Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #166
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

Andrea,

I knew I recognized you from a thread but couldn't remember which one. I'm the crazy fool from the rest stop.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #167
everythingALICE
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_gan View Post
It seems like I read Sunday - Thursday! Well, on our upcoming trips, I've got ADRs for a Thursday, a Sunday, and a Wednesday. So hopefully we'll luck out with one of these!
I really hope that he works on Sundays too! That's when we'll be going to Ohana during our next trip. He wasn't there on our last trip, and while the veggie entree I received was delicious, it's no comparison to the feast I've seen on here from Chef T.J. I love reading your reviews by the way!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #168
v_gan
I can go the distance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsrtw View Post
Andrea,

I knew I recognized you from a thread but couldn't remember which one. I'm the crazy fool from the rest stop.
Haha. Thanks for saying hello! I'm sorry if I seemed rushed - we were about 45 minutes behind schedule, and had dinner reservations soon after we arrived. Plus I was horribly sick, so I hope you don't think I sound like a chain smoker all the time

It was nice to meet you, though! I hope you're having a good trip, and I hope the marathon was fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingALICE View Post
I really hope that he works on Sundays too! That's when we'll be going to Ohana during our next trip. He wasn't there on our last trip, and while the veggie entree I received was delicious, it's no comparison to the feast I've seen on here from Chef T.J. I love reading your reviews by the way!
He was there on Thursday! I'll be starting my reviews soon, and I'll post a link.
WDW - Pop Century Resort - May 2010 (21 years old)
WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort - March 2010 (21 years old)
WDW - Pop Century Resort - May 2009 (20 years old)
Universal Orlando - Offsite - October 2008 - (20 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - All Star Movies - September 2007 (19 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - All Star Music - July 2002 (14 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - Offsite - January 2001 (13 years old)
Disneyland, Universal Hollywood - Offsite - January 2000 (12 years old)
WDW, Universal Orlando, Sea World - Offsite - January 1991 (3 years old)

Spring 2014 Disney College Program Blog (Concierge): Going the Distance - My Disney College Program Experience

Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
More Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
Two Vegans, Too Much Food
Even More Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
Old 03-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #169
mwilliams945
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for this.
I have been a vegetarian for ten years now and I am always looking for good vegetarian food.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #170
v_gan
I can go the distance!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've started my new reviews! The link is in my signature

Spring 2014 Disney College Program Blog (Concierge): Going the Distance - My Disney College Program Experience

Old 04-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #171
DanG07
Mouseketeer

Wonderful Vegan Review

This was a great vegan review. My family and I have been trying to eat vegan and vegetarian as much as possible after I was diagnosed with gout earlier this year. I have discovered through trial and error that maintaining a healthy, non-meat diet does not aggravate my gout symptoms and I have lost 20 pounds to boot. Even though I was a big meat-eater and used to scoff at vegans and vegetarians as people out-of-touch with reality , I have discovered that I really enjoy most of the vegan and vegetarian recipes out there and rarely miss eating meat. Obviously we now eat alot more home-cooked meals (bless my wife!!!!!) and have discovered numerous health benefits by avoiding meat. We are going to WDW in July and I was worried that I would be stuck eating fries and salad for 10 days. I'm really glad there are a bunch of great alternatives availabe at WDW for both CS and TS meals. Thanks for sharing! V_Gan, ehartman4, Plasticletters, and Vegcentric your dining reviews have gotten me excited and looking forward to dining at WDW. Thank you.

Last edited by DanG07; 04-30-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Add my signature
Old 05-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #172
v_gan
I can go the distance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG07 View Post
This was a great vegan review. My family and I have been trying to eat vegan and vegetarian as much as possible after I was diagnosed with gout earlier this year. I have discovered through trial and error that maintaining a healthy, non-meat diet does not aggravate my gout symptoms and I have lost 20 pounds to boot. Even though I was a big meat-eater and used to scoff at vegans and vegetarians as people out-of-touch with reality , I have discovered that I really enjoy most of the vegan and vegetarian recipes out there and rarely miss eating meat. Obviously we now eat alot more home-cooked meals (bless my wife!!!!!) and have discovered numerous health benefits by avoiding meat. We are going to WDW in July and I was worried that I would be stuck eating fries and salad for 10 days. I'm really glad there are a bunch of great alternatives availabe at WDW for both CS and TS meals. Thanks for sharing! V_Gan, ehartman4, Plasticletters, and Vegcentric your dining reviews have gotten me excited and looking forward to dining at WDW. Thank you.
I'm so glad you're having a positive experience with veganism! It really does have some awesome health benefits, and it tastes good, too!

You definitely won't be eating salads and fries your whole trip (unless you want to!). There are so many options for vegans and vegetarians. It's one of the main reasons I love going to Disney so much, since it's usually so hard to eat out - especially at theme parks.

If you take a break from the parks and get into the Orlando area, there's a really good vegan restaurant called Etho's Vegan Kitchen. I've been wanting to go to their Sunday brunch since we went in 2008, but we always seem to miss it.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #173
DanG07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_gan View Post
I'm so glad you're having a positive experience with veganism! It really does have some awesome health benefits, and it tastes good, too!

You definitely won't be eating salads and fries your whole trip (unless you want to!). There are so many options for vegans and vegetarians. It's one of the main reasons I love going to Disney so much, since it's usually so hard to eat out - especially at theme parks.

If you take a break from the parks and get into the Orlando area, there's a really good vegan restaurant called Etho's Vegan Kitchen. I've been wanting to go to their Sunday brunch since we went in 2008, but we always seem to miss it.
I have heard about Etho's Vegan Kitchen and even printed out their on-line menu. My family drives to WDW (20 hrs from Chicago!) so we were definitely planning on checking out Etho's since we have our minivan with us.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #174
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

clsoing thread - review was completed some time ago and is great!

thanks!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: