Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #2701
slapwhitey

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccormick View Post
I recall that a few of us are doing the 5-hour WB tour on Monday 4/12. Because of some other things we are looking to do, I'll have a car that day and should have at least two empty seats for the ride over and back. Just let me know.
We are going on that tour as well. We were planning to just hop in a cab as it seems relatively nearby. If room is still available a lift would be greatly appreciated but if you're full no harm done. We'll see you at WB.

Chris
Old 04-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #2702
tickledtink33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab407 View Post
You know I'll help! Who knows what trouble a certain First Sargeant will get into when left with me for an afternoon.
Especially since his outfit will be sparkly.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #2703
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman752 View Post
Is it because at your place of employment there is but one person named Bill?

So true!

- Bill

Old 04-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #2704
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya2426 View Post
I'm sooo excited the first wave of Flatties have arrived at their destinations!!!!

This is how the ABD Flatties will work. There are roughly 48 Flatties all attired in undies and shoes. They will have different outfits for different days, as we see fit.

This is where our fellow ABD Adventurers come in - we need your help. Dodie, Anna and I will distribute the Flatties to those who are willing, able, and shanghaied in to participating each morning - probably at breakfast or the night before. You can take as many pictures of the Flatties as you want in as many various locations as you choose. If you want to trade Flatties with someone during the day, then have at it. There are no hard and fast rules. The goal is to have fun with our DIS friends who weren't able to join us on the trip. Some Flatties will get more picture time than others - it is inevitable - but the goal is that each Flattie will see a little bit of our ABD trip.
I'd be most happy to assist with the "Flattie Brigade"

I don't have a smartphone, but I will have my little Sony cybershot camera with me with a memory card - I'll have my laptop with me too ( yes I have workto do while I'm there ) I will be able to download the memory card to my Photobucket account and then post to the boards if that will work.

This sounds like fun - i can't remember the last time I got to play with "paper dolls" -

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
Old 04-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #2705
katscradle
Left a special sweetness for many PCers in their FEs on the PCC#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
Since two platoons of the army of ABD flatties are scheduled to arrive at various points across the country today, I think it's time for us to open a thread on the Podcast Board for Live Photos and Updates from the DIS Backstage Magic ABD Trip. Several of us have Facebook and the ability to post pictures quickly and we have lots of friends who are willing to link to those pictures.

Now we just need someone to start it. Anyone in particular feel the need to do so? I know that one of the flattie platoons has arrived at its destination in Colorado and, according to UPS, a second platoon is inside the front storm door of a certain house in Indianapolis.

By the way - there will be more flatties on this trip than there will be actual adventurers. I hope some of you with smart phones and a Facebook account are willing to take on some flattie responsibilities once we reach California!

Oh - and - TONYA ROCKS!!! (and I think I need a Cricut).
TONYA ROCKS!!!

I agree 100%
2007-POR AND FW CABINS
2008-POR-AND BOUGHT DVC @ BLT!!
2009-MAY-PODCAST CRUISE AND SSR
2009-DEC-BLT FIRST TRIP HOME
Old 04-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #2706
katscradle
Left a special sweetness for many PCers in their FEs on the PCC#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya2426 View Post
I'm sooo excited the first wave of Flatties have arrived at their destinations!!!!

This is how the ABD Flatties will work. There are roughly 48 Flatties all attired in undies and shoes. They will have different outfits for different days, as we see fit.

This is where our fellow ABD Adventurers come in - we need your help. Dodie, Anna and I will distribute the Flatties to those who are willing, able, and shanghaied in to participating each morning - probably at breakfast or the night before. You can take as many pictures of the Flatties as you want in as many various locations as you choose. If you want to trade Flatties with someone during the day, then have at it. There are no hard and fast rules. The goal is to have fun with our DIS friends who weren't able to join us on the trip. Some Flatties will get more picture time than others - it is inevitable - but the goal is that each Flattie will see a little bit of our ABD trip.
Very cool and you know I am in and I am sure we can shanghaie John into helping!
2007-POR AND FW CABINS
2008-POR-AND BOUGHT DVC @ BLT!!
2009-MAY-PODCAST CRUISE AND SSR
2009-DEC-BLT FIRST TRIP HOME
Old 04-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #2707
spokanemom
DIS Veteran

Are any of you going to be around for chat tonight? Just wondering if I should head home after work or go to Costco. :-)
Old 04-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #2708
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

If we do have chat tonight, I won't be there. I'm going to put my jammies on, drink some hot tea (with a shot of Jack Daniels in it Kathy), and try to get some rest - WILLING myself well!

Have fun!
Old 04-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #2709
tickledtink33
DIS Veteran

Didn't Kevin say that last weeks chat would be our last before the Adventure?

Old 04-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #2710
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickledtink33 View Post
Didn't Kevin say that last weeks chat would be our last before the Adventure?
He came back later and said that Alex would be opening it up for us if we wanted to use it. He said he wouldn't be able to join but we were free to.

- Bill

Old 04-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #2711
cocowum
Have will cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab407 View Post
You know I'll help! Who knows what trouble a certain First Sargeant will get into when left with me for an afternoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Down, Kitty. Down!
Hopefully, not too much trouble...

Old 04-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #2712
Launchpad11B
DW thinks he's a Manly Man

"Excuse me, can I have your autograph Mr. Incredible?...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocowum View Post
Hopefully, not too much trouble...

That's my girl!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #2713
macman752
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
Since two platoons of the army of ABD flatties are scheduled to arrive at various points across the country today, I think it's time for us to open a thread on the Podcast Board for Live Photos and Updates from the DIS Backstage Magic ABD Trip. Several of us have Facebook and the ability to post pictures quickly and we have lots of friends who are willing to link to those pictures.

Now we just need someone to start it. Anyone in particular feel the need to do so? I know that one of the flattie platoons has arrived at its destination in Colorado and, according to UPS, a second platoon is inside the front storm door of a certain house in Indianapolis.

By the way - there will be more flatties on this trip than there will be actual adventurers. I hope some of you with smart phones and a Facebook account are willing to take on some flattie responsibilities once we reach California!

Oh - and - TONYA ROCKS!!! (and I think I need a Cricut).
Dodie,

Sally and I will be happy to take a flattie or two along on the adventure. We don't do facebook but I will be uploading our iPhone pictures to my flickr feed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave33770

Please feel free to post this link on the thread you just opened.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #2714
spokanemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokanemom;
Are any of you going to be around for chat tonight? Just wondering if I should head home after work or go to Costco. :-)
So, no chat for me either. I got home to no power. We are having terrible wind storms and the power is out in various places all over the city. Thank goodness for my iPhone. I can at least have a little outside world for awhile, until my battery (that I forgot to charge at work) is dead. Sad.

One child makes you a parent. Two children makes you a referee.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #2715
jmccormick
We can't all come and go by bubble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapwhitey View Post
We are going on that tour as well. We were planning to just hop in a cab as it seems relatively nearby. If room is still available a lift would be greatly appreciated but if you're full no harm done. We'll see you at WB.

Chris
You're in. I've send you a private message with my phone number. See you on the left coast.

Jim
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: