Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #1996
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.

In the voice of Dug (the Dog) from Up

BOX!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #1997
kab407
Still embarrassed by her mom and the "verandah" incident

I just got home a few minutes ago and what was sitting on the porch for me?

Not a box.

THE BOX!!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #1998
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab407 View Post
I just got home a few minutes ago and what was sitting on the porch for me?

Not a box.

THE BOX!!!!
Cool, isn't it?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #1999
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
The ABD packages will be delivered via UPS....or to use Tonya's term of endearment...."the Brown Truck of Joy".

Hope that helps.
I got my box today also!
Jason
Old 03-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #2000
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Alissa and Tracey....I will call ABD tomorrow and correct this.

I apologize for this mix up.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #2001
MatthewT212
Earning My Ears

We didn't recieve ours yet so I'm hoping for tomorrow!!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #2002
spokanemom
DIS Veteran

In case anyone is looking for something to do during our free time in Disneyland, I just read that comic-con will be going on April 16-18 at the Convention Center. No wonder the hotels are SO booked!

Special guests will include William Shatner & Adam West!

One child makes you a parent. Two children makes you a referee.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #2003
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post
We got ours today too!!!!

I had to wait until five minutes ago to open it though. I waited until Bill came home. So, we could open it together.

Is that everyone now??????

Jennifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen37 View Post
You are very a sweet person, Jenn! I could not have sat with that box on my face today and
not opened it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spokanemom View Post
Wow, you have willpower! I would NOT have waited. Luckily, I didn't have to. I have no patience for exciting stuff like this!
Yes, I am a very lucky guy to have a wife that understands my Disney obsession as well. This is just one more step towards this dream of a lifetime becoming a reality!!!

- Bill

Old 03-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #2004
PrincessSharon
Earning My Ears

I got my box! I really get to go!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #2005
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Well, the children now know we're going to California next month. With all the Nanny interviews, I slipped up and mentioned the trip in front of them. However, they still don't know about the Disneyland portion. To be honest, as long as we bring them back a souvenir, they should be fine. We have openly talked about a trip to California this fall with them. So, they won't be missing too much on this trip that would interest them. Also, with the "bribe" of visiting Legoland in addition to Disneyland this fall, they're like, "Go wherever you want!"

If you are ever in a pinch and need a Nanny, I highly recommend nannies4hire.com

We had to pay a subscription fee. But, the security of knowing this person has a background check and positive references makes me okay with traveling so far away from home without the children. Also, having my Mom stay with them in evenings will give me some security too.

I've interviewed some great qualified candidates to care for our children. I have one already committed if we want her. I guess "committed" probably was a bad word. But, I have one more that needs to come to the house and meet the kids and dog. The person has to pass the "dog" test. If they can handle our dog (he's very lovable, but hyper), they're in.

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 09/Hawaii ~ Aulani or Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

Old 03-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #2006
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

I got a surprise box today delivery by the "Brown Truck of Joy" (That saying is going to stick with me. Thank Tonya! ) compliments of my loving DH.

We were watching the show Unwrapped on The Food Network last week. When a segment came up about "Old Classics" like candy and food, my eyes opened widely when I saw a familiar tub from my youth. I grew up in Massachusetts and would have fluffernutter sandwiches EVERY day for lunch. For those that don't know, fluffernutter is a sandwich made with Marshmallow Fluff and peanut butter. It is as good as it sounds. Well, living here in Texas, they don't sell Fluff.

Fastforward to today, the doorbell rings and waiting by the doorstep is a package addressed to Bill. So, I IM'd him and told him he received a package. He told ME to open it up. Bill being a thoughtful man, he looked online and ordered me THREE big tubs of Marshmallow Fluff. It just arrived a few minutes ago. I know what I'm having for lunch today!!!!!!

Thank you honey!!!!!

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 09/Hawaii ~ Aulani or Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

Old 03-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #2007
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Jenn: First of all, I hope it's okay, I'm a little in love with Bill right now over that fluffernutter thing. That's just so sweet. My DH would think about doing that, but he would never actually do it. Of course, my DH installed a brand new heathing and air unit this weekend for me, so don't think he's totally slack. But what I really wanted to say is I'm so glad you're getting the kiddo thing taken care of. I can't imagine how stressful that must be for you. Thank God Mom/Grandma is helping out! It wouldn't have been the same without you and Katherine!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #2008
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post

We were watching the show Unwrapped on The Food Network last week. When a segment came up about "Old Classics" like candy and food, my eyes opened widely when I saw a familiar tub from my youth. I grew up in Massachusetts and would have fluffernutter sandwiches EVERY day for lunch. For those that don't know, fluffernutter is a sandwich made with Marshmallow Fluff and peanut butter. It is as good as it sounds. Well, living here in Texas, they don't sell Fluff.

Jennifer
OMG - life without FLUFF

I love the stuff and it makes the best chocolate fudge. Even DH-Dino who hates marshmallows, absolutely loves the fudge.

I'm hungry . . .

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
Old 03-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #2009
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

Seriously? There are places where you can't buy a jar of marshmallow fluff? I'm perplexed and shocked by this information!!!! How do you make fudge without marshmallow fluff?
Old 03-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #2010
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

<<<taunting

Check out my Facebook page for a quick preview of April...just saying.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: