Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #1531
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Happy Friday!

I'm looking forward to a Long Weekend, even though we aren't doing anything major. It was a lazy week for me, and I didn't get my weigh-in done this morning, so I'll do it tomorrow.

MelanieC - enjoy Vegas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
One Last QOTD for the Road: Do you plan on participating in BL8? Why or why not?
Definitely will be participating and continuing as Weightkeeper. This summer I had a diffficult time staying on track with weightloss and pretty much everything else, so I have not met any of my personal goals for the summer, but I did de-stress and learn lots about what motivates me, so I'm ok with the results. I know I would have done worse without doing the BL challenge. I know BL8 will be more successful for me. I have bought a notebook to try recording exercising into and I'll see how that goes

It has been a pleasure sharing and learning from all of you

I am aiming to post the final results on Monday evening! Reminder post for weighins will be done on Sunday!

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #1532
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Good morning, losers!

It's a bittersweet day ending our summer challenge. Some of us did better than others but we are all winners for sticking with it all summer long!

Thanks, Maria, for being our coach this week! And a big thank you to all of our coaches this challenge!
And a BIG, BIG, thank you to LuvBaloo for being our weightkeeper and to donac for being our COW keeper this challenge -- and for staying on for BL 8! And, of course, THANK YOU to all the participants! All of you are what truly makes for a successful BL challenge!

I finished 9 pounds down for the challenge and 13 pounds for the year. Now that doesn't sound like a lot for someone with as long a way to go as I but I can guarantee if I hadn't been part of this group there were be no loss at all -- and maybe even a gain! This is the first year in a long time that there is a loss that is sticking so I will celebrate that!

Also, I grabbed a pair of shorts yesterday from my closet that I hadn't worn yet. I was in a hurry so I just put them on without checking the size -- they were a little snug but comfortable enough to wear. When I took them off, I realized they were a size down from what I have been wearing all summer! So remember, there are other ways to measure success besides the number on the scale.

Thurs. QOTD: Do you eat organic food?

I have been adjusting to buy organic when I can. We now eat organic beef and eggs. Our paper had an article recently about "the dirty dozen" of produce that retains pesticide residue -- it was an eye opener because more than half of the fruits were the ones that DS eats. DH and I figure after 40 plus years it may be too late for us but it is not to late for DS so we are improving in this area. Organic fruit tastes better to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
One Last QOTD for the Road: Do you plan on participating in BL8? Why or why not?
You bet I'll be there! I've learned a lot about what does and does not work for me and I am ready to apply that knowledge and make some really good progress this challenge -- there is a WDW trip at the end of the challenge to motivate me even more!

So don't forget to send your final weigh-in to LuvBaloo today and to keep an eye on this thread for the posting of the results.

I will be posting the new challenge thread later today or tomorrow. We will just be signing up and having a couple of QOTD until the chanllenge officially starts on 9/11.

I am looking for a coach for the first week of the challenge -- 9/11 through 9/17. Please PM me if you are interested! I have a few other coaching slots open, too. Thank you LuvBaloo for coaching our first week!

Thanks all and onwards and downwards!

Last edited by lisah0711; 09-04-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Thank you Shannon!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #1533
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Congrats to all of you who participated and stuck with BL7!!!! I have been extremely encouraged this last week and half just chatting with you ladies and seeing your success!!! I'm very excited for the opportunity to be joining you.... so on that note

Yes I will, because the motivation that you get from others who are making healthier choices with you is worth its weight in gold!! It's not easy doing it alone and knowing that on the days I'm struggling I have a group of great people to come talk to can make or break it!!!

I have to add my story of pants that fit or maybe don't fit so well!! Got to love being able to put on a new pair of pants!! Anyways today we are doing a lab outside where I have to mark distances well I'm really wishing I had brought a belt to school today because I feel like I'm losing my pants LOL...not that this is a bad problem to have ...but in front of my 10th graders not so much LOL!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #1534
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Jenjolt - that's a great story, unfortunately it made me think of a bunch of 10th-graders faces if their teacher moons them

Old 09-04-2009, 12:55 PM   #1535
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
Jenjolt - that's a great story, unfortunately it made me think of a bunch of 10th-graders faces if their teacher moons them
It's the stuff nightmares are made off...believe me I'm considering going down to our Dean's office and asking for the string they give the students to keep their pants up LOL!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:10 PM   #1536
FLAngie
DIS Veteran

Absolutely! This has been great for me. Even though I started half way through, I have really been able to stay motivated by reading every ones success. I have even been motivated from the post of off plan days. It is reassuring that others have the same bad days and that you can just move on and make sure that the next day is OP.

Thurs. QOTD: Do you eat organic food?
No, there are not very many places around here that I know of that you can buy organic. The ones I know of are just too expensive. We rarely purchase pre-packaged food and try to make almost everything with fresh fruit, veggies, and whole grains. MelanieC- that is so great that you have so many local options.

Thanks to all the coaches. And to LuvBaloo and Donac for their hard work too.

Jenjolt- I am dreaming of the day when I am considering having to use string to hold my pants up for the day. Way to go!

lisah0711- 9 lbs down for the challenge sounds awesome. IMO any loss should be something that you are proud of. Especially is new pants to wear are the reward.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. We are pulling out the smoker for a turkey breast and maybe some ribs. Yum

DH DD12 DD10

Offical Member of the LMT Losers' Club... Uu
FLAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #1537
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Congrats to all of our summer losers! This was my first BL and I had a great time with you guys. I had a teeny loss today, so I'm happy I at least ended the challenge on a down note! I lost approx 11 pounds during summer BL and I honestly can't believe that number myself! I beat my goal for the challenge, which was 10 pounds. I still have a little ways to go to my overall goal weight, which brings me to the QOTD...

Definitely! I'll be starting as a loser and hopefully shifting to a maintainer sometime along the way. Those last 5 pounds may be pesky!
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #1538
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

The BL 8 thread is posted. Here is the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2275974
I have some of you on the participants list already. Don't forget to keep checking and chatting on this thread, too, until the results are posted.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #1539
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Lisa!
Old 09-05-2009, 08:00 AM   #1540
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Even though I didn't lose any weight this summer I am happy with that considering how slow I am moving. My entire body seems to be off. Yesterday was one of the first days it felt okay until we went to work at fil's house and the uneven slope did a n umber on me. I can't wait until BL8 starts.

Congrats to all those who have lost weight this summer. Keep up the good work and join us for BL8
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #1541
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

I got up and did my weigh in this morning. After 2 weeks of gains, I got a loss of 0.6. I'm happy I managed to end up with a small overall loss for this challenge, and am confident I'll have more success in BL8!

Dona - sorry you're still having problems with your foot.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #1542
sskem96
DIS Veteran

Yeah, I did it! I met my goal for the challenge! Thank goodness we extended it for a few extra weeks!

My goal was to lose 15# and I ended up down 15.6 total.

I got on the Wii fit yesterday morning, and for the first time it told me I was overweight instead of obese. I've never been so happy to be called overweight! Everybody else in my house is normal or obese, so I'd never heard it say that before.

I'm hoping to take off 10 more pounds before we go to WDW on Thanksgiving, and then just maintain til after the first of the year before I stress too much about losing more. I'll still have 20# to go after that, but if I stress too much about losing over the holidays I'm afraid I'll go crazy and end up gaining a ton.

Congratulations to everyone who took part in the summer challenge. Whether you lost, maintained, or gained, you're better off than you would have been without the support and encouragement of the other people in the challenge, so you're already one step ahead to start the BL 8 Challenge!

QOTD: Do you plan to participate in BL8? Why or why not?
Definitely! WW is only once a week. A week is a long time, and I would have fallen off the wagon a long time ago if I didn't have this thread to come to when I needed a lift. Just reading about other people facing the same struggles and working to overcome them makes me realize that I can do this and I will reach my goal and keep it off for good!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:37 PM   #1543
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskem96 View Post
Yeah, I did it! I met my goal for the challenge! Thank goodness we extended it for a few extra weeks!

My goal was to lose 15# and I ended up down 15.6 total.

I got on the Wii fit yesterday morning, and for the first time it told me I was overweight instead of obese. I've never been so happy to be called overweight!
Congratulations on meeting your goal! It's awesome that you've achieved a healthier BMI. Go you!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #1544
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!

I am really excited because I lost 3.8 lbs this week! I know coaching made all the difference -- making sure I came to this thread every day kept my head in the game. I am going to use that strategy for BL8, I'm ready to post!

Maria

Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #1545
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

Way to bring it for the last week, Losers!

I have not yet weighed in - and am actually excused because I am at the Disneyland half marathon. It seems like a very, very underwhelming way to end the challenge, without a weigh in on the Final Friday.

On the positive side, I finished the half this morning and saw many WISH friends on the course, too! And actually I do have a loss (and a gain) to report this week! I LOST over 31 minutes of time since my first half marathon in January. I finished in 2:28:10 this time, which is...I feel like it's really amazing. People train and work for months to shave off a few minutes. I had a couple of strikes against me in January, between the concussion in October that caused me to miss a month of training in November and the 40 additional pounds I was carrying, it is not surprising I ran this one faster, but a full half an hour! It was a great course and we were lucky that the weather mostly cooperated - it stayed cool and cloud covered the first two hours.

What did I gain? Two medals for completing the Coast to Coast challenge. The Disneyland Half Marathon medal is lovely, but the C2C is a Show-stopper!

I will weigh in on Tuesday morning, but would not be surprised if I was actually up a little - I tend to retain water a few days after a challenging run like this, but we'll see!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: