Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Candy Mickey Head Wreath

I'm not sure if anyone has ever posted this...but if you have a little extra time before your trip and need another thing to make, a Candy Mickey Head Wreath would make a cute door hanger that other guests in your hotel or even better on your cruise ship could steal a candy or two from.

Materials Needed:

2 Wire Hangers
35+ Wrapped Candies per circle (peppermints work great and are inexpensive!)
Curling Ribbon
Childs Safety Scissors

Instructions:
Straighten the hanger and then cut it in half using wire cutters (only 1 half will be used per circle). Bend one of the pieces of hanger into a circle shape. Twist one end around the other to secure, leaving about 3-inches of one of the ends free. Bend that end over to form a small circle or hook for hanging. Use a pair of pliers if necessary. If needed you can also use some duct tape to help secure the ends together. Make one large one of these for mickey's head and two smaller ones for his ears.

Use wire to attach the three rings together in the shape of Mickey's head.

Once you have the wreath base made, you can add the candy! You can use any kind of wrapped candy you like, anything from traditional peppermint rounds to suckers. About 35 of them will fill your hanger nicely, but this number can vary quite a bit from person to person because of how close they are tied together.

Cut the curling ribbon into 8-inch pieces. Take 1 piece of candy and tie it to the center of a piece of ribbon. Then, use the ribbon to tie the candy tightly onto the wreath. You can either cut off the extra ribbon or leave it. The ends can be curled to add a nice touch to your wreath. Continue this process until you have the wreath as full of candy as you like.

Then attach some curling ribbon to a child's pair of safety scissors and attach to the wreath so that those walking by can cut a piece of candy from your wreath.

Hang your wreath and a note on your door inviting those that walk by to share the candy!

I don't have a picture of what it would look like as a mickey head...but here it is with just one circle:

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 11-01-2009 at 09:42 PM.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Hi Dolly

Great idea Hon,,,we (school) do wreaths every year to raise money and I think I'll give this a try.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs Mel
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Dolly are you going for Christmas this year?

here is a thread I started a year or so ago
I made some mickey bells,,have a look --it was fun
making everything.
Hugs Mel

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1880974

Last edited by bababear_50; 05-11-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: sp
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababear_50 View Post
Dolly are you going for Christmas this year?

here is a thread I started a year or so ago
I made some mickey bells,,have a look --it was fun
making everything.
Hugs Mel

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1880974
I went last christmas, saw and made your cute mickey head bells for a small christmas tree that we had in our room at the resort. I loved them!!!

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: