Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 01:27 PM   #16
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Your plans sound fantastic so far. I'm going to show this to DH as he makes fun of me for my daily itineraries, but I really like how yours look.

You also seem to have the best taste in Princesses and movies...Sleeping Beauty and Star Wars are my favorite in each category. I'm even thinking about getting a Star Wars cake if possible on our next trip.

And what a change...Texas to Canada. A somewhat different situation, but we got our doggie from Texas (we're in Chicago)...she had never even seen snow and we flew her up here in February. Loved the snow the instant she saw it and prefers it and the cold to rain and warmth. I keep telling DH that she wants to move to Canada where it will be even more cold and snowy!

Can't wait for more.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 08-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #17
Leitadala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Your plans sound fantastic so far. I'm going to show this to DH as he makes fun of me for my daily itineraries, but I really like how yours look.

You also seem to have the best taste in Princesses and movies...Sleeping Beauty and Star Wars are my favorite in each category. I'm even thinking about getting a Star Wars cake if possible on our next trip.

And what a change...Texas to Canada. A somewhat different situation, but we got our doggie from Texas (we're in Chicago)...she had never even seen snow and we flew her up here in February. Loved the snow the instant she saw it and prefers it and the cold to rain and warmth. I keep telling DH that she wants to move to Canada where it will be even more cold and snowy!

Can't wait for more.
Thanks!

We have one dog that LOVED the snow (so much that on the first snowfall she got away from us and bounded all around the neighborhood, leading us on a puppy-print hunt in the wee hours of the morning until we finally caught up to her... back at the house!) and the other HATES it (but he's part Chihuahua, so I guess Mexico would have pleased him more than Canada).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #18
Leitadala
Mouseketeer

>.<

Iím starting to get mildly panicky when I start to think about the trip now. Itís a little over a month, but I actually only have 2 weeks at home until I have to pack for FOUR weeks away from home (one of those at Disney)! I canít complain really, DH and I are going to Vegas for two weeks, and then Iím flying from Vegas to my Grandmotherís to stay with her before DH meets me in Disney on October 3. And really, any clothes and items should be good for Vegas and for Disney, and if I forget anything Grandma can take me to Wal-Mart lol. Itís just... how do I fit everything in suitcases now! And what if I want to change my itineraries but canít find a printer to print out brag-book sized sheets! Iím sure itís fine, and Iím actually going to have about four days off work before we fly out to properly prepare. I just have to keep all the fun in mind!

One thing that's bothering me a lot is how we are going to eat in Vegas with no DDP!!! Our hotel doesn't even have coffee makers for hot water for breakfast! I'm trying to find a water heater (immersion heater?) and some other things that might make hotel living ok, any suggestions?

Last edited by Leitadala; 08-30-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #19
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Hi--popping in again from the October 2009 thread. We are at 39 days out! I should be doing this but instead I am doing this

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 09-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #20
carps09
Norway's spirit always has been, and always will be, adventure

Hi! I saw your post about Home Depot being out of LGMH...but then you finally found them! We just went over the weekend, and it looks like they are different now than they used to be. Our LGMHs are on a rectangular piece of stock, not simply a LGMH. What do yours look like? (My DF and I will be at Disney the same time as you, celebrating our honeymoon! Our vacations are getting close!!)
Old 09-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #21
Leitadala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
Hi--popping in again from the October 2009 thread. We are at 39 days out! I should be doing this but instead I am doing this
Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one! So much to do, after so many months of planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carps09 View Post
Hi! I saw your post about Home Depot being out of LGMH...but then you finally found them! We just went over the weekend, and it looks like they are different now than they used to be. Our LGMHs are on a rectangular piece of stock, not simply a LGMH. What do yours look like? (My DF and I will be at Disney the same time as you, celebrating our honeymoon! Our vacations are getting close!!)
Mine are on a rectangular card as well, but the LGMH peels off it just fine (gets a little wrinkled though) and I think I read on another post that if you wet the back then it peels off nicer (yet to try that though). I came home from work one day to find a few LGMHs on the table with a note from DH "I went to Home Depot today and thought of you" And you will be on your Honeymoon, how exciting!
Old 09-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #22
Leitadala
Mouseketeer

A Vent

Yesterday I called up Disney and asked if there was room availability to extend our stay 2 nights, and if so then how much would it be (with our upgraded deluxe dining). Well, it was a bit much so I told the lady that I wasn't interested, thanks for looking for me but it was too much, and ended the call. Today I get an invoice in my e-mail for that amount, with my stay extended 2 days! I don't understand how she just went ahead and did that just because I asked for a quote and if it were possible. I guess I probably shouldn't be so upset, but I'm so worried now because we HAD it all set up perfectly and paid for and now it's been tampered with which makes me thinks I may run into more problems later. When I called to get the situation corrected the guy did not sound confident at all... he asked "how many nights is it supposed to be for?" (I mean, can't they tell what I've already paid for?) and then he put me on hold for awhile, and came back and told me it was fixed. I asked to confirm that it was with free dining upgraded to deluxe, and he said it was, but again I didn't feel confident in him. I'm supposed to get an e-mail confirmation (which I'm still waiting for) and everything should be ok... I guess... but I guess I won't really know until check in on Oct 3...

Thanks for letting me vent...
Old 09-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #23
carps09
Norway's spirit always has been, and always will be, adventure

Thanks for the tip about wetting the back of the LGMH! I will try that. Sorry about your rude CM...I don't understand why she went ahead and booked that either.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #24
Leitadala
Mouseketeer

Everything seems to be ok. We got our luggage tags and such in the mail the other day and have that envelope with the Magical Express envelope in a folder with our little itenerary book! I have 2 days left to pack for the next month that we are hotel living! Is it terribly wrong that I'm way more excited for Disney than Vegas? (I've never been to Vegas though, so I guess I don't know what to be excited for!)
Old 09-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #25
Leitadala
Mouseketeer

Yesterday we were eating at our hotel in Vegas and we both ordered burgers. They came out and were MASSIVE. I commented "so this is what $15 hamburgers look like." DH's response? "Lets take pictures of them!" Dis boards food reviews have corrupted him!

He's also so surprised and pleased with the organization in the hotel room, including a pop-up hamper (such an upgrade from suitcases full of garbage bags full of dirty clothes) and the over-the-door shoe organizer to hold bathroom-type bottles and supplies. I told him he ows the dis boards! This site is awesome and I deffinately thank whoever originated these ideas!

-Jessi
Old 09-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #26
blue-skies
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitadala View Post
After several trips to Home Depot I was feeling a bit down, thinking that they would never restock LGMHs. Finally today we went and they had them! Being a big chicken though I could only bring myself to take TWO... and just now DH came over to my desk and unloaded a pocket full of them! He says now I can rest easy with a good stock of LGMH to do as I please (including sharing with my dear friend Blue-Skies!)

75 Days to go!
That is so sweet that he had those for you! I'm glad they finally got them in =D I'm SO excited about decorating the window!!! =P
Old 09-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #27
blue-skies
Earning My Ears

Geeze talk about getting excited! I can't believe it's only 2 weeks and 3 days left before we are at WDW!! I feel so prepared from all the cool stuff you put together and all the awesome things I've read on DISboards! o_O Especially being able to check out pictures! A bit nervous about all the planes we'll be on, but I'm sure it will be fine
Old 10-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #28
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Whooo hoooo - you're almost there!!!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 10-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #29
Leitadala
Mouseketeer

We're there and back already! We had a great week, and some very magical moments! Maybe I can talk blue_skies into doing the trip report since I did the pre-trip I haven't even had a chance yet to go through all our pictures, I think we took close to 1000!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #30
Leitadala
Mouseketeer

Trip Report Link

An update on two things from my PTR: First, I didn't run into any problems from the confusion with the CM that day, but we did receive 2 luggage tag / itenerary packages (the second one was waiting for us when we returned, I'm guessing the coupons will just expire). Second (for anyone wondering what my verdict would be), Disney beat Vegas :D

Ok, Blue_skies either didn't pick up the hint or has been too busy to check disboards (let alone do a TR) - probably the second there... so I have started one. It will be slow at first as I've still not really got my house in order yet (we finally went grocery shopping today... almost a week later!) but I'll do what I can (and maybe Blue will join in!)

Enough Heat to last us the Winter: Oct 09 TR

Last edited by Leitadala; 10-17-2009 at 09:20 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: