Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #46
choirchic
DIS Veteran

I've got friends in Lower Places...

"Lower" meaning Georgia!

We just got back in touch with an old friend, and as it turns out that he lives EXACTLY halfway between Charlotte and Orlando!
As a result of this, we're gonna leave a day early () stop in Savannah, and spend the night at his place catching up!
We'll then get an early start the next morning and POW! We'll already be halfway to Disney!

WOO HOO! Can't wait!
(Lots of smiley faces in this post...can you tell I'm happy! )
Old 08-24-2009, 08:35 AM   #47
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

HELLO! i just started reading your PTR .. and am sad as you leave the day before i get to ASMu!!! You are going to have such a blast! your ADR's look great! and you share in common the same thing as me ... i MUST eat at california grill my first night at wdw!! i will be attending the halloween party twice on my trip!
oh yeah ... and im a huge twilight dork. i went to see bandslam just to see the exclusive new moon clips! it was AMAZING! and i feel bad thinking how hot jacob is coz hes like ... 17!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #48
choirchic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallowishes View Post
HELLO! i just started reading your PTR .. and am sad as you leave the day before i get to ASMu!!! You are going to have such a blast! your ADR's look great! and you share in common the same thing as me ... i MUST eat at california grill my first night at wdw!! i will be attending the halloween party twice on my trip!
oh yeah ... and im a huge twilight dork. i went to see bandslam just to see the exclusive new moon clips! it was AMAZING! and i feel bad thinking how hot jacob is coz hes like ... 17!
Thanks for tuning in! We've never eaten at California Grill and I can't wait! I can't believe you're going to the Halloween Party twice! That's too cool! Our first party was last year and we had a blast!

As for Jacob...well, It doesn't hurt to look right?
Old 08-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #49
choirchic
DIS Veteran

Well....2 weeks from now we'll be on our way!

I saw on the restaurant boards that the Wishes Dessert Buffet was extended. I was thinking that this would be a great way to spend our last night in Disney, but now I'm having doubts. It's just me and my husband and it would cost almost $40 with tax. He "likes" dessert but I would be the one doing most of the eating there. If anyone has any opinions, I'd love to hear them...I'm thinking we're gonna pass, but it's nice to know that the option is still there...

I've already started making lists for what little odds and ends I need, and I'll start packing a few days before. I'm one of those people that likes to do laundry before I go away so I don't come home to a mess! I'd like to say that I'm a neat freak, but it only happens when we're going away!
Old 08-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #50
jmkford4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirchic View Post

I saw on the restaurant boards that the Wishes Dessert Buffet was extended. I was thinking that this would be a great way to spend our last night in Disney, but now I'm having doubts. It's just me and my husband and it would cost almost $40 with tax. He "likes" dessert but I would be the one doing most of the eating there. If anyone has any opinions, I'd love to hear them...I'm thinking we're gonna pass, but it's nice to know that the option is still there...

I've already started making lists for what little odds and ends I need, and I'll start packing a few days before. I'm one of those people that likes to do laundry before I go away so I don't come home to a mess! I'd like to say that I'm a neat freak, but it only happens when we're going away!
Me too. I don;t want to come home to a messy house. I am thinking of starting to pack soon, as I bought a lot of clothes for the kids on this trip. I am paralyzed with indecision though. IDK what I am going to do today! Probably laundry.

Planning our first LARGE FAMILY trip for 2014

Old 08-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #51
choirchic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkford4 View Post
Me too. I don;t want to come home to a messy house. I am thinking of starting to pack soon, as I bought a lot of clothes for the kids on this trip. I am paralyzed with indecision though. IDK what I am going to do today! Probably laundry.
How funny...I'm totally doing laundry today!

We leave on the 9/11, but our actual Anniversary is 9/10. I'm going to definitely be packed before then so we can go out and enjoy dinner somewhere and start our vacation early!
Old 08-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #52
jmkford4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
How funny...I'm totally doing laundry today!

We leave on the 9/11, but our actual Anniversary is 9/10. I'm going to definitely be packed before then so we can go out and enjoy dinner somewhere and start our vacation early!
Have fun!

Planning our first LARGE FAMILY trip for 2014

Old 08-30-2009, 06:55 AM   #53
deslynnpatterson
we will be married for 5 years:) and will be spending it in disney:)

Quote:

i was debating too about the wishes dessert buffet i though it would be fun to do but not sure it would be worth it since i most likely would not eat a lot of it LOL so I think we might skip it. I made my odds and ends list this weekend to--- and starting backing and cleaning too--- I cannot stand coming home to a messy house!!! I might even do my laundry while in Disney LOL!!!! we will be at disney so soon!!!

Old 08-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #54
choirchic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslynnpatterson View Post
i was debating too about the wishes dessert buffet i though it would be fun to do but not sure it would be worth it since i most likely would not eat a lot of it LOL so I think we might skip it. I made my odds and ends list this weekend to--- and starting backing and cleaning too--- I cannot stand coming home to a messy house!!! I might even do my laundry while in Disney LOL!!!! we will be at disney so soon!!!
I will DEFINITELY be doing laundry in disney...I like to pack light. I plan to put a load of laundry in and relax by the pool. Who can beat that?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #55
choirchic
DIS Veteran

Hidden Magic in the Mail!

Look what I got in the mail today!

This book was suggested by someone on one of the bazillion threads I've been reading over the past few months, and it seemed pretty interesting. I figured that since I'm only driving halfway and then letting my husband take over (as I'm terrified of I95 ) I needed something to keep me occupied and keep my excitement contained in the car!

It's killing me not to read it now, but I really need to save it for the road!
I WILL be bringing my highlighter just in case there are things in there that we don't know about! I can't wait to read!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #56
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Look what I got in the mail today!

This book was suggested by someone on one of the bazillion threads I've been reading over the past few months, and it seemed pretty interesting. I figured that since I'm only driving halfway and then letting my husband take over (as I'm terrified of I95 ) I needed something to keep me occupied and keep my excitement contained in the car!

It's killing me not to read it now, but I really need to save it for the road!
I WILL be bringing my highlighter just in case there are things in there that we don't know about! I can't wait to read!

I"ve never heard of this book before.... I"m gonna look into it.. how much was it?
Old 09-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #57
choirchic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
I"ve never heard of this book before.... I"m gonna look into it.. how much was it?
Welcome back Raecheal! That book was only about $10...you can order it on Amazon. I couldn't resist and had to read the first few pages. It's really interesting!
Old 09-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #58
cakesnjammom
DIS Veteran

just found your ptr thru the MNSSHP thread ! congrats on your trip!
we leave the 17th to head to the HP and then we cruise with Mickey on the Magic! you plans look awesome! the only thing I see missing is Le Cellier - yummy! I cannot wait to read and see your Cali Grille pics/report. I have always wanted to dine there for the fireworks! ENJOY! Happy Anniversary!

I am in Charlotte too...the drive is not bad...it will go quickly especially since you are stopping in Savannah! looking forward to more of your report.
travel safe!
Old 09-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #59
choirchic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesnjammom View Post
just found your ptr thru the MNSSHP thread ! congrats on your trip!
we leave the 17th to head to the HP and then we cruise with Mickey on the Magic! you plans look awesome! the only thing I see missing is Le Cellier - yummy! I cannot wait to read and see your Cali Grille pics/report. I have always wanted to dine there for the fireworks! ENJOY! Happy Anniversary!

I am in Charlotte too...the drive is not bad...it will go quickly especially since you are stopping in Savannah! looking forward to more of your report.
travel safe!
Well hello from Charlotte and welcome! Glad to hear that the drive shouldn't be too bad! This is our first time driving. We usually fly, but all the size regulations and extra costs are making it a little difficult. I figure we'd save a few bucks this way!

As for LeCellier...I went once back when I was in High School (YUM Cheese Soup!) and while they do have delicious food, my husband can't eat steak (gout) so I wasn't sure that would be a good place for us. If you know of something else that's good on their menu, I might change my mind...?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #60
cakesnjammom
DIS Veteran

you know to tell you the truth we like driving better than flying....by the time we got to the airport by DME and waited for our flight we could have been half way home. no doubt flying is quicker...but you are more on your schedule than Disney's transportation when you drive. LMK if you feel the same!

Le Cellier is AWESOME...they have chicken breast, scallops, salmon...can your dh do any of that? not sure of all gout restrictions but I am thinking red meat? I think he will be happy with the selections....
http://allears.net/menu/menu_lcd.htm
maybe too late...but keep in mind for next time! YUM...or you may could get in for late lunch?

I am so with you on the costume plan...too hot! We are all wearing halloween tees too. Try talking a 5 and 7 year old into that...it was NOT easy!
Well wishing you a GREAT trip...enjoy every second!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: