Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
barbiecruiser
Mouseketeer

Does my park plan sound good???

Sunday August 23

9AM- Arrive at Animal Kingdom
12 PM- Eat at either Flametree or Pizzafari
3PM- Leave Animal Kingdom
4PM- Arrive at Magic Kingdom
7PM- Dinner at Columbia Harbor house
10PM- Extra Magic hour beings
12AM-1AM Leave Magic Kingdom

Monday August 24

9AM- Arrive at Epcot
11AM- Lunch at Sunshine seasons or Tangerine café
4PM- ADR for Tutto Italia or Le Cellier
5PM- Finish Dinner and leave Epcot
6PM- Arrive at DHS
7PM- EMH beings for DHS
10PM- Leave DHS

I have FP plans, but I am first worrying about getting place to place and eating

thanks guys!
barbiecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
Tisha_PA
DIS Veteran

I've never done evening EMH so I can't really help with that.

On your AK day though, I would suggest trying to eat lunch before 12 so that you beat the crowds. Also, both of those are really long days. Do you have any breaks built in? I don't think I could go from 9am to midnight and then turn around and do a rope drop and go till 10 pm. I would be exhausted.
Tisha_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #3
karney
Mouseketeer

I am crazy when it comes to planning out my Disney vacations! One thing that I still haven't learned is that I need to schedule some downtime! If you have every last hour of your vacation planned out you have no room for error, weather, or just full burnout. Leave yourself some downtime to shop around downtown disney, or just some time to lounge around the hotel. Also, if you are creating tight hours in the park make sure you are aware of all the show times right when you get there. I missed The Motorcar show at HS last year because the two show times interfered with my ADR and another show that DW really wanted to see.
karney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

I agree about the late night/ early morning. You will soon hit "the wall" with that kind of plan!
Also, I would recommend checking out the restaurant hours in your park guide as soon as you arrive. Last time we were there in August, Columbia Harbor House had closed at something ridiculous like 4 or 5pm! We had planned to eat dinner there and had to grab something else. This kind of thing also happened to us at the Studios- don't assume everything is open just because the park is open.
Have fun!
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
Balt ravens fan
Goofy at heart

If you only have 2 days - then Go for it! Don't worry about the wall - hit the wall on Tuesday. If you have to see 4 parks in 2 days then you have a great plan except I might move Le Cellier or Tutto Italia up to 3 PM to give you more time to exit Epcot and more time in DHS that night. If you are gungho you could hit all the major attractions in 2 days with your plans (and a good touring plan), but prepare to be absolutely wiped on Tuesday. How many days do you have for the parks? Just 2? Are you doing anything on Tuesday - just resting? flying home? Are you trying to save money or are you going other place in Orlando?

Also my other advice would be - be flexible, you never know what might happen and you might have to go with the flow.
Balt ravens fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
DaveStroem
DIS Veteran

That sounds fine for a 2 day trip. Your going to be dead tired after 2 packed full days in the August heat. I agree with other poster that 11:30 would be better to get lunch. Get a Dole Whip Float just after you get to MK to hold you over till dinner.

Top 10 Tips for Disney Noobies
RideMax Users Thread
DaveStroem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
barbiecruiser
Mouseketeer

It is just me and my mother ( I am 17) so we move fast and dont get as tired as little ones. We did 3 parks in one day for a two day trip on spring break 08

We fly in Saturday and arrive around noon. That is our DTD shopping/pool day (dinner at Narcoosees)

We fly home Tuesday at about 11 i think

WE are on basic dining plan and staying at pop
barbiecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: