Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2010, 08:23 AM   #121
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seobaina View Post
Can I ask you guys - do you make autograph pages to bind together later when you have got them signed? Or do you make a book and 'hope' to get all the pages signed?
There are all different ways that DISers make autograph books. Some make 4x6 cards and put them in photobuckets with pockets so that you can pull them out and put them back in once they are signed. Some have theirs spiral bound but leave extra room at the top or side so that they can be cut out and put in a scrapbook. Some put theirs in pencil boxes. Some make theirs into an actual book.

Here are a few threads to give you some ideas:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1919763

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...8AaN2Llq0btXHQ

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 01-26-2010 at 05:03 PM.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #122
DisneyMommy1022
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanddolly View Post
There are all different ways that DISers make autograph books. Some make 4x6 cards and put them in photobuckets with pockets so that you can pull them out and put them back in once they are signed. Some have their spiral bound but leave extra room at the top or side so that they can be cut out and put in a scrapbook. Some put theirs in pencil boxes. Some make theirs into an actual book.

Here are a few threads to give you some ideas:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1919763

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...8AaN2Llq0btXHQ

Just wondering did you print the book using shutterfly???
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2010, 10:39 PM   #123
balletmom97
Mouseketeer

money saving tip

I noticed several comments about spending a lot on ink...

When printing highly saturated paper items (autograph pages, envelopes, letters, etc..) you can send the file to your local Office Depot or Staples (probably others, too!) and have them color laser printed for a very reasonable price.

I use Staples a lot and I am never disappointed. They also do laminating.

In addition to be cheaper than using tons of ink, the laser printing looks so much nicer than what comes off my printer.

Pricing is fluid, but I have paid as little as 19 cents a page and as much as 69 cents a page.

Hope that helps someone put a few more $$ towards the parks, rather than the printer!
balletmom97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:51 PM   #124
scrapah1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by balletmom97 View Post
I noticed several comments about spending a lot on ink...

When printing highly saturated paper items (autograph pages, envelopes, letters, etc..) you can send the file to your local Office Depot or Staples (probably others, too!) and have them color laser printed for a very reasonable price.

I use Staples a lot and I am never disappointed. They also do laminating.

In addition to be cheaper than using tons of ink, the laser printing looks so much nicer than what comes off my printer.

Pricing is fluid, but I have paid as little as 19 cents a page and as much as 69 cents a page.

Hope that helps someone put a few more $$ towards the parks, rather than the printer!
Quick question - I thought the Office stores wouldn't print licensed characters? Have you had any problems w/that?
scrapah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #125
scrapbooksellman
Mouseketeer

Too much?

Okay I think I am going overboard! Help pull me back in. I am making autograph books by binding scrapbooking cardstock together and will take is apart to put in scrapbooks after the trip. I am also planning on a autograph photo mat for me to get autographs from Mickey friends and princesses we see. I am thinking of preparing pillowcases for both kids which I have leftover for DD birthday last year. And I just found two canvas tote bags which would be perfect for autographs ( one for mickey and friends at Chef Mickey's and one for Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace).
I can't ask them which idea they like best because it is a surprise. I have all the items already in my crafting stuff so the cost is just the $5 for the photo mat. We will probably do a medium amount of autograph hunting, seeing many at character meals. Just have to see princesses excpet Cinderella whom we are having dinner with and faries who were not there last time.

Too much?
scrapbooksellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #127
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Grand Welcomes

I posted a link to a thread for a "Mickey Grand Welcome" for your hotel room or condo a few pages back but I thought I would let you know that I now have a "Tinks Grand Welcome" and a "Princesses Grand Welcome". They can be found in my 4shared link in my signature. Then look in the "Mickey's Grand Welcome" file.

There are lots of fun new ideas like a Princess Proclamation, Princess ID and a letter from the Fairy Godmother. Not only are the Grand Welcomes great for Welcome surprises...they are also great for birthday parties as I have lots of banners and printables.

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #128
pbbecker
Mouseketeer

There are so many wonderful ideas here!
pbbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #129
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Bumping for people new to the Creative DISigns Forum!

Old 02-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #130
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Bump,,,

Hugs Mel

bababear_50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:37 PM   #131
Figment's Girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodm View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation for the lanyards? The last time we went to DL we received free AAA lanyards and used those during our stay. (I don't know that we'll receive any from our WDW travel agent this year.)

I saw that the Disney website has them for $15 to $25 each, but that's over $100 for my family. Does anyone have suggestions for finding less expensive lanyards? Or, ideas on making them? I can be crafty if need be!
I don't know if you are still looking for the lanyards but Michaels currently has Toy Story, Cars, Tink & Princess lanyards for $1 a piece as well as other goodies.
Figment's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #132
thmar
DIS Veteran

We went in May 2009 and received the lanyards with our Disney Travel Package. We received vouchers for them and picked them up at the Disney store in Disneyland.

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
thmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #133
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

well right now i am making my binder hehehe and i just washed 30+ shirts to start tiedying and iron ons.... i still have a whole list to make!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #134
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

I don't think I have posted this yet...but I have an AMAZING "what do you make"! Here is one mom that went all out to make Epcot more exciting than it already is. Whipperwhirl did the most AMAZING...Amazing Race at Epcot for her daughter and has an entire post dedicated to everything she did. I think there are over 26 clues that she has for others to use. Here is her thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2063192

If you want to do this for your family/friends...I have blank clue cards in my 4shared file in the link in my signature.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #135
melham
Earning My Ears

Subscribing! Great info Thanks from a newbie!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: