Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #2596
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

I haven't been online for a few days. So, I'll add this too ...

Happy belated Easter All!

Jennifer (& Family)
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

Old 04-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #2597
tickledtink33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post
Thanks Kevin -

I was just thinking about that this morning. Of course I tried to do a thread search to find the actual post where the amount was talked about, but to no avail

Would someone be so kind as to point me to that post and/or remind me how much $ it is again

I did start packing last night

Why are men's shoes so darn big and heavy? Trying to pack one bag apiece and keep it under 50lbs is so not the "fun" part of this adventure
Our booklet recommends $6-$9 per day, per person, for each guide.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #2598
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
It wasn't on here Marilee. It was in that little booklet that they sent with the backpacks I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickledtink33 View Post
Our booklet recommends $6-$9 per day, per person, for each guide.
AHA - that would explain my futile search on the thread - I knew I saw it but for the life of me I couldn't remember where . . .

Dino would say it's "old Age", but I prefer to think of it as "Over extended brain activity "

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
Old 04-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #2599
tardis1029
First trip in'73 and still going strong!

Post Food and Wine Starts April 16th DCA !

Now that we are getting closer and closer - I found this and thought that I would share it with you all ....

2010 Dates: Daily April 16 - May 31

Disney's California Food and Wine Festival returns in 2010 for a six-week run. Celebrating The Art of Flavor, events will be held daily from April 16-May 31, 2010 at Disney's California Adventure park.

Festival events include cooking schools, winemaker dinners, and hundreds of cooking demonstrations and wine, beer, and spirit seminars. These events take place all over Disney's California Adventure Park, with venues at the Pacific Wharf, Sunshine Plaza, Hollywood Pictures Backlot, and the Bountiful Valley Farm. New this year, the Festival Showplace, located in Stage 12 in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot, will host a number of events and seminars, including Sweet Sundays, as well as the Festival Gift Shop and Wine Seller. The Taste of California Marketplace, featuring tapas-sized tastings, returns to its new location in the Festival Showplace. In addition, Festival-inspired menu items will be available at a number of restaurants throughout the park. The Festival Welcome Center will be located in Sunshine Plaza where daily event schedules are available and guests may make same day reservations for Festival events, pending availability. The Chef Showcase Stage, featuring culinary demonstrations with celebrity chefs, is also located in Sunshine Plaza. The Festival Wine Walks, offering up to four wine tastings from around the world or a single region, are back, as is the Festival Beer Walk, which features ales, lagers, and craft beers from around the world.

The Signature Events, such as winemaker dinners, the Napa Rose Cooking School, Sweet Sundays, and Taste are "ticketed" and require reservations and payment in advance. New this year is a $1.00 charge for the wine, beer, and spirits tasting seminars. This will be collected in the queue when wristbands are issued - cash only. There is still no charge for the culinary demonstrations or Jr. Chef program.

Starting February 16, register on-line for any of the ticketed events at: http://www.disneyland.com/foodandwine

John and I can't wait to FINALLY MEET everyone !! ...Micki

Old 04-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #2600
tickledtink33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardis1029 View Post
Now that we are getting closer and closer - I found this and thought that I would share it with you all ....

2010 Dates: Daily April 16 - May 31

Disney's California Food and Wine Festival returns in 2010 for a six-week run. Celebrating The Art of Flavor, events will be held daily from April 16-May 31, 2010 at Disney's California Adventure park.

Festival events include cooking schools, winemaker dinners, and hundreds of cooking demonstrations and wine, beer, and spirit seminars. These events take place all over Disney's California Adventure Park, with venues at the Pacific Wharf, Sunshine Plaza, Hollywood Pictures Backlot, and the Bountiful Valley Farm. New this year, the Festival Showplace, located in Stage 12 in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot, will host a number of events and seminars, including Sweet Sundays, as well as the Festival Gift Shop and Wine Seller. The Taste of California Marketplace, featuring tapas-sized tastings, returns to its new location in the Festival Showplace. In addition, Festival-inspired menu items will be available at a number of restaurants throughout the park. The Festival Welcome Center will be located in Sunshine Plaza where daily event schedules are available and guests may make same day reservations for Festival events, pending availability. The Chef Showcase Stage, featuring culinary demonstrations with celebrity chefs, is also located in Sunshine Plaza. The Festival Wine Walks, offering up to four wine tastings from around the world or a single region, are back, as is the Festival Beer Walk, which features ales, lagers, and craft beers from around the world.

The Signature Events, such as winemaker dinners, the Napa Rose Cooking School, Sweet Sundays, and Taste are "ticketed" and require reservations and payment in advance. New this year is a $1.00 charge for the wine, beer, and spirits tasting seminars. This will be collected in the queue when wristbands are issued - cash only. There is still no charge for the culinary demonstrations or Jr. Chef program.

Starting February 16, register on-line for any of the ticketed events at: http://www.disneyland.com/foodandwine

John and I can't wait to FINALLY MEET everyone !! ...Micki
Thanks for the info but we are one step ahead of you on this.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #2601
tardis1029
First trip in'73 and still going strong!

Sorry - I thought it might be useful for someone.
Micki

Old 04-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #2602
corky441

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardis1029 View Post
Sorry - I thought it might be useful for someone.
Micki
Hey, Thanks Micki - it was a great refresher

Looking forward to meeting you

Old 04-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #2603
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Thanks for the info Micki!

Does anyone know what time people will be lining up for the Chef Cooking Demonstration on Saturday???? That whole section of Food and Wine is VERY vague on their website. We are another family that watches Guy. That would be an extra bonus to see his demonstration. We only watched one Next Food Network Star season and it was the year he won. He's come a long way! DDD makes me hungry every time we watch it! Did anyone catch his Disneyland special this past winter? We DVR'd it and whenever I need a Disneyland "fix", I put it on. It made us want to be there during the holidays. Also, I want one of those candy canes!!!!

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

Old 04-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #2604
tickledtink33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post
Thanks for the info Micki!

Does anyone know what time people will be lining up for the Chef Cooking Demonstration on Saturday???? That whole section of Food and Wine is VERY vague on their website. We are another family that watches Guy. That would be an extra bonus to see his demonstration. We only watched one Next Food Network Star season and it was the year he won. He's come a long way! DDD makes me hungry every time we watch it! Did anyone catch his Disneyland special this past winter? We DVR'd it and whenever I need a Disneyland "fix", I put it on. It made us want to be there during the holidays. Also, I want one of those candy canes!!!!

Jennifer
I have never been to the DCA F&W event but when the Epcot F&W cooking demos were free people would start lining up about an hour before. If the Chef was famous/well known the line would start even earlier. From what I here Guy is VERY popular so I would guess that the line will form at least a couple hours before the demo.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #2605
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post
That whole section of Food and Wine is VERY vague on their website.

Very very vague!!

We DL Correspondents have been cussing & discussing how to cover F&W for the blog and Podcast and are hitting brick walls.

I'm hoping the schedule isn't put together at the last minute.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #2606
corky441

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post

Very very vague!!

We DL Correspondents have been cussing & discussing how to cover F&W for the blog and Podcast and are hitting brick walls.

I'm hoping the schedule isn't put together at the last minute.
Well considering it starts in 10 days - I would think they'd get a move on -

I mean it is a "public" event - you'd think they want the public to show up

Old 04-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #2607
SFBayDon
D23 Charter Member and LOVING every minute of it

Greetings All,

Another non-ABD DISíer that wants to wish you all a great trip out to California. Iím sure you will all have a blast, but be sure to stop and enjoy the moment every so often. For those of you that have not had the chance to see Disneyland, you are in for a great treat, it is amazing in a very different way than Florida. My travel plans take me to Disneyland the last weekend of your trip. Looking to seeing all my friends and making some new ones.

Don
2009 - Jan09 Wilderness Lodge, May09 Podcast Cruise 1.0, Dec09 All Music/Pop, also Disneyland Back Stage Magic tour, Walt Disney Family Museum, Disney Studios & Archive, D23 Expo, Walt's apartment in DL, Cinderella suite in WDW, DISapoolosia, D23 Magic & Merriment, and Club 33 - 2009 wow what a year

2010 - Club 33, DCA Food & Wine, World of Color, Disneyland 55th B-Day, D23 Destination D Disneyland 55, D23 Scavenger Hunt, Gay Days Anaheim, finished the year with PCC 2.0 and three weeks in FL including the Swan and the Waldorf Astoria. What a great year.

2011 - Seeing the Disney Wonder come under the Golden Gate Bridge, D23 Destination D Disneworld 40, Looking forward to D23 Expo Premier Admission

2012 - Took the year off

2013 - Looking forward to many new adventures
Old 04-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #2608
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post
I mean it is a "public" event - you'd think they want the public to show up
You forget...it's DCA we're talking about. They haven't done anything in 9 years to get the public to show up...why start now.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #2609
slapwhitey

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayDon View Post
Greetings All,

Another non-ABD DISíer that wants to wish you all a great trip out to California. Iím sure you will all have a blast, but be sure to stop and enjoy the moment every so often. For those of you that have not had the chance to see Disneyland, you are in for a great treat, it is amazing in a very different way than Florida. My travel plans take me to Disneyland the last weekend of your trip. Looking to seeing all my friends and making some new ones.

Don
I have to agree Don, when we first visited Disneyland a couple years ago we actually loved how it felt completely different than Florida. It has a much more intimate feel in my opinion.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to say hello the weekend you're down there.

Chris
Old 04-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #2610
kab407
Still embarrassed by her mom and the "verandah" incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayDon View Post
Greetings All,

Don

I was hoping that you would make a special guest appearance!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: