Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

We "shipped" off our parents and we stayed in Disney! updated 7/18! The final chapter

Chapter List

1. Universal part 1
2. Universal part 2
3. Checking in at the wilderness lodge
4. The magic kingdom!
5. Mom checks in about the cruise!
6. Our WL room, Boma, MK at night
7. Our epcot morning, part one!
8. Epcot morning, part two!
9. The WL arcade, dinner at Kona!
10. DHS EMH
11. Blizzard beach morning and the WL pool!
12. Our afternoon off? and whispering canyon!
13. Dinner at yak and yeti/AK emh
14. Epcot morning waiting for mom and dad
15. Mom and dad return!
16. Mom and dad return!
17. We check into AKL!
18. We check into AKL! Part 2
19. AKL, Epcot for dinner
20. our last full day 1
21. our last full day 2
22. our last full day 3
23. The Final Chapter

Hello everybody! We're back from a magical walt disney world vacation!! This was a little bit different than your average trip because our parents went on a Disney Cruise (our treat!) while we stayed at disney world!! If you want to hear more about how we pulled off this awesome surprise last year, and more about the trip details in general, click here for our pre-trip report

But here's our plans to give you an idea

May 8th-10th - royal pacific resort in universal orlando
May 10th-15th - wilderness lodge while mom and dad are on the disney wonder!
May 15th-17th - animal kingdom lodge (the WL wasn't available the entire stay, mom and dad also stayed here when they came back from the wonder)

and here is the cast!

Me - nicole, planner, and trip payer
david - my brother, loves his sister for taking him to disney world, look for his comments in BLUE
mom - so excited about this vacation (so were we all!) loves BELLE, gets so excited anytime she's near! Her comments are in PINK
dad - really needed this vacation!! So excited up until the very last second and so appreciative!

Mom and dad took lots of pictures, and even met someone on the boat who "knew them!" because of this, mom wants to participate in the trip report, and since I have no idea the details of their cruise this will be a big help!!

If you are interested in seeing loads of pictures of the Wilderness Lodge, stick around! if you are interested in seeing lots of pictures of the Animal Kingdom Lodge (light fixtures, wallpaper, carpet) stick around!! If you ever wondered what life was like at the dark side (universal) stick around!! We'll start with just a brief summary of universal studios and staying at universal's royal pacific hotel, and than we'll begin our disney trip!! first chapter coming up!
[/SIZE]

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Last edited by Nicole786; 07-18-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
teruterubouzu
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! I'm looking forward to reading your trip report. Hope you're feeling well soon.

August 7-11, 2009 - Went back for a long weekend with my brother to relive old family vacation memories.
May 8-11, 2009 - Long weekend at Coronado Springs

August 2008 Trip Report: Disneyfied! Two sisters return to Walt Disney World after 21 years. (apologies for abandoning this)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I checked in one more time before calling it a night, and here you were!

It's nice to hear that Mom and Dad are known for their connections to some Dis celebrities.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. I'll probably even read a little bit about 'that other place', but I'll definitely be tuned in when you get started at the Disney part.

I hope you are feeling better and getting caught up on your rest.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teruterubouzu View Post
Welcome back! I'm looking forward to reading your trip report. Hope you're feeling well soon.
Thanks we're starting early (or should I say late?) tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I checked in one more time before calling it a night, and here you were!

It's nice to hear that Mom and Dad are known for their connections to some Dis celebrities.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. I'll probably even read a little bit about 'that other place', but I'll definitely be tuned in when you get started at the Disney part.

I hope you are feeling better and getting caught up on your rest.
Glad you checked in again, hopefully you'll stick around for the brief universal bits (theres only 2-3 i promise!)

Old 05-19-2009, 12:19 AM   #5
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

I'm going to try and keep the universal parts pretty brief. I know there are a few out there interested in heading here one day especially when harry potter opens. I do think Universal has its own charm (no where near disney service of course!) but since loews owns the hotels, I do believe we've had some of our best experiences here! So for those who are interested, I hope you find these chapters useful, and if anyone has any questions about universal i'm sure i can answer them!

We always have a great time at universal orlando resort! We really enjoy the parks there (of course they don't measure up to disney) but david and I have had the pleasure of staying at the hard rock hotel. We love this place, you get universal front of the line pass for staying at a universal hotel, and you get treated like royalty! Well this time, we decided to try a different universal hotel (the royal pacific) and since mom and dad have never stayed on site there, it was a new experience for all! It was a beautiful hotel with a polynesian style theme:

We arrived late the first night, so our trip officially started the next day! We slept in a bit and went to grab some breakfast at the BK Whopper Bar at city walk (they have boat service from the royal pacific). This is a unique restaurant to universal (they are piloting it and may bring it elsewhere) but during the day for lunch, you can get all these different kinds of whoppers and they have a toppings bar! We had a good start and ready for the day!

We started at our favorite, islands of adventure. It is split into themed lands (like magic kingdom) but more entertainment-based. They have suess landing, the lost continent, jurassic park, toon lagoon, and marvel. Next year they will be adding the wizarding world of harry potter! A themed land just for HP!

We enjoyed the rides here david and I went on dueling dragons (david was excited to try this coaster and we had a great time) We cooled off in toon lagoon with dad and took some fun pics and headed into spiderman, a family favorite!!

This is dudley do rights ripsaw falls in Toon Lagoon (this themed lands puts you in the sunday comics!) you get absolutely soaked on the rides here. They also have popeye which is like kali river rapids but much longer and you can't escape the water here! Mom skipped dudley do right, we all went on popeye! Heres us after dudley do right!

Here we are on the jurassic park ride, another great one!

By lunch time we were finished with IOA and headed over to Universal studios, the first park and more movie-themed park. It reminds me very much of hollywood studios, it used to be a working movie studio and has a lot of movie-based attractions, mom especially loves Lucy (from i love lucy) so this was our first stop. I didn't mind because I loved the air conditioning and the constant loop of classic lucy scenes!!

Coming up we finish off our day with the rest of universal studios and dinner at a great restaurant!!

Old 05-19-2009, 01:01 AM   #6
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Welcome back! I am def interested about the US stuff, I am trying to plan a trip there. Stop by my PTR when u get the chance so I can pick your brain!

When are you coming back up to NY again?

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 05-19-2009, 05:39 AM   #7
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here and super excited that you have started your TR! The Royal Pacific is a very pretty hotel!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #8
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Yippee!! A new TR, I love this.

I made first page! I'm not late to this one.

You are such a sweet and thoughtful daughter/sister to treat your family to this vacay! You go girl!

Universal Studios looks like a lot of fun. The last time we went there was in 2004, I'm sure it's changed some.

Your hotel looks beautiful.

BK Whopper sounds like a great idea!

Everyone looks like they are enjoying themselves. Even when wet!

Hi, DMom! Hi, David! Hi DDad! (I gave him a color)

Last edited by CanadianWDWfan; 05-19-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #9
topdog
DIS Veteran

Welcome back. I went to stay at Royal Pacific a couple of years ago. Great hotel. They have great Mojito at the bar.

Can't wait to hear about the trip.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:09 AM   #10
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
If you are interested in seeing loads of pictures of the Wilderness Lodge, stick around![/COLOR][/SIZE]
YEAH!!!!! Can't wait to see all the WL pictures!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 05-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #11
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

I'm here. I checked last night before heading to bed and you weren't here yet. I go to bed earlier than MeMom since I'm getting up one or two times during the night to feed Isabella. Great start. We did Universal Studios a LONG time ago. Trent has talked about him and Jarvis going for a day because they have more thrill rides.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #12
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Welcome back, LOVE the Universal pics, so excited for your report, you are off to a great start!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 05-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #13
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

im here im here, welcome back, nice to see a little bit of different things in TR, like your universal and glad it will include some stuffrom the cruise, i love reading about the cruises.

great start

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 05-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #14
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Signing on for more!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #15
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Welcome back! I am def interested about the US stuff, I am trying to plan a trip there. Stop by my PTR when u get the chance so I can pick your brain!

When are you coming back up to NY again?
I was planning on coming up there June 18th-21st, but I'm not sure if i can. It will definitely be this summer though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'm here and super excited that you have started your TR! The Royal Pacific is a very pretty hotel!
It is very pretty! I'll have more pics soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Yippee!! A new TR, I love this.

I made first page! I'm not late to this one.

You are such a sweet and thoughtful daughter/sister to treat your family to this vacay! You go girl!

Universal Studios looks like a lot of fun. The last time we went there was in 2004, I'm sure it's changed some.

Your hotel looks beautiful.

BK Whopper sounds like a great idea!

Everyone looks like they are enjoying themselves. Even when wet!

Hi, DMom! Hi, David! Hi DDad! (I gave him a color)
Haha dad may pop in also, so I guess we should give him a color too!! You should check it out again, if you go in with the expectation that its nothing like disney you'll probably like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Welcome back. I went to stay at Royal Pacific a couple of years ago. Great hotel. They have great Mojito at the bar.

Can't wait to hear about the trip.
Yeah we had a great experience at the RPR! Didn't get to check out the bar (werent there long enough)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
YEAH!!!!! Can't wait to see all the WL pictures!
Yaay, good cuz i have LOTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
I'm here. I checked last night before heading to bed and you weren't here yet. I go to bed earlier than MeMom since I'm getting up one or two times during the night to feed Isabella. Great start. We did Universal Studios a LONG time ago. Trent has talked about him and Jarvis going for a day because they have more thrill rides.
They should go to Islands of Adventure if they decide to go. Are you dising while feeding Bella?? Thats what I would do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Welcome back, LOVE the Universal pics, so excited for your report, you are off to a great start!
Lesley
Thanks, i know you guys were interested in Universal so stay tuned for some more (albeit brief) pics/details from universal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
im here im here, welcome back, nice to see a little bit of different things in TR, like your universal and glad it will include some stuffrom the cruise, i love reading about the cruises.

great start
Oh my dad has all the pics from the cruise and there are lots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Signing on for more!
Yay, welcome!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: