Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #31
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Aww, man!! 2 pages in already....but I am here!!
No problem. By the way I loved the drinks at Ohana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
So, AKL was my next trip...sounds like I might have to reconsider...the staff does not sound like it has their stuff together... I hope the value we are staying at next week has it together...loved the PORFQ the time we stayed there...

sounds like the MK made it better...love the haircut...just cut Ashton's hair yesterday should've waited for MK...
I wanted POFQ, too. But they were sold out. Our 1st choice has been WL. So wish we could have gotten in there. The staff at AKL did leave something to be desired...the house keepers were nice, but we never got any towel animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgle View Post
Ugh about the room!

I can't wait to hear more about the trip!! So sad we didn't get to hang out more We should all plan like a girls only trip sometime so we can all go together!
Jason told me the same thing...he has no desire to go again for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Uh oh....put those babies on disc right now! Good luck with everything...I'll be back over later tonight.
I doubt I will get an update tonight. Sorry! I did get my photos backed up, though. I need to check out Apples at the mall this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Awww! What a magical memory!!

And even more by being offered a ride with the monorail pilot without even asking for it!!

Off to a nerve-wracking start, but a fabulous first day!!

Kathy
Didn't even know you could get on...the guy told us thanks for waiting for the next monorail. We were never in a hurray to get anywhere after the 1st morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Signing on for more. Trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation.
Me, too. It may be a long time before I get to go again. I should feel lucky I have been to Disneyland hundreds of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopypharmd View Post
Can't wait to hear more! Stinks about the room ...
I'll try and get on tomorrow. My 1st daycare baby left after 4 hours today and had hand, foot and mouth. Yikes. He won't be back for a week. So I can type while bugsy aka Austin sleeps tomorrow. I did get some more photos uploaded on photobucket. Talk to everyone later...and thanks for reading.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #32
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Joining in,
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #33
BridetobeDisney
DIS Veteran

Sorry your 3 pages in and I just made it over! I'm just exhausted. LOL

I can't believe they gave you a parking lot view. I would have laughed in their face and told them they are either getting me a savanna view or upgrading me to a club level room. LOL

I'm loving the pictures. You did such a great job capturing everything. I love the haircut pictures.

Oh and Jenny is my new best friend!! I love her. I swear I could sit for hours and just listen to her stories. She's just like me!

I didn't take good food pics either. Tyson was just taking up all my time.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #34
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
Joining in,
Thanks for coming over!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridetobeDisney View Post
Sorry your 3 pages in and I just made it over! I'm just exhausted. LOL

I can't believe they gave you a parking lot view. I would have laughed in their face and told them they are either getting me a savanna view or upgrading me to a club level room. LOL

I'm loving the pictures. You did such a great job capturing everything. I love the haircut pictures.

Oh and Jenny is my new best friend!! I love her. I swear I could sit for hours and just listen to her stories. She's just like me!

I didn't take good food pics either. Tyson was just taking up all my time.
Jenny can talk to anyone anywhere. She had a boyfriend on the flight home...he was the exact same age and sat right in front of us. They held hands. Ugh! I was trying to take photos. I totally forgot to do shopping, though. I wanted that bag at DHS so bad!!! We only came home with a couple tshirts and some figures.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #35
MEK
DIS Veteran

Lovely trip report. Sorry to hear about the AK room. They should have offered to move you next day. But I guess with little ones that might be more trouble than its worth. Looking forward to reading more!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #36
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Day 2

So we woke up without an alarm today and headed down stairs for our 8:30 photo session at AKL. We had a nice girl, but she could not get Jenny to smile. Ugh! Then we grabbed some breakfast at The Mara. I don't think the CS food is very good here. But that may just be us.

Next off to Epcot. We got on the bus and headed over. It was another beautifully sunny day. We headed straight for the Character Spot. These photos are all on the photopass. Oops! Then we headed around the worlds. I didn't realize the time difference and apparently we were the 1st ones to visit Mulan and Snow white. Jenny wanted to be tink still so....Then Jason had to stop and try and get his groove on...We told him to keep his day job.

We had lunch ressies at Tutto Italia. I had the pasta with proscutto and peas. It was YUMMY! Jenny had the pasta with white sauce. She didn't like the fruit. The dessert was so good...and I am not a chocolate fan. We decided after lunch we were hot again and tired. So we took the boat back over. Jason and I did test track, amd then Jason did some space ride. We took Jenny on Nemo last and headed back to the resort. Jenny did some more swimming while Austin napped.

When we got back from the pool Josh called and we got moved to the best room possible our new view: We were room 4515...right next to one of the big viewing windows and a corner room. We could see animals almost 24/7. So worth the wait.

That night we headed to Downtown Disney for supper. We ate at Earls. I wish I would have taken a photo. It is so worth the trip. Then we headed to Goofys:There is no way you can eat this in one sitting.

Then we went in the pooh store and got Austin a shirt. Jenny found this:

By this time it was getting ready to rain and getting late so we headed back to the hotel to get some sleep.

I will try and get the rest done before we leave again on Friday. We are going to Ankeny for a long weekend at my bil and sil. I can't wait...we have the same age kids and we always have so much fun!!!! Did I just say I was excited to pack again???

By the way I saved receipts to everything so if you want prices for anything just let me know!

Last edited by bertegirl; 05-19-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #37
momofoneplustwinz
Mouseketeer

Sounds like the first 2 days were good except for the room on day 1! Can't wait to read more. Have fun coming to my town this weekend, I will frantically be cleaning and packing!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #38
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

I just went to Shutterfly to order prints 600 and it told me it will take 17 hours to upload. Oh my. I am going to make Jenny a scrapbook on line for her birthday, but I want to wait and get the cd from the photopass first. At least I can get started.

We are going to do a Mickey mouse birthday party.

So my cousins just bought a house in Colorado in the foothills near Boulder. Anyone ever go??? We want to take a trip there next year and need some ideas of must do's!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #39
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

I'm so happy that your second room was so wonderful! Jenny looks so cute with her "Tink-face!" How was Austin with the characters??

They can be a little intimidating when you're that little!

Kathy
Old 05-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #40
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I'm so happy that your second room was so wonderful! Jenny looks so cute with her "Tink-face!" How was Austin with the characters??

They can be a little intimidating when you're that little!

Kathy
Austin just wanted to snuggle with them or eat them. Jenny was never afraid either, though! Except of Santa Claus. She just finally got over that fear this past year. I think its the facial hair.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #41
BridetobeDisney
DIS Veteran

Oh we bought too much! I found the bag but it was so tiny. It was for little girls. I kept looking for a bigger version but never found it. I fell in love with pin collecting though. Brad and I both are addicted.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #42
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Happy to hear about the second room...that is what I picture a room with a view to look like...love the pics of your family--ya'll all look great... and I love Jenny's tink face
Old 05-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #43
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Happy to hear about the second room...that is what I picture a room with a view to look like...love the pics of your family--ya'll all look great... and I love Jenny's tink face

My thoughts, too. Yeah...only problem she wanted to spend $15 every day to get it painted, again!

Old 05-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #44
MEK
DIS Veteran

Nice update! Love the view from your second room. I had to wait to see your pics until I got home from work. Very nice!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-20-2009, 01:15 AM   #45
kgle
My son's slave

Wow that view is amazing! I am so glad that it worked out I think the portrait session pictures are cute!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: