Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 12:09 AM   #106
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Have a great time this weekend!
Does that mean the third contest is "How many stops will Brook have to make on the drive?"
YES! We did have to stop a few times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Have a great trip!

And 30 isn't that bad! I spent my 30th one week overdue with my first son. Went into labor the next day. Forty was the year I had to go back to work. So for fifty, I had enough money to really be able to do something great (also 25th anniversary year)! There's always so many exciting adventures to look forward to, why worry about aging? It's just another adventure!
GREAT ATTITUDE! And you are RIGHT! Everyday is an adventure. Age is true beauty in my book anyway. I always wonder what my years ahead will hold...it will be fun to look back in 10 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJsMom View Post
Seven pages already...where have I been? The trip sounds great so far! Have a great time at the waterpark capital of the world - my kind of trip!
Hey you made it! Wisconsin Dells has SO many waterparks. Even the cheapy hotels have little waterparks in them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridascgirl View Post
brookelizabeth, I'm jumping in on your PTR, too. There's nothing that I love more than planning for an up-coming trip to The World. I'm so psyched about our December trip, I can hardly stand it. I haven't even told our friends and family because I know what they will say..."What...you're going to Disney AGAIN???" If they only knew that I was also planning actual details already, they would think I have a screw loose. What's great about the DIS is we all feel the same way. A trip that's 6 months away is practically next week!!!! Am I right?
Hello there! Welcome and thanks for reading!!
What dates are you going in December?

I know what you mean about not telling friends and family. None have commented to us, but I'm sure inside they are rolling their eyes or something! Especially since we went in November AND January. I did have one co-worker comment "Is she planning another trip?" one day when I was talking to DVC Member Services on the phone during a break! But then it was followed by "Can I come?"

I love the DIS for the same reason. We do all feel the same way! A trip that is so far away will be here before we know it due to all the planning and advice taking/researching. I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
Hope you guys are having fun, if you aren't home already! Is this a water park like the Great Wolf Lodge I hear so much about? I bet little Henry will have a blast - looking forward to seeing your great pictures!

Heather
Yep! Jen already commented, but the Great Wolf Lodge is very similar to the Kalahari. It's a nice hotel with a HUGE waterpark inside and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Sure am, but would be doing better if I was at Kalahari with Brook! LOL!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-27-2009, 12:23 AM   #107
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

A Dells Preview

Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2009, 03:04 AM   #108
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

Thank you! And a BIG thanks for the link in the PM! I haven't had a chance to read through it all yet, but really look forward to it. I can't believe you remembered that I have a degree in City Planning! You have a great memory. The link was a very sweet surprise!

TGM-I'm glad to hear you like it! I kinda want to research the pros/cons of the three I hear about, TGM, touringplans.com and ridemax.com. I'm tempted to email the DISPodCast for advice. Maybe my email will get read on the PodCast!
I guess I remembered that you were interested in city planning because that is something which I find very interesting, too.

I used both TGM and touringplans on our previous three trips. I was afreaid of missing out on valuable information if I did not get both. But to be honest, I think you would be fine which ever one you chose. I actually love reading the Unofficial Guide and therefore I would have bought that book anyway. If you have the book, you can access everything on their site, too. TGM was fun to read through, too. But sometimes it was a bit difficult to find the information I was looking for. Also I found that TGM is not very quick in updating his advice. There were a few areas where I found information that was rather outdated. Both offer sound advice on how to tour the parks. While touringplans objective is to hit every attraction once, TGM offers more advice on how to get to see the big attractions again. That's why I liked to combine them! With regard to best day at which park: I think they usually were very similar for our time frame. All in all I tend to believe touringplans more than TGM - they actually do scientific research and have an statistician doing this. And I am someone who likes scientific approaches.

Quote:
What a cute picture! Once again Henry looks so much older!! I am looking forward to hear about your weekend!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 05-27-2009, 03:36 AM   #109
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

It's good to see your planning another trip to WDW!!! Good luck with those crowds. Count to 10 when it's too much. It really does work.

Your preview looks wonderful! I love the Dells too. There are so many things to do. The Travel Channel had a special dedicated to it. I think they said something about all the water parks and the fact that a lot of them are indoors. I think they are trying to get more tourists to come up there in the winter.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:06 AM   #110
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the preview of the Dells! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:42 AM   #111
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Love the teaser pics! And your new siggy pics are sooo cute!!! When were they taken?

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 40/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 05-27-2009, 06:50 AM   #112
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hey Brook,

I thought I was subscribed to this and somehow I wasn't! I think I was the 1st person to comment on this new PTR, too! Hmm, something went wrong, cause I missed a lot!!!! I just came over from my PTR to see what was new and to tell how ADORABLE your new siggie is with the pics of Henry!!!!! Too cute!! I have to go back and read and see where these were done, assuming you commented on them already? Sorry about that....off to catch up!! And now, I swear, I'm subbing!!! I can't miss any of your PTR/TRs!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #113
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We had a really fun weekend! The indoor waterparks are such a great idea-Joe and I want to go back when the snow is falling so we can walk around in just a swimsuit and shorts and laugh in the face of winter!

Mardi Gras, eh? I can only imagine how CRAZY it would be from stories I hear...are the stories exgarrated, or true?
:D I love it!! Laugh in the face of winter... sounds like an excellent plan! I can't wait for more pictures and stories from the Dells trip!

As far as Mardi Gras goes, the French Quarter really is as crazy as they say it is. It was solid people, lots of drinking and quite a bit of nudity. As a pretty naive sheltered girl, it was an eye opening experience.

For the rest of the city, it was really nothing more than a good time. In neighborhoods, families sat on their lawns to watch the parades go by and we were still able to hit markets and Cafe du Monde.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #114
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK - this is just too stinkin' cute I love the new pics in your siggy too!
Old 05-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #115
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I guess I remembered that you were interested in city planning because that is something which I find very interesting, too.

I used both TGM and touringplans on our previous three trips. I was afreaid of missing out on valuable information if I did not get both. But to be honest, I think you would be fine which ever one you chose. I actually love reading the Unofficial Guide and therefore I would have bought that book anyway. If you have the book, you can access everything on their site, too. TGM was fun to read through, too. But sometimes it was a bit difficult to find the information I was looking for. Also I found that TGM is not very quick in updating his advice. There were a few areas where I found information that was rather outdated. Both offer sound advice on how to tour the parks. While touringplans objective is to hit every attraction once, TGM offers more advice on how to get to see the big attractions again. That's why I liked to combine them! With regard to best day at which park: I think they usually were very similar for our time frame. All in all I tend to believe touringplans more than TGM - they actually do scientific research and have an statistician doing this. And I am someone who likes scientific approaches.

What a cute picture! Once again Henry looks so much older!! I am looking forward to hear about your weekend!

I bought the book too, and thought you got complete access to the site, but all I got was the hours and said I had to pay for a membership to get anywhere else. What am I doing wrong?

Brook, the pics look fun and great. Your new signature is awesome too.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #116
Flossbolna

Quote:
I bought the book too, and thought you got complete access to the site, but all I got was the hours and said I had to pay for a membership to get anywhere else. What am I doing wrong?

Brook, the pics look fun and great. Your new signature is awesome too.
Oh, sorry, I guess that was wrong information then!! I actually have the subscription, too, I guess I needed to check dates before I bought the book... But the subscription is actually quite affordable, especially if you sign up for the Allears.net newsletter, you get a discount code for the subscription.

And, Brook, I agree the pictures in your signature are great!!

Actually just went back to touringplans and this here is from their FAQ:

Quote:

Subscriptions

I Bought the Book - Do I Have to Pay to Subscribe? Beginning with the 2009 edition of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, book owners receive free website subscriptions that last through the end of that edition's year. That is, those subscriptions will last through December 31, 2009. Owners of Unofficial Guides published before August 20, 2008 require a subscription to access the premium content on the site. Here are the steps to get your free subscription:

1. If you don't already have a username on TouringPlans.com, create a free basic subscription account on the website, including a username and password. Having a username allows us to remember you, and that you're a book owner. (If you already have a username on TouringPlans.com, sign in to the site first before continuing to Step 2.)

2. Answer the two questions shown on the Crowd Calendar page to validate your edition of the book.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Last edited by Flossbolna; 05-27-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #117
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

OK, now I'm more confused. I have the 2009 edition and answered the book questions, but it still only let me see the hours and that it?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #118
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I believe he is quite liking the car ride. How cute!

What kind of boo-boo did he get on his elbow in the sandpail picture?

Can't wait to hear all about your fun!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #119
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
OK, now I'm more confused. I have the 2009 edition and answered the book questions, but it still only let me see the hours and that it?
OK, I figured it out. I never had signed up for th basic before hand.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:59 AM   #120
Flossbolna

Quote:
OK, I figured it out. I never had signed up for th basic before hand.
I am glad it finally worked for you!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: