Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 06:20 AM   #31
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

Claire,your trip sounds fantastic .I still remember your pm saying that you took advantage of poor Lee when he was 'high' .
Clever girl .
I can't believe how quick it has all come around,i am so looking forward to reading all about it when you return and i will be keeping everything crossed that neither of you are ill this time .x.

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #32
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieleanne View Post
Great pre-trippie and I love how you got DH to agree to the trip.
Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy-girls View Post
Claire,your trip sounds fantastic .I still remember your pm saying that you took advantage of poor Lee when he was 'high' .
Clever girl .
I can't believe how quick it has all come around,i am so looking forward to reading all about it when you return and i will be keeping everything crossed that neither of you are ill this time .x.
I am sneaky.

I can't believe that was back in August....time flies!

I really hope we aren't ill again too.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2009, 05:28 AM   #33
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Thank you all for reading along.

Here are the plans I have made so far, all though I should say they have changed many times already & I am sure they will change again once the park hours are released! Anyway for now they are as follows:

Sun 6th Sept: Overnight stay at the Hilton Gatwick.

Mon 7th Sept: Flight (Virgin PE), Magical express to OKW, unpack & either counter service or Olivias?

Tue 8th Sept: I am sure as usual we will be wide awake by 4 am so we will head to Hollywood Studios for opening & stay until mid afternoon. The plan is to head over to the boardwalk & grab some lunch, we may try ESPN as we haven't eaten there before. After lunch we will pop over to the Dolphin to collect our hire car then drive to Walmart/Publix to pick up some essentials....Alcohol! Not sure where we will eat this evening yet?

Weds 9th Sept: The plan is to head to Kennedy Space Center today, then in the evening pop to DTD for dinner at Raglan Road & probably a bit of shopping.

Thurs 10th Sept: Epcot today! Hoping to book Chefs de France for lunch & were thinking of trying Teppan Edo for dinner....but I am not convinced.

Fri 11th Sept: After drooling over some pics on here we are going to go to IHOP for breakfast this morning & then to either Prime Outlets or Mall at Millenia for a little shopping. Afterwards we will relax for a while at OKW before heading to Magic Kingdom for our first ever MNSSHP!!!!

Sat 12th Sept: Animal Kingdom is the choice for today, we will have a counter service lunch then I am not sure where we will go for dinner tonight. I am having so much difficulty choosing from all the yummy menu's.

Sun 13th Sept: Today will be Seaworld!! Dinner at the Yachtsmen Steakhouse tonight....we had a bad experience here in December (bad service & Lee had bad food) but I am going to give it another go as it gets great reviews.

Mon 14th Sept: Shop, Shop & more shopping!!!! We will probably go to the Florida Mall & either Prime outlets or Mall at Millenia today.

Tues 15th Sept: I want to book the Backstage Magic tour for today. Then I am hoping to get an ADR for Le Cellier tonight followed by either Illuminations or hop over to DHS for Fantasmic.

Weds 16th Sept: I have left a spare day here so we may head over to Typhoon Lagoon or just relax in the resort. Late afternoon we will head to DTD for some shopping & dinner at Raglan Road again (we are limited with choice as not that many restaurants at DTD are on the DDP) or we may just go to Wolfgang Puck Express & use up some CS credits.

Thurs 17th Sept: Off to Busch Gardens today! Hopefully I won't get stopped for speeding again this time though. We will stop off on the way back for dinner offsite. I am currently thinking of trying Ruby Tuesdays but once again I keep changing my mind on this one?

Continued below....

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland

Last edited by Pinky166; 05-20-2009 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:18 AM   #34
fizz13
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

Hi Claire,
sorry I missed this up till now, no idea where my head is at sometimes wow 21 nights!! them is some very clever tactics girl, may have to borrow them when i get back from this trip to persuade OH we need another one will be looking forward to all the upcoming plans

DISNEYLAND Anaheim 2005 WALT DISNEY WORLD dec91,jan02,jan05:mystic dunes aug06: polynesian, oct06:coronado springs,
aug07: pofq, dec07:allstarmovies-wilderness lodge, aug09: popcenturydec10: mystic dunes
DLRP-1998 Paris2000 Santa Fe2003 Val d'europe 2012 Cheyenne2013 sequoia lodge
fizz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:21 AM   #35
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Fri 18th Sept: We will head back to either Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom for a few hours this morning, we will decide on the day. In the afternoon we will be returning the car to the Dolphin & grab a late lunch/early dinner at Beaches & Cream before going to DTD to see La Nouba.

Sat 19th Sept: Get the bus to DHS again, have lunch at Sci Fi & stay at park until after Block Party Bash, head back to the resort to pack our cases. May go over to DTD to grab some dinner not sure yet.

Sun 20th Sept: I am so excited about this day!!!!! We are checking out of OKW & into the WONDER for our first ever cruise! Obviously we don't know what our dining rotation will be but wherever we eat I am sure it will be fab!!! We will spend the afternoon exploring the ship & attending the sailaway party!

Mon 21st Sept: This is our Nassau Day! We will be getting a taxi over to Atlantis on Paradise Island. Where we plan to spend the day at the resort reminiscing as we got married there in 2001. Oh how we looked so young:

(Sorry for the quality, they are scanned pics)

Tues 22nd Sept: Castaway Cay day!!! We will spend the day snorkelling, relaxing & drinking cocktails!!

Weds 23rd Sept: At Sea today! I am hoping to book dinner at Palo's and possibly a spa treatment - not sure yet!

Thurs 24th Sept: Time to disembark! However this is where I will have to reveal a little surprise to Lee.....I have upgraded our last 4 nights to the POLY!! So we will board the bus to the Poly not SSR! We will drop our luggage off & check in but I am sure our room won't be ready that early so we will have a look around the resort & then head to DTD for lunch at T-Rex. No plans for the evening but possibly pop to MK or watch Wishes from the beach at the Poly?

Fri 25th Sept: I am hoping to get an ADR at Ohana's for breakfast. Again no plans for today just relax at the resort in preparation for tonight ~ our 2nd MNSSHP!!!

Sat 26th Sept: Epcot all day today for the International Food & Wine Festival!! Our first time.

Sun 27th Sept: Kona Cafe for breakfast & either back to IF&WF or maybe DHS. This is our last night & I want to book California Grill (never been here before) so we can watch Wishes.

Mon 28th Sept: Pack & check out, head over to Magic Kingdom for the last few hours. Then back to the Poly to catch the magical express bus back to the airport!

Well that's it for now folks. I can book my ADR's in about 4 weeks so I will let you all know what I get & of course any changes I make!

Last edited by Pinky166; 05-20-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:00 AM   #36
wicket2005
Hasn't got a clue what a tag is
Christmassyfyed, yes I have had a glass of wine judging by that spelling

Sounds good Claire.

I can remember reading about you getting pulled over by the police in December. I would have been scared stiff.

1996, 1998, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008x2, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
wicket2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #37
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
...LOL!!!! Oh god what are we letting ourselves in for! Lee & Richard are really going to embarrass us!
TBH I'm used to it by now but I'm willing to offer incentives that may ensure good behaviour... How about any embarrassing shenanigans and we will have to be treated to new Pandora bracelets - and I'm talking about the 14kt gold one!!! Bet we wouldn't hear a peep!!!
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:59 AM   #38
CustardTart

Claire, I don't know what you were thinking but you left one or two things out!!!
Quote:
Weds 9th Sept: The plan is to head to Kennedy Space Center today, then in the evening pop to DTD for dinner at Raglan Road & probably a bit of shopping. Ensure red carpet in situ at BLT for arrival of Dick& Kaz...

Fri 11th Sept: After drooling over some pics on here we are going to go to IHOP for breakfast this morning & then to either Prime Outlets or Mall at Millenia for a little shopping. Afterwards we will relax for a while at OKW before heading to Magic Kingdom for our first ever MNSSHP. We will be chaperoned by Dick & Kaz in full Cap'n Jack/Liz Swann regalia!!!

Sat 12th Sept: Animal Kingdom is the choice for today, we will have a counter service lunch then I am not sure where we will go for dinner tonight. I am having so much difficulty choosing from all the yummy menu's. See Dick & Kaz off on their journey to Port Canaveral. Drive to the Port and re-lay red carpet...

Sat 19th Sept: Get the bus to DHS again, have lunch at Sci Fi & stay at park until after Block Party Bash, head back to the resort to pack our cases. May go over to DTD to grab some dinner not sure yet. Head to VWL with red carpet and get everything ready for the arrival of Kaz & Sophie. Ensure special order hunky bell service guys are there to help with their luggage and have Lee on standby in case one of them cannot make it...

Fri 26th Sept: Epcot all day today for the International Food & Wine Festival!! Our first time. Meet up with Kaz & Sophie and prop them up as drink their way around the World!!!

Sat 27th Sept: Kona Cafe for breakfast & either back to IF&WF or maybe DHS. This is our last night & I want to book California Grill (never been here before) so we can watch Wishes. Wave goodbye to Kaz & Sophie as they leave WDW and the Sunshine State. Hold back the tears and shop for more Pandora charms...
You will see I have made the necessary amendments...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 05-20-2009, 08:05 AM   #39
CustardTart

Exclamation Serious post now!!!

Quote:
Sun 20th Sept: I am so excited about this day!!!!! We are checking out of OKW & into the WONDER for our first ever cruise! Obviously we don't know what our dining rotation will be but wherever we eat I am sure it will be fab!!! We will spend the afternoon exploring the ship & attending the sailaway party!

Sun 21st Sept: This is our Nassau Day! We will be getting a taxi over to Atlantis on Paradise Island. Where we plan to spend the day at the resort reminiscing as we got married there in 2001. Oh how we looked so young:

(Sorry for the quality, they are scanned pics)
Hun, you've included Sunday twice.That won't get you an extra day onboard the Wonder, you know...

And such gorgeous pics!!! I hope your trip to Atlantis is an especially magical day for you both...
Old 05-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #40
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket2005 View Post
Sounds good Claire.

I can remember reading about you getting pulled over by the police in December. I would have been scared stiff.

I was! I think thats why he let me off as I was shaking so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
TBH I'm used to it by now but I'm willing to offer incentives that may ensure good behaviour... How about any embarrassing shenanigans and we will have to be treated to new Pandora bracelets - and I'm talking about the 14kt gold one!!! Bet we wouldn't hear a peep!!!
That's a fab idea! Lee will zip his mouth totally shut!

Old 05-20-2009, 08:28 AM   #41
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Quote:
Claire, I don't know what you were thinking but you left one or two things out!!!

You will see I have made the necessary amendments...
That's hilarious!!!!

I thought you were going to be arranging the red carpet & champagne for us at the Poly???? As for propping you & Sophie up around The world? I was relying on you to do that for me? I have a feeling Lee would leave us to it!

I'll tell Lee he is going to be a hunky bell service for the day! I probably won;t be able to post his response on the family board though.

Are you & Richard really going to dress up? We don't know whether to or not?

Old 05-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #42
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Quote:
Hun, you've included Sunday twice.That won't get you an extra day onboard the Wonder, you know...

And such gorgeous pics!!! I hope your trip to Atlantis is an especially magical day for you both...
Ohhhhh I was hoping we could do Sunday twice! Thanks for pointing that out when I got to the end I was confused as I thought we left on Monday not Tuesday. DOH!

Thanks hun, we can't wait to spend the day there. I may try & book the restaurant where we had our wedding meal with the family, it would be lovely to have lunch there.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #43
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Just found your PTR Claire

Sounds like your going to have a fab trip, fingers crossed you and Lee don't fall ill again
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #44
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Sounds like a wonderful trip
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #45
jackieleanne
DIS Veteran

Your plans sound great.