Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #181
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

So excited to make as many of these awesome ideas as I can. Thanks so much to everyone is so generously shares their designs.
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #182
Rachandgarry
DIS Veteran

*what* a thread -

I cannot believe there is so much information available, and in one place too!

The DISboards are full of lovely helpful people and the DISign forum especially....but I have to say, Dolly I can't believe how much I've learnt from reading your posts. Thank you *so* much!

I have 14 months to go until our trip, so I'll leave the crafting for a while but in the meanwhile I'm getting lots of good tips and learning every day!

Thanks again,
Rachel
WDW Commando Club member #197
Rachandgarry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #183
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachandgarry View Post
*what* a thread -

I cannot believe there is so much information available, and in one place too!

The DISboards are full of lovely helpful people and the DISign forum especially....but I have to say, Dolly I can't believe how much I've learnt from reading your posts. Thank you *so* much!

I have 14 months to go until our trip, so I'll leave the crafting for a while but in the meanwhile I'm getting lots of good tips and learning every day!

Thanks again,
Rachel
Awww! You are so welcome! Glad that I could help.

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #184
TheNextBelle
I Have A Serious Disney Addiction Problem...And It Has Mickey Mouse Written All Over It!

Location: Illinois...45 minutes from St. Louis, just across the river

Ok....don't think I'm silly....but I have read and re-read alot on here....there is so much info....but my question is if I wanted to do t-shirts.....how do I go about getting the perfect design for our shirts and I see everyone has printed them out....but how and on what kind of paper??? Yes, I'm totally clueless here...don't laugh

I did see somewhere there are camo mickey heads......in green, pink and purple......was thinking on the lines of them...with our "nicknames" on them?

Please help my clueless mind!

DH Me DS(13) OurSusieQ(sheltie)

WL May 2010 CSR May 2011 Off Property July 2011 POP March 2012

TheNextBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #185
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

TheNextBelle,

Search through different designers shared files and find images that you like. Then you can make a request on their threads for them to personalize the image for you (if they have a thread).

You can buy t-shirt transfer paper most anywhere, but the best I have used is from Amy Mickey...she is one of the designers on the Boards. You can find her in the "meet the DISigners" thread and send her a pm with a request for her website. We aren't allowed to post it on the Boards as that is advertising. Hope that helps.

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #186
TheNextBelle
I Have A Serious Disney Addiction Problem...And It Has Mickey Mouse Written All Over It!

Location: Illinois...45 minutes from St. Louis, just across the river

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanddolly View Post
TheNextBelle,

Search through different designers shared files and find images that you like. Then you can make a request on their threads for them to personalize the image for you (if they have a thread).

You can buy t-shirt transfer paper most anywhere, but the best I have used is from Amy Mickey...she is one of the designers on the Boards. You can find her in the "meet the DISigners" thread and send her a pm with a request for her website. We aren't allowed to post it on the Boards as that is advertising. Hope that helps.
Thank you so Much Dolly!!! This helps!!

DH Me DS(13) OurSusieQ(sheltie)

WL May 2010 CSR May 2011 Off Property July 2011 POP March 2012

TheNextBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #187
Disneylover7901
DisneyLover7901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about.

We are a grand gathering of 8 going in October and I have at LEAST 6 shirts for each of us (some have more!)

I also made placemats with everyone's name (Kelly's designs!) b/c we are staying offsite and thought it would add some Disney to the house. I haven't made any pillow cases...but I still have 5 months! LOL

I have a huge box (ok, two now.) full of stuff I'm collecting for the trip...poncho's, autograph books, pins, shirts, beach towels, halloween costumes... everyone I know thinks I'm nuts and they're probably right, but I'm having fun, that's all that matters.
Don't feel bad...everybody I know thinks I'm nuts too!! I have a huge box too and it is all I think about..LOL!!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #188
sandiegosusie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover7901 View Post
Don't feel bad...everybody I know thinks I'm nuts too!! I have a huge box too and it is all I think about..LOL!!
I would love to see your placemats...what a great idea!

DCLWonder 2003
DCL Wonder 2007
DCL Magic 2009
DCL Dream 2013
DL annual passholders...too many trips to count.
WL 2003
CSR 2007
POR 2008
POFQ 2009
CR 2011
sandiegosusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #189
mawmaw040510
Earning My Ears

Oh my gosh at all the wonderful ideas. DOLLY you are awesome and have me trying my hands at making stuff. Gonna need a part time job to keep me in stock with transfer paper and tshirts..

But then again.. NO TIME TO WORK cause all I want to do is design something.

THANK YOU to all the great folks on here for your time and teachings..
mawmaw040510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #190
carrielovesdisney
Mouseketeer

My family thinks I am crazy too! But i am having so much fun!
carrielovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #191
SueRS
DIS Veteran

When we went in 2007. There were 9 of us for 7 days. I made 64 shirts. One each for each day and a special one for my sil as she turned 40 the day we left.

We are planning to go again in 2011 (just 4 of us) and I was told no shirts.

I may have to sneak one or two each.
Next Trip: 12/31/2011

SueRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #192
joelybelly
Mouseketeer

My family thinks im losing it bc all I do is talk about our trip and what im making for the kids for their surprise! Sometimes I think I AM going crazy Thank you all of you wonderful DISigners!!! Dolly you are so awesome!!!

joelybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #193
AllieV
DIS Veteran

Ok, I didn't read all 13 pages of comments, but does anyone know where I can get those great tie-dyed mickey shirts? Are those homemade or purchased from disney? And do you know of someone that makes them? I'm not looking for a transfer. Thanks much.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #194
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieV View Post
Ok, I didn't read all 13 pages of comments, but does anyone know where I can get those great tie-dyed mickey shirts? Are those homemade or purchased from disney? And do you know of someone that makes them? I'm not looking for a transfer. Thanks much.
Most of the people of the DISBoards make thier own. There is a thread that teaches how to make them if you do a search. There is even a video tutorial somewhere.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #195
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieV View Post
Most people do make their own, but I didn't have enough time last year & bought one from Etsy for my son. The lady I purchased it from is a DISer but I can't post info on here since we aren't allowed to advertise/sell. I'll find her info & PM you about it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: