Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
MomLC
We Love Our Princess

Disney Vinylmation ?

My aunt is going to WDW in July and I would like her to pick up 3 small vinylmation characters for me. But once she purchases them how can she check to make sure they are not the same? We live in Chicago and I could not return them once she brings them home. Thanks for the info.
RIP 2/18/11
MomLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
Tink's Pixieduster
Haven't a clue why it would be there
WAKEY, WAKEY!! RISE AND SHINE!!!

I just returned from WDW last weekend and have to tell you that, first of all, the 3-inch Vinylmation figures can be hard to find depending on your timing. The small Vinylmations sell out quickly. I got lucky and found a few, buying four of them.

Your aunt can open the boxes on the spot after purchasing them. If your aunt can find a case with three or more Vinylmation boxes in it, I suggest she get your three from there. Each case is not supposed to contain any duplicates. But if she makes separate purchases there may or may not be anything she can do about duplicates.

By the time I got to the parks most of the small Vinylations fom the current series were gone, but I did get lucky and found them in a couple of places. The second place I found them there was one on the counter behind the cashiers that was open and on display. A previous customer had purchased it, and it was a duplicate for them. The cashiers encouraged me to open my Vinylmations on the spot and if one of the ones I bought was a duplicate of one I already had or if I preferred the one on display more I would be allowed to trade. As it turned out, one of the ones I purchased was a duplicate of one of the two I had purchased at a store earlier, so I traded for the one on display. The cashiers told me that not all locations selling the Vinylmation figures are doing this, but I can't imagine why not.

I was told the newest series is supposed to be released at the end of this month.
Tink's Pixieduster is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
Harvestmooner
Mouseketeer

What is Vinylmation??
Harvestmooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
BradyBz12
1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

Some info HERE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have (2) 10% AP discount cards. PM me if interested.
I can put them in the mail tomorrow... no charge!
BradyBz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
MomLC
We Love Our Princess

Another Vinylmation Park 2 Question

I am interested in purchasing 2 of the 9" Editions. Can you actually see these before you buy them or are they also a mystery? Thanks!
RIP 2/18/11
Old 06-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
WDWTigger72
C.E.O. Walt Disney World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink's Pixieduster
Your aunt can open the boxes on the spot after purchasing them. If your aunt can find a case with three or more Vinylmation boxes in it, I suggest she get your three from there. Each case is not supposed to contain any duplicates. But if she makes separate purchases there may or may not be anything she can do about duplicates.
Just wanted to correct something from another dis'er above, basically you can purchase an entire case of 3". The case itself holds 24 blind boxes in them which you cannot tell which character you will get (Sort of!). The 3" case contains two sets of vinylmation, a chaser and an additional figure. For example:

22 Figures (Two Duplicates of the 11 basic vinyl figures)
1 Chaser (Sort of a mystery vinylmation figure)
1 Additional Figure (This is a duplicate or a third of the original 11)

24 Total

So, You can definitely get duplicates of the 3" figures within a case and it specifically says something similar to what I wrote above right on each case. The blind boxes are literally that...You don't know what is inside, and the vinyl figure is also wrapped in a foil bag, which also includes a collector card. In the earlier two series, They always had each case in the same order with the same figures so people knew where certain vinyl figure characters would be. This has changed and they are truly in random order now, except if you buy a case there is a way to tell what character is inside each blind box through a secret code. Not many people talk about this because most of us are hoping Disney changes their packaging so this is not seen in the future. Hope this information helps you...

I have been lucky enough to collect all three series that have been released so far (Park Series 1, Urban Series 1 and Park Series 2). I enjoy collecting mostly Disney vinyl figurine characters, so when Disney released Vinylmation I was pretty happy about it.

Park Series 1 (3") - http://www.register123.com/event/pro...D=0x14618765f5
Urban Series 1 (3") - http://www.register123.com/profile/w...rPage=location
Urban Series 1 (9") - http://www.register123.com/profile/w...5&varPage=info
Park Series 2 (All) - http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservic...nylmation.html

There is also a website specifically dedicate to Vinylmation collectors if your interested in checking it out, not sure of the disboards rules anymore but basically it is called "Vinylnation" and you can find it by doing a quick google search.

The 9" Vinylmation figures are not blind boxed and you can phsyically see what character your purchasing right through the front of the box. I am glad these are not blind boxed because I wouldn't want to spend $39.95 to purchase a Vinylmation character I didn't want. Oh, Or even better they have some for $74.95. Here is a breakdown:

3" Vinyl Figure = $9.95 Each
9" Vinyl Figure = $34.95 Each
3" and 9" Vinyl Figure Combo = $74.95

Hope this helps answer your questions, and let me know if there is anything else I can help answer.
1997 Onsite – Disney's Wilderness Lodge
2000 Offsite – Sierra Suites
2000 Onsite – Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
2001 Onsite – Walt Disney World Swan
2002 Onsite – Disney's Caribbean Beach.
2002 Onsite – Disney's Wilderness Lodge
2002 Onsite – Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter
2005 Onsite – Walt Disney World Dolphin
2006 Onsite – Walt Disney World Swan
2007 Onsite – Disney's Saratoga Springs and Yacht Club
2009 Onsite – Disney's Polynesian Resort
WDWTigger72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
05MM08MM
DIS Veteran

You can now purchase these online at DisneyStore.com in the Theme Park section.

I'm going to try to find them though when I go in September though.

March 1997 WDW Offsite, May 2008 Wilderness Lodge, Sept 2009 Portofino Inn & Suites - D23 Expo, Sept. 2009 Pop Century, Nov/Dec 2010 Sheraton Vistana Resort - offsite WDW, Jan 2011 Pop Century, Aug 2011 Eden Roc Inn Anaheim - D23 Expo, Nov 2011 Marriot Grande Vista Resort - offsite WDW, Aug 2012 HOJO Anahiem - DLR, Oct 2012 Disney Magic Cruise, Dec 2012 Disney Dream Cruise & Art of Animation WDW, Feb 2013 Disney Magic Cruise, June 2013 Coronado Springs WDW, Nov 2013 Disney Magic Cruise
05MM08MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
MomLC
We Love Our Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MM08MM View Post
You can now purchase these online at DisneyStore.com in the Theme Park section.

I'm going to try to find them though when I go in September though.
Thank you so much for letting us know. I would have NEVER thought they would sell them on-line. Thanks again!
RIP 2/18/11
Old 07-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
GrumpyMom25
DIS Veteran

I believe they just started selling them online ... I had gotten in touch with them when they started selling park merchandise on-line as they were not available in the beginning. Maybe enough people were interested in them that they finally added them.

GrumpyMom25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #10
SassyCat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyMom25 View Post
I believe they just started selling them online ... I had gotten in touch with them when they started selling park merchandise on-line as they were not available in the beginning. Maybe enough people were interested in them that they finally added them.
I thinkt hey just got added in the last few days. I believe I got an e-mail about it or something.

That's interesting some locations are allowing you to trade duplicates. I thought it was very much "no refunds or exchanges" for the duplicates.

I got my first ones ever a couple of weeks ago. I got six, and in that six, I got 2 sets of duplicates. I have been really wanting the toy story alien one. I wanted to get the whole set, but not for $238 plus tax.

Me: November 1990 (GF) April 1995 (GF) April 1996 (Disneyland offsite) DH: Summer 1991 (Disneyland onsite) April 2000 and 2001 (offsite)

Together: Dec./Jan. - 2008 (GF) Jan. 2009 - (GF) July 2009 - my amazing birthday trip (WL) Sept. 2009 - MNSSHP and Expedition Everest Challenge (GF and AKL) Jan 2010 - Family Fun 5K (Poly) July 2011 - WDW/US/IOA/SeaWorld/Discovery Cove (GF and PBR)
SassyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #11
GrumpyMom25
DIS Veteran

I had picked one up for myself and one for my daughter in the Disney Store in New York City ... had no idea they were such a big deal and hard to get. I also bought ours with the understanding that you get what your get ... no exchanges. I can't wait to see what they have available at the parks next month.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #12
hearts8701
DIS Veteran

Disneystore.com now selling Vinylmation Characters

Disneystore.com is now selling the much sought after Disney Vinylmation characters at its online store. You have a choice of the following:

Vinylmation Park 2 Series 3” Figures - Tray of 24-Pc. $238.80
Individual Vinylmation Park 2 Series Figure - 3” $9.95
Blank Vinylmation Mickey Mouse Figure - 9” $39.95
Blank Vinylmation Mickey Mouse Figure - 3” $9.95
http://www.disneystore.com/toys/vinyl-figures/c/301001/

Last edited by hearts8701; 07-15-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling
hearts8701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
MomLC
We Love Our Princess

Duplicates from Disney Store

I ordered 7 Park 2 series from the Disney Store and received 3 Mickey Poncho, 2 Ariel, and 2 Pandas. Anyone out there willing to trade PLEASE let me know. My 7yr daughter was sooo disappointed with all of the duplicates I told her I would give this a try. Just PM me if you are willing to trade. She is looking for the Monkey, one that looks like a lion, the 3 eyed one. Thanks!
RIP 2/18/11
Old 07-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #14
GrumpyMom25
DIS Veteran

I hadn't thought of this but my niece (who is as crazy as I am about Disney stuff) told me that people are using the blank 9 inch figures for collecting Disney autographs ... I think that is such a great idea.
Now ... does anyone know what store in EPCOT carries Vinylmation figures?

Old 07-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #15
natenapril
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyMom25 View Post
I hadn't thought of this but my niece (who is as crazy as I am about Disney stuff) told me that people are using the blank 9 inch figures for collecting Disney autographs ... I think that is such a great idea.
Now ... does anyone know what store in EPCOT carries Vinylmation figures?
There is a thread on the themes park and attractions board that showed a picture of this. Great idea!

natenapril is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: