Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Robbinsgirls3
My Prince Charming is in the Marines! Semper Fi!

Red face I met Cinderella and didn't even know it!!!!

We just got back from our three day stay at Swan and Dolphin and two days free admission at MK and HS.

My Dad came in to Orlando after a cruise and we met up because a friend of his is a CM and works in WDW and said he could get us into the parks for free!
He and his friends met us at the front gates of MK and helped our group get in. While talking to our friend's girlfriend who works in the parks too, I asked her what she did. She said she was in a few of the shows, and she said she was getting ready for the Castle show within the next hour.

I said, "oh is that the same show from 2007, Year of a Million Dreams? I really liked that show it was really great!" She said yes that she had been doing that show for a few years, so I asked her what part she played and she said "I'm the one in the blue dress." Now this did not strike me as overly exciting at the time, because since I had not been to the parks in 2 years what I could remember was all the characters were in some kind of blue, dancers, singers and Characters. Plus, in my defense, it was 12:45 in the middle of the MK in 92 degree heat, I wasn't my usual sharp self!

We all said goodbye because they said they had to go get dressed, and not until after we got home today did my Dad call me to let me know that she was actually Cinderella!

GEEZE how did I miss that?! Well, I figured she couldn't just come right out and say yeah I'm Cindy, but I'm off duty now, so no pics etc etc. Plus we had three little girls standing right there in their little princess t-shirts armed and ready with their autograph books and smiles! I wish I had just caught on at the time of meeting her, it would have been so nice to let her know how good of a job all the "Princesses" do, and that we are such big fans! I'm going to send them a thank you note anyways, because Disney sure did pick those kids right. They were so nice from the moment we met them and so happy to help. And you could tell they were all Characters in the parks because they all did the little side shoulder hug to all of us and thanked us for coming and to enjoy our stay, like it was engrained in them to say that to all they meet! Too cute! What an experience to look back on and kick myself for, ha ha!

DL 1999
DL 2001
DW 2007 POP
DW Sep 2009 Swan and Dolphin LOVED IT!
DW Nov 2009 AS Sports
DW JUNE 2010 POP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: