Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #196
kaytayprincess
Earning My Ears

This is probably a really dumb question with a simple answer (actually I hope it is simple!)
I have tried to print some images for magnets, t-shirts and travel planners/journal pages and they always come out blurry. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. I really am blown away at the generosity and creative ideas you all have!
kaytayprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #197
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytayprincess View Post
This is probably a really dumb question with a simple answer (actually I hope it is simple!)
I have tried to print some images for magnets, t-shirts and travel planners/journal pages and they always come out blurry. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. I really am blown away at the generosity and creative ideas you all have!
You are saving the thumbnail image. Here are a few pointers:

4shared files:
1. click on the first image that you see - this will give you a new window with the same picture
2. scroll down the page until you see a button that says "download now"
3. you will need to download the picture then save the third and final image to your pictures on your computer

photobucket:
• The first image that you see is the thumbnail image and you will have to click on that image to open up a second larger version.
• The second image is still not large enough. If you waive your mouse over the image towards the top and you will see some gray buttons that will appear at the top of the picture.
• Next click on the button on the far left that says “file” and in the drop down menu click on “download”.

Hope that helps!

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #198
kaytayprincess
Earning My Ears

Dolly,
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
kaytayprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #199
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about.

We are a grand gathering of 8 going in October and I have at LEAST 6 shirts for each of us (some have more!)

I also made placemats with everyone's name (Kelly's designs!) b/c we are staying offsite and thought it would add some Disney to the house. I haven't made any pillow cases...but I still have 5 months! LOL

I have a huge box (ok, two now.) full of stuff I'm collecting for the trip...poncho's, autograph books, pins, shirts, beach towels, halloween costumes... everyone I know thinks I'm nuts and they're probably right, but I'm having fun, that's all that matters.
I would love to see the placemats as well.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #200
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanddolly View Post
Here is a list of "free things" to do while you are at Disney to add to your organizer:

Free Things To Do
• A Lanyard Full of Charms that Kids can Decorate Themselves: Sharpie sponsors the 6 Kidcot stations in Future World. You can pick up a lanyard (necklace) at any of them. Visit them all to collect the different charms with fun themes like Kim Possible. Color them to make them unique.
Locations: All stations are located in Future World:
1. Innoventions East – near the entrance
2. Innoventions West – near the entrance
3. The Seas with Nemo and Friends – lower level
4. The Land – on the top level near “The Circle of Life”
5. Test Track – in the gift shop after you exit the ride
6. Imagination! – after the ride
• Personalized Plastic Robot: This is very cool! First you build your own virtual robot and race it against other guests’ robots using the properties of plastic to give you an edge. Then you choose the parts and colors you like and create your own real plastic robot to take home with you. This robot stands about 7 inches tall - with moveable limbs!
Location: In Future World’s “Innoventions East” at “Fantastic Plastic Works”
(they may no longer do this...but look on line to find new wonderful free things!)
• Chef’s Hat & Toll House Cookie: Nestle sponsors the Junior Chef Program where kids learn to follow a recipe and bake real Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies. When they're fully baked, they get to sample the cookies they made. And - if that’s not enough – they also get to keep their chef’s hat! Note: This program is available for children aged 3-10. They must sign-up for this in advance and book a time. The groups are very small so get there early.
Location: In Future World’s “The Land” on the lower level near “Living with the Land.”
(they may no longer do this...but look on line to find new wonderful free things!)
• Need a Drink to Go with that Free Cookie? How about free soda? This chill zone called “Club Cool” is sponsored by Coca Cola and features samples of beverages they sell around the world. It’s self-served and you can drink as much as you like. Some are yummy and refreshing. Others are … well – find out for yourself!
• A Mask with Charms to Attach and Decorate: Pick up a mask at any country in the World Showcase, and then add a different charm at each additional country you visit. Spend some time and personalize the mask and charms with the Sharpie markers that are provided. At the China pavilion, you can learn your birth sign (according to the Chinese calendar) and how to write your name in Chinese. Tip: If you collect all 11 charms, you get a special bonus!
• Collect autographs instead of pins.
• Collect a Monorail Co-Pilot Card: They will allow four people to sit up front with the captain on each ride…all you have to do is get there a little bit early and ask.
• Collect stickers from Cast Members
• Collect pressed pennies. They aren’t free but they are only 51 cents, which is a lot cheaper than pin collecting.
• Collect swizzle sticks that they give out at some restaurants.
• Pick up a free birthday button at the entrance to each park if it’s your birthday.
• Ask the front desk at your resort what “free” things there are to do: for example at the Wilderness Lodge, one family gets to raise the flag each morning.
• Investigate special kids' programs at your Disney resort hotel. The Deluxe resorts usually have kids' recreation programs such as coloring, crafts, pool games, Hidden Mickey searches, and storytelling at various times. Cost: FREE to guests of the hotel.
• At Downtown Disney kids can play in interactive fountains or build legos for free at the Lego store
• Check out the FREE magic demonstrations at the Magic Masters shop -- learn a card trick!
• If you're looking for a fun photo opportunity, consider visiting the All Star resorts or Pop Century. These hotels feature enormous "pop culture" icons. Take a family photo in front of a 35-foot Buzz Lightyear!
• Several of the resorts, including Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian, and Yacht Club, offer FREE tours that are open to any Disney resort guest (whether you are staying at that particular hotel or not). Some of the tours require a reservation, so inquire in advance.
• Sing around the campfire and watch a FREE Disney movie. The campfire program at Ft. Wilderness is open to all Walt Disney World resort guests. It is held every evening, at about 7:00 pm in fall and winter and about 8:00 pm in spring and summer, near the Meadow Trading Post. The program starts with a sing-a-long and marshmallow roast. You can bring your own food or buy it from the Chuckwagon, which sells S'more kits for about $9 (makes enough for about 4 people) and also offers other food such as pizza and hot dogs. Chip and Dale meet the guests and sign autographs. Then a Disney movie is shown on a large outdoor screen. There is some seating on bleachers and benches, or you can lay out a blanket. No reservations necessary -- just show up. Cost: FREE to all Disney resort guests.
• A similar outdoor campfire and movie program is offered at Beach Club Resort. There is a campfire sing-along on the beach, followed by a Disney movie. (No characters attend this one.) Ask at the front desk for a schedule. S'more kits that make enough for about 4 people are sold for about $9. No reservations necessary -- just show up. Cost: FREE to all Disney resort guests.
• Port Orleans-Riverside offers a seasonal "Campfire on de' Bayou" with stories and sing-alongs around a fire at the Ol' Man Island Fishin' Hole. (No characters attend this one.) It usually runs in the winter, from Halloween through sometime in March, and only a couple of nights a week (most recently, Sunday and Thursday), weather permitting. Ask at the front desk for a schedule. S'more kits that make enough for about 4 people are sold for about $9. No reservations necessary -- just show up. Cost: FREE to all Disney resort guests.
• Take a stroll. There are lovely walkways or nature trails around almost all of the resorts. A great time for visiting the resorts is Christmas when they have their decorations up.
o At night you can wander along the Polynesian's beach, sit in a cabana and watch the Electrical Water Pageant and the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom. Walk through the tiki-torchlit gardens between the Great Ceremonial House and the beach. It's all very romantic. (Please keep in mind that the beach and particularly the cabanas are primarily intended for guests of the Polynesian, though there is nothing to prevent the general public from using them.)
o Watch the Wishes Fireworks from the Grand Floridian boat dock. Narcoossees restaurant is nearby and receives the audio soundtrack from the Magic Kingdom, so you can enjoy the fireworks synchronized to the music. There's a little bit of delay due to the distance, but it still works. Seeing the fireworks reflect off of the lake is beautiful.
o From the Boardwalk, meander up to the back gate of Epcot, or over to Disney's Hollywood Studios around closing time and enjoy the music and perhaps a glimpse of IllumiNations or Fantasmic!. The bridge that goes over to the Swan and Dolphin sometimes has nice views at that time.
o During the day, explore the woods from the Wilderness Lodge to Ft. Wilderness.
o Stroll from the Grand Floridian to the Wedding Pavilion and poke your head in. (Unless there's a wedding in progress, of course!)
o At Animal Kingdom Lodge, you can walk out to the viewing areas and see the exotic African animals roaming free. Note that the animals come out around dusk -- you won't see any during the day. (Please keep in mind that hotel guests' rooms open right out onto the viewing areas, so quiet is very much appreciated.)
o Visit the Butterfly Garden located behind Acadian House in Port Orleans Riverside's Magnolia Bend section.
• Watch the Electrical Water Pageant. This floating parade is visible nightly, usually starting at 9:00, from Disney's Magic Kingdom-area resort hotel docks and beaches. The pageant takes about an hour to move slowly around the lake, stopping at each resort in order: Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Ft. Wilderness and Contemporary. Cost: FREE.
• Make the rounds of the Disney resorts and collect something! You can make your own scavenger hunt for little or nothing
• Find “Hidden Mickeys”
Are these all still valid???

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #201
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink View Post
Are these all still valid???
pretty much.

The Kidcot "charms" are cardboard, but very cute.

The plastic robots were out of business last time I looked.

But now in innoventions, there's a very cute banking thing with a pig that's not on this list.

Since the accident last year, I don't believe anyone is allowed to ride with the monorail pilot any more.

I think the cookie making in The land is gone when they redesigned and enlarged the food court.

The new KimPossible games in Epcot.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #202
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
pretty much.

The Kidcot "charms" are cardboard, but very cute.

The plastic robots were out of business last time I looked.

But now in innoventions, there's a very cute banking thing with a pig that's not on this list.

Since the accident last year, I don't believe anyone is allowed to ride with the monorail pilot any more.

I think the cookie making in The land is gone when they redesigned and enlarged the food court.

The new KimPossible games in Epcot.
Thanks!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #203
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

Never mind. LOL

Last edited by Happy Mom2; 09-18-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Happy Mom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #204
KR1343
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone!
I can't thank everyone enough for all of the great work they do on these boards. They always make each vacation a wonderful time!!!
I am going again at christmas time with 3 other adults. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for adults or anything special at christmas?
Thank you again!
KR1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #205
clovicelee
Mouseketeer

Wow!!!!

If I only could have found this thread earlier.....I survived all 14 pages and have now added even more projects to my list :-) It will all be worth it to see the smiles on the kiddos faces
Old 11-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #206
bear74
DIS Veteran

bump
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:19 AM   #207
tiggergalttfn
Mouseketeer

Ok so just under 2 months and there is much I want to do.... let's see how much I can get done!! Problem is I want it all to be a surprise for the kids so have to do when they are asleep and I work afternoon/nights... so guess I will need more coffee to stay away LOL

2nd trip Dec 2013 were scheduled for Caribbean Beach and were upgraded to Grand Floridian - pretty swanky

3rd trip Sept 2015 - It's official going to celebrate my 40th birthday at Disney!

tiggergalttfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:17 AM   #208
Rachandgarry
DIS Veteran

I so relate to this thread - I'm literally addicted to this stuff.

I can see how, in the real world, what I'm doing is a hugely wasteful use of my time (there is *plenty* of stuff that actually needs doing in this house/our lives lol). So many important things are being postponed or left for another day just because I want to sit on the disboards being inspired, then making things and printing things... lol. but that's pixie dust for ya, it'll get you every time!

The worst thing about it is that I love so many of the disigns, but actually have no use for them so I'm 'inventing' things to do and make so I can use them. I keep saying "oh I love that image, I'll print and laminate it and display it somewhere either in the room, or on the stroller, etc...." I'm making an autograph book, even though my son's special needs will probably prevent him even knowing what autographs are, I'm making t-shirts even though when we go (Disneyland Paris) it is going to be so cold that he will have a ski suit on over the top lol.... but I still can't stop myself doing it all!

It is nice to know that this addiction isn't unique, hehe, and that we're all suffering from the same Disneyitus!

Hugs to all,
Rachel
Rachandgarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #209
lrmesq
Earning My Ears

So excited to make some of these great ideas for our upcoming trip1 Thank you!
lrmesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #210
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

I love this thread. It gets me so excited just reading everyone's great ideas!
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: