Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #196
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Thank you all - he's over now, so I'll show this page to him! And that little smiley is cute! Is he a new image on the boards? Never seen it.

We just watched "A Bug's Life".... I love Hopper!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:36 AM   #197
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Ahh!!! There are only 25 days left! It's been 75 days since I started this pre-trip report. And 160 days since I decided we were going on the trip (that ill-fated Saturday).

I can start counting down in weeks now! (Well, I already did that this past Tuesday.)
But to think - 25 days from now, we should be on the plane, headed down towards Florida - I'm so excited!

I found some of those glowy necklaces and some Misty Mates in my attic while I was getting the big checked suitcase. I also found the other poncho, which is good, because I wanted to bring them with us, and not have to buy any.

I also placed my Garden Grocer order, because I keep adding food that we wouldn't need. I finally went through and purged it of unneccesary things, and then ordered, so I wouldn't waste any more money....

Alright, I'm off to Lou's surgery! Thank you for all your well wishes to him... I'm hoping it's not too gross, and I don't get freaked out. We'll see....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2009, 09:32 AM   #198
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Sending Lou get well and speedy recovery wishes!

No, I'm not in the cab share - offered to host a Pool Party at OKW and/or BWV pool though! Hoping to see people in the parks too!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:34 AM   #199
Villainess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
Thanks! Apprx how much do you charge for your bows out of curiousity?
They range from $8 for the 10" streamer practice pony o's to $8-10 for 6" tailsdown pony o's with 6-8" tails of grosgrain ribbon to $13 - $19 for various sequined 6" tailsdown pony o's.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:35 PM   #200
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

The surgery went very well - his doctor said they might want to remove more of the marks he has on his back, as a few others might not be good. First they're waiting for the results of this test though, which will take a week. He gets the stitches out in two weeks.

After they removed it, and he was getting ready to go, he stood up, and got really faint.

So they told him to lay down for a bit, and brought us (his mom and I) in, and we waited with him until he felt better. He said the nurses were really good about talking to him while he was undergoing the surgery, to take his mind off of it. He said he talked about his job, so I have a feeling he just rambled on and on about working on Codzilla for 30 minutes. I feel bad for the nurses.

I got more Mickey Mail today! New luggage tags and a new resort book. Now I can't let him see it, because it has our new room information on it.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:52 PM   #201
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
They range from $8 for the 10" streamer practice pony o's to $8-10 for 6" tailsdown pony o's with 6-8" tails of grosgrain ribbon to $13 - $19 for various sequined 6" tailsdown pony o's.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
The surgery went very well - his doctor said they might want to remove more of the marks he has on his back, as a few others might not be good. First they're waiting for the results of this test though, which will take a week. He gets the stitches out in two weeks.

After they removed it, and he was getting ready to go, he stood up, and got really faint.

So they told him to lay down for a bit, and brought us (his mom and I) in, and we waited with him until he felt better. He said the nurses were really good about talking to him while he was undergoing the surgery, to take his mind off of it. He said he talked about his job, so I have a feeling he just rambled on and on about working on Codzilla for 30 minutes. I feel bad for the nurses.

I got more Mickey Mail today! New luggage tags and a new resort book. Now I can't let him see it, because it has our new room information on it.
OH! Wow! Well I'm glad he's doing well! I must have missed a part or a postDid you not tell Lou about the upgrade to SSR?
Old 07-31-2009, 11:01 PM   #202
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Wanted to use that little guy again, he is just so darn cute! Yay for the surgery being over! Yikes to being awake during it and about 30 minutes of Codzilla! A week to wait eh? Why does that sound like a long time, or is it just me?

Woot to the Mickey Mail!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:41 PM   #203
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks

OH! Wow! Well I'm glad he's doing well! I must have missed a part or a postDid you not tell Lou about the upgrade to SSR?
Oh, sorry.. I may not have been clear. I always get so when I think about it that I probably wasn't clear. He knows about the upgrade to SSR, but he doesn't know that we're staying in a 1 bedroom, he thinks we only have a studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Wanted to use that little guy again, he is just so darn cute! Yay for the surgery being over! Yikes to being awake during it and about 30 minutes of Codzilla! A week to wait eh? Why does that sound like a long time, or is it just me?

Woot to the Mickey Mail!
He is very cute! I like it. He's very bright - and I never noticed the halo shimmers! And does it seem like a long time? I'm not sure, I've only had the body scan, never had anything removed before.

Maybe it seems like a long time because time is going so slowly for you, with only TWO WEEKS LEFTTTT!!!!

So I was sneaky - I wanted to bring more laundry stuff with us to Disney, but I didn't want to bring a bottle, in case it spilled. And as I've said (I think somewhere else), Lou's family has those 3-in-1 laundry sheets. So I was like "Hey, do you think I could try one of those sheets? I want to see if they work in our washer, and if they're worth it."

And Lou, of course, expecting nothing, because he has no idea about the room, was like "Sure!" So he brought it over, and I bagged it, so it didn't melt everywhere. He was like "aren't you going to use it?" And I was like "oh. uhm.. not yet! You're over. Why would I do laundry instead of watching A Bug's Life with you?"

Him: "Oh, right. Let's go watch the movie then!"

That was a close one.

It's a good thing it's August now! That means I only have to keep the secret for.. a little less than a month.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:48 PM   #204
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, sorry.. I may not have been clear. I always get so when I think about it that I probably wasn't clear. He knows about the upgrade to SSR, but he doesn't know that we're staying in a 1 bedroom, he thinks we only have a studio.

He is very cute! I like it. He's very bright - and I never noticed the halo shimmers! And does it seem like a long time? I'm not sure, I've only had the body scan, never had anything removed before.

Maybe it seems like a long time because time is going so slowly for you, with only TWO WEEKS LEFTTTT!!!!

So I was sneaky - I wanted to bring more laundry stuff with us to Disney, but I didn't want to bring a bottle, in case it spilled. And as I've said (I think somewhere else), Lou's family has those 3-in-1 laundry sheets. So I was like "Hey, do you think I could try one of those sheets? I want to see if they work in our washer, and if they're worth it."

And Lou, of course, expecting nothing, because he has no idea about the room, was like "Sure!" So he brought it over, and I bagged it, so it didn't melt everywhere. He was like "aren't you going to use it?" And I was like "oh. uhm.. not yet! You're over. Why would I do laundry instead of watching A Bug's Life with you?"

Him: "Oh, right. Let's go watch the movie then!"

That was a close one.

It's a good thing it's August now! That means I only have to keep the secret for.. a little less than a month.
Haha! Your too funny with the Laundry sheets! Are you gonna tell him you liked it and get a few more ! Maybe you did say it clear maybe I wasn't really reading and just scaning!
It's 12:46am on August 1st as I write this! YAY! 23 days! I can't believe it's going so fast now!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:50 PM   #205
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haha! Your too funny with the Laundry sheets! Are you gonna tell him you liked it and get a few more ! Maybe you did say it clear maybe I wasn't really reading and just scaning!
It's 12:46am on August 1st as I write this! YAY! 23 days! I can't believe it's going so fast now!
I know! It really is! And what's great is that during the last few days, we'll all be so busy getting ready, packing, etc, that those days will FLY by.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:02 AM   #206
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know! It really is! And what's great is that during the last few days, we'll all be so busy getting ready, packing, etc, that those days will FLY by.
I know it's great especially with Coaching Cheerleading during the week also and working etc... It will definitely be here like TOMMORROW! LOL! Hey did I read back further that you have Facebook? If you do let me know i'll PM you my info or you pm me yours.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:22 AM   #207
Villainess

A week is about right for the results to come in - they usually do a quick one and then a more in depth test, but since it is the weekend - the labs aren't usually staffed to full capacity so they concentrate on emergency or rush cases first.

(From what I learned when my aunt had breast cancer and I guess what happened when I had a cyst removed from my hand - I was 13 so didn't pay much attention then).
Old 08-01-2009, 08:00 AM   #208
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Ohh, okay. So it's kind of like that test where they do the 5-minute one (which is usually wrong), and then a more in depth one. I forget what that's for. Throat cultures?

....All the parks just opened!!! It's 9 am!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #209
LadyGracey
"If we can dream it, we can do it..."

Hi--I clicked on your siggie link--Really enjoying your report so far!!!!

I haven't stayed at SSR (or any of the DVCs for that matter) so I am excited to hear what you think of it. I bet you guys are excited!

Hope Lou is feeling better and everything turns out OK!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:53 AM   #210
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGracey View Post
Hi--I clicked on your siggie link--Really enjoying your report so far!!!!

I haven't stayed at SSR (or any of the DVCs for that matter) so I am excited to hear what you think of it. I bet you guys are excited!

Hope Lou is feeling better and everything turns out OK!
Thank you very much! You've probably already left, so have a great time at Disney!

I will definitely report back on my experiences as to how SSR is, I can't wait!

Lou is feeling better - he's really tired, since he's working every day for a week at work, and those are long hours. He's trying to be careful with his shoulder, but the doctor did a good job, so he's not too worried. I have a picture he sent me, but I won't subject you guys to it...

He got 11 stitches on the outside... eep! And then more interior ones that dissolve.

On a lighter note, we went over the songs he thinks he can do for American Idol (depending on if they have them in different keys or not), and I figured I'd share it with you guys:

Life is a Highway - Rascal Flatts
Ain't Too Proud to Beg - The Temptations
I Heard It Through the Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
You Are the Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder
Go The Distance - Hercules
You'll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins
Stand By Me
Your Song - Elton John

I'm pretty sure these were them. I remember there were 8. His top two are probably "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" and "Your Song", but I'm hoping he might add "Go The Distance" as well, because as you can tell, I love Hercules.

22 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: