Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2009, 07:11 AM   #1
Cinderella9-09-09
Earning My Ears

What can you bring yourself to your DFW that Disney charges you an arm and a leg for?

I was planning on doing my own programs, favors and name cards for my guests. I know they charge you if you want them to do the name cards for you guests but do they charge you do do the table name cards? What other things can you bring that will save you money. Do they make you set up everthing they don't provide including if you choose to make your own menus?
Cinderella9-09-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
Wish on a Star
DIS Veteran

I am not sure about the menus but I know for my reception at Boardwalk convention center- I have been given the ok to bring my own centerpieces as long as I set them up myself. That's going to save me some money!
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #3
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

I thought I read on another post a while ago that if you bring your own stuff and want them to set it up that they can for a minimal set-up fee. I think I remember it being $75 but I could be completely wrong. I think it would be worth asking about - just because it would be one less thing to stress about on your big day.
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
KStarfish82
Proud Redhead
I honestly don't know where to put it!!!
I wanted something that reminded me of waves

I am having my ceremony at YCG and my reception at Ariel's.

For the ceremony, I am making the fans/programs, flowers, and petals.

For the reception, I am bringing the centerpieces, favors, place cards, toasting flutes, cake cutter and knife, and autograph mat.

My family is going to do the setting up because we were told that Disney will not set up for us. But the financial benefit has been fantastic!

Good luck!
Old 05-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
DisneyFairy19
Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been there, Done that, Going Back!!!

I bought gold chargers fpr the tables at Linens N Things when they were still in business. I got a box of 12 for $20 plus they were on sale then I had the 20% coupons, I got each box for $12... so I paid $1 for each charger basically when Disney was going to charge me $10 per charger to rent..
DisneyFairy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
Rawr
Earning My Ears

I'm making my bridesmaids' bouquets myself. They charge so much for them, and if you get faux flowers, you can make the bouquet not only very nice looking, but it can be another favor for your bridesmaids!
Rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
DisneyFairy19
Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been there, Done that, Going Back!!!

I totally agree with Rawr... Flowers can be extremely expensive, one time I was at Michaels buying Hydrangeas and my mom says to me "WoW they are artificial and they would be a beautiful wedding bouqet"
DisneyFairy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Disney will set out up to 2 items per placesetting (e.g., place card + a favor) free of charge. After that there's a $35/hour set-up fee with a minimum of 1 hour. But I can't see it taking more than an hour or two, max.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
Lindsay22
DIS Veteran

My sister made a customized aisle runner for our ceremony. Disney charged $25 to set it up, but considering the fact that their plain aisle runner is $75 it worked out really well. We did all of our own favors, place cards and menus (well, Caryn did the place cards and menus) and Disney put them on the tables for us.

Lindsay22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #10
Cinderella9-09-09
Earning My Ears

I'm so confused. So ANYTHING Disney does not provide you have to set up yourself or pay them to do? Even gift table, cake table and guest book table? My wedding is in September 9-9-09 and I still have not had my planning session. It is actually May 27th. I wanted my planning session in March/April but they say I was early and they couldn't work with the dates i was available anyways. I don't get it I am seeing people on here that are 7 months away and have their planning session done and here I am having my planning sesseion 3 1/2 month before my wedding. Ugg! No wonder I'm stressed. I'm clueless!

If you do bring your own stuff, you have the option of having Disney do it OR someone you know can do it for free?

Where are the gift and guest book tables? In the pre reception room or reception room?

Ok I'm going to list what I was thinking on doing and see if I can get more input on if If Disney will set it up free of charge or will charge me if someone else does not do it. You girls are great!

Ceremony(at wedding pavilion):
1. Unity and memorial candle - wanted to bring my own
2. Programs - wanted to make my own program scrolls (like the ones in Cinderella when everyone gets invited to the ball) * Was going to have a friend hand out
3. Floral - if I do any pieces at all, whatever I have at the recption will be used at the ceremony first.
4. Rose Petals - I want a ton but I'm sure Disney charges a lot for them, Does anyone know how much? Can I bring my own artifical ones.
5. Runner - You can bring your own. REally? Not crazy about carpet but I could deal with it.
6. Bubbles for exit - wanted to bring own

Pre Reception
I don't even know where this is yet. Is is really necessary to have floral/decrorations if this is not a reception toom. Did I not get assigned one because I opted for a one hour dessert party outside at the end instead of a one hour pre reception outside.

1. Place card setting- bringing own place cards in a cute little star place card holder
2. Place card map - lol. never saw this until I saw one at Disney
2. Gift table - wanted to bring my own card box
3. Guest book table. wanted to bring my own book and pen and things to decorate it with

Reception (St, Augustine)

1. Disney is doing all floral center pieces - Mother in law won't even think of artifiical flowers and I am happy with that
2, Cake table - bringing own serving set, cake jewlery and gthings to decorate table
3. Table names.- I'm sure Disney charges for these if you want anything besides a number if so I'm bringing my own. I want Cinderella items to name my table like the glass slipper table, the castle table, or the coach table
4. Menus - wanted to make my own and tuck them inside a napkin.

Dessert Party - during Wishes that night (Sago Key Point)
Do I really need decorations for 1 HOUR ?

Hey I have to save money somewhere. I booked the carriage this week even though I said I refuse to spend that much money. I just closed my checkbook and my eyes and called the wedding planeer.
Cinderella9-09-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #11
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Don't worry - your planning session will answer all these questions!

The cake table, gift table, guest book table - Disney sets those things up for you even if you bring them. The location will depend on the configuration of your reception room(s) - you'll hammer that out at the planning session.

Mainly what they don't set up are centerpieces and other large/elaborate pieces of decor if you did not buy these from Disney.

Place cards, table names, menus - these things generally fall under the "two at each placesetting for free" rule, and then it's just that $35/hour fee to set up the rest. Your planner can tell you whether or not you'll be charged and how much it will be.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:58 AM   #12
Malibelle
Malibelle
I think my hand is glued to the mouse!

I did my own invites, favors, table favors, programs, place cars , decore for cake table and table cards and center pieces and signature mat. Luckily one of our guests was our flourist from home so they were able to set everything up for me along with the flowers at the reception and WP with the exception to the table favors, Disney allowed up to 2 items per setting to be placed on the table so they placed those for me. The only extras by Disney at my reception was the linens.

Evan's 1st Bday and WDW Visit!
[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/]
Malibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #13
CharacterFan
Will stop in walkways for characters

I plan on doing:
Save-the-dates, Iniviations, Wedding Programs, favors, table naems, place cards, menu cards, centerpieces, thank you cards, aisle runner.
I'll use Disney for:
my flowers, table linens, and chair covers (both ceremony and reception)

Proud Owner: Pentax K100D Super/18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL/Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 Macro/Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-f4/Sigma 28-200mm f3.5-f5.6
CharacterFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #14
rumrunnergirl
DIS Veteran

Last edited by rumrunnergirl; 10-20-2011 at 12:39 PM.
rumrunnergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #15
bridetobe789
2009 Disney Bride!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay22 View Post
My sister made a customized aisle runner for our ceremony. Disney charged $25 to set it up, but considering the fact that their plain aisle runner is $75 it worked out really well. We did all of our own favors, place cards and menus (well, Caryn did the place cards and menus) and Disney put them on the tables for us.
FYI they don't do this anymore! If you bring it you are totally responsible for setting it up on your own!

*07.08.09 Tricia & Chris WP/LSS/Sago Cay*
bridetobe789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: