Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2009, 09:57 AM   #211
TammyNC
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
Would rather be her own person than share a tag
Always shares her Pixie Dust!

WOW, is all I can say in regards to the number of posts that I read to get caught up. I'm not going to try and tackle responding but I did read them all.

We got back from the homeschool conference then dh went to work on a job. I stayed home and got the laundry going, straightened up around the house and then was able to do some stitching. Once dh got home we planted a few things in the garden and went to dinner. Eating all in all was ok while away, a couple of times I could have made better choices but I'm not going to let it get me down. We did split a meal at dinner last night and have been drinking lots of water. I need to update my sheet on the COW to see how I'm doing with that.

We are having a cookout this evening with family but shouldn't have any trouble staying on plan. I need to work on our meal schedule for the week and shop for that today.

I'll try to pop on several times today to stay caught up now.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #212
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

I must say wow. I know that I have had a rough 24 hours food wise, but the scale said that I gained 3.4 pounds! I know that I need to watch what I eat more but ugh! It's a rough start to the day.

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #213
CruiseBoundnKY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPooh View Post
I must say wow. I know that I have had a rough 24 hours food wise, but the scale said that I gained 3.4 pounds! I know that I need to watch what I eat more but ugh! It's a rough start to the day.
Don't beat yourself up over it. Yesterday is gone and today is a new day. We all have bad/off days. I think I'm like the queen of them actually, but I know how all to easy it is to just throw in the towel after a bad day. Hang in there, it will get better.

I am a scale addict also and that makes it extremely hard when one or a few bad choices affect it so heavily. Stupid scale. I'm just trying to focus on how much better I already feel.

Hope today is better for you.
Pop Century March 31 - April 7, 2012 Disney Dream Nov. 27 - Dec. 2; AKV Dec. 2 - 5 Dec. 5 - 8, 2010 Pop Century Nov. 28, - Dec. 6, 2009 Pop Century October 25, 2008 Disney Magic "Halloween on the High Seas" Alternate Western Double Dip May 5-12 2007 Disney Magic "Cinco Dis Mayo" Western Cruise May 2-4 2007 Disney ASMo May 2005 7-Days Sheraton Vistana Resorts Summer 1996 5-Days Can't remember where we stayed
CruiseBoundnKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #214
RangerPooh

Thanks. I'm hoping that I can take that as a sign that some things need to change. I have mu nalgene bottle filled and easily accessible so that if I'm bored and feel the need to snack that I drink water instead. At least I did get 20 minutes of exercise in today (b-4 weighing myself), so at least I can take comfort int he fact that I did exercise today. I just need to commit to something, to help lose the weight. Maybe after our trip I'll consider rejoining WW as the accountability (and paying for it) did help some.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #215
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping*Beauty View Post
Can't say that I do. We usually get stuck bringing dessert.

Ok, so today I was kinda bad with my eating. But, I walked a ton. This morning I went yard sale(ing). I got 3 brand new fancyish long dresses for $3 a piece and my Mom got two brand new pairs of sandals for $5. I also went to a car show.
I went around on my bike looking last Sat. after the scottish festival (it was after 4) and saw one (garage sale) a street down from us all closed and covered. Went there Sunday after work and they had put everything left over outside with a free sign on it. I ended up with some shorts, a couple of really pretty shirts and an old book by Francis Parkinson Keyes. There was a size 12 pants in there I thought what the heck-- might be worth hanging on to for awhile but after trying on-- I'm just putting them in my donations box. I have lost one pant size but it seems I'm nowhere near the next lol. Oh well-- that's a good way to find out--something free that you try on at home. Went riding around this Sat and found some tan capris my size and a cuddle duds long underwear shirt for a quarter each, found a wonderful winter coat with a hood--its a double coat too which means you can take the lighter one out and wear it-- for $3. Gold because my new one I bought last year is too big now. Found a gorgeous new looking black raincoat for $5 at another--believe me I wouldn't spend $5 if it werent fantastic and it was a medium! Exciting--probably a mans medium but it fit me and I'm 5'2 so I don't know. Then at one I went to about 4:30 pm after I got done at the farms, there were these crazy ladies in an upscale neighborhood that had obviously just been sitting there too long and I ended up with a ton of stuff for a grand total of $2. Oh I also found a medium sized new looking cat post (gold) by the side of the road somewhere else (while looking for a garage sale that didn't exist) in a pile of stuff free. This was fun--I haven't seriously been out garage saling for years but I do need new clothes....
Old 05-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #216
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
MelanieC.... I posted on our BL Purple Team thread about some summer clothes I was getting rid of and I didn't have any takers. It sounds like (according to what you posted for a weight) they may fit you. If you would be interested, send me a PM. I'll post a link to the original post here in a few minutes.
Awwe Thanks - I'll go check out that thread.
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/7/14-8/23/14 -15 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #217
TammyNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPooh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseBoundnKY View Post
Don't beat yourself up over it. Yesterday is gone and today is a new day. We all have bad/off days. I think I'm like the queen of them actually, but I know how all to easy it is to just throw in the towel after a bad day. Hang in there, it will get better.
I agree and second everything said...can make better choices today, we all learn from our mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
I went around on my bike looking last Sat. after the scottish festival (it was after 4) and saw one (garage sale) a street down from us all closed and covered. Went there Sunday after work and they had put everything left over outside with a free sign on it. I ended up with some shorts, a couple of really pretty shirts and an old book by Francis Parkinson Keyes. There was a size 12 pants in there I thought what the heck-- might be worth hanging on to for awhile but after trying on-- I'm just putting them in my donations box. I have lost one pant size but it seems I'm nowhere near the next lol. Oh well-- that's a good way to find out--something free that you try on at home. Went riding around this Sat and found some tan capris my size and a cuddle duds long underwear shirt for a quarter each, found a wonderful winter coat with a hood--its a double coat too which means you can take the lighter one out and wear it-- for $3. Gold because my new one I bought last year is too big now. Found a gorgeous new looking black raincoat for $5 at another--believe me I wouldn't spend $5 if it werent fantastic and it was a medium! Exciting--probably a mans medium but it fit me and I'm 5'2 so I don't know. Then at one I went to about 4:30 pm after I got done at the farms, there were these crazy ladies in an upscale neighborhood that had obviously just been sitting there too long and I ended up with a ton of stuff for a grand total of $2. Oh I also found a medium sized new looking cat post (gold) by the side of the road somewhere else (while looking for a garage sale that didn't exist) in a pile of stuff free. This was fun--I haven't seriously been out garage saling for years but I do need new clothes....
You had great luck at the sales, wtg. I can't remember the last time I stopped at a garage sale, will have to maybe hit a few this summer.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #218
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Hey everyone - My multiple quotes are not working right, so I'll have to forgo giving shout out's to everyone. Lately I've been having problems with the quotes and quick replies. Not sure why. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Got back late last night from the wedding. I didn't eat healthy as I figured I wouldn't. Friday night when we got there, my MIL had DH go get a pizza and I ended up eating 2 slices because my dinner at 5:30pm was more like a snack and by 10:30pm I was starving. My scale was up 1.6 this morning, but I know that by watching my calories the rest of the week that will go down (it's really only water at this point). So all is good. Plus I needed the 2 day jump in calories after being so low and static the previous week.
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/7/14-8/23/14 -15 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #219
TammyNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
Hey everyone - My multiple quotes are not working right, so I'll have to forgo giving shout out's to everyone. Lately I've been having problems with the quotes and quick replies. Not sure why. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Got back late last night from the wedding. I didn't eat healthy as I figured I wouldn't. Friday night when we got there, my MIL had DH go get a pizza and I ended up eating 2 slices because my dinner at 5:30pm was more like a snack and by 10:30pm I was starving. My scale was up 1.6 this morning, but I know that by watching my calories the rest of the week that will go down (it's really only water at this point). So all is good. Plus I needed the 2 day jump in calories after being so low and static the previous week.
Got to love the computers, right??

Sounds like you've got a good plan in place, was ready for your higher calorie time and will be on track the rest of the week. Keep up the great work and I know you'll see a loss this week.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #220
maznorm
Mouseketeer

Hi,

Just wondering how I can join.

Can anyone help me?

maznorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #221
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Welcome, Maz! You're in! You may want to read this sticky that tells you all about our challenge. Also, please PM LuvBaloo with your starting weight. Weigh ins are on Fridays.

You will also want to check out the COW (Challenge of the Week). Our first one is in progress. I will post a link for you in a minute. Here it is http://www.disboards.com/showthread....177354&page=11 post 157.

This is a great group of people so enjoy and good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maznorm View Post
Hi,

Just wondering how I can join.

Can anyone help me?
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:07 PM   #222
RangerPooh

Lisa,
Thanks for posting the COW, I missed it and forgot all about it.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #223
lulamc
Mouseketeer

QOTD: Do you have any healthy/low cal picnic/barbeque foods that you always bring along/serve during holiday weekends (like Memorial Day)?

This isn't so much a recipe as a technique, but everyone loves it. I make fruit-kabobs. Just cut up what ever kinds of fruit you like (make it colorful) and thread onto those wood or bamboo skewers. Very pretty and healthy!
lulamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:11 PM   #224
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
WOW! It looks like you made out a lot better than I did with my yard sale(ing).

I'm kind of releaved to hear that I wasn't the only one to have a bad weekend. Hopefully by the end of the week we will all have forgotten about our bad weekends. My allergies are starting to act up again. This afternoon my head felt like it was going to explode. Thank goodness fo Nyquil.
Sleeping*Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #225
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

So.... I told myself I was going to journal everything this week but not worry about counting points. Yeah, the journalling did not happen. My plan for this coming week has been to journal everything and start counting points for breakfast. I'm going to go ahead and do that (my WW week starts on Tuesday). At least the last couple of days I have gotten a short walk in with the puppies. Maybe once I get done packing I'll be able to do some longer walks with them.

I'm not overly confident about Tuesday's weigh in because not only did I not count points but I pretty much sucked at journalling.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: