Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #31
deslynnpatterson
we will be married for 5 years:) and will be spending it in disney:)
 
deslynnpatterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA steeler country:)
Posts: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirchic View Post
I was editing as you were replying!

I'm glad to hear that ASMu is quiet...I was contemplating POP this year but they were already booked!

Do you guys have any special plans? I was very excited to finally get an ADR for The CA Grill!

we our anniversary we are going to eat dinner at Narcoossee's this will be our first time trying it!! i am really looking forward to it!!! This will be our first 2 credit dinning place ever LOL-- other than that just spending as much time in the parks as we can and taking late night swims LOL. I might book the DH the experience in epcot to snorkle in the living seas-- but i am still debating--- and we might do the seeds tour with living with the land-- all still up in the air-- I think in the next 2 weeks we will be making more decisions
__________________
2004- POP, 2005-POP, 2006-POP, 2007- ASMU, 2008- ASMU, ASMU FREE DINNING AGAIN SEPT 2009 , SSR May 2010, SEPT 2010 CSR free dinning, SEPT 2011 8th-17th CSR!!!!

deslynnpatterson is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #32
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslynnpatterson View Post
we our anniversary we are going to eat dinner at Narcoossee's this will be our first time trying it!! i am really looking forward to it!!! This will be our first 2 credit dinning place ever LOL-- other than that just spending as much time in the parks as we can and taking late night swims LOL. I might book the DH the experience in epcot to snorkle in the living seas-- but i am still debating--- and we might do the seeds tour with living with the land-- all still up in the air-- I think in the next 2 weeks we will be making more decisions
We LOVED Narcoossee's last year...they took really good care of us for our Anniversary! They Sat us by the window with a view of MK and everything...they pipe in the music for the fireworks and it was amazing! The food is yummy too! I even had the Disney Anniversary Cake special ordered as a surprise for DH from the cake hotline! If I didn't get CA Grill, we would definitely be going back there!

__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #33
deslynnpatterson
we will be married for 5 years:) and will be spending it in disney:)
 
deslynnpatterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA steeler country:)
Posts: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirchic View Post
We LOVED Narcoossee's last year...they took really good care of us for our Anniversary! They Sat us by the window with a view of MK and everything...they pipe in the music for the fireworks and it was amazing! The food is yummy too! I even had the Disney Anniversary Cake special ordered as a surprise for DH from the cake hotline! If I didn't get CA Grill, we would definitely be going back there!



your cake looks delicious!!!!! WOW!! I keep debating back and forth about the cake-- but after seeing your it makes me want one even more!! Can i ask how much did that size cake cost? and what kind of batter and filling did you get? Aww i hope we get a seat by the window !! that would be soo nice did they do anything else special for you guys such as a glass of chamagne? or a special dessert? I heard other disers getting special treatments at places for there anniversary i am just trying to figure out what i am in for LOL Did you get the almond crusted cheesecake there also? that looks soo yummy!! From what i heard it gets rave reviews
__________________
2004- POP, 2005-POP, 2006-POP, 2007- ASMU, 2008- ASMU, ASMU FREE DINNING AGAIN SEPT 2009 , SSR May 2010, SEPT 2010 CSR free dinning, SEPT 2011 8th-17th CSR!!!!

deslynnpatterson is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #34
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslynnpatterson View Post
your cake looks delicious!!!!! WOW!! I keep debating back and forth about the cake-- but after seeing your it makes me want one even more!! Can i ask how much did that size cake cost? and what kind of batter and filling did you get? Aww i hope we get a seat by the window !! that would be soo nice did they do anything else special for you guys such as a glass of chamagne? or a special dessert? I heard other disers getting special treatments at places for there anniversary i am just trying to figure out what i am in for LOL Did you get the almond crusted cheesecake there also? that looks soo yummy!! From what i heard it gets rave reviews
Thanks! That cake was $70 from the cake hotline and WAY too big for just the 2 of us, but it was well worth it to see DH's face! (he never got to try our wedding cake so I had them re-create the flavors - chocolate cake with strawberry cream mousse filling - YUM) We even got to keep the platter it came on! That was a nice surprise! They also gave us personalized menus! They were too cute and completely unexpected!



That cake was so big, we didn't even WANT to try the other desserts!
__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #35
deslynnpatterson
we will be married for 5 years:) and will be spending it in disney:)
 
deslynnpatterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA steeler country:)
Posts: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirchic View Post
Thanks! That cake was $70 from the cake hotline and WAY too big for just the 2 of us, but it was well worth it to see DH's face! (he never got to try our wedding cake so I had them re-create the flavors - chocolate cake with strawberry cream mousse filling - YUM) We even got to keep the platter it came on! That was a nice surprise! They also gave us personalized menus! They were too cute and completely unexpected!



That cake was so big, we didn't even WANT to try the other desserts!

aww your DH does look very happy to have the cake I would be too Do you happen to know if you send them a picture of a wedding cake if they can re create it? I was thinking of sending them a picture of mine if i am able to and see what they can do The cake really looks delicious!!! I can't believe they let you keep the platter ! That is a nice little gift and the personalized menu is really cute too now i am hungry for cake LOL!! I have been on a diet for soo long!! lost a a lot of weight-- but don't get me wrong i will indulge for sure in disney LOL!! but then after that its back to healthy eating lol i guess its more of a lifestyle change now than a diet! but i am craving disney food like crazy!!!!
__________________
2004- POP, 2005-POP, 2006-POP, 2007- ASMU, 2008- ASMU, ASMU FREE DINNING AGAIN SEPT 2009 , SSR May 2010, SEPT 2010 CSR free dinning, SEPT 2011 8th-17th CSR!!!!

deslynnpatterson is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #36
Myhappythought5
Mouseketeer
 
Myhappythought5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Too far away from the mouse, Ohio
Posts: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirchic View Post
I am SO happy that I got up early and waited on hold for over an hour!

Here's What I got:



Thurs - 9/17 - Tusker House @ 8:20am
This is a character breakfast. There's still a ton of things at the Animal Kingdom that we haven't explored!
I'm hoping that an early start here helps us out!
I just have to remember not to overeat at the buffet!



I'm SO doing the happy dance right now!
We will be there at basically the same time. Our Res is @ 8:25 am I promised my DH that we could spend a whole day in AK since that is his favorite and for some reason when he is with us it always gets cut short. So I wanted to make sure we get an early start. We are celebrating our 10th Anniv.
We might actually run into each other there. Have a great time.
__________________
Me DP DD 12 DD 9 DS 5
Myhappythought5 is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #37
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslynnpatterson View Post
aww your DH does look very happy to have the cake I would be too Do you happen to know if you send them a picture of a wedding cake if they can re create it? I was thinking of sending them a picture of mine if i am able to and see what they can do The cake really looks delicious!!! I can't believe they let you keep the platter ! That is a nice little gift and the personalized menu is really cute too now i am hungry for cake LOL!! I have been on a diet for soo long!! lost a a lot of weight-- but don't get me wrong i will indulge for sure in disney LOL!! but then after that its back to healthy eating lol i guess its more of a lifestyle change now than a diet! but i am craving disney food like crazy!!!!
My best advice would be to go browse the cake thread, get some ideas, and then call for the details. It can be as cheap or expensive as you make it!

PS: I've been doing Weight Watchers, but intend to have a little fun in Disney too! You gotta figure, with all that walking...I'm at least gonna splurge on a Mickey Head Ice Cream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myhappythought5 View Post
We will be there at basically the same time. Our Res is @ 8:25 am I promised my DH that we could spend a whole day in AK since that is his favorite and for some reason when he is with us it always gets cut short. So I wanted to make sure we get an early start. We are celebrating our 10th Anniv.
We might actually run into each other there. Have a great time.
Well Happy Anniversary to you too! We definitely have a lot of unexplored territory in AK...now we're just praying for good weather!
__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #38
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

More Magic in the Mail...

I got my itinerary packet in the mail today with my luggage tags and vouchers!

I didn't know we were gonna get so much...I had no idea about some of the things that were included! Planet Hollywood Discounts, Photopass coupons, Arcade and Mini Golf Time...this is awesome! I guess I was just concerned about our Hotel and Dining Options and didn't read everything else!

Hooray for Surprises in the Mail!
__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline  
Old 08-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #39
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

Excited about EMH!

So I started looking at park hours this week and realized that we get to use EMH since we're staying onsite this year (gotta love these little perks!) DH and I are not too keen on getting up early on vacation unless we have to, so I think we'll be using mainly the evening hours...after experiencing last year's MNSSHP, we really enjoyed being in the parks so late at night. It was slightly spooky, but intimate...almost like we were the only ones there.

I think I'm especially looking forward to catching one at the Animal Kingdom! I've seen pictures over on the photography boards, and they are absolutely breathtaking! The way they light up Everest and the Tree at night looks like it gives the park a whole different feel. I didn't even know that the Animal Kingdom had EMH until I saw these shots!
(THANKS DIS! )

I'm not so sure about Epcot or DHS, but we'll definitely be doing MK and AK. (if you've been to the evening EMH at Epcot or DHS, I'd love to hear about it...they just don't seem as fun or as interesting as the other two)

Also...completely off topic, but We're Almost down to the 30day mark! Woo Hoo!
__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline  
Old 08-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #40
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

I don't know if anyone is reading along with my journey...but I just needed to vent!

I had a really bad night! I tripped on something in my husbands office () and it got stuck on my foot! I tried to kick it off and succeeded at hitting my foot on the wall and jamming said object into my foot! This caused quite a nice gash on my toes...I almost ended up in the ER for stitches, but thanks to one of my wonderful nurse friends, I only ended up having to go to the Pharmacy for some neosporin, ibuprofen, and bandages! UGH!

Thank GOD this wasn't right before Disney!
__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #41
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

30 day mark - Woo Hoo's and Shoes!

So we're at the 30 day mark!

My Toe's healing nicely and I shouldn't have any problems before our Trip! I'm going to take a variety of shoes that are well broken in! We'll be walking a little bit in preperation for all the walking we'll be doing in Disney! (After all, we are Pooh Sized! )

DH just ordered new shoes, so we definitely have to get his broken in...he's a boot guy, so we just ordered him some Doc Martin Hiking boots. He's been wearing the same type of boot since I've met him...his Philosophy, "Why Mess With Perfection?"



Me, I'm a flip flop gal...I've been very happy with the Champion Flip Flops that they sell at Target. They've gotten me through our last 3 trips, and will be making a return appearance this year. I have them in SEVERAL colors AND they're great in the rain!



I might even try a pair of Crocs too. I was thinking one of these, but I'll have to try them on first...

,
__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #42
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mystic, CT
Posts: 962

I love my maryjane crocs. I have worn them during the day time for my past 2 trips and traded off with a favorite pair of flip flops for the night time. No blisters. My feet hurt a little, but that's to be expected!! Glad to hear your trip is so close, and sorry to hear about your toe! I hope you enjoy it!
__________________
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
shordiebecka is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #43
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

Quote:
Originally Posted by shordiebecka View Post
I love my maryjane crocs. I have worn them during the day time for my past 2 trips and traded off with a favorite pair of flip flops for the night time. No blisters. My feet hurt a little, but that's to be expected!! Glad to hear your trip is so close, and sorry to hear about your toe! I hope you enjoy it!
Thanks! I was looking at the MaryJane style too! There are so many people here who swear by crocs, I figure it couldn't hurt to try at least one pair!
__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 06:43 PM   #44
Raecheal
DIS Veteran
 
Raecheal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,236

I always wear crocs during our trips.. they are sooo comfortable. You should totally give them a try...

mmmmMM... that cake looks delicous. I love cake!!!
__________________
ME , Stella
Raecheal is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #45
choirchic
DIS Veteran
 
choirchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
I always wear crocs during our trips.. they are sooo comfortable. You should totally give them a try...

mmmmMM... that cake looks delicous. I love cake!!!
I think I'm sold! I'm gonna have to shop around for a pair! As for the cake...I SO wish I could send you a slice to make up for the bad experience you had! WOW! Take care! Send your Gram some hugs from us DISers!
__________________
Join me on my fitness journey!
http://www.facebook.com/TheContraryAthlete
choirchic is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.