Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #2611
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab407 View Post
I was hoping that you would make a special guest appearance!
Oh, my. Does Don have a fan club??
Old 04-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #2612
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post
Well considering it starts in 10 days - I would think they'd get a move on -

I mean it is a "public" event - you'd think they want the public to show up
I checked on another message board (I felt kinda dirty doing it ) and they are just as much in the dark as we are.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #2613
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

Just got back from UPS on my "secret" mission of dispatching some ABD Flatties to two "secret" locations across America to begin our Adventure!!!!

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Old 04-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #2614
Launchpad11B
DW thinks he's a Manly Man

"Excuse me, can I have your autograph Mr. Incredible?...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya2426 View Post
Just got back from UPS on my "secret" mission of dispatching some ABD Flatties to two "secret" locations across America to begin our Adventure!!!!
Pics??
Old 04-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #2615
Tonya2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launchpad11B View Post
Pics??
I did take some pics but left my uploading cordy thing for my camera connected to my Mom's computer when I left Augusta yesterday. And technically, the Flatties that haven't been dispatched aren't quite finished. So patience until the Flatties arrive at their dispatched location.

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Old 04-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #2616
Tonya2426

Our Adventure can officially start since I had my ABD nightmare last night!!!

Before every WDW trip I have a dream about some part of the trip going wrong. Don't know why but it always occurs so I just chalk it up to part of my pre-trip planning instead of worrying about it.

Last night I dreamed that I was at the Social Security Administration office with my grandfather (although it wasn't my grandfather and on top of that my grandfathers have been dead for over 35 years) trying to get a replacement card for him and it was taking way too long. Time was ticking away and I hadn't packed yet so I called my Mom to pack for me and I would meet her at the airport for our flight to California.

When I get to the airport (not even an airport I recognize) my Mom hasn't packed anything that I need for the trip and I start to have a "Diva" moment about having to buy new sun glasses and shoes and I was never going to be able to find underwear I like at the last minute.

So, all is well with the world. Let the real packing begin!!!

Old 04-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #2617
kab407
Still embarrassed by her mom and the "verandah" incident

Quote:
Do I want to ask about the nightmare before PCC 1.0?
Old 04-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #2618
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmli View Post
Has anyone noticed the weather has drastically changed for next week? It's crazy, yesterday, it looked so good!
I know! I already had my clothes sorted too. Now I think I need to bring more longer pants than capris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post

I have practically no voice this morning (from screaming last night at the game), but if I did, I'd be singing right along with you!

Since I didn't care so much about the game, I rooted for your team, Dodie. They did a great job and it was a great game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Ok folks....

I have gotten word on our third guide for our Adventure.

I'm told that the guide "might" pop in and out of our group and will probably be training to do this tour in the future.

I asked about gratuities and was told that the possible third guide would not expect a gratuity.

I know this question has come up and I hope this information helps with planning.
But I already printed his/her tip envelope! Oh, well, more for me! Thanks for the update, Kevin!

Quote:
Are we really the group to be using for training purposes? I mean, we're us!
Word!

Quote:

Before every WDW trip I have a dream about some part of the trip going wrong. Don't know why but it always occurs so I just chalk it up to part of my pre-trip planning instead of worrying about it.

Last night I dreamed that I was at the Social Security Administration office with my grandfather (although it wasn't my grandfather and on top of that my grandfathers have been dead for over 35 years) trying to get a replacement card for him and it was taking way too long. Time was ticking away and I hadn't packed yet so I called my Mom to pack for me and I would meet her at the airport for our flight to California.

When I get to the airport (not even an airport I recognize) my Mom hasn't packed anything that I need for the trip and I start to have a "Diva" moment about having to buy new sun glasses and shoes and I was never going to be able to find underwear I like at the last minute.

So, all is well with the world. Let the real packing begin!!!
Beat you to it. Mine was Jeri kept asking me where things were and where we were going to eat and I kept say I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. I had NO PLAN! and no camera. My nightmare is I have no plan. I'm not sure what that says about me. It might say b-o-r-i-n-g. Is my next nightmare that I can't find my spreadsheet? Oh, the horror!

We've just decided to go with the flow on food and wine since the details, as we've all noticed, are a bit lacking to say the least.

So for the past two days I've had:

What Time Is It?
Summertime
It's Our Vacation
What Time Is It?
Partytime - That's Right Say It Loud

Stuck in my head. Thanks High School Musical!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #2619
MatthewT212
Earning My Ears

Warner Brothers Studio Tour

Does anyone plan on taking the Warner Brothers Studio Tour on Monday, April 19th in the AM?

Travel plans fell through for Miguel and I and it’s looking very $$$ to get there. I hate to forfeit the tour (and lose the money). Unfortunately renting a car is not an option for us.

Any ideas would be HIGHLY appreciated...

Matthew
Old 04-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #2620
Tonya2426

Quote:
Do I want to ask about the nightmare before PCC 1.0?
I can't remember what PCC 1.0 was - I have a tendency to forget my dreams soon afterwards - but I can assure you it was not a Titanic dream

Old 04-07-2010, 12:14 AM   #2621
aspen37
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon

6 The U.S. Army radio call sign of a company or battalion commander

6 MI6, United Kingdom external security agency

6 V6 engine

6 Number Six (Battlestar Galactica), a character in the television series Battlestar Galactica

6 Days until our Adventure begins

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
Old 04-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #2622
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Quote:
I was hoping that you would make a special guest appearance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
Oh, my. Does Don have a fan club??
Ummm. Yeah. Of course HE DOES!!! He's Don for heaven's sake!

Quote:
Old 04-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #2623
klam_chowder
Got her own private pool dance on the Podcast cruise
Boy that was one hot run

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen37 View Post
6 Number Six (Battlestar Galactica), a character in the television series Battlestar Galactica

6 Days until our Adventure begins

Great countdown Anna DH was surfing I Robot yesterday and we noticed that one of the FBI agents was "The Chief" going on this Adventure with BSG and Firefly fans!

Sorry to hear of your hiccup Matthew

Champagne dreams from here on folks! I've got to get that luggage out today!

cheers,

text
Old 04-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #2624
slapwhitey

Mouseketeer

We leave this friday and have yet to start packing. Not sure if I should be or

Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #2625
YellowMickeyPonchos
Remember when everyone had one?
Podcasting from the West Coast

The Female "Bob"
Queen of Solutions

Hey everyone.

I don't think Don realizes that y'all already know he's coming for breakfast with the rest of us "special" folks.....

If it does rain, be advised that DL currently has these extremely cute and extremely compact umbrellas as part of their 55th Anniversary merchandise. I still have to buy one....

Tom is right, we still are in the dark about Food and Wine schedules. In fact, one famous chef wasn't even allowed to tell me which weekend he was appearing, even though Karen seems to miraculously know his schedule.

Hey Karen - dish where you got your info!!!!
DVC since '93 - DL "local" and P-AP holder since '99 - Me Ian Zoe 8 and Lily 6

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: