Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-25-2009, 09:14 AM   #181
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET
 
dizneykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Largo, Florida
Posts: 1,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
Reported from a 'non' official site:
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Specialty Programs – Food and Wine Pairings

It appears Mexico's San Angel Inn has been added to this year's selections.
Thanks!

I looked through some of the links from the site you gave. Did you see this? I wonder if these are the "free" seminars they gave in previous years or something new.

Wine Seminars (there will be a nominal fee to attend) will run daily for 45 minutes and introduce you to a featured winery with a few samples to taste plus some helpful tips about the wines. Seminars will take place Monday-Thursday at 10 and 11:45 a.m., 1:30, 3:15, and 5 p.m.; and Friday – Sunday at 12:00, 2:00, 3:45, and 5:30 p.m.

Also - seems the culinary demo will have a fee.

Culinary demonstrations (there will be a nominal fee to attend) by chefs preparing tasty dishes and offering some helpful cooking tips. More importantly, a sample of the prepared dish. Each seminar runs for 45 minutes and will take place Monday - Thursday at 10:45 a.m., 12:30, 2:15, and 4 p.m.; and Friday – Sunday at 1:00, 2:45, and 4:30 p.m.
__________________
jeanne

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
dizneykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #182
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!
 
redzinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,520

I think you're right jeanne, those (daily times) are the ones that used to be free tastings. I hope the reporter is just adding his 2¢ in here. Time will tell. If Disney does charge for these tastings it will cut down on the size of the line that's for sure.
__________________
redzinner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #183
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!
 
redzinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,520

Here's some more from the Miami Examiner:


Adventures in Signature Dining:

* Sept. 30 Jiko Suvir Saran
* Oct. 1 Portabello Tony Manuano
* Oct. 8 Wolfgang Puck Wolfgang Puck
* Oct. 15 Flying Fish Café Rick Tramonto
* Oct. 22 The Wave TBD
* Oct. 25 Victoria & Albert’s Scott Hunnel
* Oct. 29 California Grill TBD
* TBD Ragland Road Kevin Dundon
* TBD BlueZoo Todd English
__________________
redzinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:02 AM   #184
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!
 
redzinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,520

More info:
Adventures in Varietals

Hosted by renowned wine educators, these seminars will examine one variety of grape and the influence of its terroir (type of soil, geographic location, water drainage, angle to sun, and altitude) on the taste of the wine that comes from that particular grape. It's truly educational and you'll be an expert by the time the seminar comes to a close. The adventures will take place only three days at the Welcome Center Retreat (theme park admission is NOT REQUIRED for these seminars) from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

* October 10 – Chardonnay
* October 24 – Pinot Noir (oh do I know someone that will be interested in this seminar.
* November 7 – TBD
__________________

Last edited by redzinner; 06-25-2009 at 10:21 AM.
redzinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #185
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET
 
dizneykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Largo, Florida
Posts: 1,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
More info:
Adventures in Varietals

Hosted by renowned wine educators, these seminars will examine one variety of grape and the influence of its terroir (type of soil, geographic location, water drainage, angle to sun, and altitude) on the taste of the wine that comes from that particular grape. It's truly educational and you'll be an expert by the time the seminar comes to a close. The adventures will take place only three days at the Welcome Center Retreat (theme park admission is NOT REQUIRED for these seminars) from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

* October 10 – Chardonnay
* October 24 – Pinot Noir (oh do I know someone that will be interested in this seminar.
* November 7 – TBD
Oh, - And we will all be there that Saturday too!!!
__________________
jeanne

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
dizneykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #186
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible
 
*NikkiBell*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 12,284
DISboards Moderator

Did anybody notice that this year's Party for the Senses is having a $60 add-on room? What the heck is that about? The price is ridiculous as it is!
__________________
Nikki
DIS Unplugged Forum Moderator & Blogger

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter






2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #187
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET
 
dizneykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Largo, Florida
Posts: 1,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Did anybody notice that this year's Party for the Senses is having a $60 add-on room? What the heck is that about? The price is ridiculous as it is!
I guess that means this -

Prices are not final yet but plan on spending about $135 per person, including gratuity and excluding tax. Add another $60 per person to that, and you gain access to the very private and exclusive "Wine View Lounge" that offers private seating, a premium bar and cheese station. I told you it would be unforgettable.

Do you think this is Disney's way of trying to solve the "seating" problem of year's past? I guess - EVERYTHING FOR A PRICE!
__________________
jeanne

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
dizneykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #188
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!
 
redzinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
Oh, - And we will all be there that Saturday too!!!
__________________
redzinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #189
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet
 
kabuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
Reported from a 'non' official site:
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Specialty Programs – Food and Wine Pairings

It appears Mexico's San Angel Inn has been added to this year's selections.
Thank you redzinner! WOW! did you see the dinners .. I am so happy it looks like Alan Wong will be there again this year!
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #190
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!
 
redzinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
I guess that means this -

Prices are not final yet but plan on spending about $135 per person, including gratuity and excluding tax. Add another $60 per person to that, and you gain access to the very private and exclusive "Wine View Lounge" that offers private seating, a premium bar and cheese station. I told you it would be unforgettable.

Do you think this is Disney's way of trying to solve the "seating" problem of year's past? I guess - EVERYTHING FOR A PRICE!
And did you notice each Saturday will have a food theme?

Each week offers a new and unique cultural culinary cuisine:

* September 26 –Spanish
* October 3 –Comfort Foods with a Twist
* October 10 –South American
* October 17 – Classical
* October 24 – Asian
* October 31 – Fall Harvest
* November 7 – Italian
__________________
redzinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #191
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet
 
kabuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
I guess that means this -

Prices are not final yet but plan on spending about $135 per person, including gratuity and excluding tax. Add another $60 per person to that, and you gain access to the very private and exclusive "Wine View Lounge" that offers private seating, a premium bar and cheese station. I told you it would be unforgettable.

Do you think this is Disney's way of trying to solve the "seating" problem of year's past? I guess - EVERYTHING FOR A PRICE!
I want to know what premium bar means?! Does that mean Caymus wont run out after 1/2 hour?!
Also is the cheese station only here??? Don't take away the cheese!!!!
I see Paul and the Dean boys are at the Fest over the same weekend that PFTS is supposed to have "comfort food with a twist".. cheese fudge?
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #192
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET
 
dizneykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Largo, Florida
Posts: 1,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
And did you notice each Saturday will have a food theme?

Each week offers a new and unique cultural culinary cuisine:

* September 26 –Spanish
* October 3 –Comfort Foods with a Twist
* October 10 –South American
* October 17 – Classical
* October 24 – Asian
* October 31 – Fall Harvest
* November 7 – Italian
Yes, I did. I REALLY like this idea!!
__________________
jeanne

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
dizneykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:57 AM   #193
*KeepMovingForward*


DIS Veteran
 
*KeepMovingForward*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Did anybody notice that this year's Party for the Senses is having a $60 add-on room? What the heck is that about? The price is ridiculous as it is!
I agree that it is ridiculous. If I'm going to plop down that kind of money then I'm going to V&A's and have myself a nice sit down dinner and enjoy the evening, not toss myself in the mass chaos of PFTS. I'll be interested to hear about the private room, but am not going to spring for it myself.
*KeepMovingForward* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #194
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET
 
dizneykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Largo, Florida
Posts: 1,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
I want to know what premium bar means?! Does that mean Caymus wont run out after 1/2 hour?!
Also is the cheese station only here??? Don't take away the cheese!!!!
I see Paul and the Dean boys are at the Fest over the same weekend that PFTS is supposed to have "comfort food with a twist".. cheese fudge?
Yes, the Wine View Lounge sounds very interesting. Would love more info. I wonder where they will put it. We will just have to see - that would bring the price to a whopping $195! Plus tax.

Definitely, - Cheese Fudge!!
__________________
jeanne

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
dizneykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #195
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet
 
kabuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
Yes, the Wine View Lounge sounds very interesting. Would love more info. I wonder where they will put it. We will just have to see - that would bring the price to a whopping $195! Plus tax.

Definitely, - Cheese Fudge!!

I would guess all the way at the back to left. They have an outside area that they can open up. Who knows.. that is my guess!

kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disney Food Pictures...Part IV! Pumbaa_ Disney Restaurants 3865 04-10-2014 10:30 AM
Guy Fieri's Disneyland Resort Holiday Special - AIRING ON FOOD NETWORK THIS MONTH! Sherry E Disneyland (California) 91 12-15-2009 10:40 AM
For those who think the DCL food is "meh" es45 Disney Cruise Line Forum 59 11-24-2009 09:42 PM
Our Disneymoon dining report....too much food + a lot of pictures vikkii19 Disney Dining Reviews 58 11-17-2009 01:49 PM
Food at Pop Century? PeytonSdiz Disney Restaurants 42 11-14-2009 05:18 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: