Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #16
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

subbing

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:58 AM   #17
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

Wow, Dolly, I so happy that I found this thread... you've answered every single question that I had... You are a breathing Disney Encyclopedia ha! ha! Great job!!!!

2003- DisneyWorld, off-site / 2004 - DisneyWorld, OKW/
2005 - Disneyland, off-site / 2006 - Jan 30th Coronado Spring 2007 - OKW/SSR / 2008 - OKW / 2009-OKW/ 2010 vacation home
trip report/4 gals and a boy 2008
ChevyNat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #18
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNat View Post
Wow, Dolly, I so happy that I found this thread... you've answered every single question that I had... You are a breathing Disney Encyclopedia ha! ha! Great job!!!!
Glad I could help...I'm all about lists and organization.

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #19
GOOFY4DONALD
DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They were so proud they made it a Hidden Mickey!

I am giving this thread a bump. Dolly your ideas are so great and I think many people could benefit from them. I just want every one to find it.
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

GOOFY4DONALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:15 PM   #20
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Here is another thing to make that I'm not sure I listed in my long note:

STROLLER TAGS / STROLLER LICENSE PLATES

If you have never been to the World before and you are planning on taking a stroller...you have to make a large stroller tag so that you can easily find your stroller. When ever you go to a ride or a show...you will "park" your stroller outside the event but when you come out it will be moved 80% of the time. It isn't a bad thing...they are just trying to keep them organized but there will be several strollers just like yours there and by hanging an 8.5x11 (paper size) tag off of the handles...you will be able to easily spot your stroller instead of having to check out every row that has a stroller similar to yours. Here are a few hints...definitely laminate your stroller tag and use zip ties (also called cable ties) to attach them to the handles of your stroller.

There are lots of cute stroller tags...some with princesses some that look like license plates that DISigners personalize by putting the state you are from and the initials of your child(ren) and age(s).

I will post more ideas as I think of them!

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #21
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Just thought of one more:

"Heard you were coming to visit Disney" Letters.

I have made several letters for parents to "mail" to their children from Disney characters like the princesses, fairies and mickey and the gang that say fun things like..."We heard you will be on your way to WDW very soon and are so excited you are coming for a visit. Make sure you stop by to visit us at Mickey's Toontown Fair. Love, Mickey and the Gang"

All children love to get letters in the mail and what better than to get a letter from their favorite character!

Old 05-31-2009, 06:44 PM   #22
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

My favorite Disney book is
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/097...TF8&me=&seller=
The Complete Guide to Walt Disney World. I like it because it has so much interesting information. I have been going to Disney for years and learned some new "stuff".
JT&Dolly, What a great bunch of information.
thank you. Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:33 PM   #23
GOOFY4DONALD
DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They were so proud they made it a Hidden Mickey!

I have an idea but I am very uncreative that maybe someone reading this can help make it happen. This idea may be useful to other parents as well.

At my kiddos school they have "caught being good slips". These are given out by members of the staff when a student is being good without being asked. They are given a slip with a small treat attached. My kids love these. If a child gets a certain amount they get a larger prize (I think DD received a bike safety set). I was dreading the summer and all those summer fights between my kids when I thought I would apply the same idea at home. I wouldn't tell them but when (or if) I caught my kids being good or nice to each other I would give them a slip with a treat attached. If they get a certain amount I thought about rewarding them with some souvie money, when summer ends. Does anyone think they can make a 'caught being good design'? I would like this to be a bit economical (as in not a ton of ink) since I will, HOPEFULLY, be giving many out this summer.
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

GOOFY4DONALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #24
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Bumping for Penny

Old 06-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #25
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

WOW - Dolly!!!! You are amazing!!! Thank YOU for all of these ideas .......... it's fantastic!!! I'm saving this thread - I know I'll be using a lot of it come time for our next trip!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #26
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

If you are traveling (especially by car) to get to the World or your Cruise...you need to check out this thread of things to keep your kids entertained! There are printable travel games, paper dolls and so much more!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2191711

Last edited by jtanddolly; 10-15-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #27
jmm012
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanddolly View Post
Sorry that was sooooo long...I bet you are wondering why you asked.
Thanks for all of this great information in one place! I always seem to forget where I've seen something.
jmm012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #28
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm012 View Post
Thanks for all of this great information in one place! I always seem to forget where I've seen something.
So you won't forget where things are...start a word document (I named mine "Links to DISigners") and everytime you come across a thread, photobucket or shared file that you like, copy the link, paste it to your word document, add the DISigners name and a little bit about the items they make that you liked. Then you will have them all at your fingertips. That is what I do and it really helps.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #29
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

What an amazing thread!!!! Nothing like a little light reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanddolly View Post
Just thought of one more:

"Heard you were coming to visit Disney" Letters.

I have made several letters for parents to "mail" to their children from Disney characters like the princesses, fairies and mickey and the gang that say fun things like..."We heard you will be on your way to WDW very soon and are so excited you are coming for a visit. Make sure you stop by to visit us at Mickey's Toontown Fair. Love, Mickey and the Gang"

All children love to get letters in the mail and what better than to get a letter from their favorite character!
I did this for my kids before our last trip and they LOVED it! I used the Waltograph font and some clip art to make it seem real. They were almost 4 and almost 2 at the time and really believed mickey and Minnie had sent them mail! I'll definitely be doing it again before our next trip!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #30
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Awesome thread!!

The few things we did for our last trip were:
1. Mousekeeping envelopes (I didn't print them from a Disigner because I ran out of time, but I hand-drew them, the kids colored them and decorated with stickers we'd gotten from the movie club). I also like to pre-fill, so I know I have enough ones for them!
2. Tshirts. My hubby originally thought I was a dork, but he was the one who ended up spending more time on them and printing and ironing. He's so excited some of our friends decided to go next year with us, he's already planning all the matching shirts.
3. Pressed penny tubes...and let me tell ya, I had to go to SEVERAL different stores/gas stations to find them. I will buy them at Christmas time this year!
4. A LGMH laminated with my Dis Name and our Snowbirds group name for my backpack.
**Someone (Monny2AE or Disney_Mommy_3) did inserts for sippy cups, so I'm still on a constant search for those sippy cups, and I'm thinking about pillow cases if we drive next time!

PS I'm pretty sure that the Tollhouse thing and the build a robot thing have been cancelled! Such a bummer!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Oct. 2014-???
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: