Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #166
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2princesses2 View Post
I found your post on how to personalize them...you ROCK!!!

Thanks so much!!!
So sorry...I'm traveling this week and don't have my computer...this is the first time I've been able to get online. I'm glad you found the "How to Personalize DISigns with MS Word" thread, and have been able to use the directions. Way to go!!!

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #167
elderfam
There is no such thing as too many Disney trips!

I have to plan a trip just so I can make some of these amazing things!

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

elderfam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #168
nursetinagb
Earning My Ears

Ok I just bookmarked 43 links to check out! Thank you!! You rock!! Can't wait to start trying to figure out what to all make!

Planning our third trip to WDW March 2013

nursetinagb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #169
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Bump--great thread

Hugs Mel
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #170
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Where can I get the personalized gift notes.

I think they are in Natilie's file, but I can not find her link to request them. Anyone know how to get them?
2009 AsMu - Our 1st MNSSHP with the MA Family
2010 CBR - Our 1st MVMCP with YaYa, Morgan & Marek
2011 Our 1st Disney Dream Cruise with one night at the Contemporary
2012 Wilderness Villas - Girls Night at Disney - Mother/Daugther Trip

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
lovbeinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #171
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovbeinmom View Post
I think they are in Natilie's file, but I can not find her link to request them. Anyone know how to get them?
Look in Natalie's 4shared file:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/5978989/a...s_DISigns.html

I think the ones you are lookin for are in the "gift tag" file. Natalie is not personalizing right now but it is super easy to save them as a jpeg to your pictures. Then open up a word document and insert the picture. Then insert an textbox over that to personalize the note.

You can find detailed instructions for how to personalize DISigns using MS Word on this thread (if you have Word):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286193

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:15 PM   #172
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanddolly View Post
Look in Natalie's 4shared file:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/5978989/a...s_DISigns.html

I think the ones you are lookin for are in the "gift tag" file. Natalie is not personalizing right now but it is super easy to save them as a jpeg to your pictures. Then open up a word document and insert the picture. Then insert an textbox over that to personalize the note.

You can find detailed instructions for how to personalize DISigns using MS Word on this thread (if you have Word):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286193
Thanks Dolly!! I got it to work.
2009 AsMu - Our 1st MNSSHP with the MA Family
2010 CBR - Our 1st MVMCP with YaYa, Morgan & Marek
2011 Our 1st Disney Dream Cruise with one night at the Contemporary
2012 Wilderness Villas - Girls Night at Disney - Mother/Daugther Trip

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
lovbeinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #173
Wolfie68
Mouseketeer

Dolly you are amazing!! Thank you for this thread and all the ideas, I will have my days planned out for me making my binder and lists!! You Rawk!!
Wolfie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:39 AM   #174
LBollengier
If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Question Punch card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY4DONALD View Post
I am officially an addict. ....

I also am looking into a dining punch card and canvas tote bags for my girls. But I am curious what does everone else make and take with them? This is the best way to pass the time before the trip (not like I don't do anything else )
Okay, I have been trying to figure out a dining punch card! Do you make one for each person to keep up with dining plan?

I am intrigued!

Me DH , DD20 & DD14 DGS8 * * DVC OWNERS ~ BWV, BLT & GCV * *
Planning: Annual Food & Wine Trip Oct 14 with Halloween Dream Cruise with Lennox!! WDW Homeschool Jan 2015 & Norway Magic 2015!!
Need to Scrap!!
DCL: Galveston Nov 2013, WONDERful Alaska 11 & 13, Magic Mexican Riviera 05 & 08, Magic Carribean 01 & 07, Dreamy Bahamas July & Oct 2012
WDW - BWI/V, Cont/BLT, Poly, WL, GFL & AKL 75, 84, 86, 89, 91, 93, 94, 98, 02, 04, 06, 10, Mar+May+Oct 11, Jan+Apr+Oct 12, Jan & Oct 2013, Jan 2014
DL - 1966, 76, 87, 99 - Grand California 05 & 08
LBollengier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:42 AM   #175
LBollengier
If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovbeinmom View Post
Thanks Dolly!! I got it to work.
This also works in Pages and Keynote which are the Mac versions of Ms word!

I love this thread! This is going to be the best trip ever!
Thanks ever so much for sharing your talents and sweet personality!

Me DH , DD20 & DD14 DGS8 * * DVC OWNERS ~ BWV, BLT & GCV * *
Planning: Annual Food & Wine Trip Oct 14 with Halloween Dream Cruise with Lennox!! WDW Homeschool Jan 2015 & Norway Magic 2015!!
Need to Scrap!!
DCL: Galveston Nov 2013, WONDERful Alaska 11 & 13, Magic Mexican Riviera 05 & 08, Magic Carribean 01 & 07, Dreamy Bahamas July & Oct 2012
WDW - BWI/V, Cont/BLT, Poly, WL, GFL & AKL 75, 84, 86, 89, 91, 93, 94, 98, 02, 04, 06, 10, Mar+May+Oct 11, Jan+Apr+Oct 12, Jan & Oct 2013, Jan 2014
DL - 1966, 76, 87, 99 - Grand California 05 & 08
LBollengier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:47 AM   #176
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBollengier View Post
Okay, I have been trying to figure out a dining punch card! Do you make one for each person to keep up with dining plan?

I am intrigued!
We used it, but only had one for the family. It worked GREAT!
Old 10-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #177
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie68 View Post
Dolly you are amazing!! Thank you for this thread and all the ideas, I will have my days planned out for me making my binder and lists!! You Rawk!!
Thanks for the praise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBollengier View Post
This also works in Pages and Keynote which are the Mac versions of Ms word!

I love this thread! This is going to be the best trip ever!
Thanks ever so much for sharing your talents and sweet personality!
I'm so glad that it worked for you with a Mac version of Word! I know your trip will be amazing!!! I think the best advice I can give is...if you make nothing else...make an autograph book if you like meeting the characters. A personalized autograph book makes meeting them extra special and most make a big deal over their cards.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #178
alayne
DIS Veteran

I love this thread the best. It's like my check list for what to make. Thanks so much for doing this.
alayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #179
stitchs4kidsmy4kids
Earning My Ears

as much as i LOVE the ideas on this thread, I am now totally overwhelmed as to where to start with all the thinks to print and make! lol! But thats not actually a bad thing. good thing I have 8 months to go
Emmy,,,age 8
Julia,,,age 5

Last edited by stitchs4kidsmy4kids; 01-16-2011 at 09:10 PM.
stitchs4kidsmy4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #180
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchs4kidsmy4kids View Post
as much as i LOVE the ideas on this thread, I am now totally overwhelmed as to where to start with all the thinks to print and make! lol! But thats not actually a bad thing. good thing I have 8 months to go
First thing...don't get overwhelmed. Your kids will be so excited by the trip that if you don't make a single thing it is perfectly fine.

I would suggest since you have 8 months. Start with a simple planning journal so that you can plan out your vacation, like what days you will be at specific parks, extra things you would like to do like Bibbity Boppity Boo Make Over or MVMCP/MNSSHP. Also, a planner will help you to get your meals organized!

Include in you planner a list of things you would like to make or buy and then you can check them off. Maybe pick just a few things and then if you get them made...add some more. I always suggest planning some set time weekly or at least once a month where you can sit down and get some crafting done.

Some musts (depending on the age of your children):

T-shirts (you can make or buy them)

Autograph books (older age kids may not be interested in these but they are GREAT for little ones and character meals)

Travel Bags for the kids: I love putting backpacks together with fun things to keep the kids occupied in the car or plane. You don't even have to make anything for this. Go to the Dollar Tree as they have TONS of great Disney things like coloring books, puzzles, toys, games, playing cards, crayons that you can throw in a backpack or bag. Don't forget to throw in a few snacks as well when you get closer to your date of travel!

Some things to do next (if you have the time and desire):

Daily Journal for the kids: there are lots of great ones out there...but if you want one that is already set up in MS Word and doesn't require a TON of ink...check mine

Epcot Passport

You still have several months to go and are really getting into the trip:

Mickey's Grand Welcome

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: