Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2009, 08:25 AM   #1381
TheDISneyFamily
°O° DIS Friendship Pixie °O°
I call it the Save & Splurge!
We're ready to meet some DIS'ers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU View Post
Love the city set- sorry if a stupid question but can you but them now or are they only available at the parks?
I think if you have the SKU number and call WDW merchandise (sorry, don't have the number handy) you can buy them... but, since the set you want is limited to 500, I'm not sure you would be able to grab one from home by calling on the day of release. It's worth a try, I guess.

Home Sweet Home - BWV - I'm going back to my happy place!

***DIS/TFW Friendship Pixie***
TheDISneyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #1382
Andrew Bichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
are they only available at the parks?
I would hope so.

Otherwise that's one less reason for going to Disney or for attending Food & Wine!!

Andrew
Andrew Bichard is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #1383
TeresaWen
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting the pictures of the F&W pins. Beautiful. I am now on my 30 day countdown. All that is left to do is wait and that is the hardest part!!!
TeresaWen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:20 AM   #1384
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Love the city set- sorry if a stupid question but can you but them now or are they only available at the parks?
I know that Pin Central in Epcot sells the pins, AP holder and DVC member included. But I don't know if the other pin locations sell them. I do believe the festival merchandise other than pins can only be found at Epcot.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:00 AM   #1385
chip&dale&fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDISneyFamily View Post

Name:
"EpcotŪ International Food and Wine Festival 2009 - Disney Vacation Club - Chip and Dale"
Release Date:
09/21/09
SKU:
Retail:
$9.95
Edition Size:

Guess which pin I want????????
DREAMing Maiden Voyage 2011/Wedding Cruise September 2011/January 2012.

NEXT CRUISE DISNEY FANTASY
chip&dale&fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #1386
georgemoe
Beverages? There were beverages?
Will always remember Norway (even if he did forget his wife)
AKA Seņor Jorge

Quote:
All but the SE/apple pin list no mailorder at disneypins. I'm taking that to mean only in the parks/Epcot. I'm guessing some will show up on eBay though.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:21 PM   #1387
DebšošS
DISneyngardenFANopics
Better get back to my laughing place for cheese

Location: 1062.3 miles from my "Home Away From Home"resort The Boardwalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnasally View Post
Since this will be our first F&W I am totally overwhelmed since I printed out the schedule. This is DH's 60th birthday surprise trip. He is an avid cook. I can not afford to buy tickets to all the events and some of the people I have never heard of --- Help!
I am thinking just a gift card for him to use to eat his way around the world and maybe catch some free demos. Can the Dining Plan card be used at any of the kiosks? Any suggestions from veteran F&W DISers would be appreciated.
Too funny,we'll be at the F&W fest for my DHs 60th birthday as well. Yes, you can use snack credits at some kiosks from the dining plan and of course TS and CS meals around the WS. I'm going to get a F&W gift card in addition so that we don't have to keep pulling out cash or cc.

DebšošS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:11 AM   #1388
chip&dale&fun
DIS Veteran

Some other hints for firstimers - start small. Our first trip was also a surprise for DH and I did not have the Dis to help There is so much to do, you will not have time to do it all and you will not miss the events you do not know about - they will be things to look forward to the next time.

Strolling around the world eating a bit here and there is so much fun. Be prepared for crowds if you are there on the weekends. Skip a booth and come back in less popular times (ie not at lunch or dinner).

Visit the Festival Center - they have wine samples as well as merchandise - you do not need to buy, you can look at the cookbooks and cool off in the air-conditioning. If you recogniize a chef, standing in line to have the book authographed if you are lucky to have the author present, is a nice present and souvenier, and useful. Look at the wines. There have been mixed reviews of the prices and mark-ups, but it is still fun to see and try to find your favourite at home.

Keep a journal of the nibbles you have eaten. Rate your favourite and remember to take pictures so that you can post on the web.

Plan a party when you return - even if it is only for the 2 of you - the Food and Wine Cookbook can make a nice present as well.

We share our nibbles so that we can eat more variety.

Also at the Festival Center - check out the Seminars - were you able to book any for the pre-offering rates? If not, and without lurking, stroll by the venues so that you can get an idea of the events for next year.

Try the wine passports - Australia is a fun place just to stop and speak to the "kids" that are at the food booths - they are always willing to talk to you about their county.

And the free demonstrations where you do not get to sample the food, usually in Epcot, are still interesting - they are sponsored by the County tourist boards and worth stopping by to see.

Hum, what else can we tell a first timer? Oh yes, DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. Not sure when you are going but Florida is still hot. And it is very important to stay hydrated when sipping all that wine.

If your goal is Food and Wine, and you are not at WDW for an extended period, you will need to decide if you want to see all the parks, or stroll around Food and Wine. Trust me, you cannot do it all.

Hope this 2, 5, 10 or 25 cents worth of past trips helps.

Most importantly ENJOY - and hope it rains. The crowds are sometimes less. (Take or buy a pancho).
DREAMing Maiden Voyage 2011/Wedding Cruise September 2011/January 2012.

NEXT CRUISE DISNEY FANTASY
chip&dale&fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:37 AM   #1389
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip&dale&fun View Post
Some other hints for firstimers

Hope this 2, 5, 10 or 25 cents worth of past trips helps.
What a great list for first-timers! Well done!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #1390
wezee
Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams about Mickey Mouse?

I did look thru the 2009 F&WF guide book and did not see the Aussie Wine Walkabout. I just love my Australian wine. This was always one of our favorite stops....anyone know if it will be back this year?????

Next Magical Moment: Sept. 2013
March 1995 Off site, Feb 2000 POFQ, March 2006 POFQ (25th Anniv.)March 2007 POFQ, Oct. 2007 POFQ, Sept. 2008 POFQ, Oct. 2009 POFQ, March 2010 POFQ,Sept 2010 POFQ, Feb 2011 POFQ, Oct. 2011 POFQ (30th Anniv.)., POFQ Sept 2012,
wezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #1391
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Question: on the walk abouts (I think I saw a beer one this year...) if we buy one passport, does that mean that only one person can walk into the section? I don't drink beer, but my boyfriend does. So can I walk around with him while he tries them or is that a no-no?
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #1392
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Question: on the walk abouts (I think I saw a beer one this year...) if we buy one passport, does that mean that only one person can walk into the section? I don't drink beer, but my boyfriend does. So can I walk around with him while he tries them or is that a no-no?
That won't be a problem. If you don't produce the "passport", they don't give you any beer (or wine)!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #1393
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Looks like there is no Aussie wine walk-about this year. There is a beer one instead. Disney seems to be emphasizing beer more this year -- perhaps to compete with Universal's beer festival.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #1394
webray
Love the wineauxs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethB View Post
Looks like there is no Aussie wine walk-about this year. There is a beer one instead. Disney seems to be emphasizing beer more this year -- perhaps to compete with Universal's beer festival.
I don't think they want to compete with Universal's beer festival..that is a much different creature.

I think Disney is trying to get into the swing of things and please their guests by updating their offerings all the way around including many more spirits (rum/tequila, etc).
Old 09-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #1395
cdepauli
Briar Rose

How do I get a festival brochure? I'm an AP holder and have TIW, but haven't received one. I did get one 2 years ago when I had the AP/DDE. I hate looking at it online and like to make marks on it for planning.

Thanks!

DD's first trip July 26-Aug 1 2011 Bonnet Creek; June 19-26 2010 Bonnet Creek; May 15-18 2010 Off Site - with my mom's entire family; 2009 Food and Wine Festival October 10-13 CSR; AKL July 21-28 2009; Engaged June 29, 2007 at the California Grill; Disneymoon September 20-28 2008 POR; October 2007 Bonnet Creek; June 2007 Dolphin; November 2006 Dolphin; May 2006 Bonnet Creek; 2003 ASMu; 2001 Offsite; 1998 ASMu; 1996 Offsite with the marching band senior year
cdepauli is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: