Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #856
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Morning Losers!

I haven't checked in this week as I've been burried at work since it's a short week (and I had a short week previous to this one too!).

Today I head over to the hospital for an out-patient procedure, but before I go....I wanted to show off my new clippie!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #857
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Congratulations Sneezie and all the biggest losers! Keep up the good work!

Don't forget to PM your weigh in info to LuvBaloo tomorrow and your COW info to donac.

donac, I am glad to hear that they let you ditch the crutches. Did they let you ditch the 3 lb weight on your foot too?!? The freezer and sharing is a good plan to deal with those cookies.

maznorm, sorry to hear that you have been feeling sick and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

A belated Happy Canada Day to you, LuvBaloo.

Okay, losers, tomorrow's weigh in marks the halfway point for this challenge. Are you on track? Are you heading in the right direction? Have you reviewed your goals for this challenge and adjusted your plan to make sure that you get there? We're here to give you support and help when you need it but when it comes down to it, the only person who is going to get this done is you! You deserve the healthy life that you want and the fact of the matter is that getting there takes hard work and determination.

I looked at my post about my goals and my goal this challenge was to lose 25 lbs. Well, I've lost 11 so far. My goal can still be reached but I am going to have to kick things up more than a notch or two to get there. So I am ready to go!

Bonus QOTD -- How many days until your next Disney trip? I have 54 days to my rescheduled DL trip and 168 days until my WDW trip. I have to keep these days in mind to help inspire me to be in better shape these trips than I have been in the past.

Have a great day, losers!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #858
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Morning Losers!

I haven't checked in this week as I've been burried at work since it's a short week (and I had a short week previous to this one too!).

Today I head over to the hospital for an out-patient procedure, but before I go....I wanted to show off my new clippie!

Hi Jackie! You were posting while I was typing so I missed you. I can't see your new clippie but I am sure that it looks fabulous on you! Congratulations! I am closing in on my 20 lb clippie, too. Good work and good luck on your procedure. I hear that it is finally summer in Phoenix!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #859
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Hi Jackie! You were posting while I was typing so I missed you. I can't see your new clippie but I am sure that it looks fabulous on you! Congratulations! I am closing in on my 20 lb clippie, too. Good work and good luck on your procedure. I hear that it is finally summer in Phoenix!

Oh, no question about it being summer here now! We did have a pretty mild June overall, but monsoons are here so it's hot and more humid than normal. While we don't get much rain in the valley, the thunder and lightening that rolls by many evenings makes it hard to do that end of the day swim. I don't know if little sister would appreciate my coming by at 6AM to swim.

Time to hit the shower....have a healthy day everyone!

OH....and it's 72 days till my DCL cruise...so that makes it 65 will WDW! WOOOO HOOOOO!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #860
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

QOTD: Well, my goal for this challenge was to lose 25 lbs...as of my ww wi yesterday - which I will send to LuvBaloo tomorrow - I am down 21.8...only 3.2 to go to my summer goal! There are 77 days till my DL vacation in September so it is coming up! I have been doing the gym a lot and am hoping to be in good cardio health by then...I want to be able to do what I want there without worrying about huffing and puffing!

Have a great day all and congrats to this weeks biggest loser!

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #861
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Clippie, etc

Quote:
Morning Losers!

Dropped sis off at the doctors this a.m. and she hit her 15 pound mark! I think that's what the new clippie says...
Quote:
Oh, no question about it being summer here now! We did have a pretty mild June overall, but monsoons are here so it's hot and more humid than normal. While we don't get much rain in the valley, the thunder and lightening that rolls by many evenings makes it hard to do that end of the day swim. I don't know if little sister would appreciate my coming by at 6AM to swim.

Time to hit the shower....have a healthy day everyone!

OH....and it's 72 days till my DCL cruise...so that makes it 65 will WDW! WOOOO HOOOOO!

6:00 a.m. is Ok- it's the 5:00 a.m. time frame I can't deal with - NEVER think that if you are up for a swim that waking me will cause an issue - I can just roll over... you can use the pool anytime you want - this is your health we are talking about - besides I've been known to jump in and do some laps in the morning myself!
Old 07-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #862
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Wedding cake mania:

Guess what I'm doing today? Baking a wedding cake! I make about 15-20 wedding cakes a year from my home kitchen. And July is wedding crazy. So lots of cake. What to do when food surrounds you in your own environment? My solution is to make sure I count EVERY bite & lick and whenever possible (when I don't have to have my taste buds alert) I chew gum. I also make sure I have a bowl of cut up fruit on the counter next to the cake tops to remind me which I should be snacking on.

My QOTD has nothing to do with this, though. My uniform when I'm baking is a tye dye mickey head t-shirt & a purple bandana. It reminds me why I make the cakes to begin with: Disney money!

QOTD: What do you do to make a little extra Disney money? Or how do you save for Disney?
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #863
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Bonus QOTD -- How many days until your next Disney trip? I have 54 days to my rescheduled DL trip and 168 days until my WDW trip. I have to keep these days in mind to help inspire me to be in better shape these trips than I have been in the past.

I have 240 days until I visit Disneyland for the first time ever. Then after that I'll do WDW again, but that trip isn't officially planned yet. I think I'm going to stay at Fort Wilderness for the first time ever on that trip.
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #864
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

I'm curious, why are multiple people posting QOTDs? Do we not have a coach this week?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #865
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
QOTD: Well, my goal for this challenge was to lose 25 lbs...as of my ww wi yesterday - which I will send to LuvBaloo tomorrow - I am down 21.8...only 3.2 to go to my summer goal! There are 77 days till my DL vacation in September so it is coming up! I have been doing the gym a lot and am hoping to be in good cardio health by then...I want to be able to do what I want there without worrying about huffing and puffing!
Wow, Sarah! That is super that you are so close to your goal and the challenge isn't even half way done! All your hard work is paying off! You go girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
Guess what I'm doing today? Baking a wedding cake! I make about 15-20 wedding cakes a year from my home kitchen. And July is wedding crazy. So lots of cake. What to do when food surrounds you in your own environment? My solution is to make sure I count EVERY bite & lick and whenever possible (when I don't have to have my taste buds alert) I chew gum. I also make sure I have a bowl of cut up fruit on the counter next to the cake tops to remind me which I should be snacking on.

My QOTD has nothing to do with this, though. My uniform when I'm baking is a tye dye mickey head t-shirt & a purple bandana. It reminds me why I make the cakes to begin with: Disney money!

QOTD: What do you do to make a little extra Disney money? Or how do you save for Disney?
Sounds like you have super willpower and a great plan to help you with your cake baking. I am sure that you make a lot of people happy with your beautiful creations. I always wondered do you as a baker have a back up cake in case something happens to the "real" cake -- I think of those videos you see of bad things happening to beautiful cakes.

I use my DVC to save for Disney. That takes care of my accommodations. I have APs for DL so that helps and I try and book my airfare on a cheap SW flight. WDW trips take more planning and more saving. Everything has to be paid for well before it is time to go or we just don't go. I just paid for my December airfare so all I need now for December is tickets and spending money. I can save that up in five months.

Quote:
I have 240 days until I visit Disneyland for the first time ever. Then after that I'll do WDW again, but that trip isn't officially planned yet. I think I'm going to stay at Fort Wilderness for the first time ever on that trip.
Oh, how exciting, a visit to Walt's first park. I love DL. I grew up nearby and worked there as a cast member many, many years ago. I can't tell you about Fort Wilderness, although it looks like it would be a lot of fun. I think donac likes to stay there.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #866
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Bonus QOTD -- How many days until your next Disney trip?

My ticker says a good number of days. That may change in the next coupleof months. Dh wants to go to celebrate his 55th birthday. (Mine is 6 months before his) So we may do that in Nov of 2010. My dsis may be graduating college (It took her 10 years)next May and one of my other sisters and I may be planning a trip for her to celebrate. I don't know when that will be but it may not be until next AUg because she is starting a new job in a couple of weeks.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #867
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

As far as saving for Disney is concerned...it is a budgeted item on my dh's and my monthly budget. We want to go to DW and on a Disney cruise in 3 years...I am almost halfway to what we are budgeting for then. As far as saving for my more frequent disnyland trips, I work overtime and save a portion of that as well as getting an ap this year and chosing hotels with entertainment rates!

Sarah

Old 07-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #868
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My family is considering Fort Wilderness for when we go in 3 years. For the ages my kids will be at that time I think it will be for the best. There really seems to be so much other stuff to do at that resort and we were going to be spending a lot of time over there anyway for the hoop de doo review and the nightly campfire/marshmallow roast/movie...plus there are 6 of us in the party so we will reserve a cabin so we can all stay together.

Sarah

Old 07-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #869
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maznorm View Post
hi, just dropping to apologise for missung the weigh in, qotd and the cow. I have been suffering with tonsilitis. i havent eaten since sunday so ill probably have a good weight loss this week lol. Anyway, ill be back when im feeling better.
Tonsilitis is awful - I hope you start feeling better soon

Quote:
Morning Losers!

Congrats on the new clippie!

Quote:
I don't have a specific trip planned yet. We really want to do the Panama Canal Cruise in 2011, but those dates aren't even set yet.

Quote:
We put some money into our vacation account every month. Of course we occasionally borrow from it for major purchases, but it feels good knowing a little bit gets put away.

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:22 PM   #870
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

CONGRATULATIONS Sneezie!!!

Well, I donít know everybody yet, but I hope that everybody has a great 4th of July weekend. I know that some people are under the weather, and I hope that they are getting better everyday. Now as far as questions of the day, how did I get so far behind?

These are the ones that I found that I have answered yet.

Bonus QOTD: what are you going to do tomorrow and Thursday to ensure a good weigh in on Friday?

My DD and I are going to hit the gym an extra time this week to try and add a little weight loss insurance.

We were supposed to be going on a Disney cruise in October, but I think that itís just not only to happen because I was laid off and havenít worked since February. We are trying to reschedule it for January 2010 Ė I donít know how many days that is, but itís a bit further than originally planned.

QOTD: What do you do to make a little extra Disney money?

I pickup every single penny, nickel, dime ect. that I find on the street. It amazes me that people will drop even a penny and not reach down to pick it up. Also, even though I am unemployed and drawing unemployment, I still managed to put at least a few dollars in my savings out of every check I receive.

If you are travelling this holiday weekend, please be safe!

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: