Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #76
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

I hadn't posted anything new in a while and wasn't sure if I had mentioned much about things to make for cruises...well the biggest thing to make for a cruise (other than door magnets) is to make or buy Fish Extenders (FE) which are hanging pockets that go outside your stateroom door and gifts for FEs. Some of the most popular FE gifts are the homemade ones! Basically you link up through the boards with other people traveling on the same cruise as you and everyone makes or buys disney themed gifts (and sometimes something from your hometown/state) to put in everyone that is participating's FE. The gifts aren't overly expensive and they have to be small enough to fit in your luggage and the FE pockets. You can also premail yours to the ship. Some people make theirs and others give disney things from the dollar stores or find key chains, magnets, candy, etc. from their home state or country.

Here is a thread that will explain it in more detail as well as show great pictures of FEs:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

FE Gift Pictures:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....980639&page=15

If you know me...I just have to add a list! So here are a few ideas for FE gifts:

Customized mint tins
Door Magnets
Bottle of Bubbles with personalized wrappers
Mardi Gras Beads for Sail away
Life Saver with personalized wrappers
Gum with personalized wrappers
Name Badges with lanyard
Candy bars with wrappers
Mini Travel Kit - A zip lock bag with band aids, rubber bands, paper clips, zip ties, safty pins etc.
Travel size wrinkle spray with personalized wrapper
Custom pens and writing pad
Disney playing cards
Glow Sticks / Necklaces
Pirate things (eye patch)
Postcard from hometown
Candy
Suckers with a cruise wrapper
Key ring
Dice
Zip/Cable Ties - to keep the FE attached to the fish so that it isn't swiped by roaming teenagers
Make magnet invites for a group meeting like ice-cream social for girls of the same age
Thank you cards for tips / note cards
Homemade CD’s
Disney Recipe Cards
Stickers
Puzzles
Rubber Duckies
Lip Balm with wrapper
Disney things from the dollar stores
Picture frames
Miniature scrapbooks
Beachballs
Travel games from the travel thread
Children's books
Playing Cards
Disney Pencils/Pens
Anything "Disney" from the different dollar stores
A survival kit in a large zip-loc bag with things like sun block, Q-tips, floss, first aid kit, chap stick, wrinkle spray, ties for FE.....add a fun poem

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 09-27-2009 at 08:43 PM.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #77
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Bump
wonderful thread

Hugs Mel
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #78
runskyhy
It's not less monkey, it's Moe Monkey!

Subscribing - this information is awesome! I love the FE gifts list.

On the first page at the bottom of post #5 (by jtanddolly), one of the clip art sites listed is 'disneyclips.com'. I can't seem to access that website. Is it my computer? Can anyone else access it today? Thanks!

RC Oasis, Western Caribbean 03/2014
Disney Fantasy, Western Caribbean 05/2012, 10/2013
Disney Dream, Bahamas 03/2011, 07/2011 , 07/2013
Disney Wonder, Bahamas 03/2006, 03/2009, 10/2009, 02/2013
Caribbean Princess, NE & Canada 10/2012

Disney Magic, Eastern Caribbean 10/2011
Coral Princess, Southbound Inside Passage 06/2010
Carnival Ecstasy, Key West & Cozumel 03/1995
WDW, FL 05/1992, 02/2010, 09/2010, 02/2013
West CA 01/2010, NV 4/2012, AZ 3/2013
runskyhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #79
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by runskyhy View Post
Subscribing - this information is awesome! I love the FE gifts list.

On the first page at the bottom of post #5 (by jtanddolly), one of the clip art sites listed is 'disneyclips.com'. I can't seem to access that website. Is it my computer? Can anyone else access it today? Thanks!
It is back up and running...they were probably just updating the site.

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 09-27-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:34 PM   #80
runskyhy
It's not less monkey, it's Moe Monkey!

Thanks!

RC Oasis, Western Caribbean 03/2014
Disney Fantasy, Western Caribbean 05/2012, 10/2013
Disney Dream, Bahamas 03/2011, 07/2011 , 07/2013
Disney Wonder, Bahamas 03/2006, 03/2009, 10/2009, 02/2013
Caribbean Princess, NE & Canada 10/2012

Disney Magic, Eastern Caribbean 10/2011
Coral Princess, Southbound Inside Passage 06/2010
Carnival Ecstasy, Key West & Cozumel 03/1995
WDW, FL 05/1992, 02/2010, 09/2010, 02/2013
West CA 01/2010, NV 4/2012, AZ 3/2013
runskyhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #81
GlenbeulahGal
Earning My Ears

Frustrated to tears

Ok, I am so aggravated right now and need some help and specific directions! I am captivated by all of the cute DISigns that I am seeing and wanted to try to make a few things for my kiddos. I thought I would start with the countdown calendar but need to modify the one I found. I thought I understood that I could upload it into Microsoft word and make the changes I wanted. I have been sitting here for about 45 minutes trying to figure out how to do that. GRRRRRR Can anyone give me the "idiot" instructions please?

I thought the calendar was going to be easy compared to making autograph books, invitations, t-shirts and luggage tags! Humph!

Tracy

GlenbeulahGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #82
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenbeulahGal View Post
Ok, I am so aggravated right now and need some help and specific directions! I am captivated by all of the cute DISigns that I am seeing and wanted to try to make a few things for my kiddos. I thought I would start with the countdown calendar but need to modify the one I found. I thought I understood that I could upload it into Microsoft word and make the changes I wanted. I have been sitting here for about 45 minutes trying to figure out how to do that. GRRRRRR Can anyone give me the "idiot" instructions please?

I thought the calendar was going to be easy compared to making autograph books, invitations, t-shirts and luggage tags! Humph!

Tracy
Do me a favor and ask this on the "How to DISign using MS Word" thread. If you can post a link to what you are trying to modify and let me know the changes you are trying to make. Here is a link to that thread "How to DISign..." thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286193

Old 10-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #83
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

bump

Old 10-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #84
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

I haven't posted anything new in a while to make for your trip...so here is something new!!! If you are traveling as a group with your family (or friends)...take some time before hand and track down some "cherished family recipes" and make recipe books for all of the families that will be traveling with you. Maybe you will be staying in a condo and different families will be responsible for meals while you are there...you could get each of them to make up recipe cards for their meal so that if other families like it...they can make it once they return home from the trip! Just an idea...

I have blank disney recipe cards that I made as well as a few that I added some recipes to in my 4shared file.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/18450947/...ipe_Cards.html

Last edited by jtanddolly; 10-15-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #85
hollybearsmom
Please send my fairy godmother home, pronto!

These are great ideas.
hollybearsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #86
thmar
DIS Veteran

...lovin' this thread!!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
thmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #87
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

I love this thread too! 2 questions...
What exactly have you put into the candy pockets?
Where is the link for the little wrappers that go on small candy bars and kisses? the link on first page doesn't have anything in the 4shared folder anymore.

It just amazes me how talented people are to come up with this stuff! And more than that.. to share it with everyone! Thank You Thank You!

Last edited by nicolepdonnelly; 10-17-2009 at 08:30 AM.
nicolepdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #88
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepdonnelly View Post
I love this thread too! 2 questions...
What exactly have you put into the candy pockets?
Where is the link for the little wrappers that go on small candy bars and kisses? the link on first page doesn't have anything in the 4shared folder anymore.

It just amazes me how talented people are to come up with this stuff! And more than that.. to share it with everyone! Thank You Thank You!
1. Candy pockets. Depending on the size...you can put almost anything from individual breath mints to m&m's to gold fish. The list is endless depending on how big you make them.

2. You are right...Telynn's link isn't working anymore to her 4shared file and she had the cutest things!!!! I'm in shock because I loved her things and I'm thinking of all the things that are no longer available and I didn't save. I just looked in her file not too long ago and it was working. I hate that they are no longer available!!! She is the one that had the cute characters for nugget candy bar wrappers and gum. Hopefully it will work again...

BUT you can find nugget wrappers in this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ghlight=nugget

Last edited by jtanddolly; 10-20-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #89
Mickey's Best Girl
Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse.... what else is there?

OK, my turn to spread a little planning pixie dust.

I have created some planning cards/pages for those OCD planners out there (you know who you are!).

You can find the thread here. Feel free to PM me or post requests to this thread. I usually send requests out twice a week.

Thanx for such a great thread!
Sept. '89, offsite ** Oct. '98, offsite ** April '06, Pop ** Dec. '07, Pop ** Nov. '08, CBR ** Nov. '09 4 nights @ POR - 3 nights on DCL Wonder - 7 nights @ Pop ** April '10, Pop ** Nov. '10, Pop ** April '11, Pop ** Oct. '11, Pop - endured 40th anniversary mayhem and lived to tell the story, barely ** April '12, Pop ** October '12, AOA Mermaid ** October '13, Pop
Mickey's Best Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #90
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Here is something that I don't think has been mentioned...GIFT BASKETS/PAILS/BAGS!

Here is a thread with pictures of gift baskets made by Shirley for disney cruises...I bet you will find some cute ideas for putting one together yourself!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220

Here are a few things that I came up with to put in the baskets when another poster wanted things for adults. She already had sunscreen, sunglasses, disney things from the dollar stores, candy bars and candy with disney wrappers:

• Water bottles with cute disney wrappers. Most adults love to have some water on the night stand at night.
  • For a funny gift...a cute mickey head cut out with a funny saying and a packet of aspirin attached. Yes Disney is absolutely wonderful!!! But after a long day at the park...you and the other adults traveling in your group may need a little something for the aching back, feet, muscles or head.
  • I went with 4 families and each set of adults had their own "date night" planned and the other families took care of the kids for that night. If you are able to have "date nights" with your group. Maybe you could have the small individual bottles of wine or champaigne and plastic wine/champaigne glasses.
  • I always love travel kits. Check out my travel thread for some ideas on what to put in one. It also has great printable games that you could include in with family baskets. They are fun for car, plane or train rides and just hanging out in the hotel room!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2191711
  • Put a pack of playing cards and print a few card games on them to give families something to do in their rooms. Or you can find disney playing cards at the dollar stores for old made, snap, etc.
  • maybe come up with a fun resort/hotel scavenger hunt list. Then if there is a mom and dad (or two adults) in the room...one of the adults can take the kids on a scavenger hunt around the resort and the other adult can get a break! Put things like rubber band, paper clip, piece of paper, stick of gum, something with mickey (have several different characters for them to find) on it, ...
  • Okay got off track...adults...hummm... Small flashlights for their backpacks. They come in handy when you are at the parks late for parades or just an evening in the park. I used mine a lot to find things in my backpack or to just light the way.
  • Glow sticks, glow necklace/bracelets. I got them just for the kids in our group for the evening parades and the adults all wanted them too.
  • rain ponchos...they aren't just for bad weather! You can get them for $1.00 at the dollar stores, they come in small packets that don't take up a lot of space and they are great for staying somewhat dry on wet rides.
  • small bottles of hand sanitizer and/or handy wipes...unless you have a baby...you don't always think to carry around packets of wipes. Hand sanitizer is nice, but if your hands have dirt on them...it just moves it around. Wipes will get it off!
  • if money is no object...have a towel, bathrobe or golf shirt monogrammed or have disney character embroidered on it.
  • add a pillowcase cover with a DISBoard DISign on it or have a disney character embroidered on. Or get a baby/travel pillow...you know the kind they have on airplanes...and add a disney pillowcase to it. They are fun for traveling or for having characters autograph them! You can find embroidered disney pillowcase covers on ebay.
  • for the younger kids...put some bath toys in their basket! It is always nice to have something for them to play with in the tub!

Last edited by jtanddolly; 11-04-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: