my site with tons of info on planning private non-wedding events at Walt Disney World HERE.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
It's 321-939-7278. I have a section of my site with tons of info on planning private non-wedding events at Walt Disney World HERE.
Yes, this site has loads of helpful information and is always updated with the latest etc.

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:01 PM   #6
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

Thank you!! That's great!!

mjaclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

My piece of advice is to call Disney NOW to reserve a location-you would be amazed at how quickly they fill up & its good to be able to have options.

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #8
andeesings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocatz View Post
My piece of advice is to call Disney NOW to reserve a location-you would be amazed at how quickly they fill up & its good to be able to have options.
Thank you!! I just don't know how many people I have yet and we don't have hotel reservations. Won't they not allow you to book if you don't have at least 50% of guests staying on property?

I know we've got at least eight people- but I have no idea about additional folks, and my parents (who the surprise is for) refuse to book until they find out of there's a free dining offer for fall. :-/
Old 03-08-2014, 05:59 AM   #9
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeesings View Post
Thank you!! I just don't know how many people I have yet and we don't have hotel reservations. Won't they not allow you to book if you don't have at least 50% of guests staying on property?

I know we've got at least eight people- but I have no idea about additional folks, and my parents (who the surprise is for) refuse to book until they find out of there's a free dining offer for fall. :-/
Not sure, but it is certainly worth calling to find out! We booked ours 11 months out & we only had one DP location to choose from at that point, so we grabbed it! I was floored that there was only one location left for our party size (around 50 guests)! We did have ours on a Saturday night & it was about a week & a half before Christmas, but I have heard that other nights fill up relatively quickly.

Remember you can always book a hotel & if free dining comes out, you can easily re-book the reservation. My travel agent does that for us all the time

Old 03-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #10
andeesings
Mouseketeer

I called catered events! They took down all of my information and said they'd be calling back.

I don't even know what locations to SUGGEST as I think we will be about fifteen people. I'd like to have chairs for people to sit to enjoy the fireworks.

And the FOOD! Ack! The only thing I know I want is school bread! What other fun delicious things have people asked for and gotten?! Any photos of tasty treats??

This is FUN. I don't know how you brides make all these tough decisions!! ;-)
Old 03-10-2014, 03:40 PM   #11
andeesings
Mouseketeer

So the only places they're offering me for my group size are Parisian Point and Viking's Landing. Vikings Landing seems to have a good view, but I don't love the location- mostly because I can't SEE it. Only the view is showing on Carrie's page.

I also don't see anything on Parisian Point. Are there any oh her options for around 15 guests I should ask about? Also. Do all of these locations have the $250 venue fee or are some more or less?
Old 03-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #12
andeesings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeesings View Post
So the only places they're offering me for my group size are Parisian Point and Viking's Landing. Vikings Landing seems to have a good view, but I don't love the location- mostly because I can't SEE it. Only the view is showing on Carrie's page. I also don't see anything on Parisian Point. Are there any oh her options for around 15 guests I should ask about? Also. Do all of these locations have the $250 venue fee or are some more or less?
. I'm an idiot, I see Parisian Point. It looks like Vikings Landing would be far preferable to that... But I just wonder if there are other options. I know they're not likely to go crazy for a group of 15, but I'm just trying to get something nice!
Old 03-10-2014, 04:29 PM   #13
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeesings
. I'm an idiot, I see Parisian Point. It looks like Vikings Landing would be far preferable to that... But I just wonder if there are other options. I know they're not likely to go crazy for a group of 15, but I'm just trying to get something nice!
The smaller venues are standing room only. You might be able to ask for a few small tables, but I believe that's all they offer for smaller venues.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #14
andeesings
Mouseketeer

I don't want tables- only chairs. They told me they could set them up at Vikings Landing, so that's good. But who knows. Turns out they had my date wrong.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #15
lurkyloo

Viking's Landing has benches at it. You might ask about Canada Terrace or French Island Arm/Rue de Paris, though its view is not super-great either. Every venue has its own venue-rental fee and food and beverage minimum.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: