Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2009, 11:53 PM   #16
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Soooo..... was that room at the end of the long hallway a Savanna view??

Seems odd... how could they have "sold out" when you reserved it?

Anyway, glad you arrived safe and sound.

Don't worry about not getting food pix...we understand! With little ones along, we know what the priorities are!

Kathy

Last edited by KathyRN137; 05-18-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:06 AM   #17
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Officially

Mistake 1:asking the guy at the front desk how to get to the MK on the following morning for our breakfast.
Mistake 2:talking to the valet man
Mistake 3:did we read the first 2???I think that was enough
So Mothers Day began at 6:00 am sharp. We don't take long to get ready. So when the front desk man said we had to be at the bus stop between 6:30 and 6:45 I thought no problem. Wrong! I did not factor in that I needed to pack a bag to take to the park. I took way too much. You learn fast!!!

We headed down to the bus stop at 6:35 am. I asked the valet man and he told me to head over to the sign. Did he realize that I meant the bus to the resort and not to the airport. We waited 10 mins and no bus. I was freaking out because the man the night before told me the breakfast bus only runs from 6:30 to 6:45 and then stops until 8. It was almost 7 by this time. SOOO I went and talked to the valet man. He called Mears and then realized I was wanting to go the parks. Duh! So he called another number and they said the buses run every 20 mins. Good to know. We headed down to the correct bus stop and around the corner came the bus to the Magic Kingdom. Yeah! We hopped on and off to the park we went. We got there with plenty of time to spare. I think we were number 10 in line to enter the park for our 8:05 Crystal Palace reservation. Our 1st view To anyone who has never gone this early...do it. Main street just has a different feel.

When we checked in..they told us to wait a minute and they would call our names. They did and we got a great spot right in the middle. I didn't take any food photos, because the characters came our right away and I was busy taking other photos and getting autographs. Jason said the eggs with veggies were awesome. I ate lots of fruit that morning. Jenny had cheese (a staple of her diet) and a Mickey waffle.

We got our 1st dis sighting...Mike, Emily and Wendy!!! What a cutie Emily is and Jenny had an instant new friend.

After this we headed to the barber shop. We got there and there was no one in line. Yeah for us!!! Austin sat still. He loved the toy they gave him. Which I forgot to buy during our trip! They gave Austin a my 1st haircut hat Too cute!!!

We headed for the rides then...Dumbo 1st of course, Tea Cups, Cars, Winnie The Pooh, Snow White, Phila Magic. We decided around 1 we were hot and wanted to let Austin take a nap. So we headed back to the resort. Jason and Austin took a nap and Jenny and I hit the pool. The best thing about AKL...hands down.

We had a 4:45 reservation at 1900 Park Fare. We took the bus to the Magic Kingdom and hopped on the monorail. Our next trip we will be staying here!!! This was by far the best meal we had at WDW. Even hubby loved it and sait he would do it again. Jenny just loved Prince Charming Afterwards we went on the monorail again back to the Magic Kingdom...as we were boarding the man asked Jenny is she would like to sit in the front A totally cool view.

We did Splash Mountain, Aladdin, Pirates, and a few others. By this time it was almost 9 and Jenny does not like fireworks. I made a huge mistake and got us stuck in the back of the park. We decided to just take a chance and folded up the stroller, Jason grabbed Austin and I told Jenny to hold onto mommy and we pushed our way through the crowd to the front. I can not believe how rude some people can be. Just move over. Next time I will take Mike and Wendy's advice and use the excuse me I am going to be sick trick!!! We made it back to our room around 10:30 and hit the beds.

Tomorrow...photo session at AKL and a day at Epcot.

Last edited by bertegirl; 05-19-2009 at 11:45 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2009, 12:12 AM   #18
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Soooo..... was that room at the end of the long hallway a Savannah view??

Seems odd... how could they have "sold out" when you reserved it?

Anyway, glad you arrived safe and sound.

Don't worry about not getting food pix...we understand! With little ones along, we know what the priorities are!

Kathy
I don't know...I think they had bumped a lot of people to better views during the previous week. Or at least thats what someone told me. Yes it was a Savannah view or so they called it. We faced a fence.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:06 AM   #19
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

OMG you have got to be kidding me. If they gave your room away after you paid for it you should have been bu ped to a BETTER room. Please tell me you griped about it some more. Last time I paid for a "better" location I was done the same way. So I asked for my money back and they said the room was not a gurantee. Well, in the end I got my room and his you know what got in some trouble for being a jerk. I would not have dealt with a fence view at a premium price. Forget that.

I have to say Austin is so cute in his first Mickey ears! Looks like things are getting good now. Can't wait for the next update!
Old 05-18-2009, 07:20 AM   #20
kadesha
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I am in shock about your room! I cannot believe that you paid for a Savanna view and they were just going to give you a parking lot view! Do they think people are crazy, like you are just going to be ok with that!! Gosh, makes me mad just reading it! lol!

Your first day at MK seemed like so much fun!! Can't wait to read more!

Last trips: August 2006, May 2007, November 2008, June 2009, and May 2012

Kadesha
Al
Alyssa
Destiny
Old 05-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #21
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

Oh I"d be SO mad about the room!

Sounds like you had a great breakfast at Crystal Palace.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #22
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
OMG you have got to be kidding me. If they gave your room away after you paid for it you should have been bu ped to a BETTER room. Please tell me you griped about it some more. Last time I paid for a "better" location I was done the same way. So I asked for my money back and they said the room was not a gurantee. Well, in the end I got my room and his you know what got in some trouble for being a jerk. I would not have dealt with a fence view at a premium price. Forget that.

I have to say Austin is so cute in his first Mickey ears! Looks like things are getting good now. Can't wait for the next update!
I will try and get on tonight. My computer is still acting up and I just realized all my WDW photos are on it...so I need to back it up. Ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesha View Post
Hi!

I am in shock about your room! I cannot believe that you paid for a Savanna view and they were just going to give you a parking lot view! Do they think people are crazy, like you are just going to be ok with that!! Gosh, makes me mad just reading it! lol!

Your first day at MK seemed like so much fun!! Can't wait to read more!
We had a great first day and loved the warm weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshannon View Post
Oh I"d be SO mad about the room!

Sounds like you had a great breakfast at Crystal Palace.
We did and I was!!!

Old 05-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #23
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Aww, man!! 2 pages in already....but I am here!!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #24
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

So, AKL was my next trip...sounds like I might have to reconsider...the staff does not sound like it has their stuff together... I hope the value we are staying at next week has it together...loved the PORFQ the time we stayed there...

sounds like the MK made it better...love the haircut...just cut Ashton's hair yesterday should've waited for MK...
Old 05-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #25
kgle
My son's slave

Ugh about the room!

I can't wait to hear more about the trip!! So sad we didn't get to hang out more We should all plan like a girls only trip sometime so we can all go together!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #26
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertegirl View Post
Austin sat still. He loved the toy they gave him.

Awww! What a magical memory!!

And even more by being offered a ride with the monorail pilot without even asking for it!!

Off to a nerve-wracking start, but a fabulous first day!!

Kathy
Old 05-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #27
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Uh oh....put those babies on disc right now! Good luck with everything...I'll be back over later tonight.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #28
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Signing on for more. Trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #29
dlovesdisney
Earning My Ears

Hi! Loving your trip report. I just subscribed. My family and I are leaving for our first trip to WDW in less than two months. We're staying at AKL too. Can't wait for your next installment!

Thanks!
WDW: June 2011 POFQ and Poly
WDW: August 2012 POP Century

Next trip:
WDW & Universal: July 2013 Sheraton Vistana
My family: Me ; DH and DS(8)
Old 05-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #30
snoopypharmd
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to hear more! Stinks about the room ...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: