Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #2731
spokanemom
DIS Veteran

I am so happy to hear of everyone getting ready to begin their vacation.

I have 6.5 more hours of work.

I have stuff to do now that I was not able to get done last night. No power = no vacuuming, no dishwasher, no clothes washer and although I could have dusted, dusting by candle light is NOT my idea of fun.

It's my DH's birthday today. I am more excited to work my last 6.5 hours than for his birthday today! Poor DH...

Everyone have safe travels. Have a wonderful weekend. See you all Tuesday!

One child makes you a parent. Two children makes you a referee.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #2732
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

The furbabies and their treats, toys & blankets are at the kennel ( we tell them that they're going to camp )

I just finished printing out our boarding passes for our flights tomorrow

I have 4 hours of work left and then a quick stop to find a couple pairs of long pants to take - the nights sound like they will be quite cool.

when I get home I will make a few packing adjustments - nix the sundress - add long pants & a sweater, etc etc

Then a quick manicure & pedicure before settling down with a nice glass of Reisling. Of course I won't get to bed til later than I hope ( always happens )
then we have to get up super early - our cab to the airport arrives at 4:45am

We land at Long Beach airport @ 12:45pm ( California time ) and then a hopefully short drive to Huntington Beach.
Let the picture taking begin

BTW - for those of you who might over-do it on your memory cards for your cameras - I have a 12 in 1 USB card reader and I will have my laptop with me. If worse comes to worse you're more than welcome to download your cards onto my computer to free up a card or two

Everyone travel safe -

See you all soon

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
Old 04-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #2733
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Our car for the airport leaves at 4:45 a.m. too, Marilee, only on Monday. Crazy! Our plane is scheduled to land at LAX at 8:35 a.m. Our bodies are going to be so confused about the time, I have a feeling we'll be really tired at that point. (Neither of us is good at sleeping on the plane.) I'm hoping that we are lucky enough to get early check-in at the Renaissance. (Kevin requested it for us - reminding me that it's only a request, not a guarantee.)

I have about 4 hours left here at work today, then luckily I have the weekend to complete my tasks around the house and pack. I also plan to do some more "resting and drinking fluids."

It's been said already, but it's almost hard to imagine that it's actually finally TIME for this to happen. After almost a year of planning and posting here, we will all actually be together in the same place by Tuesday evening for our welcome dinner. I am so looking forward to seeing my dear friends who I already know and meeting those of you who I've not met previously.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #2734
spokanemom
DIS Veteran

It's only 10:30. Oh this day is d r a g g i n g!!!!

I want to be done with work. I am hoping that once I am outta here, it will feel more like vacation has started.

Monday at 5:30 am as I head to the airport for my 7:15 am flight, it will REALLY seem like vacation!

Old 04-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #2735
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

I've started the travel process!!! Finding clothes I forgot I had - still searching for an appropriate jacket - uploading pictures to clear off my memory cards - going to the bank and pharmacy - deciding if I really need that extra pair of shoes - prinitng off flight information - trying to figure out how to prepay for a checked bag so I can save a few dollars.

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Old 04-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #2736
tardis1029
First trip in'73 and still going strong!

Such excitement ! We're all packed - even the Carry on's, working from home had it's advantage this week for me ... Our trip tomorrow also begins at 4:45am - 7 am flight out of Nwk to LAX at 10 ish or 1 ish !! something like that, then over to Long Beach. John has to work late tonight : ( so when he get's home he will take care of the last minute details and then it's dinner out at our local sushi rest. Maybe an extra glass of Plum wine will make the time will pass quicker !! See everyone soon - Travel Safe . Micki

Old 04-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #2737
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

WAHOO!!!!!!! Even though I don't leave until Tuesday morning, all the imminent departures make me feel like my trip is starting too!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #2738
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

WORK IS DONE! WORK COMPUTER IS OFF!

Nails are done

Boarding passes are printed

Let the commence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post
BTW - for those of you who might over-do it on your memory cards for your cameras - I have a 12 in 1 USB card reader and I will have my laptop with me. If worse comes to worse you're more than welcome to download your cards onto my computer to free up a card or two

Everyone travel safe -

See you all soon
This makes me feel soooo much better! Thanks!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #2739
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

The schedule for F&W is finally posted:

http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/med...hedule2010.pdf

It is exciting to see my event listed (Cheese and Wine Pairing with Barrie Lynn, the Cheese Impresario, on May 14, 15 and 16.) It's delightful to know I'll be going back so soon after our ABD trip, and to anticipate taking part in the festival from backstage.

Last edited by Circusgirl; 04-09-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #2740
Carolinagal

Mouseketeer

Wooohooo!! travel safe everyone!!

Due to circumstances that keep me employed, I am working Monday rather than taking the day off as I should have. So, I am fighting hard to keep my "Disney brain" at arms length at least past the weekend. I am thinking of you all packing and arranging, and some who have even arrived already!

I am catching the first flight our Tuesday and should arrive around by 11:00, and I can't wait to meet you all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441

Merrilee - thank you so much for the kind offer!! I am dithering about picking up another stick, but c'mon! I have 32gig already - surely that is enough! (Warning ya'll again - I take a LOT of pictures!)

Chris - I don't envy your long trip back from Singapore, but can't wait to meet you and hear about your travels! Good luck with the flights!

Karen - can't wait to meet you gal! We're gonna have some fun!

Tracy - I hope they find and return your ID!!

Dodie - glad to hear you are feeling better

All - Safe travels and see you soon!!

Visit my Disney blog HERE
Old 04-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #2741
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey

I think I just about have everything wrapped up here at work and can officially scoot outta here and start vacation!!!

Safe travels ABDers and see you all in California!

- Bill

Old 04-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #2742
kab407
Still embarrassed by her mom and the "verandah" incident

I am home!!!

Laundry is in.

Paying final bills (including income tax)

Getting all camera stuff and electronics stuff together

Update the iPod and download this weeks Podcast

and I think I'm going to pour myself a glass of wine and find something for dinner.

Tomorrow check the LA weather and decide what to pack.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #2743
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Charging all of the electronics (cameras, video, Kindle, netbook, Phillip's iPod, etc.) now.

I agree with Kathy about the weather forecast. I think I'll check it tomorrow before I start deciding what clothes to bring. Laundry will need to be done regardless.

However, since I walked out of work 2 hours ago - I consider myself to be ON VACATION!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #2744
spokanemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
However, since I walked out of work 2 hours ago - I consider myself to be ON VACATION!
I am gone from work as well, as of 1 hour ago. I count that as vacation!

Old 04-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #2745
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

I just got home from work, didn't get too much done today. I was bouncing off the walls with excitement this afternoon!

Now it's on to packing!

Jason
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: