Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #2686
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTaylors View Post
I SO need this vacation and cannot wait to get this last day and a half of work out of the way.

- Will
You DO need a vacation.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #2687
kab407
Still embarrassed by her mom and the "verandah" incident

Quote:
I SO need this vacation and cannot wait to get this last day and a half of work out of the way.

- Will
AMEN!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #2688
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
You DO need a vacation.

Sorry about that. I live a double life and I go by Will at work. Confuses me half the time.

- Bill

Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #2689
macman752
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry about that. I live a double life and I go by Will at work. Confuses me half the time.

- Bill
Is it because at your place of employment there is but one person named Bill?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #2690
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Exclamation

Since two platoons of the army of ABD flatties are scheduled to arrive at various points across the country today, I think it's time for us to open a thread on the Podcast Board for Live Photos and Updates from the DIS Backstage Magic ABD Trip. Several of us have Facebook and the ability to post pictures quickly and we have lots of friends who are willing to link to those pictures.

Now we just need someone to start it. Anyone in particular feel the need to do so? I know that one of the flattie platoons has arrived at its destination in Colorado and, according to UPS, a second platoon is inside the front storm door of a certain house in Indianapolis.

By the way - there will be more flatties on this trip than there will be actual adventurers. I hope some of you with smart phones and a Facebook account are willing to take on some flattie responsibilities once we reach California!

Oh - and - TONYA ROCKS!!! (and I think I need a Cricut).

Last edited by Dodie; 04-08-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #2691
kab407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
Since two platoons of the army of ABD flatties are scheduled to arrive at various points across the country today, I think it's time for us to open a thread on the Podcast Board for Live Photos and Updates from the DIS Backstage Magic ABD Trip. Several of us have Facebook and the ability to post pictures quickly and we have lots of friends who are willing to link to those pictures.

Now we just need someone to start it. Anyone in particular feel the need to do so? I know that one of the flattie platoons has arrived at its destination in Colorado and, according to UPS, a second platoon is inside the front storm door of a certain house in Indianapolis.

By the way - there will be more flatties on this trip than there will be actual adventurers. I hope some of you with smart phones and a Facebook account are willing to take on some flattie responsibilities once we reach California!

Oh - and - TONYA ROCKS!!! (and I think I need a Cricut).
You know I'll help! Who knows what trouble a certain First Sargeant will get into when left with me for an afternoon.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #2692
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab407 View Post
You know I'll help! Who knows what trouble a certain First Sargeant will get into when left with me for an afternoon.
Down, Kitty. Down!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #2693
Dodie
Survived the big crash

I think I'll just start the thread. You know folks will pop on there with lots of comments in the next few days, but that's okay. At least it will be there as the flatties start to have their fun.

Any objections?

Good.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #2694
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

I'm sooo excited the first wave of Flatties have arrived at their destinations!!!!

This is how the ABD Flatties will work. There are roughly 48 Flatties all attired in undies and shoes. They will have different outfits for different days, as we see fit.

This is where our fellow ABD Adventurers come in - we need your help. Dodie, Anna and I will distribute the Flatties to those who are willing, able, and shanghaied in to participating each morning - probably at breakfast or the night before. You can take as many pictures of the Flatties as you want in as many various locations as you choose. If you want to trade Flatties with someone during the day, then have at it. There are no hard and fast rules. The goal is to have fun with our DIS friends who weren't able to join us on the trip. Some Flatties will get more picture time than others - it is inevitable - but the goal is that each Flattie will see a little bit of our ABD trip.

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Old 04-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #2695
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
I think I'll just start the thread. You know folks will pop on there with lots of comments in the next few days, but that's okay. At least it will be there as the flatties start to have their fun.

Any objections?

Good.

works for me

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Old 04-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #2696
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya2426 View Post
I'm sooo excited the first wave of Flatties have arrived at their destinations!!!!

This is how the ABD Flatties will work. There are roughly 48 Flatties all attired in undies and shoes. They will have different outfits for different days, as we see fit.

This is where our fellow ABD Adventurers come in - we need your help. Dodie, Anna and I will distribute the Flatties to those who are willing, able, and shanghaied in to participating each morning - probably at breakfast or the night before. You can take as many pictures of the Flatties as you want in as many various locations as you choose. If you want to trade Flatties with someone during the day, then have at it. There are no hard and fast rules. The goal is to have fun with our DIS friends who weren't able to join us on the trip. Some Flatties will get more picture time than others - it is inevitable - but the goal is that each Flattie will see a little bit of our ABD trip.
My head is going to explode.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #2697
Dodie
Survived the big crash

The thread has been started. Someone should go ahead and post Anna's flattie platoon photo from Facebook! I'll post mine tonight when I get home and get them out of the package!

Let the FUN begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post

Those poor guides aren't going to know what's hit them!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #2698
kab407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya2426 View Post

IN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post

Does ABD have any idea what they are facing come Tuesday night?!?!?!

We can play name the Flattie Tuesday Night as part of our Evening Mixer!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #2699
PrincessSharon
Earning My Ears

I haven't been keeping up with the thread, shame on me.

Happy belated birthday to Linda, Kevin and Kathy!

Hope everyone who's been sick is feeling much better! I've got a nagging cough that just won't go away.

I leave on Saturday morning and am not even to the "pile" stage. That's so not like me. I am usually all packed a week before I leave! I've been too busy to do it!

And a while back everyone was posting photos of themselves so we'd recognize each other. Here's me with my favorite character at Goofy's Kitchen.

And I have to say I love the Flatties idea!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #2700
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Quote:
Here's so that:
Dodie feels better

Tracy gets her ID back

Everyone has a safe trip to California

- Will
There's actually a funny sorry behind the people at Bill's work calling him Will. When he first started there as a contract employee, people started calling him Will without actually asking what he preferred to be called. He was so polite and new, he didn't want to be rude and correct them. Even when he became full time it was too late. The name Will stuck at work. But, everyone that knows him in "real" life calls him Bill. It got really confusing when DS9 was born. He's a Junior and we actually DO call him Will. The first time when "little" Will was old enough to remember going to Daddy's work, people were calling Daddy Will and he would answer. Yes, he was very confused.

BILL and I can't wait to finally meet y'all on Tuesday. I am sure we will see some of you early arrivers around the hotel on Sunday and Monday too.

Have a safe flight everyone!

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 04/POR (Spring Break), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL (Magic) ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 07/DCL (Magic ~ Med) & Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: