Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
goofykb03
Mouseketeer

MDE/MB's & Conference tickets when you already have park tickets?

I'm heading down to WDW in May for a conference at the Yacht Club (staying there, conferencing there). As part of the conference, we are going to receive one after 4pm pass for a reception at Epcot, which is supposed to be linked to our MB's. I already have a park hopper pass linked to MDE from previous trips. My last experience with MDE/MB's was in Oct 2013 and it was not a perfect experience (not surprising right?) so I'm not sure how it's going to work out managing the conference park ticket with my own park hopper ticket. Has anyone had any (successful??) experiences juggling multiple tickets like this? Do I just make the appropriate tickets active or inactive in MDE for the days I want to use each one? I have a physical RFID card for my park hopper since I got it in June 2013 and didn't have a MB, so I'm planning to carry it with me just in case (I also did this in Oct 2013), but after my last MB experience I'm not feeling too confident about this...
May 1985 Fort Wilderness Cabins May 1988 Polynesian August 1989 Offsite/Carribean Beach August 1991 Disney Inn/Port Orleans/Beach Club July 1992 Dixie Landings November 1993 Port Orleans/Contemporary August 1994 Dixie Landings/Wilderness Lodge December 1995/January 1996 Offsite August 1996 Old Key West/Beach Club/Boardwalk January 1998 Disneyland Offsite July 1998 Coronado Springs December 1999/January 2000 Offsite July 2003 Offsite December 2004/January 2005 All Star Music September 2006 Disneyland Offsite October 2008 Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House/Boardwalk Villas/Beach Club Villas July 2010 Bay Lake Tower December 2010 Saratoga Springs June 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village October 2013 Bay Lake Tower May 2014 Yacht Club August 2014 Port Orleans Riverside
goofykb03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:21 AM   #2
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

I would either make whichever ticket you don't want to use inactive so unlink it I guess. Apparently there is a way for cm's to prioritize which tickets get used first but I don't really trust in that.

We had AP's and two day tickets linked to our MB's. We went to guest relations before we entered our first park and had them remove the two day tickets and put them on a separate card for us.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:05 AM   #3
goofykb03
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
I would either make whichever ticket you don't want to use inactive so unlink it I guess. Apparently there is a way for cm's to prioritize which tickets get used first but I don't really trust in that.

We had AP's and two day tickets linked to our MB's. We went to guest relations before we entered our first park and had them remove the two day tickets and put them on a separate card for us.
I spoke with a CM in group reservations yesterday and she told me the same - to visit guest relations before entering a park and let them know which pass I'm using that day. So that'll be real fun to wait at guest relations every time I am heading in. I ended up buying a discounted conference ticket on top of the evening pass to Epcot and my regular park hopper, so it's going to get REALLY interesting now! I just had so many issues back in Oct with the MBs and FP that I'm really nervous the wrong passes are going to get used if they can't help me manage them. I may just use MDE every day to inactivate the appropriate tickets to be safe. Thanks for the input!
May 1985 Fort Wilderness Cabins May 1988 Polynesian August 1989 Offsite/Carribean Beach August 1991 Disney Inn/Port Orleans/Beach Club July 1992 Dixie Landings November 1993 Port Orleans/Contemporary August 1994 Dixie Landings/Wilderness Lodge December 1995/January 1996 Offsite August 1996 Old Key West/Beach Club/Boardwalk January 1998 Disneyland Offsite July 1998 Coronado Springs December 1999/January 2000 Offsite July 2003 Offsite December 2004/January 2005 All Star Music September 2006 Disneyland Offsite October 2008 Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House/Boardwalk Villas/Beach Club Villas July 2010 Bay Lake Tower December 2010 Saratoga Springs June 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village October 2013 Bay Lake Tower May 2014 Yacht Club August 2014 Port Orleans Riverside
goofykb03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: