Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #196
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
Definitely, - Cheese Fudge!!
Make that Chocolate Cheese Fudge!

But I don't really consider Velveeta cheese!!!

What would be the 'comfort' libation with cheese fudge ... sweet tea ?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:10 PM   #197
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
Make that Chocolate Cheese Fudge!

But I don't really consider Velveeta cheese!!! laughing:

What would be the 'comfort' libation with cheese fudge ... sweet tea ?
I think for the premium bar - Boones Farms !
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #198
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Here's some more from the Miami Examiner:

Adventures in Signature Dining:

* Sept. 30 Jiko Suvir Saran
* Oct. 1 Portabello Tony Manuano
* Oct. 8 Wolfgang Puck Wolfgang Puck
* Oct. 15 Flying Fish Café Rick Tramonto
* Oct. 22 The Wave TBD
* Oct. 25 Victoria & Albert’s Scott Hunnel
* Oct. 29 California Grill TBD
* TBD Ragland Road Kevin Dundon
* TBD BlueZoo Todd English
I would not be able to attend any of these as they all take place on weekdays - except October 25 which is not a weekend I will be there.

I'm guessing there may be a backlash about the fees for wine and culinary demos.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #199
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
I think for the premium bar - Boones Farms !
Oh for sure! Boones Farm Strawberry Hill ... chocolate and strawberries
Old 06-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #200
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I would not be able to attend any of these as they all take place on weekdays - except October 25 which is not a weekend I will be there.

I'm guessing there may be a backlash about the fees for wine and culinary demos.
Todd's is usually on a weekend but you did that last year. It was yummy but I don't think I would do it two years in a row. Too many other things to try.

I agree there will be grumblings about the fees. I'm okay with it because I felt (and witnessed) people just come into those seminars to get the wine and then leave before the winery rep was finished with the presentation. This way those of us that are really interested in learning things will get a seat.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #201
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

I'd do Todd's 2 years in a row if it's the only one I can get to - will wait to see what his dates are.

People's expectations are going to be much higher if they're actually paying money - can't wait to see how that works if it's true.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #202
kabuki

Quote:
Todd's is usually on a weekend but you did that last year. It was yummy but I don't think I would do it two years in a row. Too many other things to try.

I agree there will be grumblings about the fees. I'm okay with it because I felt (and witnessed) people just come into those seminars to get the wine and then leave before the winery rep was finished with the presentation. This way those of us that are really interested in learning things will get a seat.
"I'm okay with it because I felt (and witnessed) people just come into those seminars to get the wine and then leave before the winery rep was finished with the presentation. This way those of us that are really interested in learning things will get a seat"

You are getting a standing ovation from my husband and I!
I don't mind paying a bit for this. We have learned a lot at these and Disney usually gets the winemakers or the winery owners in. We also hate to see people sit for 2 minutes drink the wine and leave usually to get in the next line for more "free" booze!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #203
lehto
... And a little pixie dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
You are getting a standing ovation from my husband and I!
I don't mind paying a bit for this. We have learned a lot at these and Disney usually gets the winemakers or the winery owners in. We also hate to see people sit for 2 minutes drink the wine and leave usually to get in the next line for more "free" booze!

You hit the nail on the head!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #204
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

The backlash will likely come from some of the regulars - not the vacationers. Probably the very ones that leave and then get back in line.

I would be interested in knowing how they will handle payment - at the event? or prebooking?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:00 PM   #205
kabuki

Quote:
The backlash will likely come from some of the regulars - not the vacationers. Probably the very ones that leave and then get back in line.

I would be interested in knowing how they will handle payment - at the event? or prebooking?
I agree it will be VERY interesting! I hope it all goes well. So far I am excited and I know I will have fun no matter what. We are planning on two PFTS again and who knows if we will pay the bump up. We don't sit so it would only be if the wine is something special.

By the way I know I am the billionth person to tell you but your icons are great!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #206
kabuki

By the way -lehto- Halloween wedding!?! Too cool!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #207
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

I'll be going down to one PFTS and based on reports (it will be Oct. 31 which is one of the last ones) may be up to paying the bump fee (seeing as I can't spend money on signatures unless Todd comes through!)
Old 06-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #208
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:

I'm speculating payment on the day of the event. They might have a ticket kiosk/cash register set up in the Welcome Center for the wine and food demos. That way there doesn't need to be noisy line that would be disturbing the ones that are in session. Although some people may get in line to be able to sit in the front row. Time will tell ...
Old 06-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #209
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Here's some more from the Miami Examiner:

Adventures in Signature Dining:

* Sept. 30 Jiko Suvir Saran
* Oct. 1 Portabello Tony Manuano
* Oct. 8 Wolfgang Puck Wolfgang Puck
* Oct. 15 Flying Fish Café Rick Tramonto
* Oct. 22 The Wave TBD
* Oct. 25 Victoria & Albert’s Scott Hunnel
* Oct. 29 California Grill TBD
* TBD Ragland Road Kevin Dundon
* TBD BlueZoo Todd English
Boo Yeah!

The October 15th Flying Fish dinner with Rick Tramonto would be the one I'd be trying to get into. Here's the fun part: If I do manage to get into this event, this will be the SECOND time that I've had a Chicago chef named Rick cook a meal for me at the food and wine festival. The first Rick was Rick Bayless. He cooked a fantastic Lunch and Learn meal in 2003. I enjoy the irony of traveling 1000 miles to have a chef local to my area cook for me.

Oh, and if you've read my first Larded and Loaded Tour food report, Tramonto was the chef I raved about because he served lobster bisque "shooters" at Party for the Senses that were obscenely good. (I took down the link temporarily to fit in the sig pics Catherine made for me.)

Speaking of the Party, I don't think I'm going to it this year. What the heck is "classical" food, anyway? I am thinking of going to Bistro de Paris that night, instead. And V&A the following night. That leaves Wednesday as my dedicated "nosh" day at Epcot. That works for me.

As for the seminars, I'd be very happy if the fee cuts back on the freeloading repeat offenders who don't stay for the talk. I haven't gone to any last year, but it prior years I didn't see people doing that much. I really enjoyed the ones I went to. I still remember the cognac one I did. I learned a lot from that presentation.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #210
kabuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
Boo Yeah!

The October 15th Flying Fish dinner with Rick Tramonto would be the one I'd be trying to get into. Here's the fun part: If I do manage to get into this event, this will be the SECOND time that I've had a Chicago chef named Rick cook a meal for me at the food and wine festival. The first Rick was Rick Bayless. He cooked a fantastic Lunch and Learn meal in 2003. I enjoy the irony of traveling 1000 miles to have a chef local to my area cook for me.

Oh, and if you've read my first Larded and Loaded Tour food report, Tramonto was the chef I raved about because he served lobster bisque "shooters" at Party for the Senses that were obscenely good. (I took down the link temporarily to fit in the sig pics Catherine made for me.)

Speaking of the Party, I don't think I'm going to it this year. What the heck is "classical" food, anyway? I am thinking of going to Bistro de Paris that night, instead. And V&A the following night. That leaves Wednesday as my dedicated "nosh" day at Epcot. That works for me.

As for the seminars, I'd be very happy if the fee cuts back on the freeloading repeat offenders who don't stay for the talk. I haven't gone to any last year, but it prior years I didn't see people doing that much. I really enjoyed the ones I went to. I still remember the cognac one I did. I learned a lot from that presentation.
Pictures from the Rick Bayless Lunch???

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: