Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Wink Say a little Prayer for me

I am going outside to see if I can ride a bike.

I haven't ridden one in over 20 years. I used to ride my bike to classes in college but had a bad accident (not horrible, just bad) and haven't been on a bicycle since then. I need exercise that won't put weight on my feet so DH found me a nice bike at a garage sale, but before he fixes it up for me I need to ride DD's and make sure I can still do it.

I am hoping that it is "as easy as riding a bike"!

DH is coming outside to act as witness and call 911. . .

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

I think we need pictures.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

DD13 wants a video for You Tube!

Okay, Helmet is fitted. Guess I have to do this.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
Old 05-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
C.Ann
We'll remember when...
No time for green bananas
When the going gets tough, she gets the Palmolive!!
If I knew we were going to be graded here, I might try harder

Ooooooo! I love to ride bikes!! Have a brand spanking new one down at my DD's house, but there's not really any place safe up here to ride them..
By the time I'm back living at my DD's, it's winter..

If I could get it in and out of my van, there is one area that would be "safe" up here, but my hands are too weak, so that's out of the question..

Good luck - and we'll be watching for you to come back and update - hopefully not from the ER..
----------------------------------------

"I wrote your name in the sand,
but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in the sky,
but the wind blew it away.
So I wrote your name in my heart,
and thatís where it will stay.."

"We won't be sad, we'll be glad
for all the life we've had
and we'll remember when...."
C.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

i'm praying for ya, hon, but if it doesn't work out, do what i did...recumbent bike-no chance of a crash, LOL.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
Diznotyzed
Mesmerized by the Sunday Night Glow of The Wonderful World of Color
I don't shave my legs - I use tweezers

There's always training wheels! Hope all went well!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
nephthys43
DIS Veteran

good luck to you!!! make sure you find a nice squishy pillow for tomorrow. i just started riding again yesterday and boy does my tushy hurt! i went out and bought one of those "comfort" seats for it today. it's better, but not totally.

july 1980 - first trip (cried when i met the three little pigs) - offsite / march 1987 - offsite / march 1991 - offsite / august 1996 - offsite / march 2005 - offsite - celebration / march 2006 - offsite - celebration december 2006 - CBR / december 2007 - sports / december 2009 - offsite - celebration / august 2010 - POP
nephthys43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #8
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznotyzed View Post
There's always training wheels! Hope all went well!
DARN! Why didn't I think of that sooner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephthys43 View Post
good luck to you!!! make sure you find a nice squishy pillow for tomorrow. i just started riding again yesterday and boy does my tushy hurt! i went out and bought one of those "comfort" seats for it today. it's better, but not totally.

I may need one those. That seat was not made for my *no longer a teenager* rear end.

This was just a test run down the street and back to see if I could even get on and ride without falling off. The good news is that I didn't fall. But DD13 said I looked like a 6 year old just learning to ride. I keep reminding her that in 3 years I will decide if she gets to drive--she really needs to keep her comments to herself!

When I yelled to DH that I was ready to go outside he came running with the camera in his hand. So photos are coming. . .

Old 05-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
AmazingGrace
Life is good, God is great!!!
Born again Texan
Enjoys a good Dole Whip
I saw the "I pooted" one. Made me laugh so hard that I, well, you know, POOTED!!!

Oh you'll be fine. it's like riding a bike. Oh, wait, that wasn't real helpful, was it?
Old 05-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #10
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Since with a username like mine I am obviously not afraid of embarassing myself online I give you--photos!

First off, the last time I rode a bike NO ONE wore helmets. Except maybe that really geeky kid that got beat up every day. In fact my bike accident was with a guy on a moped, and the moped riders didn't wear helmets either.

So this was my first time wearing a bike helmet. Lordy it makes me look like a dork! Add in the mom jeans, Disney sweatshirt, and orthotic tennis shoes on my wide load behind and I was afraid that Stacy and Clinton were going to jump out of the bushes at me!

Ready to go:

DH jogged along beside to catch me if needed. Like I wouldn't have taken us BOTH out if I fell. Notice the neighbor boys that were watching this specticle of the 40 year old fat woman rides a bike.

I had my insurance card in my back pocket, DD13 was taking photos, and DD9 was holding the phone to call for the ambulance/fire department/jaws of life/local paper.

I made it on my own! Notice the ramp that the boys were using to do jumps on their bikes. Flippin show offs. . .

Old 05-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #11
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
Oh you'll be fine. it's like riding a bike. Oh, wait, that wasn't real helpful, was it?
Thanks!

So I survived and now DH has to fix up the bike for me. Hopefully we can take some family bike rides when I get a bit more confident. Turning scared the bejeebers out of me. And I can get some exercise and take some of this weight off.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #12
AmazingGrace
Life is good, God is great!!!
Born again Texan
Enjoys a good Dole Whip
I saw the "I pooted" one. Made me laugh so hard that I, well, you know, POOTED!!!

Good for you. I ride my bike occasionally and it's actually enjoyable. Of course, I'm a bad monkey and don't wear my helmet, but that's another post.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #13
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
Since with a username like mine I am obviously not afraid of embarassing myself online I give you--photos!

First off, the last time I rode a bike NO ONE wore helmets. Except maybe that really geeky kid that got beat up every day. In fact my bike accident was with a guy on a moped, and the moped riders didn't wear helmets either.

So this was my first time wearing a bike helmet. Lordy it makes me look like a dork! Add in the mom jeans, Disney sweatshirt, and orthotic tennis shoes on my wide load behind and I was afraid that Stacy and Clinton were going to jump out of the bushes at me!

Ready to go:

DH jogged along beside to catch me if needed. Like I wouldn't have taken us BOTH out if I fell. Notice the neighbor boys that were watching this specticle of the 40 year old fat woman rides a bike.

I had my insurance card in my back pocket, DD13 was taking photos, and DD9 was holding the phone to call for the ambulance/fire department/jaws of life/local paper.

I made it on my own! Notice the ramp that the boys were using to do jumps on their bikes. Flippin show offs. . .

This is, by far, THE funniest thing I've read in a looooonnnggg time! What's even funnier is this could be me. I've started walking recently and can't believe how many problems I'm having with my feet because of it. You've given me hope and inspiration. Maybe it's time to break out the bicycle I bought a number of years ago, get some air in the tires, and "Get Out on the Highway!"

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #14
SCHBR'smom
My mind is as clear and focused as.... oh, look

You can ignore my chores, too

Great post!

I don't ride bikes. It gives DH too much material for making fun of me.

You may now call me SCHBRVM'smom.
SCHBR'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #15
C.Ann
We'll remember when...
No time for green bananas
When the going gets tough, she gets the Palmolive!!
If I knew we were going to be graded here, I might try harder

Good job!!

Oh - and get that more comfortable gel type seat.. I have one for my bike and it's waaaaay better than a regular bike seat.. Wasn't very expensive either.. I bought it at "the evil Walmart"..
----------------------------------------

"I wrote your name in the sand,
but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in the sky,
but the wind blew it away.
So I wrote your name in my heart,
and thatís where it will stay.."

"We won't be sad, we'll be glad
for all the life we've had
and we'll remember when...."
C.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread